Escape Attempt #1

Why did you hurt my sister?

 

Author's note: This is not edited or proofread so I will be doing that later. I hope you enjoy it even though it is not the final version of this chapter.


 

I didn’t open my eyes as I regained consciousness, but listened carefully to the noises around me. A slight breeze brushed one side of my face, while the other was warm. The sound of breathing was coming from above me and realized that I was being carried, with my head resting against a hard chest. I relaxed slightly, hearing the steady sound of a heartbeat before I remembered what had happened to put me in this state. Where am I now? I fought the urge to open my eyes but couldn’t help but tense as the pain returned, stabbing at my thoughts. The hand on my waist tightened slightly as the one supporting my legs loosened. My neck had started to hurt from being bent, as I was slightly curled against whoever was carrying me and I straightened until my head was leaning against the man’s shoulder. I felt the thumb of the hand holding my waist shift slightly so that that the fingers were spread out a bit more. Hopefully he doesn’t know I’m awake.

“Is she awake yet?” I shivered, recognizing the voice from beside me. At least he wasn’t the one carrying me. I was lifted a little more so that the hands that were holding me could have a better hold. The thumb belonging to the hand on my waist had moved; caressing my lower back, close to my side. Crap. He knows I’m awake. What are they going to do to me? Dear God, Please don’t let them be that kind of person. I haven’t even had my first kiss yet! My mind drew horrific images in my head and I cursed my vivid imagination. Cringing, I waited to be thrown to the ground or whatever terrible thing they had in mind. I risked a peek and opened my eyes a bit only to quickly close them again. All that I had seen were two dark eyes staring into mine.

“She seems to still be unconscious.” The voice above me responded and my mind was void of any thought for a few blessed seconds before they came flooding back in. I was entirely confused. He saw that I was awake. I strained my ears for any clues as to their intentions and realized that my hands had at some point been cuffed in front of me, an improvement from the painful position they had been twisted in before. The hands holding me suddenly tightened their grip and I winced as my knee complained loudly. The knee whas forgotten as a hand crawled through my hair and yanked my head back, making my eyes shoot open as I in my breath.

“Good morning sunshine! Did you have a nice nap?” I didn’t respond, not wanting more pain to be added to the numerous bruises that I could already feel forming. I saw his other hand approaching my face and felt the sting as it made contact. As the slap echoed in the chill air, I refused to give him the satisfaction of hearing my pain. In spite of that, my chin began to tremble and I fought against the tears suddenly rushing to my eyes, only encouraging one to run down to my neck.  His smirk changed into a cold laugh and he released my hair, tracing a fingertip along the trail that the tear had left. His eyes didn’t leave mine as his finger ended its journey at the back of my neck, it a few times. I pressed my lips together firmly and did my best to ignore the chills running the course of my spine. I could not tear my eyes away as his face neared mine. His lips curled into a feral grin as he stopped a few inches from my face. “Having fun?” he asked in a dangerous voice.

 I have to get out of here now. It was my first reaction and I didn’t think as I attempted to escape. I swung my legs up as hard as I could, flipping myself until I landed on his back. Flinging my cuffed hands in front of him I pulled back so that they were pressed tightly against his throat. I was pretty impressed with myself until I found that I was being pulled forward by the cuffs resulting in a reversal of the amazing move I had just accomplished, and the ground coming to greet me at an alarming rate. I gasped for air as new agony greeted my back and tried to sit up to flee but it was no use. My hands were pinned above my head by a foot crushing them into the wet pavement.

“Oh, we have a feisty one!” His voice was mocking as his eyes bored holes into mine. Tired, I lay limply on the ground awaiting whatever this psychopath would do next. I still had no idea why this was happening but I was to worn out to try to figure it out. The boot was removed from my hands and I wiggled my fingers, checking to make sure none were broken. Hesitantly, I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest, doing my best to be as small as possible. I didn’t have wait long for a hand to pull me to my feet. I bit my lip hard to keep from expressing how much it hurt to have my hair used as a leash. Stumbling behind him, I was pulled towards a dark SUV that was parked a short distance away.  I was pushed into the backseat and a yelp escaped my lips as my cut up knee collided with the seat. The man had let go of my hair to shove me into the car, but he climbed in after me and secured my cuffs to the end of the bench-seat. I let myself lay limp as he climbed into the front and started the vehicle. My eyes closed and I heard the door slam shut. The seat moved as the other man sank into it, lifting my legs and setting them on his lap. I lay wilted, no energy left to fight after my crazy attempt before. I jumped slightly as I felt his hands resting on my thigh. He turned to look at me and I quickly looked away. The hands didn’t move over my leg and somehow this made the touch almost caring instead of an invasion of privacy. It wasn’t like there were many other places he could put them if he was going to sit there anyway. I sighed and buried my face in the seat.