The Chaser

That Bastard

 

Luhan’s POV

“Sohyun~” I blinked as cutely as I can. “Let’s go to Lotte World, neh?”

“I don’t want to go. Just bring Sehun over there.” Sohyun nodded towards Sehun’s seat.

“I want to cheer you up. It had been a month after your break up. Can’t you just even smile?”

“Please don’t talk about.” She mumbled quietly.

“Can’t you at least smile?” I sighed loudly.

“I lost all the happiness in my life, okay? Can you smile if that’s the situation, huh? Kris doesn’t love me anymore and I lost every part of me.” A tear escaped her eye and I reached out to wipe it but she stopped me. “Don’t. I can.”

“You think that I don’t know how it feels to be broken?” I bitterly smiled. “I know how it feels like. I know exactly how chasing for the one you love who doesn’t love you back feels like. I know it more than you think I do.”

Sohyun opened to speak but she shut it once again and exhaled loudly. I followed her eyes that diverted to Kris playing with another girl and she quickly looked away.

Don’t you know that seeing you hurt makes my heart ache too?

You’re chasing him. I’m chasing you. I can call this a stupid game where you I would run after you and give myself false hope. The same thing goes for you. Why can’t you just forget Kris and turn to me? I promise that I wouldn’t hurt you. I promise to love you with all my heart.

Things that fall break apart. Why did you choose to fall for him when I’m ready to catch you?

I looked at Sohyun by my side. She’s staring at seongsaengnim but apparently, her mind is drifting away. I can’t take how Kris is making her suffer.

I turned my attention to Kris. If this will make Sohyun happy, I’m ready to give up being the chaser.

As soon as seongsaengnim exited the classroom, I walked over to Kris’s seat.

“You know, if you’re in for a fight, I’ll say maybe next time.” Kris nonchalantly waved a hand in front of me.

“I just want to talk.” I raised my hands up as if to say I didn’t mean any harm. “Can’t we just talk in private?”

“If this would make you shut up, I guess everything’s fine by me.” He shrugged and stood up and we walked out and entered an empty classroom. “Now, talk.” He demanded as he leaned against the wall as if trying to look like a model.

For Sohyun, control your temper, Luhan.

I took a deep breath and spoke. “Please get back to the old days.”

Kris’s brows furrowed a bit. “What do you mean? Get straight to your point.”

“I don’t like seeing Sohyun this way. Can’t you just two get back to the time when you were in love? Why did that change in the first place? You went to China and you forgot everything about her? You went to China and you became a player? You went away from her and you broke her heart the moment you returned? Why did you become like this?”

“You have no right to judge me, Xi Luhan. I have my reasons on why I chose to become a player and that’s for me to know. And I know that in a way, you like this too.” Kris pierced my eyes with him and it’s a bit terrifying but I didn’t break the eye contact. “You’ve always been in love with Sohyun, right? You’ve always been the chaser. I’m no longer blocking in the way of your chasing for her. You know that you’re longing for this too deep inside.”

“Even if it breaks everything in me, if Sohyun would be happy, then it’s fine!” I messed up my hair in frustration. “I didn’t fall in love just to become selfish. Her happiness comes before mine. I’d rather be hurt than let her be the one who’s suffering. Even if I would see her with you, as long as I see her smile again, I’d be alright even though it’s shattering me inside. I hate how you are the only one who can make her happy. I’ve always tried and I gave my best in every try. But, you know what? All Sohyun can ever see is you, Kris! I love her even though she loves you but then, you chose to break her heart!”

“It’s not my ing fault that she chose to love me and you chose to chase her!”

“Please…” I whispered in a hoarse voice. “Just… get back… It’s never too late to be back to yourself. You were never like this, Kris. You two were so in love. Just get back to that time.”

Kris closed his eyes and spoke. “I’m a player now. I chose to break hearts. I no longer believe that love exists. I can be a friend but not in that way so…” He opened his eyes and stared at me once again. “If you really want to make Sohyun happy, it lies in your hands since I can’t do anything about it anymore.” Kris spoke quietly and began walking out but stopped by the doorway. “I’m a bastard, alright. I have my reasons but I can’t tell you. I don’t believe in love but I wouldn’t stop you if you do. If you think everything is worth the chase, then go but I’m telling you, I know how chasing can leads you to being even more broken.”

With that, I watched Kris’s figure walk out the door.

I felt myself getting weak and sat down on a chair.

Is everything really worth the chase? I know that you wouldn’t love me back. But then, if it’s you, I’m willing to take all the risks.

I’m willing to chase even though how many times I will trip and get run over.

Some may say that I’m stupid; that I lost my mind.

But, trust me, when you fall in love, you’ll get the highest tendency of losing your mind over your heart.

I always get hurt but I always continue anyways because I love Sohyun.

If it’s for you, I’m willing to be entitled ‘The Chaser’.

I clenched my fists; determined and went back to the classroom and sat down beside Sohyun.

“Sohyun~” I softly called out and she looked at me. “Will you go out with me?”

Her eyes rounded in surprise.

Let the chasing continue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah~ this was just supposed to be a oneshot but since you guys requested for me to update, I did! :D Thank you for you lovely comments and subscribing. ^^ So, okay, this wouldn't be a oneshot anymore. But, this would just be a short story unlike my other stories. :) Oh, about my other stories, I'll update them sooner so don't worry. =) I still haven't finished my homework so I guess I wouldn't update tonight. :D But, I'll try my best to update soon. =D

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! :D

Love lots<3

*I don't know why this chapter is titled according to a song once again. XD