02; Poker Face

Then I Shall Never Breathe Again...

The time passed quickly.

 

3 hours later, you would not find Hyunseung on the ground, you'd find him in kitchen, making lunch for him and his friend, Dongwoon. They were going out to lunch together in Central Park to talk only of life. Hyunseung had not planned to tell him about what happened just 3 hours earlier.

 

After he was done making the sandwiches and storing the baskets filled with chips and drinks, Hyunseung reported to the bathroom to look at himself in the mirror. He fixed his bangs and then, he saw the scars on his face. Junhyung didn't know, but Hyunseung supplied himself with a bunch of cover-up makeup. When Junhyung asked about why he purchased these items, Hyunseung told him that it was for Hyuna and that he was waiting for her to come pick it up when she returned to New York from Korea. That was a lie. The cover-up was for him, as it was to cover up all of the scars, bruises, and damage to his face and the visual parts of his body. He started the covering process.

 

...

 

"You know, Hyunseung, it's odd that you asked me to hang out on such a damp, rainy day." Dongwoon said as him and the red-head walked through the park until an umbrella they both shared. Hyunseung bit his lip, knowing Dongwoon was only looking forward towards the path ahead.

 

"I just didn't want to be alone." Hyunseung replied, swinging the picnic basket forward and backward.

 

"Is Junhyung 'working' again?" Dongwoon said. He said it as if Junhyung was being shady or something. And in all honesty, Dongwoon didn't think Junhyung was a good guy for Hyunseung. He knew something was up between them, because ever since they had first called each other boyfriend-and-boyfriend, Hyunseung hadn't been the same. This was Dongwoon's child friend we are talking about. Hyunseung looked at him strangely.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hyunseung was caught off guard, but these kind of actions from Dongwoon were common. He knew Dongwoon was catching on to something but he didn't want to---

 

"What's going on, Hyunseung, with you and Junhyung?" Dongwoon said in the middle of Hyunseung's thinking.

 

Crap, Hyunseung thought. Hyunseung swallowed deeply, as a lump in his throat went down.

 

"I know you're not happy about something, so tell me. I'm done with not knowing anything about you and Junhyung." Just as he started to explain how he felt, the rain came down again, and this time even heavier than before. Dongwoon and Hyunseung ducked and ran towards the rain shelter just nearby. Thankfully, not a lot of people were at the park that day, so the rain shelter was empty when they approached.

 

They finally got there, huffing and puffing trying to catch their breath. Hyunseung sat on the bench, catching his breath, and he whipped his head down. Dongwoon finally caught his breath and looked down at Hyunseung sitting on the bench. He looked at his ear and saw a red area of something around it. He sat next to Hyunseung and put his hand on his neck. Hyunseung looked he was going to do something unexpected like those K-dramas, he and Junhyung always watched together.

 

As Dongwoon rubbed the mark, Hyunseung hissed in pain and concealer smudged off on Dongwoon's thumb. Hyunseung looked at Dongwoon as tears started to swell up. On Hyunseung's face, Dongwoon could see scars of all kinds on it that had been washed away by the rain. Dongwoon's face read emotionless.

 

He looked at the ground and then back at Hyunseung, still emotionless.

 

"I'm calling a therapist." Dongwoon said bluntly. Hyunseung sat silently, not knowing what to do as Dongwoon pulled out his phone. The tears all ran down at once, but it didn't stop Dongwoon. He was going to see someone, rather he liked it or not. The phone rang.

 

...

 

So, I know this chapter is kind of crappy and I know I haven't updated in a while. SORRY //333 DDD:

 

I don't have a computer of my own right now, so I've been doing these chapters on my school computer and at my friend's house. I SHALL UPDATE SOON, SINCE I AM CURRENTLY WRITING THE 3RD CHAPTER AND KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH IT! ^___^. So until next time, byeee! I love you guysss! ^__^ <3