The Show Must Go On...With or Without You

You Know...I Got You

 

 

 

Something caught the idols' attentions, making Amber quickly stand up and face the source. It sounded like footsteps, and a lot of them at that. Then suddenly around the corner came a bunch of stage crew followed by SNSD's and f(x)'s managers.

 

“There you girls are!” SNSD's manager exclaimed with hands reached out. “C'mon, c'mon. The crew needs you girls to go on stage and join Super Junior. SHINee's almost done with their songs.” He glanced over at Amber and Krystal as Girls' Generation was starting to exit the hallway, ushered by the stage crew. There was no time for little chit-chat from the 9 girl group, but they all looked back at Krystal. Jessica being the last one to look away. “Take care of her.” Their manager mumbled placing a sympathetic hand on Amber's shoulder before rushing to join the girls.

 

F(x)'s manager accompanied Amber next to Krystal. “C'mon. We've got to take Krystal to get checked up.”

 

He was about to sweep the maknae up when Amber waved a hand in front of him to stop him. “I'll carry her.” The tomboy quickly scooped up her secret girlfriend with ease. Turning around to face the other members, Amber noted the leader's pursed lips. Was I not supposed to pick her up myself? Matching the leader's expression, the servant pushed passed the other girls and left the storage hall way into the main hallway.

 

“Uhh, right.” The manager stood there momentarily confused. Seeing the two girls leaving the hallway he shook his head to get his mind back together and hurried to join Amber's side. “I'm a little disappointed with the medical crew. They were supposed to aid Krystal immediately.” The man ran his hand through his short hair.

 

“You shouldn't blame the medical team.” Amber mumbled. “I told them to meet Krystal and I in our dressing room.”

 

Their manager furrowed his eyebrows. “What?....Why did you tell them that?” He glanced over at Amber who was effortlessly carrying the girl.

 

Because I didn't want a stranger touching Krystal. Because I didn't want my girlfriend taken from my arms. Because I didn't want to just stand there doing nothing again! I don't know oppa, take your pick! Amber took a while to reply as thoughts flew in and out of her head, getting slightly irritated of what her mind was brewing up. “The hall was really crowded, having the medical team there would be nearly impossible to get through all the traffic.” She faked as an excuse.

 

“So then what caused you to stop in that hallway?” He questioned.

 

One name was all he needed to understand. “Jessica unnie.” Amber replied flatly.

 

The man's expression changed into one of “oh” as the the maknae's older sister was mentioned.

 

The tomboy looked down at her girlfriend. Near Krystal's head came a quick Victoria who tucked the maknae's head into Amber's chest. The lolling of her head irking the leader. When her head was moved, Krystal stirred in the tomboy's arms making the latter stop walking. “Nngh...” The maknae pressed her face into Amber's chest as her head was spinning. Slowly but surely, the girl's eyes fluttered open to look up at a small smile coming from the one carrying her. “A-Amber?...” The tomboy nodded to her.

 

Victoria stepped in front of Amber to examine Krystal. “How do you feel?” The leader's motherly instinct kicking in as she pushed away hair from the face of her fallen member. On either side of Victoria was now Sulli and Luna.

 

The maknae took a while to answer her. Everything was still so hard to comprehend. “My head hurts...I want to lie down.” She mumbled weakly. Her eyes glanced over to the girls but then quickly closed when everything started to spin.

 

Using guiding hands, the manager parted Victoria and Luna to clear a path for the rapper. On Amber's back was a little push from the manager. “C'mon. Take her to the dressing room. You can lay her down on the couch there.” The man mumbled into Amber's ear which caused the tomboy to nod and walk again, slower this time.

 

Feeling the world around her shake with every step made Krystal's head spin worse. Her face cringing in pain when she couldn't take it anymore. “Stop.” Her voice was so soft and easily drowned by the echoing footsteps. “Stop.” The maknae tried again, a little louder.

 

“Hmm?” Amber looked down, leaning over to carefully listen to her girlfriend.

 

“Stop moving. It's hurting my head.” Krystal pleaded with a weak hand now resting on her own forehead. The movement occurred for a few more steps before finally stopping. Slowly, the girl was moved to sit down on an equipment box. Everything was going horrible in her head. The room wouldn't stop spinning whenever she opened her eyes, it felt like there was a constant earthquake with every little movement, and she felt drained of any energy. Slowly the girl started to sway back and forth until a gentle hand brought her forehead onto someone's shoulder, the one right in front of her. “What...what happened?” The maknae questioned with her eyes closed.

 

A soft breath released near Krystal's ear making her spine shiver. “You fainted.” A voice cooed, a voice that soothed the girl like no other. The youngest weakly looked up at Amber before resting her head on her servant's shoulder. “It's okay. They'll understand.” She heard her mumble, but she couldn't understand what she meant. Who'd understand?

 

The manager touched Amber's shoulder to have her look at him. “I'm going to go get the medical staff from your dressing room. I'll be right back.” All the tomboy did was nod and the man was soon gone around the next corner.

 

Sulli joined Krystal's left side and Victoria joined her right as Luna leaned against the side of the box closest to Sulli. In between the girl's legs was Amber, pressed up against the box to act as a support for the maknae. “I'm sorry I fainted.” Krystal whispered and let out a sigh. “Just before we were going to perform our newest song...for the...very first time!” Immediately she sat up straight, surprising the others. Her head spun from her sudden actions but she pushed the pain out. “Oh my god!” She cried in English before trying to jump off the box.

 

In quick reflex to Krystal trying to leave, everyone put their hands on her arms and shoulders to stay still. Amber had the simplest job, aside from a hand stiffly settled on Krystal's heart to keep her still, just stand there and act like a big wall. “What are you doing?!” Luna questioned.

 

“We have to go back on stage and perform!” Krystal reasoned looking at Luna. Her hands went to her servant's shoulders as she tried to move her girlfriend out of the way. “Amber move!”

 

Sulli put more pressure on her best friend's shoulders to try and keep her still. “Soojung are you crazy? You can't go back out there after you just fainted!”

 

Before the young one could protest, Victoria butted in. “Sulli's right Krystal! What if you fainted again?! Then we'd just end up going through the whole thing all over again!” Amber shuddered at the thought of having to go through everything all over again. She did not want to deal with HellSica once more. “It wouldn't be worth it Krystal!”

 

“Ugh! Amber move!” Krystal ordered trying to shove her servant who now had an irritated face on. “Now!” When hitting the tomboy's shoulders didn't get the girl to budge she tried giving the same cold stare that Jessica gave a while ago, but it wasn't working. Amber wasn't feeling the effect at all. The maknae quickly gave up on trying to do her sister's death stare. She was no Jessica, no matter how much blood related they were. “Can't you all see?! We have to get on stage! It's our first comeback in a whole year and I messed it up!” Krystal reasoned putting her hands on Amber's shoulders again trying to shove her backwards. Still, the older girl wouldn't move. “I need to make it up to everyone by going on stage and us performing our newest hit! Our company is going to get so mad!” By now Amber was getting immensely frustrated with Krystal's pushing, shoving, and hitting to her shoulders. The fact that Krystal wanted to go out there just so that they wouldn't get in trouble with the fans or the company was what really started to push the tomboy over the edge. “Our fans will hate us! What are they gonna think if we don't-”

 

Suddenly Amber slammed her hands on the box on either side of Krystal's waist. This caught everyone by surprise, even Krystal. The four girls retreated their outstretched hands and watched on. The young one sat there, frozen. “You are not going back on stage Krystal.” Amber's tone of voice was serious as she looked in her girlfriend's eyes. “I'm not going to risk you going out there only to faint in front of everyone again! You. Fainted. Krystal. You didn't just trip or stumble on stage! You fainted and were out cold by the time I caught you! Do you not understand why going back out there is a stupid idea?!” The tomboy paused. “Who cares about what the fans or even what the company thinks?! What matters right now is you and your condition!” Amber pointed a finger at the frozen maknae. “You shouldn't worry about them and what they think because they'd understand! They'd understand that you can't go back out there! And if they really cared then they wouldn't be mad at you for fainting! They'd be sitting there praying for you to get better!...Just like I have!” Again she paused. “What part don't you get Krys?” The look that Amber was giving had 'heartache' written all over it. Krystal could have sworn that a tear was welling up in the corner of one of her eyes. None of the fans ever saw Amber like this, so they never knew that she was the type to cry when she's really mad or upset. [Honestly I don't know if this is true, I'm just using it for the story.]

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

The servant stared into Krystal's eyes intensely, pulling off the 'Sica effect' better than her own sister. Maybe the fact that this was Amber doing it was what was effecting Krystal more than ever. The tomboy's fingers curled in to make tight fists before stepping away, enough room for Krystal to jump off the box and run. “But if you want to go on stage so badly, just to pass out again, then fine. Be my guest. But I'm not going to go on stage to catch you. Not again. Instead, you're just gonna crash and burn.” Amber's voice was cold and flat, her words piercing the maknae's heart. Not once has Amber ever said she'd never be there for her.

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

The maknae took a breath to calm her frightened heart before slowly climbing off the box, with the aid of the others. Amber's gaze never broke from her girlfriend. The four girls watched Krystal take a few steps forward, eyes still on her love. Then, she dashed for it...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

right into Amber's arms where the latter immediately wrapped her arms around her girlfriend. Krystal buried her face into the crook of her girlfriend's neck where Amber rested her forehead on the maknae's shoulder. The two let out shaky breaths to calm themselves down. Finally when their hearts were beating like a ballad Krystal muttered a soft, “I don't get it...why are you so against it?” at a volume to where only her servant could hear her.

 

Amber sighed into her girlfriend's shoulder. “It's because I care about you baby. It hurt me seeing you like that, and I couldn't do anything to help. All I could do was watch you and hope that you'd get better.” She spoke just as softly as her love. Her arms around Krystal squeezed gently. “If you were to go on stage and something happened to you again, I don't think I could stand it. You'd be so weak, so helpless, and I wouldn't be able to do anything for you. All they'd tell me to do is just let you rest.” Amber sighed softly. “It's painful Krys, knowing that I can help you, but not knowing how to help you. It makes me feel useless.”

 

Burying her face deeper into Amber's neck, Krystal mumbled a soft, “I'm sorry Amber...I understand now. Please don't feel that way.” With that, she gave Amber's neck a soft apologetic kiss. With them so close to each other, no one would have noticed Krystal's actions. She then stopped and mumbled, “I just want everyone to know that we can push through anything and we're strong enough to keep going, through thick and thin. Even if we are just an 'experimental group'. Don't you want to prove to them that we're more than that? More than just an 'experiment'?” The maknae paused. “Please Amber, let's go back out there, just for a little. We need to show them that I'm okay...I need to show everyone that I'm okay.”

 

“You shouldn't be going out there for the fans or for the company, Krys.”

 

The maknae sighed. “I know.” Her voice a little annoyed that her convincing wasn't working. “Please Amber...I want everyone to know I'm okay. All the hoobaes and sunbaes that really care for us. I want them to know that I'm fine...especially Jessica unnie. Who knows what she'll do if she thinks I'm not okay.”

 

Amber shuddered slightly as her lips pursed in deep thought. After everything I've told her, she still wants to go out there... “Babo. That's your reason? You still expect me to let you go out there?” Krystal shifted so that she could look in her girlfriend's eyes with hope. The tomboy sighed, ready to tell her answer.

 

The sound of someone clearing their throat took the Kryber couple's attention, making them slightly break the hug to see their manager with the medical team. “The medics want to see how you're doing Krystal.” One of the medics raised a red first aid kit. Seeing the maknae nod, the manager waved a hand wanting all of them to go back to their dressing room.

 

Pursing her lips at the thought of it, Krystal spoke a soft, “Can we do the check up here? I don't think I have the strength to walk all the way back.” Amber turned her head to the maknae in wonder for the sudden request. Krystal just gave her a look and her servant pursed her lips tightly. With a slight lift in Krystal's eyebrows, the tomboy eventually nodded to whatever their eyes had conversed.

 

The medic that held up the first aid kit nodded. “Sure, we can do that.” She walked towards the equipment box that Krystal was on earlier and gave it a pat. “Sit down and we'll check your temperature and everything.” The maknae followed the order and sat down again, Amber to her side, holding her hand gently. Once the medics were done they packed up their things into their kits and looked at the manager. Everything the head medic told was just about the same thing that Seohyun had told them earlier. All Krystal needed was to be kept cool and to rest.

 

The manager thanked the medics and bid them farewell before turning to look at Krystal. “Thankfully it's not as serious as we expected.”

 

“As we expected or as you expected oppa?” Sulli commented with a giggle.

 

The man chuckled along with the girl before nodding. “You're right. You're right. However, I'm a little worried that you all took her explanation so calmly. Not even a sigh of relief.” His eyebrow raised in wonder.

 

“Seohyun unnie did a check up on her earlier and told us the same thing.” Luna answered happily, glad that the two elaborations on Krystal's health matched and nothing was really serious. The maknae glanced at Amber, wondering if it was true and the latter just gave a nod with a small smile.

 

The man before them had another “oh” face and nodded in understanding. “Okay, makes sense. Now let's go back to the dressing room so I can get your rides ready. Then we'll head out back to the hotel so that Krystal can rest.”

 

Krystal and Amber shared a look before the maknae leaned against Amber. “But oppa, that's too far. Can't we just stay here for now? Besides, I wanna watch the sunbaes perform. What kind of hoobaes would we be if we left the concert before it even ended?” As childish as she sounded, it was what usually got their manager to agree with the maknae. Her aegyo.

 

He let out a sigh and nodded. That voice got him every time. “I guess that's fine. This is a company concert. It wouldn't be complete if not everyone were here right?” The girls all nodded to him. “Okay, well let's at least move to a place with a monitor so we can watch them.”

 

Krystal stood up, wrapping an arm around Amber's waist as support. All six of them headed to the closest dressing room, which so happened to be the one closest to the stage as well. In there were empty clothes racks, tables, a couple of couches, and a mini refrigerator filled with water bottles. Along one wall were mirrors and make-up stations. Mounted on the wall adjacent to the mirrors and make-up was a plasma screen T.V. Quickly turning on the television, the live performance of the concert was the first thing being broadcasted. After gently helping Krystal over to one of the couches, Amber picked up a piece of paper on one of the tables. She quickly skimmed over the words and lowered it. “There's two more groups that have to perform and then it's the big finale.” She announced mainly looking at Krystal who gave a nod in her direction. Putting the piece of paper back on the table, Amber walked over to her love and sat down so that Krystal's head was on her lap.

 

The show went on and slowly Krystal fell asleep on her servant's lap. The other members continued watching the performance and one by one the last two groups had gone through their song list. EXO-M was the last group up and they were already singing their final verse of their last song. That's when f(x)'s manager stood up from his chair and faced the girls. “Well, I'll go call the driver and get everything ready for when we leave.” The girls all nodded and watched the man leave.

 

“Let's go.”

 

 

N/A: So what did you all think of this chapter? Good? Bad? Let me know!

 

Well, I wanted to upload this chapter today mainly because....it's Amber's Birthday! *throws confetti* Happy Llama Day Amber! Now that you're of legal age in Korea, I wonder if the other members are gonna tell of your crazy drunken stories in later interviews! O.O Anyways, Happy Birthday!