Chapter Four

Switched Love

 

Yonghwa’s boy closed his eyes when Kyuhyun heard the high pitch note of the guitar. Kyuhyun stared at the boy who was adjusting again the same guitar, so that’s why it sounded so… let’s forget it. Another was playing the bass moving his head.

Kwang Jin stopped and pushed Yonghwa to the center of the stage, before the microphone and rolled his eyes when Yonghwa saw him puzzled as he slapped his face with his right hand.

“Please man, tell me you didn’t forget how to play after being all lovey dovey with Hyukjae.”

Kyuhyun glared him, why he calls him Hyukjae. And his eyes turned soft when he saw Hyukjae smiling to him.

“I love how you sing, so sing for me as always, yeah?”

Kyuhyun didn’t know why but his head was nodding and he stopped aghast “What?! I can’t! I mean, I don’t know…” I just sing at the shower!

“I-I must confess something” kyuhyun breathed out, four pair of eyes on him “I went to the medic, because I fell yesterday and…” Kyuhyun felt Hyukjae hands cupping his face, examining him “are you okay? What did he told you?”

Kyuhyun smiled “I have temporary amnesia, that’s why my behavior could seem off.”

Kwang Jin sighed “I can’t believe you got amnesia days before our performance.”

Kyuhyun pouted with Yonghwa face and Hyukjae watched worriedly at his boyfriend, taking his hand, startling Kyuhyun “Hyuk…?”

“I will be with you, always.”

Kyuhyun moved Yonghwa’s arm to held Hyukjae between them, breathing Hyukjae’s aroma “I love you Hyuk, I love you.”

“At least he didn’t forget his love for Hyukjae, so maybe he didn’t love his love for music.” Said a man with wide smile and micro on hand, playing with it. “I’m Jonghyun, just in case you forgot me.” Jonghyun picked again his guitar, leaving the wireless micro on the floor.

“Wow. I didn’t thought that deep, you forgot us?” asked the one who seemed the youngest, wearing spectacles and Kyuhyun blinked, “yeah…”

The boy stood with drums in hands “I’m Minhyuk, Hyukjae best-buddy because our names sound similar at some point.”

Hyukjae giggled nodding and Kyuhyun watched him weirdly.

“You’re a lost case, I’m Kwang Jin, drop the rest and just call me Jin, the first time I introduced myself to you, you didn’t get it, so yeah, Jin is cool.”

“I’m Ky—” Kyuhyun stopped his words wide eyed and laughed nervously “I’m Kyute! Jonghwa!” Kyuhyun thought that was the most lame joke with words but the member broke in laughs.

“It’s so bad that joke that is funny. Now, sing.”

Kwang Jin pushed Yonghwa near the microphone again and glared him “We have just few days, so quick! and you have the best public ever, Hyukjae.”

Kyuhyun blushed smiling at Hyukjae who was seeing him as he felt warm. Not realizing Hyukjae was watching at Yonghwa.

Kyuhyun breathed “Hello? Eh, one, two…” Minhyuk started to play the drum, Jonghyun play the guitar and Kwang Jin the bass “what I must sing?”

Each instrument shrink as the members slapped their faces. Hyukjae pulled out some sheets from his bag and lend them to Kyuhyun.

Read for now.” Kyuhyun nodded, he knew about songs and music language since he studied until last year that stream, so catch the content wasn’t really a challenge.

Again the music started to sound and Kyuhyun cleared his throat, closing his eyes and breathed to open them as he smiled, watching at Hyukjae.

 

You’re my love

 

Kyuhyun’s voice, more specific, Yonghwa’s voice was almost a whisper, insecure… what if he doesn’t do as good as Yonghwa?

 

I can’t fall asleep in this long night

I draw you out again

Today, I hold back tears yet again

I let out a sigh – you’re my love

 

Hyukjae smiled reassuring at him as Kyuhyun remembered why he was on this magical, wonderful, yet painful situation as he showed a soft sadly smile, his eyes on the sheet as he read the lines and closed his eyes after learning them with his good memory. Hyukjae, maybe I’m not him, but I love you as much as him…

 

Stabirabi rapststabira

Love you love you love you my love

Stabirabi rapststabira I want your love

My painful love, I’m hurting as if I cut my skin

I try to hold it in but soundlessly, it hurts

My aching love, it’s bitter as if I swallowed poison

I try to smile but I’m faintly aching

 

Hyukjae clapped showing his bright gummy smile as Kyuhyun grinned, he wasn’t Yonghwa, he isn’t the one before Hyukjae, but he will reach Hyukjae’s heart and soul, or die on the try, because a life without Hyukjae isn’t life at all.

Kyuhyun didn’t know he would enjoy this much singing as was moving his body, he understands Yonghwa a little more, this excitement while setting free his voice, and more, this overwhelming feeling having Hyukjae’s attention on him, being on the stage.

It was maybe a moment, a split of second or just the time the lyrics lasted as Kyuhyun kept singing with sheets on hand as he grabbed the microphone, his eyes opened as he locked them on Hyukjae’s one.

 

My bad love, I call you but there’s no answer (no answer)

I beg to hold on to you but you coldly turn away (turn away)

My bad love, you are leaving like vapor (you are leaving)

I extend my hand to hold you but at some point, you already left me

 

Kyuhyun grinned when Hyukjae glomped him as he wrapped his arms around Hyukjae chuckling “Great!!” Hyukjae kissed him on the lips as Kyuhyun didn’t respond because was shocked and when he tried to open his lips Hyukjae already had pulled off “It is different from before though.”

Kyuhyun stopped while Kwang Jin and the other asked “How so?”

Hyukjae beamed taking Kyuhyun’s hand “This song has a sad feeling, is rhythmic but the feeling is different, even so, I guess I like it more.”

Kyuhyun heart throbbed loudly as a he smiled, kissing Hyukjae’s hair. “You noticed…” he whispered and Hyukjae didn’t understand but giggled.

The band was baffled; they heard the usual Yonghwa, same voice, same feeling, just a little unsure at first but… Hyukjae was weird; Yonghwa was the same as always.

 

Donghae was pouring water in a glass, a weird person was outside the café, nervously his lips, watching inside and messing his dark hair.

Donghae formed a thin line with his lips, smiled at the customer and walked out the café, startling the stranger who grabbed him by the shoulders with anxiety stare and Donghae felt fear for a moment, then before yelling, he heard his name from that stranger’s lips.

“Help me Hae, please…”

Donghae didn’t scream, the eyes from this person were quivering in anguish as Donghae blinked; all the bothersome feeling and afraid he felt vanished from him.

“How do you know my name? Who are you?”

The young man his dry lips, mumbling some words as his grip loosened from Donghae’s shoulders.

“I-I’m…” Donghae waited, the young man wanted to say something, he tried to mouth some words, but Donghae’s couldn’t understand. The man sighed messing again his hair as he sighed “Cho Kyuhyun, that’s my name for now.”

Donghae tilted his head “Nice to meet you?”

Yonghwa inside Kyuhyun’s body chuckled bitterly. “Listen Hae, I-I meant, Donghae-ssi. Can you help me please?” Yonghwa asked and Donghae watched the stranger distrusting him.

“Yeah?”

“C-Can you introduced Hyukjae-ssi to me, please?”

Donghae rolled his eyes “Hyuk is already dating someone, my friend actually, and no, I will not help to break the bond they have.”

Yonghwa felt happy, because Donghae is always supporting their relationship as he smiled, but then remembered who he was now and with who Hyukjae was as apprehension took the best of him again.

“Listen Hae, eh, Donghae-ssi. You must help me please, I’m begging you, Hyukjae, Hyukkie is with…” again, the man was fighting against something, to say at least some words but he couldn’t and Donghae stepped back.

“Sorry man, you’re crazy. I can’t help you.”

Yonghwa touch his chest, pain squeezed his heart as he shout forcing his lungs “An alien exist on Mokpo!”

Donghae stopped wide eyed, he watched the man suspiciously and narrowed his and stepping towards him “Which alien is?”

“A fish” Yonghaw grinned whispering the last word, his energy almost drained from this body.

Donghae mouth was wide open and he blinked. “Where the fish came out?”

“From a pound… after meeting a mermaid.”

Donghae touched his head. That was a tale he invented in high school, even si, he never showed to anyone, just two persons who cheered him and even memorized the tale, but it can’t be… Hyukjae was the first who Donghae told and the second was… Donghae shook his head…

“Why do you want my help again?”

“Hyukjae, please introduce Hyukjae to me.”

“Why?”

“Because I love him.”

 

Donghae was walking to the café alongside Hyukjae was silent walking near him, when Hyukjae saw Yonghwa running towards them, he told Donghae, he would wait on the café.

“Hae!”

“Yeah?”

Yonghwa pouted “Hyukjae went alone again, he hates me?”

“He is like that, and he already talks to you, like last week, he even apologized to you.”

Yonghwa grinned rubbing his neck “Yeah… he is cute, right?”

“Mn…”

“Can you help me with him?”

Donghae stopped, his big eyes watching at Younghwa “Why?”

“Because I love him.”

 

Donghae lean near the young man, watching his eyes for a long moment until Younghwa blushed, so Kyuhyun’s face was red “H-Hae?”

“Younghwa?”

Younghwa nodded, feeling dizzy suddenly and fainted right there. Donghae caught him, calling in shouts Younghwa’s name, asking for help when Yonghwa didn’t react.

 

“Oh, ice cream!” Hyukjae beamed running to the shop and Kyuhyun chuckled. Kwang Jin rolled his eyes as Minhyuk ran along with Hyukjae and Jonghyun shook his head.

“They’re like kids.”

Kyuhyun smiled and then stopped on his tracks, followed by the other who lifted their brows “Are you stopping to admire your boyfriend?”

Kyuhyun nodded slowly but then frowned “Why Hyukjae is so bubbly suddenly, he is so cold at school, everybody calls him ‘ice prince’.”

Kwang Jin blinked amused and Jonghyun frowned “Don’t ever call him again like that, he will be sad.”

“Why, he is an ic—”

Hyukjae waved at them as Jonghyun waved back while Kwang Jin moved his head slightly and Kyuhyun moved both hands.

“Hyukjae isn’t an ice prince. Hyukjae’s shield is that, but being all cheerful it’s also his shield, just with you and Donghae he is his true self.”

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked again and Kwang Jin, hit his head making Kyuhyun glared at him.

“You’re an idiot for forget that also.”

Jonghyun sighed watching Minhyuk carrying two three ice creams in hands as Hyukjae was carrying two.

“Hyukjae lost his parents when he was five. Ice prince is the name his classmates put him, because he never cried his lost, at least in front of anyone, because he was so broken inside…”

Kwang Jin grinned at the two boys that were almost near them and whispered to Kyuhyun

“Hyukjae cried in your arms after you two started dating, and he is like you, an orphan.”

Kwang Jin disheveled Minhyuk’s hair who puted giving him the ice cream while Jonghyun took the other one and Minhyuk finally started his one. Kyuhyun blinked watching Hyukjae’s dazing smile and the watching and ice cream near his face “Is chocolate, your favorite!”

Kyuhyun took the ice cream, forgetting he didn’t like chocolate, Kwang Jin words repeating on his mind.

 

 


I'm sorry for taking too long. I thought I already update this, I just notice I didn't, mianhe~ u.u