Bang Minsoo to the rescue

Under the Sky

That familiar eye smile. The very same eye smile you always love seeing, love staring at. You dream of being the reason of that beautiful smile. For once? Maybe. That would really be great.

 

That beautiful smile that always brightens up and the face you so wish to hold and caress. That beautiful face is staring at you now.

 

You blinked twice. You couldn’t believe that he is actually staring at you now. He has been your crush since entering high school. You share the same school; you are on the same level but of different class.

 

The first time you saw him, he was with his group of friends, chatting and laughing at each other. That’s when you saw just how beautiful this man could be whenever he is smiling that heartfelt smile. But as days and weeks and months and years passed, you are convinced that he is more beautiful than what his physical features project. You see how good of a man he is and how he takes care of his friends. You’ve grown to like him more and more.

 

Now, as you stare disbelieving straight at him, you still couldn’t believe that he is looking at you. Walking towards his direction, well, that is your way out of the school grounds, you didn’t dare disconnect your sight from him.

 

Stepping a little closer still staring at this gorgeous man’s face, you see him lifting his arm to wave at you, your heart almost stopped from beating, your breathing hitched.

 

“Minsoo hyung!” you heard a man’s loud voice coming from behind you. You looked back and saw that he is walking towards your crush. You immediately sprung your head back to look at the man he just called; your crush, Bang Minsoo. He is waving to the new comer and that’s when your bubbles of imagination burst in a loud pop.

 

So, he isn’t staring at me at all. You thought sadly as you pulled your head down and looked at the ground as you continue walking; out of the school, and out of everybody else’ sight.

 

On and on you walked until you are sure to have passed him and his group of friends. Almost heaving a sigh of relief to be out of the radius, you are pinned on your tracks when two palms gently rest on top of your shoulders. You stopped, lifted your heavy head up and looked at the owner of those hands.

 

Your eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when you recognized those pretty eyes staring at you with unreadable expression etched on it. Time stood still and the world stopped spinning as you stare into those unfathomable chestnut orbs. His mouth started to move as if saying something but you couldn’t hear it. You tried and succeeded in fishing yourself out of your own universe and listened to what he is saying.

 

“Don’t move, keep still.”

 

You remained looking at him. You know that he doesn’t have to say that anymore for you are already glued on your spot. He then started on taking off his jacket, put it around your waist and tie the sleeves into a tight enough knot in front. You stood there, watched his every move though you are still confused of the whole thing. Looking up at him when he is done, you shot him a questioning look.

 

Answering your mute question, he said, “You have a stain.” You can tell that he is uncomfortable as he said this. Still not getting what is happening, you furrowed your brows and asked in a soft tone. “What?”

 

Clearing his throat, he said, “You have a stain on the back of your skirt… stain of… uhm…” he couldn’t complete his sentence but it already dawned on you.  Again, your eyes bulged as the realization hit you!

 

 It is your time of the month, and the flow this time is pretty strong. You looked down in embarrassment but immediately lift your head up to thank him for his concern and kindness. You know you couldn’t thank him enough if he hasn’t covered you with his jacket. You would’ve been walking your way home while unknowing that people might be staring at your behind and possibly are laughing at you. Oh, you don’t wanna imagine the humiliation.

 

Gosh! He just saved you! With that, your heart melts, falling fast and deep for this man.

 

“I better walk you home.” He said that made you return to the now and present. You looked at him and you could only nod. You owe him such a big favor.

 

“How about your friends?” you managed to ask as you saw his five other friends looking puzzled at the two of you. He then turned to his friends and waved them off.

 

“I’m going first, guys, I remembered eomma asking me to come home early”, that said, he turned back to you.

 

You looked at his friends, though not happy that their hyung is not going to hang with them, they all waved him off.

 

The two of you walked in silence. Though inside, fireworks are exploding non-stop, bursting out different colors and designs to express how wonderful you are feeling right now. It’s like walking in dream land. If it were in a different time that he is walking you home, you might have spazzed like a fan girl, but because of the situation you are in, all you can feel is embarrassment.

 

“Uhm…” you started. You shyly turned to look at him who is silently walking beside you, you saw him looking at you too. You see that he too is uncomfortable and shy but you can also see genuine kindness and concern in those eyes.

 

Oh how great it is to look at those eyes.

 

“Thank you”, you softly said.  He smiled and that simple gesture almost drains all life away from you. I swear! That same smile would kill me someday!

 

He remained silent, you continued. “If it wasn’t for you, I would have been walking this street not knowing that people might be staring behind me, I could never imagine the embarrassment that would bring me.” You so wanna look at him again but you are so shy to do so, instead, you looked ahead.

 

“Maybe living with three women made me sensitive about stuffs around girls”, he suddenly said that made you look at him.

 

He went on, “I live with my mom and two sisters. There are times when they ran out of pads in the house; they would send me to the supermarket to get them what they need. At first I was really embarrassed, but as time pass by, I’ve understood that there are times when women could really be helpless from the natural thing about them. I’m thankful to be born a man.” He chuckles. “I don’t think I’ll be able to go through that whole thing every month. You even have cramps, right? Do you have those as well? The cramps?”

 

He looked at you lifting one of his brows up. He looked cute that way but you stopped yourself from spacing out. Knowing things about him is such a delight. You found yourself growing more and more attached to this man. When most of the men are getting irritated by the sudden mood swings brought about by this time of the month, here is one who said that he understand that? Wow. Just wow.

 

“I… uhm, sometimes. But most of the time, I don’t feel a thing. Eomma said that I am really lucky that I don’t usually have those cramps.” You finished, though you couldn’t tell since when did you feel comfortable talking about this thing to a man, you felt good talking with him. You smiled.

 

He smiled at you too. “You’re lucky indeed. When my noona is having her… you know… she suffers through great pain, I really feel bad whenever I see her all curled up on her bed. But those are during the first day only, but still…”

 

“You’re a good guy.” It’s late when you’ve realized what you had just said, there’s no turning back now. You looked at him and saw that he is just smiling a simple smile at you.

 

“I mean, you understand this thing about women which most men wouldn’t even try understanding. And, how you care for your sisters, and also… how you helped me back there.” You’re smiling when you finished. You feel light.

 

You reached your house. “This is my house.” You gestured to the house behind you as you are facing him.

 

“Oh, okay. Bye then”, he waved and is about to leave when you called him.

 

“Minsoo-ssi”, he turned and looked back at you. “Thank you!”

 

“No big deal, just return it to me on Monday, okay? It’s one of my favorites”, he smiled at you, and your heart melt for the umpteenth time this day.

 

“This and for helping me out, you don’t know how much that meant to me…” Oops, what am I saying? “Err… I mean, thanks for saving me the humiliation, and for walking me home, thank you!”  Your heart beats fast and you struggle to showcase a sincere smile.

 

“That’s okay, I’m sure you’d help me too if ever I would be in a situation I’ll be needing help to get out from, right?”  He asks you with that pretty smile dancing on his lips.

 

You nodded smiling, “Of course!”

 

“Then we’re even!” he said and turn to walk his way home, leaving you smiling like an idiot to yourself.

 

“Bye, Minsoo-ssi. Take care on your way home”, you waved.

 

He waved at you without bothering to turn. That’s even better, you thought to yourself for he must have seen you smiling from ear to ear looking like a total weirdo.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

demn, i know i at titles but please not this much? (had a hard time putting up a title for the first chapter of her own fic, how bad is that?) again, demn. ayways, what's your view on this? what if that happens to you? great if there's a hot and oozing with iness Bang Minsoo to save your (quite lireraly here) but what if there's none? demn.