Chapter 3

What about us?

Acting like I don't give a damn is harder than I thought! I have to arrange the pictures for the exhibit with Key! Just ignore him, Amber!

"Amber, are you sick or something? What's with the silent treatment all of the sudden?" He asked.

Ignore. I'll talk to myself instead. "And this one goes... Here."

"Hey Amber! I know you can hear me!"

"Should I ask Sulli to model for me." I asked myself as I plan for my next photographs.

"STOP ACTING LIKE A CHILD, AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU!" he yelled then he grabbed my right arm.

I clenched my hand into a fist. "Take your hands off me." I managed to say it calmly.

He tightened his grip. "No! Not until you tell me what's happening!"

"Fine. I'll tell you." I said bitterly. "I'm jealous! Jealous with my best friend! Damn! Because her boyfriend is the guy that I like! Happy now?!" Then suddenly, he hugged me. I was shocked! That's not the reaction I'm expecting from him.

"I'm inlove with you, Amber. Since the first we worked together. I've been dying to tell you this. But I don't have the courage." Am I dreaming? And then it hit me.

"This is wrong, Key." I pushed him away from me.

"What about Krystal? You're being unfair to her!"

"I don't love her! I was just forced into that relationship! Amber, believe me!" he pleaded. " I thought you're into that Henry-guy then Krystal came, confessing her feelings. I was confused, I said yes. But I promise, I'll break up with her, fix things and-"

"No. No. NO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" it's Krystal and she heard it all.

***

I followed Krystal when she ran away. I don't want to lose her. She's like a sister to me. Our friendship is far more important than Key.

"Krystal! Wait!" good thing is, I'm a fast runner. And the bad thing: She's crying. I tried grabbing her hand.

"Don't touch me!" she yelled.

"Look, Krys, I'm sorry-" I was not able to finish my sentence because she slapped my face. And she walked away. I saw Key running towards me.

"Thank you, Key!" I said sarcastically. "Because of you, our friendship's gone!"

***

"Hey! Earth to Amber!" it's Jackie, my sister.

"What?!" I asked. Irritated.

"Woah! What's your problem, dude Amber?"

"Yo Jackie! Lemme ask you something. What's more important? Friendship or Love?"

"It seems that our Amber's inlove. You're a human being afterall! I'm proud of you, dude!" and then she hugged me.

"Just answer the question!"

"Both."

"What?"

"They're both important. You should try saving them both." How am I supposed to do that?

***

"cheer up, Amber!"

"Shut up, Henry! I'm trying to think! " I'm not in the mood to to go to the school today. But because I have to, I'm here, sitting with Henry in the cafeteria. A soothing sound caught my attention. Violin. Then I saw Henry. Playing his violin passionately. I didn't even notice that he had his violin with him. I just listened. He's so good! I want to cry. He paused for a moment. I looked at him. "What's wrong?" I asked. He just winked then he played again. This time, with a faster tempo. It took me a while to realize that he was actually dancing while playing the violin. I was like... Oh my God! Henry can dance?! He's sooooo cool! "DAEBAK HENRY! YOU'RE SO COOL!" I said after his performance. The people in the cafeteria gave him a round of applause. He bowed at them.

Then he looked at me asking: "Did I made you happy, Amber?" I smiled then nod. "That's a relief!" he return to his sitting position.

"So... You dance. I mean, I never knew!" "That's because you never asked!" Henry's smile faded. He's not looking at me anymore. I think he's looking at something behind me. "Hey, Henry-"

"Amber." Key? "Amber, let's talk." Ignore him, Amber!

"Uhm, Henry! Why don't you drop by in our house later after school. Jackie made some cookies."

"Sure." -Henry.

"Amber-"

"Maybe you should teach me how to play the violin.-"

"Amber-"

"-I love the sound. So soothing-." Then Key suddenly grabbed my hand. I looked at him. " You're going with me." he said.

Henry stoop up. "You're not taking her anywhere!" he look angry.

"Henry," I said. "I'll be fine. I'll just call you, ok?"

He sighed. "Fine. Be careful." then he glared at Key.

***