Be Ma Girl

Under the Sky

The park is a few blocks away from his house. You walked there in silence but instead of feeling awkward, you welcome the silence as if it were one of the greatest background music ever composed in the history of mankind. The silence made you feel just how happy and grateful you are to be walking side by side this man.

 

It’s a different walk from the one you’ve had yesterday. This one is solemn. Just fine. So fine.

 

Finally you reached the park; few people are loitering around the place. There are mothers playing with their little kids, young ones who are busy with what it seems to you like school project, and there are couples as well. You blushed at the thought that the two of you looked like a couple to these people. You’re not. That’s the sad part. But the great part is that, you can always dream, right? Right.

 

“Let’s go to the swings”, he invaded your inner thoughts by that.

 

You walked to one of the swings and sat there. Minsoo stood behind and grabbed the chains that keep the swing elevated. “I’ll push you”, he gently said.

 

“Okay, but wouldn’t you want to sit as well?” you asked slightly looking back at him as he pushes your swing gently.

 

“Nah-ah, not my thing”, he said with a gently shake of his head.

 

“Then why are we here?” you nervously ask as his hands slid closer to yours on the chain where you are holding on to.

 

“I don’t know, I just like it here. Quite, peaceful, away from any noise Niel would make”, he chuckles.

 

“He’s really loud, no?”

 

“You bet! He can talk non-stop! He can talk while eating, he can even talk while brushing his teeth!” he exclaimed, you can see genuine amusement when he talks about his friend.

 

“I see you are so fond of him, huh! I wonder why”, you tease.

 

“Whatever do you mean by that, little Missie?” he stopped rocking you to and fro and looked at you.

 

“Hmm… No-thing!” you said in a tone that suggests otherwise, making him more confused of what you’re implying. Then it dawned on him.

 

“Are you saying that I am in love with my friend? My guy friend?” his chinky eyes now grows into a round set of brown orbs, disbelief could be seen through it. You can’t help but laugh at his reaction.

 

You know he’s not gay, how could he? But, seeing how he reacts to that made you laugh more than you have thought.

 

Seeing that you’re not overruling the earlier thought, he asks you. “What made you say that?”

 

“Hmm, nothing, it’s just…” what? “You don’t have a girlfriend, and for years that we have been attending the same school, I couldn’t think of a time where I’ve seen you with a girl.”

 

“That is because…” he started. But before he could finish his sentence, it started to rain. He quickly grabbed your wrist and yanks you to a nearby shelter. You’re laughing as you ran, you could never ever contain the happiness you feel by doing and experiencing things with him.

 

When you reached a small pavilion that’s all to yourself, both of you are laughing as you dry yourself with your handkerchief. Done with yourself, you saw that Minsoo doesn’t have any handkerchief with him and is drying himself up with his bare hands.

 

“Yah, why didn’t you carry a hanky with you?”

 

“Why would I? I’m just going to the park”, he shrugged.

 

“Here.” You offered him your hanky. It’s late when you realized what you just did. You blushed, hankies are personal stuff, you babo! You scolded yourself. He looked at you as though weighing if you are serious. There’s no turning back for you now, you have offered it to him.

 

When he took if from you hand, you could never blush even more than that! OMO! He’s using my hanky! When he’s done drying himself up, you expected him to return it to you but he didn’t. He puts it inside his pocket then looked at you. “Thank you.”

 

“No biggie.” No biggie your face! What the hell am I talking about? He just used my hanky! And now, it’s inside his pocket! That very same hanky is the one I am using minutes ago! That hanky is with him now! Aww, lucky hanky! Ha ha, I must really be crazy, being envious of a mere hanky. You smiled silly at the crazy thoughts inside your head. Good thing people don’t have the ability to read minds. If not, you’re screwed.

 

“You seem so happy”, he noticed the widest grin he has ever seen on anybody. “Are you happy because of the rain?”

 

If what you mean by that is because of the rain I am stuck here with you, and you just used my hanky, then yes! But if you’re talking about the just the rain, then no. Again, your crazy thoughts went ahead of yourself. And since you couldn’t voice out all of that to him, you edited it a bit and just utter the safe words to say.

 

“Actually, I hate the rain. I always do”, you answered as you look at the pouring rain, misting everything in sight. You heaved a sigh.

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Well, that is because…” you paused for a little while, weighing if you should really tell him the reason why, “I hate it when my feet gets wet.” There you said it; you hung your head low.

 

You heard him laugh before commenting, “How do you take a bath then?” his eyes are full of amusement.

 

You went to defend yourself. “Not like that! I’m taking a bath so of course it’s okay if my feet get wet. What I mean is, if I am walking out then it would rain, I’m wearing slippers, then my feet would get wet. It’s just… I find it annoying”, you said with a small pout. He’s making fun of me now.

 

 “Aigoo! You’re amusing”, he said with light glee.

 

“How about you? Do you like the rain?”

 

“I don’t like it”, he started. Oh great, we have something in common, you thought. “I love it”, he said turning to you with gleam accentuating his beautiful eyes.

 

“You love it? Why?”

 

“You sound unconvinced”, he slightly pouted. Aigoo, you precious being. Wae you so cute? “I love it because when it rains, everybody else gathers inside the house. We’ll share a great meal eomma would prepare. Then I can sleep the whole afternoon out, or read a book with the sound of the heavy rain as my chamomile tea, ah, it’s great. Really great.”

 

All the while that he’s talking; you can’t help but just adore him. Now you’re knowing him more and more, now you’re loving him more and more. He’s sentimental, eh? Nice to know that about a guy. Argh! Bang Minsoo! Why are you screwing my brains?

 

He looked down at you with a childish grin that you just have to smile yourself as well. “I wish that it will always rain”, he said.

 

“Yah, you must not say that”, you fake scolded him.

 

“Huh? Why? It’s nice when it rains.”

 

“For you. But what about those people with poor houses? Their roofs might give in, how are they going to dry their laundries when they don’t have dryers? And if rain keeps on pouring, flood will occur. What about the people living in the low regions of the country?”

 

“Aigoo, so you’re Miss Concerned Citizen, eh?” he mused.

 

“Don’t laugh, it’s true.”

 

“Of course I know it’s true. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have wished for that”, he said as he beams yet again.

 

You couldn’t help it. You smiled back at him. Looking at him now, you wondered of the time that you started talking with him oh-so-comfortably. It’s like you two can talk about anything and everything under the sky. No holds barred, you feel comfortable around him.

 

Silence.

 

After a while, you spoke. “You said you love sleeping or reading your books when it’s raining, right? So, you wanna go home so badly now?” Aww, I’m getting sad just by the thought that he’d want to go home and not be with me here.

 

“You’re right about that. But…” he paused.

 

“But?”

 

“There’s something more I wanna do than just sleep or read a book right now”, he said as he smiled a sheepish one at you.

 

“Whatever could that be?” You’re puzzled about this man. What is he thinking?

 

“Come, the rain stopped, maybe we should walk you home before if rains even harder and the both of us couldn’t go home”, he said motioning for you to walk out of the pavillion and out of the park.

 

You gingerly followed him. I don’t mind being stranded with you anywhere, though.

 

When you reached your house, your heart weighs heavy as you know it’s time for you to say goodbye to him. You couldn’t be sure if you can do this again. You have your excuse for today, but you don’t have anything more for tomorrow, or the day after that. You heaved a sigh.

 

“So…” he started. “See you Monday?” a spark of hope ignites inside you.

 

“Why?” you scolded yourself for asking such a dumb question.

 

He looked at you with bewildered expression. “Oh, I.. erm.. going to return your hanky?”

 

Right. “Oh, right. The hanky, see you Monday then”, you waved a sad one at him.

 

“Okay. Monday.” He said but didn’t move to go home.

 

“Anything else, Minsoo-ssi?” you asked anticipating for something he would say so that he could stay. Please say something, you prayed intently.

 

“Uhm, no. See you Monday”, ha waved then walked out to the direction of his house.

 

Turning to go inside your house, you couldn’t stop but feel disappointed. Hey, I should cheer up, I’ve spent the whole afternoon with him, that’s more than I could ever imagine, right? You walked to get in. But just as you are unlocking the gate, he called back, running.

 

“Wait!” you looked at him.

 

“What is it, Minsoo-ssi?” outside you’re calm, but inside, you’re jumping up and down just because he returned whatever the reason might be.

 

“I… I… just wanna ask you something?” he said as his breathing hitch up, maybe because he ran? Maybe.

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“I was wondering if…

 

You waited. “I was wondering if, would you Be Ma Girl?"

 

He’s widely smiling at you now, and you could ever stop yourself from smiling widely too.

 

 

---END---

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

yay! it's done! it's done! one shot turned into a three shots, eh? though that sounded awkward, let's just call this a short fic. so now, why aren't you commenting a big YES!!!! on the comment box? C.A.P just asked you to be his girl! demn. i should learn how to do somersaults for real. nyaha! bbyong! ^_^ 121910 3:16pm