Chapter 15

Twin Series 1 - Hope ( Dara's story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jae's POV

 

I  can't believe it. I was totally blindsided.

 

 

 

I thought we're okay, that we'll support each other from that day on. 

 

 

I tried to run after her, but she used the only elevator available. When i reached the lobby and looked out the road, she was nowhere in sight.

 

 

 

I sat down on a nearby bench and placed my hands over my face. All that comes to mind are questions?

 

 

Why?

 

Did she meant what she said?

 

Did she never truly loved me?

 

What can I do to bring her back?

 

How can I make her trust me, that I truly love her?

 

 

 

 

I didn't notice how long I  sat there when a phone call snapped me out of my misery. I thought it was her.

 

 

 

 

It was her mother;

 

 

"Dr. Jae, where are you?i just got a call from Seoul General Hospital. They said they just brought in my daughter, Isn't she with you? I'm on my way there now. Tell me what's happening, why didn't you call me?" I stood up ran to my car.

 

 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Park, she just left me but i'll go there now, I'm near the hospital. I'll call you when i find out more and..." I controlled the fear and anxiety I'm starting to feel "... I'm sorry." I hanged up and started the car.

 

 

 

 

I felt fresh tears falling again.

 

 

"Please, No... Don't leave me this way. Please..." I whispered as I drove like a man possesed.

 

 

 

The hospital was just about 10 minutes away from where I was - but it felt like hours with the agony I was feeling.

 

 

 

 

I reached the hospital and it didn't register to me how lucky I was that I didn't get into an accident or been pulled over by cops with the speeding i did.

 

 

 

 

I made a dash for the ER, where I know she'll be sent first. I looked around and saw some staff working very quickly around one bed. I started to walk closer but a nurse stopped me when i'm about 4 steps away. I saw a glimpse of her pale face and I felt strength started leaving my legs, but i fisted my hands willing myself to pull it together.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but you can't go any closer. They're doing everything to revive the patient, you'll just be in the way." She placed a hand on my arm.

 

 

 

"Uhm..." My mind is completely going blank but i knew I shouldn't, I took a deep breathe. "I'm ... I'm her boyfriend and also her doctor. "I answered.

 

 

 

"They are doing everything they can. I hope you understand. Come with me and answer some information about her while her guardians are not here. You can also talk to the main physician so he'll have an idea on her case." I nodded and followed her, but not without looking back to her bed every now and then.

 

 

 

After 5 minutes her mother arrived and she went straight to me.

 

 

 

"My baby, what happened..." She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter