One

An old worn out shoe

Seungri is tired. He tries to move with the rhythm blasting from the speakers but it is getting harder to keep up. He feels like he has four arms and four legs because he cannot seem to coordinate any of his limbs. All he wants to do at the moment is to lie down on the floor flat and just rest. Rest... How he needs it. With school, and his endless schedules and practices, rest is becoming a foreign word to him.

"Seungri, do you need a break?" Jiyong asks in concern as he paused the music. He has been eyeing Seungri from the mirror, and it is obvious the kid is not in the right condition today. Not to mention his pale skin and dark circles, he looks like he came out of a horror movie,

Seungri shakes his head.The last thing he needs is to slow down his hyungs. He knows what people says about him. That he is just not good enough. He works his off, but in their eyes, he is never good enough. They laugh when he makes jokes on variety shows, they coo when he does his aeygo and his y moves. But really, nobody, nobody ever exclaim about his talents, about how well he dances or how good his vocals are. In their eyes, he cannot never outdo his hyungs.

"You sure?" Top prompts, wearing the same worried expression as their leader.

Seungri nodded, "Go on. Don't let me slow you down. I will catch up somehow."

"Okay..." Jiyong says reluctantly, "But you stop anytime you need to."

Seungri feels like giving up in the next half an hour. He is exhausted and every part of his body is screaming in pain. He stumbles through the last part, desperately gulping for air at the end of it. He bends over, one hand holding his side and the other on his chest. Since when does breathing requires so much energy.

"Seungri, are you okay?" Jiyong stepped forward, putting his arm over his shoulders, looking more worried that ever.

"I..." He wants to reassure Jiyong that he is all right, and it feels like the cat has got his tongue. He cannot seem to utter a word.

"I think he needs to sit down... And water... Where's the water?" Someone asks, but Seungri could not figure out who he is.

The next thing he knows, everything - everything turns black as he falls into a world of silence.

--

Seungri is on stage. He stares at the audience - wide eyed. Why is he on stage? What song is it now? Why can't he remember? He looks around helplessly, only to discover that he is all alone. Where are his hyungs? Where is Jiyong?

And then the music starts playing loudly. He listens intensely, but it all sounds foreign to him. What is he supposed to do?

"What is he doing?" One of the audience shouted loudly.

"I told you, he !" Another one shouted.

Seungri can feel the unease building up in the pit of his stomach. He feels nauseous, and he feels like running away. But he can't seem to move his legs at all.

"We want Big Bang, not this piece of trash!" Someone from the left chanted.

"Get off the stage!" Another one chanted, louder.

"Get off the stage! Get off the stage! Get off the stage!" It gets louder and louder and louder.\

He can hear his heart pounding against his chest. He stares at the crowd in bewilderment, a stinging feeling at the back of his eyes. No, he cannot cry... They are just going to laugh at him more if he cries... But the tears roll down anyway. And they start laughing. Laughing and pointing their fingers at him.

"Seungri!" A familiar voice called out and then he feels his arms being tugged at.

And he wakes up.

"Seungri!" Seungri opened his eyes, squinting at the brightness of the room. What just happened? Where is he?

"Are you all right?" A voice asks.

Seungri's vision begins clearing out and he can see Jiyong's face hovering over his, a look of extreme worry etched across.

"Hyung..." He whispers weakly.

Jiyong sighed in relief, "Seungri, you scared us."

He feels a something soft brushing against his face and he looks to the other side to see Taeyang wiping his face with a piece of tissue.

"W... What?" He asks, confused.

"You were crying." Taeyang says, "And muttering to yourself. We kept calling for you but you didn't wake up. You scared the hell out of us."

Seungri remembers the horrible dream, and his body still shudders at the thought of it.

"Where am I?"

"The hospital." Jiyong replies gently as he helps him up, "The doctor said you overworked. And you were too... stressed."

"We told you to take it easy, maknae." Top reprimands, "Between your schedules and studies, I haven't seen you sleep for weeks."

"I... I am all right, hyung." Seungri defends himself weakly. Now then he is awake, he can feel the migraine bursting in his head, like a thousand claws grabbing him.

"Really?" Jiyong snorts, "Then what is this?" He pulls out Seungri's sleeve to reveal a row of bruises, "You are not all right if you have to resort to pinching yourself to stay awake."

"We know there are more on your thighs and sides too." Daesung deadpanned, "Haven't you heard of coffee?"

Seungri lowers his head, not daring to look at his hyungs. He has caused them trouble, hasn't he?

Jiyong gently runs his fingers through Seungri's hair, his eyes softening, "Listen to us, and rest, all right?"

Seungri nodded, still not looking at them in the eyes.

"The rest of them have their schedules to attend to. I will stay with you for the night."

Seungri knows he has schedules too. But he did not say anything. He... He doesn't want to be alone tonight. Having Jiyong here will be comforting.

He can hear his hyungs leaving the room and the closing of the door signals that there is only him and Jiyong left.

Jiyong reaches out and gently lifts Seungri's face up. He stares at the beautiful pair of eyes that the dark circles could not hide, "I was very worried."

Seungri sighs, "I know. I am sorry. I just..."

"I know." JIyong says quietly, "You are silly. You are the best no matter what you think."

"But..."

"No buts." Jiyong shushed him, "You are the best."

"Far from it. I will never be as good as you, or Top hyung or Tae..."

Seungri was cut off by a deep kiss from Jiyong.

"It pains me when you say such things," Jiyong says softly, tracing his cheeks with his slender fingers, "You are unaware of how good you are."

"And it pains me to see you so pale and so weak. And that I couldn't stop you before you collapsed."

"I am too stubborn, hyung. Not your fault."

Jiyong chuckles, "Glad you know, maknae."

"I just didn't want to drag you down." Seungri mutters.

"You will never." Jiyong reassures, "Don't say such things anymore."

"I love you, you know?"

Seungri sighs, "I know. But why? You are so... So good. And I am..."

"You are perfect." Jiyong says.

"I have many flaws."

Jiyong smiles, "You are like my pair of shoes."

Seungri frowns, unsure of what to think of the description as he stares at Jiyong's pair of old worn out shoes. He has had it for years, but he still wears it very often despite his huge collection of shoes.

"They are old." Seungri deadpanned, "And worn out. Gee. Thanks hyung. It makes me feel better."

"They are old, and worn out. But they are comfortable, and they fit. They are perfect. For me. Just like you."

And Seungri smiles brightly, his insecurity flying out of the windows. Really, why does he bother anyway? When he has Jiyong with him. Because all the talents and achievements in the world cannot match up to his Kwon Jiyong.

--

okay, this is jus a random story. too much time spent on something so short and messy.

--