2

Dilemma

“Yes… If the time went back, I would still say yes… But what? What is this feeling? I want to forget him… but I want him here so I can lean on his shoulders and cry and his smile, it will make me forget every bad things… What am I thinking?...”

 

==

 

“Hi Dad, we’re home!”

 

“Oh, my son and his precious girl are home!”, KiSeop’s Dad welcomed you.

 

“Have you told her?”, KiSeop’s Dad whispered in his ears.

 

“Not yet… It’s not time yet…”

 

“But you two have been dating for several months!”

 

“I’ll try later”, KiSeop tried to comfort his Dad.

 

“KiSeop, I know that it’s hard. But you have to tell her as soon as possible or you’ll hurt her…”

 

“I know, Dad. But I’m not ready. And I think she’s not ready too”

 

“When I told your mother… She was panic…”, his Dad sighed.

 

“Then what happened? How could you two get along again?”

 

“Love will stay, son! Love will stay. Do tell her soon. Don’t hurt her! She’s too innocent to be hurt!”

 

You were putting all of your attention on the books, again. They looked at you and you looked back with a smile. You thought it was just a normal conversation between a dad and his son.

 

 

==

 

 

“I’m so stressful! I don’t know… I can’t be as calm as usual. I sometimes turn mad without any reasons. What’s happening to me?”, you felt depressed.

 

“It’s ok… You need to rest. That’s all!”

 

“But how can I rest? You keep making my heart beat fast and my feelings, I don’t even know whether it’s real or not”

 

“Come here!”, KiSeop waved to you and told you to lay on his thighs.

 

“Ok… now I can rest!”, you laid down and slept soundly.

 

“Whenever you feel too stressful, please tell me. I’ll do anything to help you feel better. I’ll always be there for you! Don’t worry, dear” then he lowered his head and gave you a kiss.

 

 

==

 

“I’m feeling stressful now… And I need you!”, you’re still crying like a child.

 

“But I don’t know. Maybe I’ll be more stressful if I see you here… You’re not good for me but I feel so good whenever you’re around… KiSeop, I really love you. Should I continue to keep this relationship with you? If only you weren’t what you are… I’m frustrated… What can I do?”

 

==

 

This morning, like usual, you had breakfast at “the only black house” in the city with funny and interesting conversations with KiSeop’s family. They’ve been so nice to you that you’ve never thought that they’re really what they are! Until KiSeop confessed to you… And you wished that you had known sooner.

 

At that time, when they talked to each other, you should have known that they were hiding you a secret, a big secret! How can a sweet and kind guy like KiSeop hide you such a big secret like that?

 

After having breakfast, KiSeop and you had a walk in their garden. He was fooling around with you by telling some funny stories to make you smile and then did his pout face when you said it wasn’t funny at all. How much you cherish those moments… Whenever he looks at you, his round eyes always look deeply into your eyes like he wants to jump into it. And the way he caresses your hair make you have those unique feelings that no one else can make. You just wished that time had stopped at that point and would never go on so you hadn’t gone through the moment when KiSeop said he got something to tell.

 

“I know it’s hard for you to accept this… I don’t even want to tell you… But I don’t want to hide you anything… What I scare the most is that I’ll lose you after I tell you this. But I have no choice but telling you the truth….”, He was silent for a while and sighed several times.

 

“I’m a Vampire!”, his voice as soft as thin air.

 

-

-

-

 

-

 

“WHAT???”

 

The “What” part actually was what you thought inside you head because you couldn’t even open your mouth. All of the feelings came at the same time: surprise, sad, upset, hurt, panic, depressed, dumpfounded… and… and… a hundred of emotions. You don’t remember what exactly you did. Maybe you pushed him aside and ran home with the energy came from your anger… And now, you feel a bit calm, you realize you’re here with your own thoughts and memories.

 

 

“You are perfect to me, completely…”, that thought keeps running through your mind. “No no no, you’re NOT!”

 

 

Suddenly, that feeling comes - the feeling whenever KiSeop appears in your balcony. You open the door and like… waiting for him?  You don’t want to see him but you want to meet him the last time, to say goodbye, maybe. You look around for a while, but he isn’t here… Maybe he’s gone… Crying too much brought you an annoying headache. You fainted.

 

 

You open your eyes and realize you’re lying on KiSeop’s thighs but still in your bedroom. He’s looking at you gently and giving another angelic smile.

 

“Phew… That was a nightmare!”, you wipe your sweats.

 

“No… it’s not…”, KiSeop awkwardly responses.

 

You jump out of his laps “Stay away from me…!”

 

“I’ve never meant to hurt you… I know you won’t accept it. I couldn’t tell you from the start. I know you’ll hate me”

 

“Hate? I’m frightened. You are… you are… Oh I don’t even want to say that word! Why don’t you just… eat me up! Maybe things will be solved”

 

“We don’t eat human!”

 

“Really? But you are… you are… whatever you are! Isn’t that what you do?”

 

“No…! You read too much books, dear. We’re not like that. Not like those monsters or devils you read in your books. If we eat human… Why did I fall in love with you? Why didn’t I just eat you?”

 

 

You think about that for a while and stare at him. He doesn’t even move a bit. He sits there on your bed and is also looking at you. He’s right… or your heart is right… or both of them are right. He’s not harmful at all. Maybe not to you. He loves you and cares for you. You know that for sure. And you love him for who he is not for what he is. You’ve been through many difficulties with him and he changed you into an optimistic girl, dislike the girl who used to hide herself in those books.

 

 

Isn’t your dilemma solved? He’ll never let you go nor hurt you. You also know it. It is believed that the decision is finally made.

 

 

“Will you take care of me?”, you ask him and tears are running down again.

 

“Of course, sweetheart! You’re the only girl I love. I’ll always protect you!”, he wipes your tears and gives you passionately kiss. His kiss takes away your dilemma.

 

“I’m sorry for not telling you from the start… You know how hard it is…”

 

“Your mother… she was also like me right?”

 

“My father told me that she had moved to another country but later she came back and said she couldn’t live without him…”

 

“Yeah. I do understand her feeling now. Really”

 

“Hey, if you really want to be with us, you got a lot to learn”

 

“What to learn?”

 

“How to survive in a Vampire family”

 

“Oh… I see… what if I get stressful again because there’re so many things to do but I can’t have those abilities like Vampires?”

 

“Then I’ll be by your side and blow away your depression. Don’t worry dear! I’ll be here with you”, he holds your hand and winks.

 

“You’re right. When I look into your eyes, I tend to lose my thoughts”

 

“What? I’m not a brain washer!”

 

“But your smile is! It killed me several times, you know. Your angelic smile”

 

“I love you, dear. I’ll be here and smile with you no matter what happens. And I promise you, I’ll never let you go. Let’s wait until I can say ‘It’s a wonderful life to be with you’”