1

Dilemma

You lay down on your bed, face the pillows.

 

“What should I do? I should break up with him, of course, and never meet him again. But I love him too much… And he’ll never let me go… What do I do? Why? Why have to be today? Why that secret was revealed today?”

 

==

 

It was a busy Monday. You were standing in front of a huge bookshelf in the library and told yourself that you would read them all. You didn’t know why you were so obsessed with romantic books, especially those “forbidden love” stories. The more you read, the more you imagined. Even though you knew it would hurt, you wished that you could be in a relationship like that. Being prevented by many factors, but love would stay. You wanted to try once to know how strong your love would be. You were busy reading those books so you didn’t realize that there were a guy kept looking at you.

 

 

5:00pm, you finally could put the book down thanks to your starving-stomach’s noise. But the hunger made you dizzy that you bumped into a guy. He was so kind. He picked all your stuffs up and asked whether you were fine. When he heard that you were careless because of your empty stomach, he offered to take you out for dinner. And that was how your love story started.

 

 

“I’m KiSeop. My house is two blocks away from here”

 

“Oh I know that place. Is it the only house in the city painted in black?”

 

“Yes, it is. What do you think about it?”

 

“Many people think it’s a haunted house but I don’t know… I think it’s just a unique hobby”

 

“My family really likes black so…”

 

“Oh! That’s why your outfit… it’s also black!”

 

“Yeah right. We really like black”

 

 

==

 

Why are those first memories coming back? They’re like thousands of knives go through your heart.

 

“I should have known… I should have known that wasn’t just a hobby… They like everything in black… Of course! I should have known…”

 

Tears are running down on your face but you don’t care. You don’t even bother to wipe your tears away. It hurts so badly.

 

 

==

 

“What are you doing? Reading again? You’re such a bookworm!”, KiSeop texted to you.

 

“I’m waiting for my White-horse Prince to come actually”, you texted back, lying on your bed.

 

“Oh, you mean waiting for me? Don’t worry, I’ll be there! Give me a second”

 

“What?”, the surprise made you roll out of your bed.

 

“Knock knock knock”, you looked out your balcony and felt panic.

 

“Oh my god! KiSeop! How can you get here?”, you opened the door, “On my balcony”

 

“Let’s consider me as a magician”, he smiled and his smile was so cute that you decided to make him smile forever.

 

==

 

“Forever? Yes right…”, that’s what you thought but if only you knew what you know today. He was so sweet to you but he wasn’t true to you. Even so, you still love him too much. That “too much” is bringing you down with so much pain. You don’t want to see him or listen to him but on the contrary, you want to have him here with you and hug you tight.

 

 

==

 

“Hahaha why are you so funny?”, you really couldn’t stop laughing.

 

“You have a really adorable smile”, KiSeop looked at you gently.

 

“Oh no, don’t compare mine to yours. Your smile is just… PERFECT!”

 

“Well, it’s not perfect if it can’t make you smile”

 

“Hey, I’m smiling!”

 

“Yeah I see”

 

“You know what? Nothing else can make me smile except those books. But you, you just… you just did it!”

 

“It’s my pleasure to make you smile. Oh gosh you look so pretty when you smile”

 

“Really?”, you blushed.

 

“Yeah… Please smile always. And I’ll try my best to make you smile”, KiSeop winked.

 

Your heart was pounding fast and you knew from that moment that he was the right one for you, no one else could replace.

 

==

 

“Smile? You’re making me cry, KiSeop! I’m crying like a child! Why? Why are you doing this to me? Is this what it means to be? No, I don’t want to cry, please make me smile! But no, I don’t want to see you! Get out of my head!!!”

 

It’s not his fault, you know… He didn’t even have a choice… But still… It’s too much for you to handle.

 

==

 

“Hello, Prince Charming! Why are you here so often? Is appear-in-my-balcony your habit?”

 

“Oh yeah, I guess so, Princess!”. He smiled. “Anyway, climbing here is the only trick that this magician can do!”

 

You smiled happily like always. “Always” here meant “everytime he’s with you”.

 

“That’s strange! My smile only comes when you come”

 

Again, he smiled. “I bought this book for you. I know you’ll like it”

 

You took the book and your fingers just coincidently touched his. It made you feel awkward. That feeling and the feeling when you got your favorite book turned you into a crazy girl with so much fantastic feelings.

 

That was the book you always wanted to have, “Dilemma”. It told a story about a girl who wanted to run from a guy but at the same time she wanted to be with him forever. The book had just published the day before and you couldn’t be quick enough to get one. But then, it was there in your arms thanks to your “Prince Charming”. You held the book to sleep and thought “You are perfect to me, completely. You should know that”.

 

==

 

You look at the book. All you want to do is tear it into a hundred pieces but you just can’t. It’s so precious to you, just like him. You point at the book.

 

“You! It’s all your fault. You started everything. You’re making my life more and more like the girl in your story! And had it not been for you, I wouldn’t fall so deeply in love with him now! Please give me a break! Please give my heart a break! I can’t take it anymore!”

 

 

==

 

 

“Hey, do you have any plans for today? It’s Valentine!”, your friends asked you while your mind was still sinking in the book.

 

“Oh nevermind, I guess she’ll spend this day with her love stories like everyday”, and they left.

 

But no, you got a plan. You would tell him that your heart totally belonged to him and that you would let him make you smile forever.

 

“Oh there he is…”, you took a deep breath and slowly came towards him.

 

He saw you and smiled. His smiled once again killed you at the point. And you just stood there. He came towards, looked deeply into your eyes then held your hands. He put a present into your arm and with his soft voice, he asked: “Do you want to be my Valentine?”