Simple

Push and Pull

 

No.”

 

Why not?”

 

Because.”

 

But she's your sister.”

 

 

Obviously Kwangwoo hated me. Reasons I might try to justify and rationalize would only fail to prove a point because my dear brother insists that it's my disease. While I have nothing against neuroses, who doesn't have them, I had to admit that the sick feeling in the pit of my gut was troubling me more than the usual.

 

Do you still hate me?” The question came out more weakly than I had wanted, not that I wanted it to sound weak or anything. Kwangwoo looked up from his breakfast, but his eyes still didn't meet mine.

 

Yes.”

 

More than the usual?”

 

More than the usual.”

 

It was the 'more than usual' that had done it for me. While our daily dose of hate was healthy, it was when it had gone to the 'more than usual' extreme that was actually quite worrying. To me, it seemed like such a little matter for him to get so worked up about, but as Taec had helpfully pointed out, perhaps it was an accumulation of the little things that had brought upon this big thing now. I didn't understand it at first, but perhaps that was the anti-social me that was refusing to absorb this piece of information.

 

It wasn't as if I wasn't aware of it. Taec and Jay had pointed it out many times that there were certain points in time that they wanted to strangle me, and I honestly did try to make an effort to act more human, but this was Kwangwoo. Perhaps I was hoping because he was my brother, because he was supposed to know me the most, he would understand and know that- know what?

 

Meh.

 

Given time I was sure things were going to go back to normal without me having to do anything...right?

 

 

Wrong. Apparently Kwangwoo was going to drag this issue for as long as he can. He was still ignoring me, even making an effort to make it painfully obvious (as if it already wasn't) that he was ignoring me. How far he was willing to take this, I wasn't sure, but it has finally come to the point that I had to ask for help. And who else do I go to but my ever so dearest friends.

 

Taec fell down to the floor next to me on the right side section of the mirror-lined wall. His long limbs sprawled out before him and he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, “So? Just say you're sorry, it's not that hard.”

 

I frowned, and he smiled, his toothy grin more irksome than the usual.

 

Look, it was your fault anyway.” he continued.

 

I know that, but...”

 

But what? Look, you never say you're sorry, Kwang would know that.”

 

But what if he thinks its just another one of my schemes? Because he knows I never say sorry, using that on him is supposed to make him feel special and-”

 

Not everyone thinks like you.”

 

Does everyone really think I'm that evil?”

 

Well, you are.”

 

This is true, but that's besides the point.”

 

It's just two words. Three if you want to be about it.” Taec stood up, leaving me with a meaningful gaze, “Just talk to him, it's obvious you miss him anyway.”

 

 

There should be course on how to orchestrate the perfect apology. Not that I was putting any more effort than necessary for this...whatever this was, but I didn't want Kwangwoo to think I wasn't being sincere. Let's face it, I don't exactly have a face that spells sincerity, and most of what I say you'll never really know if I'm being serious or not. One would think my own brother would be able to tell the difference, but I guess maybe not.

 

Taking one last look at my handiwork, I gave myself a pat on the back (literally, because I'm a pathetic little thing like that) and with one final nod, I walked out of the roof deck.

 



 

Kwangwoo looked suspiciously at the piece of paper that had several instructions written in his sister's hand. His better judgment was telling him to ignore it, tear it in pieces, throw it out, and never look back. But Taecyeon has never asked him a for favor before and the look on the older man's face was suitably sincere and Kwangwoo never imagined anyone would do anything for his older sister. Okay, so maybe he knew one, but that wasn't important right now.

 

Taecyeon's parting words were simple, and Kwangwoo felt compelled to adhere to them. Go up the roof he said, the same thing written on the piece of paper that felt heavy in his hands. He still wasn't ready to completely forgive his sister, he was just too frustrated that she couldn't keep herself away from his personal life. There was a reason he didn't tell her anything, and this was exactly it. He knew she was going to interfere, only he had hoped he would have had more time than this.

 

Sighing in resignation, he walked up the stairs to the SMEnt. roof deck, dragging his feet, forcing his head to get a wrap on the situation. What greeted him upstairs however rid him of all conscious thought. Boa stood in the middle of the deck, directly above her were Christmas lights strung all across the roof both horizontally and vertically casting an ethereal glow upon her.

 

In her hands was an mp3 player, and when she finally sensed him come near, she turned to Kwangwoo and smiled. “Hi.”

 

Hi.”

 

I really like your cover. I didn't know you could sing.”

 

Kwangwoo was confused for a moment until Boa showed him what she was listening to. His eyes grew wide and his cheeks flushed scarlet. Boa was listening to an old cover he made of his favorite Boa song, Best Friend. “H-How did you...?”

 

Boa shrugged, “I just found it here with a note that said listen to it. What's going on?”

 

Kwangwoo wished he knew too. His eyes fell back to the now crumpled piece of paper in his hands. It only had one last instruction left, and the deceptive simplicity of it threw him away.

 

Just tell her straight and simple.

 

The words just left his mouth as if he were trapped under some compulsion spell and he wouldn't be surprised to find out if his sister was involved with such things. Boa's eyes dropped to the ground, but the blush that spread across her face gave Kwangwoo a sense of control over the situation.

 

Is...is that okay?” he suddenly added almost as an afterthought. He swore if his sister was watching now he would strangle her.

 

Boa smiled at him, and it to him it was like the light of a thousand suns.

 

 

But you have to admit, she has great advice.”

 

...”

 

I'll take that as a yes.”