That Bastard

That Bastard

 

“Sohyun!” Someone called your name while knocking on your window but you didn’t mind.

~Aish! What’s that noise? Nah. I’m not going to be bothered. I’m sleeping and that’s final.~

“Sohyun!”

The voice became louder and you groaned, making your way to open your window.

Kris smiled and entered your room.

“I just want to be with you for the last time, Sohyun.”

You sighed and tearfully looked down. “What will I do without my annoying neighbour Kris then? I don’t want you to go.”

“I didn’t want to go either.” Kris sadly shook his head. “My parents want me to go to China with them for their business thingy. I don’t get why I’m supposed to be there.”

“Can you hold me for the last time?” You gave Kris a smile that didn’t reach your eyes.

Kris nodded and wrapped you in his arms. “I promise to be back.”

“Do you also promise to still love me?” You hopefully looked at him.

“I promise to always will.” Kris gave you a reassuring smile and brushed your bangs from your eyes. “I promise to love you forever, Sohyun.”

 

“Yah~ Sohyun, snap out of it.” Your seatmate, Luhan, rolled his eyes as he flicked your forehead. “Daydreaming about Kris wouldn’t bring him back. You had always been on a trance since Kris left when we were 16 and we’re 18 now. Don’t you think it’s time to give up? Would Kris really return?”

“Kris promised me that he would return and that he would love me forever so I’m not giving up.” You protested.

Luhan sighed. “Don’t cause your own heartbreak.”

“I’m sure I won’t.” You confidently said. “Kris is not the type of guy who would break my heart.”

“If you say so.” Luhan shook his head and looked out of the window. ~I just want the best for you, Sohyun.~

---

“Sohyun, someone’s looking for you!” Your mother cheerfully called out as you entered your house.

You gasped in shock as you saw Kris sitting on the couch in your living room.

Kris chuckled as he saw your reaction and walked towards you with his arms wide open. “Where’s my hug?”

“Kris.” You breathed and ran to his arms. “I missed you.”

Kris smiled. “I missed you too, Sohyun.”

“You still love me, right?” You whispered.

“Of course I do.” Kris reassured you and tightened his arms around you and his smile turned to a smirk. ~It would be great playing with you.~

---

Luhan’s POV

I sighed as I absentmindedly kicked a rock lying on the sidewalk. It had been 2 weeks since Kris returned and started dating Sohyun. I don’t know why but it feels really weird. I feel like Kris isn’t really genuine about his feelings towards Sohyun. I feel like Kris is just playing with Sohyun. Kris is my friend but I feel like he changed and he would just cause Sohyun’s heartbreak. But then, maybe it’s because that I love Sohyun and deep, deep down inside me, I’m hoping that Kris isn’t really in love with Sohyun so I would get a chance.

Even so, I’d rather be hurt than see the one I love hurt so I guess I’ll just be forever silent in the friend zone.

But, I really feel like Kris is unfaithful to Sohyun. I’ve told her about it but she didn’t listen.

I sighed for the umpteenth time and looked around. It seems like I carelessly walked into another neighbourhood.

“Bye, Kris.”

I heard a girl’s voice and my ears perked up as I heard Kris’s name and there I saw Kris, kissing a girl. Kris smiled at her and she entered her house. I clenched my fist. He really is cheating on Sohyun.

“You bastard!” I marched to Kris and gave him threw a punch on his face and he was thrown by the force.

“What was that for, Luhan?!” Kris shouted at me.

“What was that for?! You’re cheating with Sohyun!” I pointed an accusing finger at him. “When did you become like this? You loved her! Where did that love go?”

“Love?” Kris guffawed and smirked at me. “Love is idiotic. I learned in the past 2 years that I don’t really need love. You just play. There shouldn’t be any strings attached. The rule is just simple, Luhan. It’s either you play or you’ll get played with.”

I huffed in anger and sprinted away to Sohyun’s house.

“Yah~ Luhan, gwaenchana?” Sohyun worriedly asked me as she saw me outside their house.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and opened my eyes once again. “Break up with Kris.”

Sohyun rolled her eyes. “Are we seriously having this conversation, Luhan? I assure you that Kris loves me so much.”

“Kris loves you so much? That’s damn ridiculous!” I finally exploded. “I saw Kris with another girl!”

“Maybe it was his friend or his cousin so you shouldn’t get paranoid!”

“They were lip locking, okay?! I don’t want to say this to you because I don’t want you to get hurt but you should break up with him before he has every piece of you and leave you like nothing! Kris is not worth it! He’s chea-”

I was cut off by a slap on my face and I held my cheek as I stared at Sohyun in disbelief.

“Stop telling lies.”

“I wasn’t lying. Look, Sohyun, stop this.” I held her shoulders but she brushed my hands away.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now.” Sohyun whispered in a trembling voice before running back to their house.

Oftentimes, doing the right thing is hard.

---

I tossed and my bed since I couldn’t sleep. I wonder how Sohyun’s doing.

My phone suddenly rang and I instantly knew that it’s Sohyun since I have a different ringtone for her.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Luhan…” Sohyun whispered and I could hear her muffled sobs.

I glanced at the clock that reads 1am and ran to their house which is just near ours.

I finally reached Sohyun’s balcony and climbed it. I knocked on the window.

“Luhan.” She hiccupped. “You’re here to tell me ‘I told you so.’, aren’t you? Go ahead. Kris really broke my heart. He said that he was just playing with me for fun and he found another girl to play with now. Go ahead, Luhan. Go and tell me that I’m stupid. Tell me that I should have listened to you. Tell me!” She began hitting my chest.

I tucked her in bed and started singing to her while her hair.

“Baby, don’t cry tonight…”

I’m not here to tell you that I told you so. I’m here because I care. I know that you still have Kris in your heart even though he hurt you. I just wish that you would give me a chance- a chance to prove that I love you and I wouldn’t hurt you. It’s possible, right? Or, is all you could ever see is Kris, that bastard?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End! :D

How was it? :) Mind checking my other EXO fic? ^^

 (Click--->) I Found You In My Closet (<---Click)

It's featuring Kai, EXO, and you. :)

Love lots<3