Chapter One: Heaven's Newest Guardian Angels

[HIATUS] UnBreakable

"Welcome to Heaven, girls! Please proceed to that amphitheater and wait for your names to be called. Enjoy your stay here!" enthused a brightly lit female angel right in front of the pearly gates of Heaven. Jungmi cringed when the angel's loud tone blasted her eardrum. She forced a smile at the angel, who, in turn, gave her a blinding smile.

"Eonni," whispered Youngmi to her right. Jungmi's thoughts softened as she turned to look at her baby sister. Though Youngmi wasn't a baby anymore, Jungmi still thought of her as a baby. The two of them were literally walking on clouds that soon turned into cobblestoned streets of gold. They followed the crowd to a massive amphitheater that gleamed in the ethereal lights of Heaven.

"What is it?" Jungmi asked her patiently. Youngmi gave her a small grin. It was, in fact, lovelier than the gatekeeper's smile. Jungmi always loved her smile. It was always welcoming and warm.

"Can you believe that we're in Heaven right now?" The excitement in her voice was difficult for her to conceal. Jungmi chuckled softly at this. She ruffled her sister's wavy auburn-tinted mahogany hair.

"Well, I can't say that I believe that we're actually here. But, I can tell you that we are going to LOVE it here."

"I guess it wouldn't be too bad being 17 for the rest of eternity," mumbled Youngmi. Jungmi laughed lightly at her sister's hopeful tone.

The cobblestoned path was interrupted by a vibrant patch of grass that surrounded the base of the marble amphitheater. Jungmi couldn't help, but be amazed by all the things she had seen since arriving in Heaven. From seeing the oddly beautiful gatekeeper to the amphitheater, it was clear to Jungmi that she and her sister were dead. There was NO WAY that all this could be available for them to view if they were alive.

Yes, she and Youngmi were dead. They wouldn't be able to enter Heaven if they were alive. That's just physically impossible. And at that moment, it was hard for Jungmi to digest the fact that she was dead.

As they entered the amphitheater, soft laughter and chattering voices encircled them. Jungmi's jaw dropped as she looked around. Wow...

The gigantic amphitheater HAD to have had an infinite amount of seats. People (dead people?) of all ages and all ethnicities filled all of those seats and it just kept getting bigger and bigger. Jungmi was flustered. All of these people died TODAY? Impossible...

A glorious male angel with golden-tipped wings stepped onto the stage and lifted his hands. Immediately, the venue became as silent as the first morning of spring. The angel opened his mouth to speak, leaving Jungmi speechless.

"Hello, everyone," said the angel in a silky baritone voice. "As you all probably know, this is Heaven. This is where you folks will spend the rest of your eternity. All of Heaven's staff are glad and proud to have all of you as a part of our number! However, you will find that staying here is a privilege and that you will be penalized if you break the laws here. We expect that you uphold the rules and regulations of this eternal home because you were all chosen by the Heavenly Father himself to come here. Aside from all of this seriousness, we will have the Wings Fitting Ceremony and the Angelic Gifts Presentation for each and every one of you. Take warning that some of you will possess the same kind of gift or wings as others. The Almighty King has chosen them specifically for all of you, so take care of these gifts. We will now begin the Wings Fitting Ceremony."

One by one, the angel called out the names of each member of the congregation so that they could get their wings fitted onto them. Some wore silver-tipped wings, others had golden-tipped wings. Some had large wing spans like an eagle, others had small wing spans like a hawk. Some had fluffy wings, others had sleek wings. When Jungmi's name was called, she was fitted with large silky-soft wings with silver and gold streaks. She was surprised at how natural it felt to have them on her back. It was almost nostalgic, like deja vu. Youngmi was fitted with medium-sized fluffy wings with silver and gold streaks. She marvelled at the softness of her wings while slipping her slender fingers through the feathers.

"Now, for the Angelic Gifts Presentation..." boomed the angel above the loud voices of the congregation. They all immediately stopped their conversations.

Once again, the angel called out the names one by one and each person was presented with a gift. Whether it was singing, or healing, or telekinesis, everyone had a different gift. When Jungmi stepped up, she was anticipating her gift. She knew that it was chosen especially for her, and she had a feeling that they were given to them based on their personalities.

"Shim Jungmi, Guardian Angel," called the angel. Jungmi stepped up hesitantly, her usual confidence gone from her expression. "You have the gift of fire. Control, manipulation, and creation. Try it out."

Jungmi held out her palm, which started to warm right after the angel stopped speaking. Her jaw dropped. There, hovering a centimeter above her palm, was a baseball-sized flame. She bobbed her hand up and down and the flame followed it. She lobbed it a few feet upwards and noticed that it kept its spheric form. It came back down and landed lightly in her palm once more. This is truly amazing...

"Go and have fun," grinned the angel. He was amused at Jungmi's fascination in her gift. Jungmi continued to "play" with her gift and went off the stage. He turned to Youngmi, who was next in line. She bit her anxiously bit her bottom lip. He smiled at her, so that she would feel more comfortable. "Shim Youngmi, Guardian Angel."

Youngmi took shaky steps toward the angel. It's okay, Youngmi. Just don't fall. Whatever you do, don't fall! Almost immediately, she stumbled over her feet and a pair of strong arms caught her bridal style. She looked up and saw it was the angel. She flushed red and stood upright.

"Shim Youngmi, you have the gift of frost. Control, manipulation, and creation. Try it out."

Just like Jungmi, Youngmi palm started reacting right after the angel finished his sentence. But, this time, it got extremely cold. She stared at the vapor rising up from her hand. It mesmerized her, to the point where the angel had to shout her name to get her off the stage. She quickly apologized and ran off the stage to join her big sister.

When Youngmi approached her outside the amphitheater, Jungmi was practicing her gift. She formed multiple balls of flame and threw them around. One went through a cloud and evaporated. Another hit the side of a building, which was, thankfully, unharmed. And the last whizzed past Youngmi's head as she was coming out of the amphitheater. Other brand new angels had to scatter out the fireball's path.

"Sorry!" called out Jungmi to the other angels. They just ended up laughing and patting her head as the strolled past her. Youngmi jogged up towards her.

"Yah, Eonni! You almost took out my head! Aren't you going to apologize?" pouted Youngmi. Jungmi chuckled and reached out to ruffle her hair. Youngmi ducked, for Jungmi still had a ball of flame in her palm.

"Oops. Sorry, I don't know how to turn this thing off..." At the word "off," the flame disappeared from Jungmi's palm. Fascinated by this, she said, "On," and the flame came back. She almost squealed in delight at her discovery.

"Eonni..." Youngmi whispered. Jungmi whipped her head at her. Youngmi pointed to the angels around them, who stopped to look at Jungmi's silliness.

"Oops," she murmured again and turned off her gift. She grinned at her sister. "So, what's YOUR gift, Younggie?" Youngmi flashed a smile at her and showed it to her.

In her palm were two ice figures, her and Jungmi. The figures held hands and appeared to be twirling around. It was something they often did when they were little. Jungmi's eyes softened at her sister's creativity. She reached out to touch the delicate figures, but quickly pulled her arm back so that she wouldn't ruin them. Youngmi curled her fingers closed and opened her palm again to reveal a wisp of vapor rising from her palm.

"It's cool, huh?" Youngmi asked. Jungmi nodded.

"VERY cool. In fact, TOO cool."

"Your gift is cool, too, Eonni. But, what do we do now? I'm so bored..." Youngmi asked while looking around and puffing air into her cheeks. Jungmi slightly shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. Why don't we rest? Don't you think we deserve it, after all we've been through?" whispered Jungmi. Youngmi nodded. She knew that Jungmi was referring their deaths.

"Alright, sounds like a plan." Before they could take a step in any general direction, a booming voice called out their names.

"SHIM JUNGMI. SHIM YOUNGMI. IN MY OFFICE. NOW."

They were baffled at they looked around at the angels. Each and every one of them were staring at them. Youngmi whispered to her sister through the corner of .

"I think that was God."

~:~:~:~:~

Jungmi sat awkwardly on a solid gold chair in front of a great mahogany desk with a glossy finish. Youngmi sat in an equally golden chair, fiddling with her fingers, simply waiting for anything to happen. The puffy, cloud-like chair behind the desk was empty.

The large wooden door behind the sisters swung open to reveal a bright light. Jungmi and Youngmi had to shield their eyes from the blinding light. The "being" brushed past Jungmi to sit down in the cloud-like chair. The light dimmed a bit to reveal a man with a wizened, leathery face, kind, smiling eyes, and a head and beard full of white hair. Jungmi and Youngmi's jaws dropped. Is this GOD??? They thought at the same time.

"To answer your question, girls, yes, I am God," voiced the man in a deep, husky voice. Jungmi blinked at him. How did he...?

"How did I know? I'm God, silly. I know everything." God rolled his eyes in a "duh" way while chuckling at Jungmi and Youngmi's reactions. He immediately stopped laughing and pressed his lips into a thin line. Jungmi gulped down the lump forming in . This is it. We're doomed. We're going back! Right...?

"You're right, Jungmi. You're going back. But, I think you're going to like what I have in mind for you two," God touched his beard thoughtfully. Jungmi frowned. Just when they were about to get settled into Heaven, they were going to get sent back down to Earth. This was NOT how she imagined life (death?) in Heaven to be.

"What do you have in mind for us, exactly, Heavenly Father?" Youngmi mumbled, her eyes downcast to mask her disappointment. Her thoughts mirrored her sister's. She, too, wanted to stay in Heaven for at least a few more days.

"I'll be sending you down to Earth to save six souls. They call themselves B.A.P. and their souls will be your primary responsiblilities. Whatever you do, girls, never forget your mission to bring them into Heaven. You have 90 days."
 

 

*****Hey, all! That was the first chapter! What do you think? I know that it's pretty short, but more will be coming later! :D Please subscribe and leave a comment! Constructive criticism is also welcome. I appreciate it! :)*****