A Jars Ocean

Jar Lanterns

It was cold under his head and Minseok’s wondering where is he. So he opens his eyes and finds the bright night sky. Wet grass is under his palms and warm thing on his -forehead, Minseok looks down to see a hand rubbing his stomach. For a few seconds Minseok just lay there, feeling the other hand his hair. But when his mind works, he gets up quickly, eyes wide with a black-haired guy’s reflection on his eyes.

“What the- WHERE IN THE WORLD AM I???” Minseok’s eyes moving left to right, he even look behind but it’s just same –jar lanterns everywhere. A firefly comes closer to his nose, checking him for a second and goes away. The wide eyed of Minseok's staring the guy in horror when his hands reach the guy's shoulder. "J-Jongdae ya...you're not gonna kill me, are you?"

The so called Jongdae laughs loudly, grow a confused look on Minseok's face. "Okay, look. How can I kill you in this kind of place? I'm sure you're not an idiot, hyung. You should at least guess something positive, like...a proposal or something?" Jongdae shrugs, cheeks redden like a blushing peach.

"So...you won't kill me? Where am I anyway?"

"You're..." Jongdae turns his face to the grass, suddenly interested with a morning dew falling from the garss tips. Nervously biting his bottom lip he mumbles, "Yrntbggrvrnfmmmrt...". Minseok furrows his eyebrows, trying to get what Jongdae wants to tell him.

"Umm, sorry, what?"

"...You're in a bigger version of my heart..."

--

2 am now and the two still sit on their place like 34 minutes ago. They've forget about Jongdae's confession after a 'o-oh, r-really?' and an awkward 'yes'. Minseok has ask everything and Jongdae answers almost all of them. They talked about their first impression, Jongdae got a punch on the stomach for thinking Minseok wasn’t a human before, “You look more like a Bun Man than a human. Aw, isn’t it great that you have the power to produce steamed buns from both of your cheeks?” and Jongdae got a double-kicks.

After being forced by Minseok multiple times –even he has to do aegyo, Jongdae finnaly tells why exactly he decided to work at the shop and how Minseok get here. It was a Friday when he had to visits his ex-school and met Sehun after last 21 hours. Sehun is one of Jongdae’s friend, Sehun and Jongin are like Tweedledum and Tweedledee –together wherever. And wherever they walk together will be hell.

Sehun forced him to go to the steamed bun shop near Jongin’s house, saying that the buns are tasty. Jongdae guesses it wasn’t the buns that tasty but the workers are. He knows exactly that his ert dongsaengs have no interest with good-foods but y boys. So he just went and see the ordinary looking shop with an extraordinary looking waiter –that was Minseok. Jongdae saw Minseok talking with the dark-eyebags cashier until he’s being kicked out by another waiter, telling him to work immediately.

And that was the day Jongdae puts ‘Come to the steamed bun shop’ to his daily activity list. He really comes everyday only to eat buns and watches the adorable waiter doing his work. Camera is the most important thing for Jongdae, so he saved it in his bag and brought it to the shop.

“Camera?” Minseok’s busy scratching his neck while trying to get what Jongdae is telling him.

“Yep, for secretly take a pictures of you.” The asked guy nods like nothing is wrong with ‘secretly taking a picture’ from someone. The other guy shivers, being stalked isn’t as fun as he thought before.

“So...you have my photos all over your bedroom wall? Like those maniacs in movies?” Minseok asked hesitantly.

But Jongdae shakes his head this time, “There’s nothing on my wall except for Chanyeol’s artworks –Chanyeol’s keep begging me to put it on my walls, clock and a giant picture of me and my crazy friends,” and Minseok exhales, so Jongdae isn’t a maniac or an obsessed phsyco.

“But I have thousands of your photos in my computer.” Okay, take it back, Jongdae is an obsessed phsyco.

The obsessed phsyco continues his story telling. He said everything from when he starts stalking Minseok on his way back to when he made a blog full of Minseok’s stuffs (photos, videos, habits). Baekhyun, the singer and Joonmyun, the gallery owner told him to work at Yifan’s steamed bun shop –that is where Minseok works. So Jongdae asked Yifan one day to get a job as a chef in his shop and Yifan’s agreed. For the first time of Jongdae’s life, calling Jongin wasn’t useless like their other conversation. Jongin asked him what kind of confession Jongdae likes after a question of how to confess from Jongdae.

"And he tells you to put those jars in my backyard, kidnap me in the mid night and put me on the ground like this?" there's a hint of annoyance in Minseok's words, Jongdae quickly shakes his head.

"N-no! I-it was my own idea...I told him that I'm to shy to just bring you to a hill and fuuu-ehem you-"

"YOU WANNA DO AN INAPPROPRIATE THINGS TO ME???!" Minseok's screaming when trying to cover his body with his hand, pulls away from Jongdae.

"Jongin tells me to!!! I won't do such a thing!!! I'm a good stalker!" Jongdae rolls his eyes. He didn't expect Minseok could be this hyper. So Jongdae tells Minseok that he actually sent the jars by his own idea. He found so many jars in his storage and made it a mason jar so it won't looks boring. The next day is Jongdae's first day in the steamed bun shop and he fortunately got Minseok's address. Jongdae sent it anyway when Yifan gave him a breaktime.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm also get kidnapped here." he shrugs and got a 'who is it then?' from Minseok.

"I guess...it's the giants, Chanyeol and Yifan -I just know that they're bestfriend since kindergarten."

There's a long pause before Minseok's eyes caught a familiar looking jar, sits silently behind a day 7 jar.

"I feel my heart skips a beat and it’s hard to breathe. There’s a weird feel in my chest and my stomach. Those all happens when I see you, I think of you, when I come to the shop you work at... I just...it’s really hard to explain what I feels. Like the whole world was get in slow motion everytime you run to me with that smile... you understand, don’t you?" Ahhh, it was the jar with red crysan in it. There's a click sound in Minseok's mind and he strighten his body.

"I still don't get what's that jar over there means, mind to explain?" Jongdae can see a small smirk on Minseok's face and wondering why. So Jongdae ask which one, Minseok points at the jar next to Jongdae.

"O-oh, this one? Ummm, it was just...uh..." Minseok's tapping his fingers on a jar infront of him, waiting impatiently as Jongdae works hard to find the right words.

"O-okay, I mean I love you and you only. I don't know anyone that's more adorable compared to you. My heart beats to you like a bomb gonna explodes and my breathe...it's like...I-"

"I love you too." Minseok cuts Jongdae's words a bit too fast. It makes Jongdae's jaw almost fall to the ground, eyes big and all of his bloods rushing up to his head, make it extremely red. The shocked face looks too funny to not laugh, Minseok thought. So he just let it out, pointing at Jongdae's face while laughing like a mad man.

"Yah! Don't lie to me, you fatty! Love isn't a joke, okay!"

"I know, it's just your cute face. I'll learn how to love you starts from now on." a smile and it makes Jongdae's heart flutters. If there's no jar lanterns that could burn him behind, he'll just faint and wondering if he was dreaming in his dream. Oh, haven't I told you that Jongdae wakes up on Minseok's body? So they're really trapped in the middle of jars ocean and Jongdae likes it.

"You'll learn?" Jongdae asked, staring at that bright face infront of him with hope. And like the other dramas Minseok nods with a sweet smile plastered on his face.

"Great! I'll tell you how!" 

And they spend the dawn with learning how to love and more loving each other in the middle of jar lanterns made by their friends. They did it after Yixing find out there's a lot of jars -that obviously Jongdae's in Minseok's backyard. Kyungsoo and Yixing organized the jars with Jongin to brought the jars -Kyungsoo forced him. Joonmyun is the leader, so he just sat under the tree and told the others what to do. Chanyeol the artist has two jobs. One, collecting the jars -both from Minseok's backyard and Jongdae's storage. Two, kidnap the couple with Yifan the boss. For the jars decoration, there were Zitao, Baekhyun and Luhan that have the skill -except for Zitao, he's just messing around. And being the maknae, he said, Sehun just cuddling Luhan like a 3 years old.

--

"Love me now?" the sun is raising slowly to the pink and purple sky with its glow. Jongdae watch the other guy in awe instead of the sunrise.

"Guess what!" Minseok turns his smiling face to Jongdae, heart beats faster than when he looks at the sun.

"What?"

He doesn't know. Jongdae just doesn't know. Minseok is suddenly getting closer inch by inch to him. Jongdae is sure he's going to die by Minseok's warm breath that hit his face. Both of them haven't brush their teeth since last night but who cares? Jongdae's mind is just full of 'I'm not ready for this!'.

"I do love you now..." Minseok wishpered to Jongdae's ear. He expect another reactions like a blushing Jongdae or even a fainted Jongdae, not a pouting Jongdae who punch him hard on the chest.

"What? Are you expecting something else?~" Minseok is now grinning only to get another punch and a nod from the latter.

"Okay, fine~" a sigh and you know what happen.

The jar lanterns on the field maybe have turned off now. But for Jongdae and Minseok, the candles in their jars of hearts will burn eternally.

The End

--

Sorry~ I didn't edit it at all so there will be a lot of mistakes~

I tried really heart to make it done in 21st and I did it! Yay!!!! (it's still 10 pm here) Hope you enjoy my story and thanks for subscribe, comment and read my story. I'm so happy you know! Sorry for grammatical error, I'm just a first year student of a vocational high school and my english is still low. Oh, thanks to Yudha (who wants me to put his name here) and my classmates to take care of me.

Happy Chen Day and Thank You~ <3