Stealing The Show

You Know...I Got You

 

 “Let's go.” A voice ordered as the source quickly stood.

 

Sulli shot up in her seat. “Go? Go where?”

 

The tomboy pursed her lips. “Are you sure Krys?” Her eyes wary.

 

Krystal gave her girlfriend a glare, this time pulling off the “Sica stare” better than before. “We already talked about this.” Her tone was flat.

 

Victoria's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “You did? When was this?”

 

Trying to avoid her glaring girlfriend, Amber looked over at Victoria. “Before Krystal got a check up in the hallway.”

 

“But, you two didn't say anything.”

 

Krystal and Amber made eye contact for a while before the tomboy muttered a soft, “Fine.” and stood up too.

 

The other members jumped to their feet. “Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Sulli reached her hands out to hopefully keep everyone from moving. “Fine what?”

 

Luna pointed a finger at the Kryber couple, her finger wagging back and fourth between the duo. “You two, this whole couple telepathy, eye talking, silent conversations thing has gotta stop. We gotta know what you two are up to...plus it's a little scary.”

 

“Oh c'mon Luna, as if you and Sulli don't do it either.” Krystal fired back as she rolled her eyes. The maknae quickly grabbed Amber's hand and tugged her towards the door.

 

The other mentioned secret couple glanced at each other and blushed faintly. Victoria stood there trying to understand what was going on. Apparently this was a couples only sort of thing. Her time away from Nichkhun only leaving her impervious from understanding what the two pairs were talking about. Witnessing the Kryber couple ready to march out of the room snapped the leader back into reality. “Amber.” She called out softly. “You two aren't planning on...”

 

Just before the duo could leave the room, Amber turned her head and simply nodded to their leader. “Are you okay with that?”

 

Victoria took a while to respond. “No, I can't let you two go out there.” She eventually stated, noticing Krystal sighing heavily. “Luna, Sulli, come here.” Her arm gestured the other couple to come over.

 

“Why can't we go umma?” The maknae questioned with a slightly hung head. Oh how she looked so much like a child.

 

As the others joined, Victoria gently tugged Amber and Krystal closer. “Because, we are f(x).” That caught the maknae's attention as she lifted her head to look at the leader. “What we do as a group, we do together.”

 

There was a pause. “So then...” Luna started but looked to Victoria in hopes of an answer.

 

The leader wrapped her arms around the Sulna couple that was on either side of her. Eventually the others did too, until they were in a small group huddle. “I can't just let Amber and Krystal go out there. That's not f(x). That's just half of us.” She looked at all the girls. “All five of us, together, that's what makes f(x). So if f(x) is going back on stage, then that means we're all going.” She gave a warm smile to the Kryber couple who responded with smiles of their own.

 

Sulli looked at Victoria. “But umma, what about Krystal? What if she faints again?”

 

Everyone pursed their lips as they focused their attention on the maknae. “How do you feel Krystal?”

 

“I feel fine. I took a small nap while the other two groups were up.” Next to her Amber was nodding in confirmation. “I'm sure I can hold out for just the good-bye segment.” Krystal spoke confidently.

 

Amber squeezed her arm around Krystal's waist. “And I'll be there to make sure she's safe.” Krystal glanced at her a little surprised of the words. The tomboy simply gave her girlfriend a warm smile.

 

Everyone nodded. “Right, we'll all be there plus the other sunbaes and hoobaes. Everything will be fine. Besides, isn't our name on the closing performance roster anyways?” Victoria added with a smirk. “So let's go out there, all of us, and show them that we're f(x) and that we can pull through anything. Let's make the audience remember who we are.”

 

The girls nodded proudly as their leader put her extended right pointer finger in the middle of their huddle. The others instantly knew what this was and did the same, touching the tip of their fingers together, thus creating a star. “Hana, dul, set! F(x)!” At the end of their chant the members retrieved their fingers, symbolizing their finger fighting star.

 

The group hug broke as the five of them hurried towards the stage, mainly to avoid bumping into their manager. As they closed in on the side of the stage, a crew member stopped the group. “Wait, what are you five doing?” His arms out to his sides to keep them from slipping by.

 

“We're going on stage. Our manager said it was okay.” Victoria fibbed confidently.

 

The crew member's eyes glanced at the other girls as he grumbled something into the mic of the head set. All of the f(x) members held their breath in anticipation. “Okay. F(x) right? You're clear. We have you on the roster. Let me grab you some mics and then you can head on up.” He grumbled again before checking the stash of microphones on top of the equipment box next to them.

 

The group bowed thankfully once they received their microphones and climbed the few steps to go on the side of the stage. Just as they were about step into view, a “HEY!” was called out. However, it was barely noticeable due to the blaring music. The idols turned to see who it was only to see that source as their manager who was practically running towards them.

 

“Go! Go! Go!” Krystal yelled, but the music was blasting so loud that it was faintly audible as well. Victoria saw the scene unfolding and fled on stage with Sulli and Luna following right behind her, hand in hand. Quickly grabbing Amber's hand, the final two rushed on stage.

 

 

 

[Amber's POV]

 

The lights were completely blinding as we stepped into view. They were shining at us from every direction. I even had to raise a hand in front of my face just to block out the bright lights. It took a while for everything to process in my head until my eyes finally got used to it all. Light stick colors of the other different groups were sprinkled everywhere throughout the stands. It was always fascinating to see how many light sticks there were, but something stuck out to me, none of them were waving. It was as if the crowd were clenching them with tight fists or something. Then suddenly one went out, then another, then big chunks until finally the stands were filled with nothing but darkness...

 

No... Not the black ocean... This sight, this black ocean was something no performer would ever want, not even on one another. The sound of the audio that was playing as we entered even cut off. The other groups scatted all over the stage looked at us worriedly. I made eye contact with the rest of my group members who all seemed to have tears welling up in the corner of their eyes. There was one thing that a black ocean could mean, and it was something each and every one of us dreaded. We didn't want this...we didn't want any of this.

 

Did our fans, our fans that were screaming our names just earlier in the concert, not want us back up here? Did they not want us to perform again? All because of just one incident? Was that why we were given this...this black ocean? This darkness that symbolized that we weren't wanted on stage? That none of them wanted us here? Our first comeback in a whole year and this is what we've come back to?...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Did we deserve this?...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1!” A group of fans in the middle of the seated section called out.

 

 

 

 

 

2!” The volume of the shouting grew substantially as more people joined in.

 

 

 

 

 

3!” The crowd roared from the top of their lungs.

 

 

 

 

 

Oh...my... In one second the audience went from complete darkness to a glowing ocean of pearl light periwinkle. Everyone on stage looked around in disbelief. How did this plan get through to all of the people in the stands?! The incident of Krystal fainting was obviously not planned. So how was all of this? Our newest hit suddenly blared from the speakers and everyone in the stands screamed. The light sticks waved around in rhythm to the beat of our song as the audience chanted “F(x)! F(x)!” over and over again.

 

Beautiful. That's what all of this was. Simply, beautiful. Something cold and wet ran down my cheek but I ignored it. I was still very much bewildered by the breathtaking view. Judging by the look on the other idols' faces, so were they. I glanced over to Krystal and noticed that there were tears streaming down her face so I pulled her in for a hug. “Princess. You're crying!” I reached up and wiped away the tears from either side of her face.

 

“You are too.” She giggled happily as my love did the same to me. So that's what that was.

 

I looked to the side of me when I felt another person join our hug, it was Sulli followed by Luna and Victoria. We stayed like that for a while, so happy that words couldn't even spill out of our mouths. All of us just embraced each other, loving this feeling. What we were aiming for, we achieved. Our very own ocean with our song blaring through the speakers in the background. I couldn't help myself. All of this was so overwhelming! I raised my mic high into the air, cuing some cheers, and with a deep breath I yelled into the mic “Let me here you SCREAM!” All around us the crowd roared. Shivers crawled down my spine with how loud it was. My mic still up in the air as a sign of victory.

 

We gave each other tight squeezes before finally breaking the hug and dispersing around the stage area with the other performers. Everywhere Krystal went, I followed behind. It wasn't because I was thinking she was gonna faint again. It was mainly because this was a happy moment in our lives and I wanted to spend it with the one I love. We all sang our song, happy and oblivious. This was our time to shine. For the very last chorus the five of us all regrouped in the middle of the stage. We were so hyped up that we began to dance the choreography. Even Krystal was hitting every move right on the dot. At the end, I was happy to see my cheerful girlfriend waving to everybody, lively as ever.

 

Once again, the ending song played and this time all of us were there to say our thanks. The other group colors started to appear once again but the pearl light periwinkle ocean was still very much visible. The other performers didn't mind it though, in fact they even congratulated us every time we paraded around the stage and such. All that mattered to the idols was that we were there to join them as we said good-bye for the night. That we were there as we did our final bows. The complete SM Family.

 

 

 

 

The minute the groups got off stage, a very stern faced man was staring down the rebellious f(x) just down the hallway. “I can't believe you did that.” Their manager stated crossing his arms as the wave of performers came closer.

 

All five of the girls bowed to him apologetically. “We're sorry oppa.”

 

As they rose their heads to look at him he sighed and unfolded his arms with a smile, reaching out to mess up Amber's hair. With a simple hair flip it was back to normal. “I can't be mad at you girls. You even got your first ocean!” The other performers behind f(x) that were stopped in place due to the confrontation all sighed in relief. “Good job girls. Now go on to your dressing room. I'll meet you there. I just have to talk with some staff.” He gestured them to go on without him.

 

Everyone nodded happily as they started to part. “Oh! Oppa?” Sulli quickly stopped to face him again. “Do you know how the audience did that? The whole ocean thing?”

 

All of the groups stopped to hear his response. That big mystery was something all of them wanted to know. The man smiled and pulled out his cell phone to show a text.

 

[Uncle! There's word going around the stadium that the crowd is planning on doing an f(x) ocean if they come out again! I'm texting my other friends that are here and even complete strangers are agreeing to this! Send them out please?! PLEASE?!]

 

 

“I have a teenage niece in the audience and everyone passed the word to each other by any means necessary. The things these fans do for you idols scares me sometimes.” His eyes went from f(x) to even the other idols behind them as he chuckled putting away his phone. “Now go, run along. I'll be there soon.”

 

With the road block now cleared and the mysterious ocean solved, the idols were all at ease as they strolled towards their dressing rooms in a big wave. In front of the crowd was Krystal and Amber. Members of other groups all mingled around with everyone else behind and to the side of them.

 

“Hey Amber?” Krystal called out as they continued down the hallway.

 

“Yeah Krys?” The tomboy's hand on Krystal's waist squeezed her gently as they walked. They looked just like how they left the stage, Krystal's arm around Amber's shoulders and the tomboy's arm wrapped around the maknae's waist.

 

Krystal looked down before looking up at her girlfriend. “Why did you let me go back on stage again? I thought you didn't want me to go?” She diverted her eyes to the side. “I thought you said you were gonna let me crash and burn...” Her voice was soft.

 

To Amber, it seemed like everyone's eyes were on her, all anticipating an answer. “Krys,” She grabbed her girlfriend's attention. “Did you really expect me to just let you go out there and do nothing if you fainted again?” She paused. “I was just really upset when I said that. You know I'll always be there for you.” The tomboy quickly kissed her cheek as the latter smiled at her response.

 

“You're sweet Amber.” Krystal tried making it sound like a friendly sort of thing, hoping none of the stage crew eavesdroppers buzzing around would discover their secret.

 

The tomboy smirked. “Yeah, I know.” That only earner her a playful slap to the arm. “But honestly, I only said 'yes' because of one thing,” She looked over to Krystal to see if she had her attention. Amber grinned at the fact that she had not only the attention of her girlfriend, but of the people beside her. “I didn't want to deal with HellSica again.”

 

“YAH!” Jessica's voice boomed directly behind Amber making the couple jump. The servant didn't know that she was there! “I heard that you little hoobae!” Laughter erupted as Amber and the Ice Princess suddenly broke into mad dashes down the hallway, the tomboy dodging and weaving away from Sica's hands that were trying to kill her.

 

Someone then filled in the empty space next to Krystal as the scene kept unfolding in front of the group of idols. “Your Amber is such a dork.”

 

The maknae turned to see a chuckling Yuri, the latter's eyes glued on Jessica. “You're right.” She smiled as she looked back at her sister and her lover running around. “But she's my dorky llama....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unnie! Let go of her neck!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

N/A: Hey everyone! So here's the final chapter! I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think! I like getting feed back! ^^ I think with this being my very first fan fiction ever, it turned out to be a success! ^^

 

Anyways, I'm going to be making more stories so don't think this is my last one! ^^ For now I think I'll be uploading one-shots or something because I've got mid terms coming up! Dun, dun, dun!

 

Finally, thanks for reading to the end! ^^