Chapter Three

Switched Love

 

Kyuhyun reached the school’s gate and sighed relieved, turning to the back with a smile “We’re here…” and his eyes trailed the place as the words, “Hyuk?”

Kyuhyun blinked, where was Hyukjae, he remember they went out of Hyukjae’s home together and then…

“!” Kyuhyun widened his eyes and twisted his mouth with remorse. And he returned to the subway, trying to search for Hyukjae. His face was anxious and Kyuhyun was even yelling Hyukjae’s name as people were watching him weird, it was hours and passed hours. Kyuhyun was tired and sweated, when he arrived again at school, Kyuhyun dragged his feet to his classroom, great! he was late.

Kyuhyun waited on the aisle for the class to end. Once the students left the classroom, Kyuhyun grinned and walked in. His eyes set on Hyukjae, cold face but gleaming eyes. Hyukjae walked to him and kisses his cheek as Kyuhyun felt fireworks on his insides and took Hyukjae by the waist.

His forehead over Hyukjae’s one; watching those magical brown eyes.

“I’m sorry about before Hyuk, I was being a jerk.”

Hyukjae eyes were teary as he nodded before smiling “I love you.”

Kyuhyun felt pang on his heart as he nodded “I… I will make you love me for real Hyuk because I love you too.”

Hyukjae blinked not understanding and nodded. Feeling Yonghwa kiss on his cheek, when in true was Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun was laying on the bench, eyes watching the green leaves as he sighed “What am I gonna do? I can’t ask Hyukjae more about Yonghwa, he will cry again, or worse, notice I’m not him…”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and snapped open as he stood quickly eyes wide “So, if I’m here… he is in my body?” Kyuhyun panicked, pulling his hair off, the girls and boys passing by him, giggled and he watched them confused but he blushed and left his fall on the bench as he sighed again and watched his hands.

“So, you are in my body, right?”

Kyuhyun watched the clouds and chuckled sadly “He loves you a lot, and I-I feel sorry, but I love him too, I know it’s not fair, but if it was me who he will meet before, maybe…”

Kyuhyun stood, his eyes scanning all the campus, searching for his body, he must stop Yonghwa from telling Hyukjae the truth, but the hours passed and never Kyuhyun’s body entered the campus and he sighed.

“Maybe Yonghwa’s soul is trapped on the space-time and my body is…” Kyuhyun went pale “dead?” and he walked from side to side “I killed a person with my wish?”

Kyuhyun panicked again and he stopped when he heard “I told you, he isn’t the one for Hyukjae-ssi.”

Kyuhyun shot a glare but blinked aghast and he signaled the boy before him, not the one who spoke rudely, but the one who he remembered as the cashier from yesterday; “Y-You!!” and he stopped, thinking “what was your name again?”

One boy rolled his eyes, while the cashier smiled “I’m Jungmin, and he, is Hyunseong. I—well, we’re here because Minwoo told us you can’t deal with this and Minwoo, well…” Jungmin remembered how Minwoo and Jo Twins were all freaked out “ehem, he is busy attending someone else, yeah…”

Kyuhyun made a face “am I dead, right? No, I mean, my real body is dead, right? Then what happened to Yonghwa… eh, ssi?” it was awkward to even address him polite.

Jungmin watched lost at Hyunseong who shrugged his shoulders but sighed stepping ahead.

“Listen, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi. The reality is that you mustn’t have been send to Lee Hyukjae because he isn’t your soul mate, he is Yonghae-ssi’s soul mate, but because some stupid error you’re here now.”

Kyuhyun was baffled, not really understanding and Jungmin stepped in glaring at Hyunseong.

“What he means, is that just if you can make Hyukjae-ssi love you, then only at that moment, he will be your soul mate, not just by switching places.”

“And my body?”

Jungmin glanced at Hyunseung for help, but he just started to walk, so Jungmin rubbed his nose bridge “Well, the things is…”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes after hearing what Jungmin said; “What? Yonghwa is in my body but you knocked him off?”

Jungmin chuckled “Not really using violence and he will be fine in some hours, we just need to plan what to do with him and search for another soul mate, maybe?” he laughed unsure and Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes.

“So I can return to my body or this…” he signaled Yonghwa’s body “change is permanent?”

Jungmin chuckled “Well, we basically came here to tell you, even if Yonghwa-ssi appears, you have to not worry, because Minwoo already made the settings of the switch, so it will be no problem but still, he is Hyukjae’s lover. If you really love Hyukjae then fate will start to move, if not, then you will lose him and turn to your original body, get it?”

Kyuhyun didn’t get it, heck! His mind was confused, scared, baffled and yet… if he can be with Hyukjae, and then he felt his heart sank.

“But he doesn’t love me, just Yonghwa.”

Jungmin smiled and Hyunseung walked back, patting Kyuhyun’s back “Then show him your real love, so he will fall for your soul.”

Kyuhyun blinked and Jungmin bowed ready to leave while he remembered.

“Ah! Tell Hyukjae-ssi that you have some temporal amnesia; that you went for a quick check to the infirmary’s school and the doctor told you that!”  

Kyuhyun waved a good bye, he breathed deeply and slapped his cheeks to snap to his true self and he smiled. “Lee Hyukjae, here I come!”

 

Yonghwa fluttered his eyes open, where he was? oh, yeah, he had a weird nightmare and he chuckled ruffling his hair. He scanned the room and blinked.

“Maybe I’m still asleep?”

He heard a sight and turned to the sound, watching a boy with an uncomfortable smile “Hi, eh… nice to meet you?” The boy said unsure and Yonghwa watched him weirdly.

“Am I dreaming, right?”

When the boy shook his head, Yonghwa closed his eyes not believing and he left himself fell again over the mattress “Please, let me wake up.”

Minwoo poked him on the shoulder and Yonghwa stared him suspiciously.

“Let’s suppose this isn’t a dream, so then, tell me where am I? and why?”

Minwoo sighed and forced a smile “I’m sorry Yonghwa-ssi, it wasn’t my intention, but your true self must be sealed for a while.”

Yonghwa blinked “Wh—” suddenly everything was hazy and his throat felt dry, almost burning, his words squeezing him and he glared at Minwoo, his eyes closing.

“What did you do… to me?”

Minwoo eyes were the last thing Yonghwa saw as he heard a soft whisper fading slowly.

“Now you can’t say who you are. From now on, you must live as Cho Kyuhyun…”

 

Kyuhyun knew where Hyukjae was since almost all his subjects were with him, what he didn’t knew was where Yonghwa classes were and he went to the principal office, he watched an old woman reading a thick book.

Kyuhyun was nervous. He remembers that woman the first day he arrived, it seemed as he she hates him and he sighed walking to her, when she glanced at him. She left the book on the desk, took off his glasses and showed a wide smile.

“Yonghwa-ssi!” She beamed “I heard from Hyukjae-ssi that your performance would be next week, my daughter loves you!”

“Huh?”

Kyuhyun asked flabbergasted and she laughed lightly.

“C’mon, we know each other since you save my daughter that time. But well, I understand you’re not used to the flatters, so you must be shy, by the way, how’s Hyukjae? When you gonna marry him, eh? I checked and your payment this week is already deposit on your account, you really have helping me here, you know how I enjoy reading but hate paperwork.”

Kyuhyun was more thunderstruck than before as he widened his eyes. Marriage? Payment?

“Sorry, eh…” Say Hyukjae-ssi you have temporary memory loss “Yesterday I had an accident” Kyuhyun saw her worried face “But I’m okay, is just I have temporary memory loss” and he bowed “I’m sorry.”

Her beaming stopped and watched him worriedly.

“Hyukjae must be very sad. Hwaiting! And tell me with what can I help you, I know how much you love that cute man, so I’ll help!”

Kyuhyun smiled “Thank you Mrs. Park.”

“You even forgot how to call me. You can call me Hana.”

Kyuhyun felt jealousy for a moment. Yonghwa was loved not only by Hyukjae but other people, he had everything in the palm on his hand. But that feeling melted slowly and he smiled.

“Thank you Hana-ssi.”

The woman squealed. Kyuhyun stood there for hours, waiting for Hyukjae last subject to finish.

He nodded several times standing there, helping her with paperwork and office transcriptions. He learned then that Yonghwa was going to perform in a coffee-bar in some days. He also knew Yonghwa completed already his subjects making exams before the end of the year. So, most of the time, Yonghwa was essaying with his band, working with her on the office, or waiting for Hyukjae to finish his schedule.

“You’re really smart, you know! Even principal wanted to recommend you to that scholarship overseas but you reject it saying, your dream wasn’t fame but being with the person you love the most. I felt envy of Hyukjae-ssi and proud of you for say that!”

Kyuhyun nodded again, feeling slight guilty, if principal ever tell him about a big chance like that, he will respond the same way as Yonghwa?

And he chuckled, actually, yes, he will do reply the same, because Hyukjae is the most wonderful being in this world. Kyuhyun understand that Yonghwa wasn’t lucky because life gave him everything, it was more that he worked to have what he had and even sacrificed some things in order to keep the most precious.

“And, every morning you pamper Hyukjae-ssi with strawberries, his favorite fruit, or you two walk to the fountain next to the cinema and eat an ice cream, and sometimes you buy him randomly things he stares. Ah, but what you love to do the most is saying how much you love him and calling him names full with love.”

She stopped for a moment, boring her eyes on Kyuhyun.

“Actually, the first time you told me that, you were smiling like a fool and all flustered, it was cute, and it was when I knew you were very cheesy, ha!”

Kyuhyun grinned and pressed the enter key to the email he send to another school, of course that work was her work but he was doing it.

“And… about my family?”

She gasped and stopped everything as he glanced him concerned “Yonghwa-ssi, you have no family asides Hyukjae and Donghae, they’re your family. You even forgot that?”

Kyuhyun frowned for a moment “Is that so? Sorry…”

Yonghwa has no… family? I even have at least my…

“But, your band mates are also family, you told me before, and you were happy with that.”

“Yeah…”

Kyuhyun learned also Yonghwa likes and dislikes. So diferent from his own person and he sighed, waving good bye to her, with the schedule of his subjects and he curved his mouth downwards watching the sheet with perfect score of that year even when they were at middle semester.

“It’s not fair; you’re even a ing genius! I’m only good in mathematics!”

Kyuhyun whined with a pout and felt some arms wrapped behind him and he jumped startled. Because Hyukjaw must be in classed and… Yonghwa cheats?

“Meannie! You told me this morning you will be as usual!”

Kyuhyun surprised turned into a warm smile as he wrapped Yonghwa arms around Hyukjae’s shoulders “I’m sorry Hyuk, I was surprised. That’s all. I love you…”

Hyukjae melted at the whisper and hugged Yonghwa’s body harder.

It was a second but Kyuhyun nose inhaled Hyukjae’s natural aroma, felt his slim body between those arms and felt the warm of Hyukjae’s body. Kyuhyun smiled “I love you Hyuk… you don’t know how much.”

Hyukjae giggled and then Kyuhyun felt himself being pulled off Hyukjae by the shirt collar as he widened his eyes.

“What are you doing here?!”

Kyuhyun eyes focused on a frowning young man and he blinked “Who…?”

“Don’t play dumb, Yonghwa. We have being waiting for you all the morning and you ditched us!! ing …”

“What?”

Hyukjae laughed, and Kyuhyun eyes snapped open. Omo! Those gums in that shining smile… Kyuhyun’s heart throbbed filled with feelings.

“It was my faultn Kwang Jin. Don get mad.” Hyukjae pouted “I’ll treat you a milk shake later, I know your sugar level lowers when you’re mad.”

Hyukjae winked! Kyuhyun was bewildered in excitement. He saw Hyukjae smile, laugh, giggle and wink in a day!!! The ice Hyukjae was… wait! He winked to, who was his name? and Kyuhyun frowned pouting.

“Hyukkie!! How can you wink at someone else!”

Hyukjae kissed Yonghwa’s cheek and Kyuhyun soul blushed touching the same cheek.

“But those…” Hyukjae touched his lips “are only yours.”

Kwang Jin was already walking, trailed by Hyukjae while a flustered Kyuhyun was grinning like a fool after Hyukjae.

 

 

 


Hi! I came from my trip and ta-dah! I hurried to write this chapter for you. Enjoy!