Final

Breakfast Love

 

Here it is! Finally done after procrastinating for so long, I know..

I had tests so I'm just going to silently blame that keke ^^

I just want to say thankyou to the subscribers, I know there's so many exo stories and it's destiny/fate etc that you found my story and read it! As cheesy as that may sound I'm very grateful! So thankyou again and enjoy the final part! xD

 

-----------

“Konichiwa welcome to Japan Airlines, your seat is here,” the kind lady led you to a window seat and you bowed.

For a moment the lady’s warm gesture had distracted you but now your mind returned to the regret. Your heart was beating loudly as you tried to settle into your seat. You hands trembled, looking behind towards the exit wondering if it was too late to turn back.

You can do this, like omma used to say love doesn’t last forever. You were sure you would find someone else. A sudden sob escaped at the thought of replacing him but thankfully your sunglasses were shielded you.

You already regretted leaving, you hadn’t even gone to see him one last time. What was so wrong in seeing him one last time.? You questioned yourself now.

Your stomach felt sick and you wanted to get off the airplane but it was too late, the plane had already started moving. Your hand reached out to the window taking one last look at Seoul, the reason for your pain and happiness. Your vision was blurry with the amount of tears threatening to spill. You clenched your fists and bit your lips in attempt to calm yourself down but it was hopeless. This is it, you thought, you were actually leaving, how funny would it be if you woke up to find that it was all a dream. Now you were definetly going crazy, there was no way you could justify your actions with petty scenarios.

Before you knew it one by one the tears of pain fell one by one, tears of memories fell one by one, and tears of happiness fell one by one.

Oppa I’m so sorry, you thought as the plane inched closer to takeoff.
Suddenly you caught sight of a bright tail in the sky whooshing past. Taking of your sunglasses you rubbed your eyes to make sure you weren’t imagining. If it was what you thought you wished deeply for one last chance.

-----

A year later

After waking up with your face bloated and your eyes swollen you didn’t have the energy to want to got to work today.
While getting dressed you wore clothes to match the mood. Being mostly never happy you went with grey, feeling as if you could dissolve within the street, silently hoping someone would mistake you for a road and take your life away.
Knowing that someone else in the world has it worser than you do provided you enough comfort to breathe again, but it never lessened the pain. After twelve long months you only became accustomed to it. Like when a season changes, you miss the carefree warm summer but force yourself to endure the confined troubling winter.

“Candy Mama! Candy! Candy!” a little boy screamed at his mother.
“Not now dear later” the weary lady sighed.

You blinked out of your thoughts and stared expressionless at the two in front of you.

“Hello are you okay?” the lady asked noticing your blank face.

Back to your cold self you glanced ahead and walked past them. As you left you heard the lady scoff at you. You swallowed your guilt and treaded away to the bus stop. One thing you had realised is now you actually felt guilty when someone thought of you any less. All because of Suho, who ever knew one guy could influence your mind so much.

---

Ring ring

“Moshi moshi”
“Hello! Are you the owner?”
“Erm yes who is this?”
“This is japanese communications calling to offer you a suprisingly cheap deal for calling overseas…”
You cut the line off immediately not bothered to properly handle stupid offers being thrown at you.

It was a lazy Saturday and you plopped down on the couch flipping the television on. The music station was playing kpop songs. You groaned and was about to reach for the remote when you heard the microwave beep. You jumped up and walked to your island kitchen. You grabbed the hot popcorn bag quickly and set it on the table so it would cool down a little.

You suddenly missed the café, you sighed feeling your shoulders droop. Just then the tv announced something that caught your interest immediatley.
You ran in a flash back to the tv set and crouched underneath it.

…With the rising popularity of these twelve handsome boys fans are eager for their debut in a few days. That’s right EXO will debut as one group in Japan! They’re new music video has collected millions of views on popular music sites proving the one year old rookies continous rising popularity that most likely won’t be coming to an end. Fans are already so hyped up that the police are getting concerned hahaha.. Just kidding but yes I also can’t wait for the interview next week. That’s right! You heard me I will be holding a live interview with EXO K+M!! Let’s celebrate by watching their new music video…

By now you were breathing loudly almost hyperventilating, your feelings were bursting of joy, you were probably more happier than fan girls knowing that your one love was going to finally see you. But then you suddenly thought of the possibility of how he would come and see you. First of all he doesn’t even know where you live, and second of all he’ll obviously be too busy, and lastly you were sure he would have forgotten you by now. You chuckled at your ridiculious self. Your shoulders went back to drooping and flicked the tv off. But deep inside you still felt hope like a stupid love sick girl wondering if you’re wish was going to come true.

---

Bright and early in the morning you felt the sunshine warm your face. You were waiting for Taekyung, a colleague who worked with you at the dance school. Autumn leaves lay scattered on the footpath as you tapped your foot eagerly. Coming to Japan had made you suprisingly impatient, but fortunatley you had become wiser and made new friends or friend trying to live up to your vow.

---

A black van came to a stop at the red traffic light. Exo looked out the tinted windows trying to catch every glimpse of Japan’s beauty.

“Woaah that’s such a big school,” Sehun marvelled.

“Yeah isn’t that one of the richest and top dance schools in Japan,” said Luhan.

Suho took note of the lavishly decorated school, it was so beautiful that the entrance could have been mistaken as a park. A smile spread across his face as he remembered that you were in Tokyo working in a top dance school. His thoughts were distracted when he suddenly saw a tall handsome man crossing the road in front of him. His eye’s followed the handsome man walking past their van and to a familiar lady. She punched him lightly and he laughed handing the extra cup of what looked like coffee to the lady. It didn’t take him to long to figure it out.

“H-Hyerin, is that you” Suho whispered quietly to himself. Chanyeol put a comforting hand on the leader’s shoulder.

Suho watched you yell at the extremely good looking man. He saw the man pinch your cheeks and you slapped his hands away. He remembered he used to do that. He saw the man slide his arm around your shoulder and lead you away.

His knuckles turned white and he bit his lip harshly. Chanyeol’s hand massaged his shoulder trying to calm the leader down. Suho sighed deeply, he felt as if his heart had broken into two pieces.
He didn’t realise you had moved on.

The van began to move again and he turned away from the heart wrenching sight, remembering the last memory of you. He closed his eyes feeling jealousy and pain flood his veins.

---

 “Yah! You’re always late! And I always end up waiting like a lost puppy for you!” You yelled at Taekyung who was holding back laughter. You punched him hard but he didn’t even flinch.
“Well you are my puppy” he winked.
He handed you the coffee he had bought for you.
“Kaja! We have a long day ahead of us”, pinching your cheeks you slapped his hand away. You remembered Suho would pinch your cheeks. Distracting your thoughts, Taekyung put his arm around you like a leash and lead you inside the school.

You were glad to have Taekyung around with you, who happened to momentarily make you happy. You held onto that like a horse depending on it’s life, cherishing the bits of happiness that kept you alive.

“Miss. Hyerin can we please dance to be my baby,” a young boy in his early teens asked you cutely.
“WONDER GIRLS! Omigoooosh please please,” another girl begged you.

You didn’t understand why it had to be that song, any other song would have been fine. You remembered it was the song you had danced for Exo-K.

“Okay class that’s enough don’t bother Miss Hyerin with your requests,” Taekyung came to the rescue.
You sighed in relief but you felt a little embarassed at the pouting faces scattered in the dance studio. The lesson had finished so early because of your remarkable and talented students who cooperated and listened well.

“It’s alright I will dance and you guys can follow along,” you waved your hand in dismay.

The class erupted in cheers and Taekyung smiled at your kind heart.

You didn’t know why you were doing this but you did anyway. You couldn’t finish of your thoughts feeling clueless, not even words could help you describe the immense pain your heart was enduring. You began to dance, twirling as flawlessly as Kai had that day. The class joined in busting out their own funky moves.

All because of him, can’t I just forget him is it really that hard? There hasn’t been a single day in 365 days where he hasn’t invaded my life.

Tripping on your feet you collapsed in the middle of the chorus. The class let out a gasp and immediatley stopped dancing. Taekyung who was watching you dance was now by your side.
You saw wet sploshes of your own tears stain the wooden floor.
“Hyerin-ssi gwenchana?” Taekyung asked gently.
You waved your hand indicating that you were fine. You stood up weakly but you couldn’t face the eyes in front of you. You had fallen down in front of your class and your friend, but most importantly you had fallen down because of him. 

Taekyung saw you turn away from your own class who looked up to you as a role model. He could see something was wrong and he knew it had been for a long time. He couldn’t stand to see you so fragile in front of your class.

“Okay class you guys are dismissed, we’ll see you tomorrow,” Taekyung once again came to your rescue.

You were too ashamed to even turn around and atleast wave to your students as you awkwardly stood covering your face.

Students left whispering and looking back to see your figure still standing in the same spot. When they had all left Taekyung approached you gently. He placed a hand on your shoulder and you turned to him slowly. Seeing tears stream down your face and your lips trembling he pulled you into his arms. Resting your head on his hard chest you sobbed softly to yourself feeling his strong arms envelope you in comfort.

After a while you pulled away not meeting his eyes.
“You want to go for a walk?”
You nodded feeling ashamed you had drenched Taekyung’s wife beater.
He put his jacket around you and led you out of the dance studio.
Both of you were quiet for a long time, you settled after finding a bench near a blossom tree not wanting to tire your legs further.

“If I ask you something you promise to tell me?” Taekyung questioned you seriously.
“I have a feeling I know what you’re going to ask”
“Well let me ask so it’s out there. What happened back there?”
“I uhh it’s.. I guess old memories got the better of me”
“Look I’m not going to put up with this anymore. I can see there’s something wrong with your smile it’s not sincere. It’s been a year but now I can’t put up with it. It’s obvious you regret moving here so why did you, who is it that always puts your smile upside down.”

You were shocked, for a gentle guy like Taekyung you never thought he could be as blunt as a rock. You sighed looking away.
“The love of my life”
“I see and where is he?”
“Seoul? I don’t know he’s a busy man”
“So what happened?
“The typical story, we’re young but we have our own dreams”
“I’m sorry”
“Aish don’t apologise it’s really not your fault”
“Well I’m actually sorry you’re like this, he must be pretty damn lucky to put you in a state like this”
You chuckled thinking how you were the one that was so lucky to meet him.
“So how long has it been since you’ve been like this?”
“A year or more, I’ve lost count”
“Tell me Hyerin do you think it’s right to suffer like this? Do you plan on being like this for the rest of your life?”
You didn’t like the way he was speaking to you so harshly but you deserved it. You knew that but it hurt facing the truth.
“I don’t know”
“I want you to be happy Hyerin-ah” he called out gently. You were surprised with the sudden informality.
“I don’t know how to be happy,” you confessed barely whispering.
Taekyung moved closer to so you were face to face.
“I hate seeing you like this, that guy, whoever it is obviously hasn’t realised what a treasure you are. That’s why he’s not with you Hyerin-ah but don’t be sad because of that. Be happy because you know that is there someone else who knows that you’re a treasure.”
“What? Who?”
“Pabo Hyerin look at me”
Your eyes looked up slowly to meet Taekyung’s brown eyes. His eyes were filled with love and compassion, understanding and loyalty.
In front of you was a man ready to show you what love really is and there you are swallowing yourself in what should have or could have been. What else could you need?

“You,” realisation flickered in your eyes.
He leaned in but you were too confused too move.
“Close your eyes,” he breathed against your lips hoarsely. It felt sweet against your wrinkled lips.
Wanting a little more happiness you complied shutting your eyes, ready to feel the long lost love you wanted so desperately.

His lips brushed softly and lingered for a few seconds. You remembered when Suho leaned in towards you and tilted his head ready to show you what love really was. But you had stopped him scared you would forever loose yourself in his love. You had regretted the one chance at true love feeling it was forced. But if it’s meant to be how can one kiss be forced?

 Feeling Taekyung’s thin lips dig in deeper burying them into your soft breath, you knew this was forced. You didn’t know why you hadn’t pushed him away by now. Your fingernails dug into your palm knowing you shouldn’t be doing this. You felt frozen even your lips hadn’t even responded to his gentle movement. You found yourself stuck between true love and just love, unable to pull away from both because they both provided the same happiness, warmth and care.

---

Walking down the busy streets of Tokyo you crossed the road looking glum as usual. It was your luck that people were too busy to notice your expression was lesser than sad if that was possible. You wouldn’t be able to handle so many eyes staring at you.

You let your mind drift away to yesterday’s event with Taekyung. Your fists clenched remembering how stupid you had been. You let him take advantage of you willing to do anything for happiness. Why couldn’t you be happy?

You suddenly tried smiling, slowly lifting your cheeks and opening your lips. It didn’t feel the same anymore, realising that all the other times you smiled was never sincere, so Taekyung was right.

You kicked a rock in your path and it rolled away into a gutter. Looking around you, you saw an old man and woman walking together. They looked so tired but they held each other’s hand for support.
Your neck dangled feeling even more miserable.
Looking to the other side of the road you saw a teenage couple feed each other ice cream lovingly. They laughed at each other and kissed passionately. You groaned knowing this would only happen in movies yet you were right in front of the scene.

You walked away with hurried steps wanting to get away from this place that brought back painful memories. You turned to the left entering a busy street. Hundreds of girls were piled on to the street screaming and holding banners. You tried to get a better look at all the commotion.
“Hey! Watch it!” a girl next to you pushed you further into the crowd. You scorned at the crazy girl and turned back to the front tiptoeing on your shoes.

“Here they are!” the announcer said.

A fast upbeat track began to play and you heard fangirls scream at the top of their lungs. You suddenly realised that it was a big mistake to be so curious, you did not want to be in this crowd. You feared you would get trampled and stomped on if you didn’t leave. You tried to squeeze away but the force of the large crowd swept you towards the music.

You heard familiar voices singing immediatley captivating your attention. You glanced up and saw Kai’s face up on the screen.  Your eyes split wide and your heart began to beat faster. You thought your eyes were playing tricks on you and you rubbed them just to make sure. Unfortunatley you couldn’t see the large led screen anymore being swept in further by the crowd.

Before you knew it you were already at the side of the stage unable to get away from the loud music booming. You thought your ears were going to explode. You turned around and there he was up on the stage dancing in synch. Your jaw dropped open and the music began to fade out as you heard your heart beat louder than the stereo.

You thought you would never see him, a year before you accepted it was never going to happen. Even after the lady on the tv announced it you knew it was an impossible chance. Only a miracle would bring you together once more and here it was right in front of you. Seeing his perfect face smile widely at the swarm of fans jumping and screaming in excitement. Only you stood there unable to believe if this is reality or a dream.

If this is a dream don’t wake me up.

Suho began to sing and move around the stage and came to stand diagonally away from you unaware of your presence. Your eyes shifted towards the ground in misery knowing he wouldn’t find you within the crowd, despite how close you actually were.  You began to turn around, away from the him, away from the music, and away from this shocking reality.

The song was ending and Suho was about to sing the last line.
He broke out into a high note beginning to stretch his voice further when suddenly he caught sight of you. His voice cracked and he stopped and met your eyes.
You stood paralysed as tears fell across you face as gentle as rain. Luckily the crowd was singing the high note aswell and mistook Suho’s abrupt stop for wanting to appreciate the fans.

You ran away pushing your self with all your might against the crowd. Breathing fast you couldn’t control your emotions as you sobbed loudly. People pushed you and you felt punches and kicks.  You swallowed the pain only wanting to feel the one pain that was welcomed, the pain of love.

Finally breaking out from the fiesty swarm of shrieking girls you managed to trip on your shoelace. You fell on the hard pavement feeling your hands burn at the impact. You could feel a bruise coming on your knee but you ignored it. You ran as fast as you could feeling the wind run with you.

You didn’t know how long you had run for or how long eyes gawked at your broken face but you ran desperatley trying to escape reality.

As you realised your wish had come true.

---

Suho watched you turn away and became confused, he didn’t understand why you were pushing through the crowd away from him. He wanted you to stay there and wait for the performance to be over so he can come down and take you away. He grew anxious as they returned to the dressing rooms backstage after the performance.

He was the first one to finish changing among the members, seeing everyone was busy he secretly tiptoed away. Glancing back and forth he snuck past the security guards only to bump into Chanyeol.
“Hyung where are you going?”
“Huh? Oh no where..”
“You’re lying I can see it what’s wrong hyung you look worried”
“Aish it’s nothing I just wanted to see the fans”
“Oh well I think you might have to take one of the bodyguards with you, it’s crazy out there”
“Arasso”

Chanyeol left Suho to collect the rest of Exo members. Before Suho could make another move, manager hyungs were already there stacking the members away into the van.

Suho sat last next to the one way sliding door, tilting his head back he sighed to himself. His eyes flickered back to your plain shocked eyes with tears falling one by one. He wished you hadn’t run away, if you had waited he would have risked his image and taken you away in front of hundreds of fan girls. His fans mattered to him but you were a different case, something more special.

---

You were standing and leaning against the railing looking out to the little pond in front of you. You had coincidentally run all the way to your favourite little park where you would always shed tears.

This wasn’t a dream anymore and you knew he really was up on stage singing. You thought it was funny how you came across him like that. After all these days you wished and hoped endlessly just to see him one last time and here you were away from him. You had ran away from your one true love.
Why do I do that?

You questionseriously contemplated about yourself. When you finally get the chance you run away from it like a coward. Maybe you were like your appa, the day omma was ready to take him back and forgive him, he had run away. To think that you despised him all these years, you felt so sorry.

You tried smiling again lifting your cheeks slowly but it wouldn’t come, you thought back to the moment you met eyes with him, your lips curved upwards instantly. It came naturally now that you had a new memory to cherish. Your smile quickly faded realising that you may never get to see him again.

The wind dried your tears as you looked up, you glanced at a paper crane flying in the air then settle down on the ground. You would have to make a thousand paper cranes if you wanted to make another wish.

----

Rubbing his temples Suho layed back onto his seat in frustration. The van had suddenly stopped because of some issues with the tire.

Ten minutes later the issue still hadn’t been resolved. Exo member’s sat in the car annoyed that they were stranded in a foreign country. Luckily they didn’t have any schedules to attend too but that didn’t mean they could rest. They had actually planned on returning to their hotel and touching up on their performances since Suho had forgotten his line. He hadn’t explained that he saw you among the crowd yet Chanyeol knew better.

“The tire actually needs to be repaired boys, can two of you go into a shop and call a mechanic or something,” the manager said.

“I’ll go!” Suho jumped up eager to get out.
“I’ll come since your japanese isn’t that fluent” Chanyeol suggested eagerly. He didn’t want to be in van full of annoyed boys who would get more annoyed at his usual joyful mood.

Suho and Chanyeol crossed the road and entered a shop filled with stationery, confectionery, balloons and a huge row of magazines. Chanyeol’s grin had enlargened when he saw cookies, Suho just rolled his eyes and walked up to the counter.

“Konichiwa,”greeted Suho.

He tried to explain to the old lady that their van was stuck on the side of the street. She only made a what-the-hell face. Chanyeol sighed and shoved Suho away proving his point.

Suho walked out of the shop letting Chanyeol take care of it. Birds chirped in the distance as the sun began to settle underneath the trees. He looked towards the black van to his left across the street still seeing it stranded. He spun and meandered away from the shop for a few minutes and reached a small park. He walked on to the wooden platform and released his arms embracing the cool wind. It was nice to feel free for once.

He looked towards the left and saw a young lady with her back turned against him walking away. He thought it was Hyerin but scoffed at his wishful thinking. He remembered back to the moment he found you within the crowd.
He sighed knowing it would be impossible to find you now.

Suho wondered if you had visited this park, he wondered if you had visited this street and that shop. He continued to roam further inside making his way towards a low stone bridge. He noticed another young lady standing against a railing looking down intently. Suho wondered if that could be Hyerin but shook his head disapprovingly feeling as if he was going crazy. He sneaked one last look at the lady.

Suho instantly took notice of the red jacket she was wearing, her hair tied into a thin ponytail. She was slouching onto the railing as if her life depended on it. His face widened then broke into a smile of total disbelief, he knew who it was. At first he just stood there with utter shock not knowing what to do. Then he approached her cautiously taking slow peaceful footsteps. Coming into realisation that today could either be the day where he ends up being happy forever or be the day where he walks away forever.

As he inched closer he knew he wasn’t crazy, it was you after all. After a year of he couldn’t stand it anymore, one year was enough to tell him how much he needed you. Heck the moment he was too late was enough to make me realise how much he loves you. He never thought he’d say this but destiny brought you and him together once more, he just knew it was meant to be.

Recalling his memories he walked towards you the way he had at the café. He tapped your shoulder exactly the same way he had at the café. You turned around fast just the way you had at the café but this time your face was totally different.
Suho managed to smile in disbelief, he smiled so widely that this time he thought he was going to tear up. He noticed your legs were wobbly and he steadied you, taking note of your weary face and heavy bags under your eyes slightly appearing under your milky skin.

You rubbed your eyes not knowing how to react. You opened your mouth to say something but nothing came out. He hushed you almost immediately and pulled you into his arms. You broke out into a sob squeezing him not wanting to let go. He held you back passionatley returning your feelings. Everything felt so surreal you couldn’t believe that he was hugging you right now, when just seconds ago you had accepted the fact that you could never meet him again. You were over the moon and so overwhelmed that you crushed yourself into his body feeling your heart pound against his chest. He nearly stumbled backwards but never released you.

After what seemed like a long time you both let go of each other slowly, after coming to terms with the fact that you both were finally standing in front of each other.There were so many things you wanted to say but you couldn’t think of a single thing. With his forehead against yours, you both stared into each others eyes. You were smiling as wide as Suho and you laughed remembering how creepy you thought his smile was. Suho laughed too feeling complete with you wrapped loosely in his arms.

“Oppa..” you called out gently.
“Hyerin-ah”
Your eyes grew sad again and your smile disappeared, Suho’s expression softened and gazed into your eyes. Tears began to involuntarily drip from your face. Suho wiped your tears away caressing your cheek. He pushed your hair behind your ear gently.

I’m not dreaming anymore, this is reality. The man in front of me is what I want, is what I need. I’m not going to hold back like a coward. I’ve let myself suffer for too long and I just can’t let this drag on.

“I’m sorry” you apologized.
“Wae? Don’t be sorry okay I am sorry”
“You shouldn’t be sorry I’m the one who left without saying goodbye”
“But I should have come earlier to see you but I was too late,” Suho bit his lip in remorse.
“Oppa I’m sorry I was so stubborn, I thought if I saw you again I would regret wanting to leave and in the end stay with you”
“But I wouldn’t let you stay”
“Oppa there were so many days in fact the whole year where I always thought of you. I hated myself for not coming to see you at the café and I left behind with you a bad memory”
Suho opened his mouth to disagree but you continued on.
“I didn’t even call you when I reached here, I was so desperate to leave Korea for all the bad memories I had, but it was difficult because you were the only good memory I had. I knew I was never going to see you again so I decided not to bother. I knew how upset it would make me and I wanted to start a new life”
“Hyerin-ah don’t feel guilty okay we both are at fault but we have each other now right?” Suho hesitated suddenly knowing that this was the moment where he would find out if destiny is really in favour.
“Yes oppa I have you and I don’t want anyone else except you”

Suho smiled impulsively and leaned in closer to your lips.

“I need you Hyerin it’s so hard to live without you by my side”
His head tilted sideways for a better angle. You smiled slightly and closed your eyes while Suho moved closer inch by inch. You savoured this moment knowing that this love was never forced.

“Saranghae,” you whispered.
“I love you too,” Suho whispered back tickling your lips.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crap ending I know but I hope you guys enjoyed it!

I'm actually too lazy to make it into a chapter story so I apologize, Let me know what you guys think! I'm dying for some reviews maybe? Haha no pressure!