Chapter 1

Let's not

 

That day was just like those days: wake up in the morning, get prepared for school and off we go. This was the typical school life every student will live. Some might be grumpy when they go to school; school was simply boring. Some might be excited; they’re able to meet their friends. Some just feel numb; feeling nothing special since it was just a daily routine. For hyukjae, he was in the third category.  

 

Hyukjae kept his eyes on the ground as he climbed up the stairs to the third floor where he’s first period-art will be held. As he was about to reach the third floor, an arm was suddenly hooked onto his shoulder.

 

“Good morning!” Hyukjae turned his head towards the left and saw no other than his best friend sungmin smiling widely at him.

 

“Good morning,” hyukjae smiled and continued his way to the art room with sungmin.

 

“How’s your weekend?” sungmin asked as they walked in the art room together.

 

“Homework, working, drawing…that’s all,” hyukjae shrugged and placed his bag on the floor before sitting on his stool. Sungmin followed suit and sighed. He understood that homework was compulsory for a good student like hyukjae and working was necessary for him since hyukjae believed that he had the responsibility to support the family for being the only male after his dad died years ago because of cancer, but drawing is optional. Sungmin shook his head.

 

“Yah…I understand you love drawing and you are damn good in it. But aren’t you bored doing the same thing?”

 

Hyukjae smiled softly, “Like you’d said, I love drawing. So why would I be bored doing something I love? Besides that, I’m drawing different things.”

 

“Tch…Even if you are drawing different things you are still drawing,” Sungmin scoffed. “You should try doing other things.”

 

“For example?” Hyukjae raised his eyebrow.

 

“For example singing, dancing or going out with me!”

 

Hyukjae laughed, “You are just trying to find someone to go shopping with you! I can’t understand you…How can a guy like shopping that much?”

 

Sungmin pouted, “Yah! That is called ‘fashion research’ okay? To know how to dress better so as to boost your confidence! And who said guys can’t like shopping?”

 

“You sound like a girl,” Hyukjae laughed

 

“Yah! Lee hyuk jae!” sungmin hissed.

 

“Fine! Fine!” Hyukjae raised his hands up with a silly smile still attached on his face. Their conversation stop just in time for the lesson to start as their teacher walked in the art room.

 


Noises were heard coming from a particular classroom on the second floor. The pupils in that class were all in their senior year.

 

“Class, please settle down!!” A man ageing around 70 years old screamed out his lungs. Purple veins could be seen standing out on his neck.  However, not even a student paid any attention to him.  The class was just as chaotic as before.

 

“I feel bad for him,” A boy with a messy yet stylish brown hair said as he continued clicking on the electric device in his hands.

 

“So?” The golden-haired boy, who is sitting on the desk with his foot on the chair, chuckled.

 

“So let’s just hope that class can end soon,” The former replied to his seatmate. “How did they even decided to let him relief our class?”

 

The golden-haired boy smirked. He got down from the table and swept the dust away from the chair before sitting on it. He then changed his position by leaning back on the chair and placed his legs on the table before crossing his arms.

 

“Too bad,” He shrugged.

 

Just then the bell rang and all the students immediately grabbed their belongings and rushed out of the classroom without even biding the teacher goodbye. When the brown-haired boy finish keeping his things, he realized his friend was already outside the corridor, walking towards the stairs.

“Yah! Donghae, wait for me!” The brown-haired boy shouted and jogged out of the classroom.

 

“You are so slow, Cho Kyuhyun,” The golden-haired boy rolled his eyes when the former was standing beside him.  Kyuhyun ignored him and climbed up the stairs to the third floor. Donghae smirked and followed him. When they reached the art room, a bunch of juniors was making their way out. Donghae and kyuhyun stood aside and let their juniors walked through before entering the art room. They walked straight to their seats and placed their bags on the floor. Other students walked in and went to their rightful places as their teacher arrived. Lesson soon started but donghae and kyuhyun wasn’t in the mood for it. Kyuhyun immediately fell asleep as soon as the lesson started and donghae started to vandalize the table by drawing and writing random things on it. Since the table was already vandalized by others and dirtied by paints, donghae’s “art works” didn’t make much different on it. He wrote ‘Hi dude~’, ‘What’s up, dude?”, “Hey, I’m Mr. Simple!” and many more. Suddenly, a new idea came up into his mind and he immediately added it on the table. When he was done with it, he chuckled softly. This is truly art!

 


 A/N : First chapter up!! I hope it's fine?