Chapter 3

Let's not

 

“Lee donghae and Cho kyuhyun come here!”  The said boys groaned and cursed softly when they heard the sharp and high-pitched voice. Both of them turned around and saw their discipline master looking sternly at them. They walked towards her reluctantly and nodded their head as a sign of greeting her. 

 

The discipline master threw them a dirty look and spat, “How many times have I told you guys to wear your school uniform properly?”

 

“And what is this, huh?” She tugged donghae’s loosed tie and kyuhyun’s tucked out shirt. “Where is your blazer?”

 

“Shut up ,” Donghae coughed softly and only kyuhyun, who was the only one able to hear him, had to bite his inner cheeks to prevent from laughing out.

 

“Put on your blazer, do your tie, and tuck in your shirt now!” She yelled. Donghae and kyuhyun hissed softly at the sharp voice and did what she said reluctantly.

 

“Boys, this is your last warning. If I caught you guys not wearing your uniform properly again, you will be having detention. Is that clear?” She warned with her high-pitched voice and pushed her glasses with her middle finger.

 

“Yes,” Donghae and kyuhyun nodded their head slowly.

 

“Good. Go to your class now.”

 

Both of them immediately walked away to the third floor. When they walked up the stairs, kyuhyun looked around to make sure no one was watching them before clearing his throat. Donghae shot him a puzzled look which followed by a smirk when he realized what the former was trying to do.

 

“‘Boys, this is your last warning. If I caught you guys not wearing your uniform properly again, you will be having detention. Is that clear?’” kyuhyun imitated her in a sharp voice, not forgetting to push his imaginary glasses. “Does she know how annoying her voice is?”

 

Donghae chuckled.

 

“No wonder she is still left on the shelf.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

 

The lesson had already started when the duo reached the art room. Their art teacher didn’t say anything and let them in the class, probably already heard the whole scolding. Their discipline master’s voice was no kidding.

 

Donghae and kyuhyun nodded at the teacher and walked straight to their seats as they their blazer. Donghae loosen his tie as soon as he sat down and kyuhyun tucked out his shirt. Just then, donghae noticed something on the table.

 

Cute! Good job! ^^

 

Those words were written just below his “Nemo FTW!” Donghae smirked and shook his head in disbelief. Will anyone vandalize the table to praise another one who vandalized the table? That person must be crazy or silly. Nevertheless, donghae took his pen and wrote something back.

 

Cute! Goob job!^^

Thank you~ are you a senior?

 

 

I must be crazy, donghae thought as he read the words again. He’s actually replying back.

 

“What are you doing?” kyuhyun uttered and look at those words. “You wrote it?”

 

“That nemo and ‘Nemo FTW’ was written by me, but that ‘Cute! Good job!’ was by other,” donghae replied.

 

“Yeah…I can kind of expect that,” kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “I meant the last line. Are you trying to start a conversation on the table? Literally, on the table?”

 

“Maybe~ That depends on whether he reply or not,” Donghae shrugged and touched the surface of the table where the words were written.

 

***

“See you later,” kyuhyun waved and walked towards the right. Donghae nodded and make his way back home from the amusement arcade. Both of them had been spending hours inside the amusement arcade since school was over. It was already 7pm when he left the venue.

 

Donghae had his hands in his pocket and an expressionless face, but hidden under that expressionless face was should I say tired? It should be. He wasn’t feeling irritated since that man wasn’t at home. It must be tired. He was tired of going back home. He was tired of facing her. He was tired of her lies.

 

Donghae wasn’t sure when those feelings started. It just came out without him knowing. Was it when his mother divorced with his father for another man? Was it when she took side with that man immediately and scolded him for stealing without finding the real true? Was it when she broke her promise of believing him forever? He doesn’t remember, but he knew that he would never be able to treat her in the same way any more.

 

Donghae took a deep breath and pushed the door open. He took off his shoes and walked in the house.

 

“Donghae, you’re back?” Donghae’s mother asked and came out from the kitchen. “Have you eaten your dinner?”

 

Donghae didn’t looked or replied her and walked straight up to his room without turning back.  In his room, he threw his bag on the floor and laid flat on his bed. Not soon later, Donghae felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. Still laying, he took out his phone and saw a new message.

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Donghae

I’m already waiting for you.

 

Donghae sighed and placed his phone on the table as he got up. He took a quick shower and walked towards his wardrobe. He chose a red leather jacket with yellow stars printed on, black t-shirt and black jeans. After changing, he turned towards the accessories and picked a set of red and black thin bangles to put on his right wrist. Before leaving, he checked himself in the full-length mirror. Satisfied with his look, he clicked his tongue and smirked, “Let’s go, Lee donghae.”  

***

 

Loud music could be heard as soon as donghae and kyuhyun stepped in the nightclub. Squeezing through the crowd, they found their friends sitting near the counter.

 

“Kangin hyung, hankyung hyung,” Donghae and kyuhyun tapped their back and smiled.

 

“Oh! You guys are here,” They smiled and gestured them to sit beside them.

 

The boys did and placed their orders for their drinks.

 

“Where’s heechul hyung?” Donghae asked and looked around.

 

“On the dance floor,” Hankyung turned and scanned the area. When he found the red-head looking at him, he waved and pointed him out for donghae and kyuhyun. The duo waved at him and heechul waved back.  Their drinks were ready when they turned back. Donghae took a sip of it and began to move his head lightly against the beat, enjoying the moment of freedom.

 

“You guys still single?” Hankyung questioned to both boys.

 

“Why that question?” Donghae raised his eyebrow.

 

Kyuhyun chocked on his drink and coughed, “Don’t tell me you are trying to match-make us with someone.”

 

“Well…Not really. Just that some girls came to us and said they are interested in you guys,” hankyung replied and shrugged.

 

Donghae and kyuhyun shook their head immediately and make themselves occupied with their drinks.

 

“Hyung, please, no!” kyuhyun begged. “Girls are not for me, they are irritating. And you know that I’m gay.”

 

Hankyung chuckled and looked at donghae. Donghae shot him a ‘don’t-look-at-me” look and said, “Spare me.”

 

Hankyung let out a laugh and nodded his head, “Fine. I’ll tell them”

 

“Have you guys found someone you like?” Kangin looked at them sheepishly.

 

Kyuhyun immediately replied, “Not me. But donghae should be soon. He’s trying t-”

 

“Shut up! Stop blabbering nonsense!” Donghae covered kyuhyun’s mouth and exclaimed before kyuhyun could continued. He clearly knew what kyuhyun was trying to say. That fellow had been pestering him with questions about that “table person” who replied to donghae’s vandalism. Asking him what he would do if he met that person someday, was donghae already interested in that person, what if that person was someone they know, etc.

 

“Mhp!!” kyuhyun tried to pry donghae’s hand away buy to no avail.

 

“Go dance! Didn’t you say that you want to dance? Go! Go!” Donghae stood up with his hands still covering kyuhyun’s mouth and pushed the latter towards the crowd on the dance floor.  Donghae kicked kyuhyun’s and removed his hand away from the latter’s mouth as kyuhyun was squeezed by other people who were dancing. Donghae then return back to his seat, gulping down his drink and pulled down his jacket until it reached his elbow. Hankyung and kangin was still laughing at their earlier actions.

 

“Hyung!” Donghae growled.

 

“Donghae is i-”

 

“Aish! Go away!!” kyuhyun’s voice once again appeared and donghae immediately kicked and pushed kyuhyun into the crowd. When donghae was sure that kyuhyun was lost in the crowd, he then sat down and glared at his hyungs who are still laughing or rather, laughing even harder.

 

***

It was already midnight when donghae arrived home. He opened the door and kicked off his boots. He thought they were both asleep since the lights are off but it’s not the case.

 

“Where did you go?” Donghae heard that man demanding and the lights are on suddenly. Donghae’s step father was standing about seven steps in front of him while his mother was beside him.

 

“Donghae ah, we are so worried about you,” his mother raised his hand and was about to touch donghae’s shoulder when donghae just walked past her.

 

“Worried?” Donghae laughed bitterly and smirked as he looked at his step-father who was standing beside him now. “Are you sure?” He then turned away and walked up the stairs.

 

“Lee Donghae! You stop there!!” His step-father yelled. “What kind of high school student would come back this late and reeking of alcohol?”

 

Donghae turned and glared at his step-father, “Just be grateful that I came back sober or you would be dead by now.”

 

“Lee Donghae!!” Donghae ignored his step-father and continued up the stairs. When he reached his room, he didn’t forget to slam the door loudly. He ruffled his hair in frustration and sat on his bed, taking deep breath to calm his anger.  

 

“I have to get out of this house as soon as possible,” Donghae whispered to no one and kept his eyes looking forward. 

 


A/N: I'm sorry for not updating earlier!!! I was kind of having writer's blocks...BUT ANYWAY!! here is the third chapter!!! 

Thank you to everyone who commented & subscribed!!! ^^