His Place

My Son's Teacher

Over the next month, Minho and Kibum had gotten a closer. As promised, Kibum tied Minho’s tie every morning when he dropped Yoogeun off. Minho even started dropping his son off earlier just to talk to the blonde and stayed longer after school.

Every moment they were together was full of shameless flirting. Kibum would bat his long eyelashes, Minho would flip his hair, they’d let their arms touch just so they couldn’t feel each other. They’d even started to hug when they saw each other, each hug lasting longer than the other. They never went beyond flirting though.

Minho wanted more than Kibum’s friendship. He wanted him to himself. The blonde was so alluring to him, so attractive and y, yet so charming and adorable. The way his motherly instincts came out when he was around the children was the most endearing thing to him though.

The kids loved him, probably more than their own parents. They never wanted to leave, Yoogeun included. But that didn’t bother Minho at all. The longer Yoogeun stayed, the longer he got to talk to Kibum.

But the little visits weren’t enough anymore. He wanted more time with Kibum; he wanted to know more about him. He wanted to touch him, to kiss him, to just feel him. He decided that he would finally make a move on him, but he wasn’t sure how. And they obviously couldn’t go on an official date with Yoogeun there. How would this work between them?

Minho had just picked Yoogeun up from school and they were heading home when he got an idea. What if Kibum came over for dinner? But, it wouldn’t be considered a real date since his son would be joining them. It would have to do though. Minho couldn’t take the fact that Kibum wasn’t his. So once he got home, he pulled out his phone and pulled up the blonde’s contact number.

He stared at it, contemplating on whether he should call or not. He was acting as if he’d never done this before. In his defense, he hadn’t asked anyone out since his freshman year in high school, and that was over ten years ago.

He dated Taemin until they both graduated and got married, so this was a bit new to him. He hadn’t even had all that much dating experience when he asked him out in the first place, so it wasn’t his fault that he was extremely nervous.

Swallowing thickly, he clicked on Kibum’s contact number and held the phone to his ear. It rang once, then twice, three times, then four times before it went to his voicemail.

“Hi. You’ve reached Kibum. You know what to do…” Minho chuckled at the carefree tone of his voice in the voicemail. He sounded like a high school or college student. He cleared his throat and left him a voicemail.

“Hi Kibum. It’s me, Minho. Well, I’m sure you know it’s me since your phone will tell you. Um, anyway, I um… actually, I don’t want to do this on your voicemail so could you call me back when you can? Thanks, bye.” Minho hung up the phone feeling like an utter failure. Was it really that hard to ask him over for dinner? It wasn’t like he was proposing or anything, so why were his palms sweaty? Why was his heart beating so fast? He couldn’t be that nervous, could he?

He placed his phone on his bed side table and put in on charge, feeling a bit dejected since Kibum didn’t answer. Maybe he didn’t like him after all. Maybe the blonde was just being friendly and not flirting with him. Maybe he was meant to be alone for the rest of his life.

He sighed as he stripped out of his suit and into his gray t-shirt and his cartoon pajama bottoms. He slipped on his slippers and left his room, heading to his son’s room to check on him. When he got there, he saw Yoogeun passed out on his bed, holding his favorite stuffed toy close to his little body.

Minho smiled and stripped the boy out of his clothes, careful not to wake him, and put his pajamas on. He didn’t usually approve of him sleeping so early because he’d be up all night, but he looked so tired when he picked him up from school, so he didn’t wake him like he usually would.

Instead, he went into the kitchen to prepare dinner. Yoogeun would wake up from his nap eventually and by the time that he did, he would be hungry, so it was best to have dinner already cooked for him.

He rummaged through the cabinets for something to cook for his picky eater. Usually, Minho ended up cooking two separate meals because Yoogeun wouldn’t eat half of the food that Minho would. He had his parents to thank for that.

Before they moved, they would babysit Yoogeun when he had to work. They’d end up feeding him ravioli and spaghetti. His parents had a thing for Italian food, so naturally, Yoogeun took a liking to it since he ate it so much. So Minho ended up spending extra money on the foods his son would eat.

Minho looked through his cabinets and soon realized that he didn’t have any of his son’s favorite dishes, but he did have ramen, and his son loved the way Minho cooked ramen. It was the one dish father and son actually agreed on.

He took out a pot and filled it with water and seasonings before putting in on the stove to boil. He was about to open a pack of ramen when he heard his phone ringing. With lazy strides, he walked to his bedroom to retrieve his phone and nearly dropped it when he saw who was calling.

His palms started sweating and his heart started racing. Kibum was calling him. That meant he wanted to talk to him right? Maybe he was just being nice and returning the phone call. Or maybe he actually liked him. He’d never find out unless he answered the phone… He took a deep breath before answering the call.

“Hello?” he was surprised with how calm his voice was since he was freaking out on the inside.

“Hi, Minho. I got your voicemail. I’m sorry I missed your call though.”

“Oh, it’s ok. I’m sure you were busy.”

“Yeah. I was in charge of the aftercare students today so I’m just now heading home.” Minho looked at the clock and noticed it was almost five. It was still a little early for a teacher to leave, but he figured it was because all of his students left pretty early and he had time to get everything together before the last student left. Therefore, when it was time to leave, he didn’t have to pack up anything.

“So,” Kibum said when the conversation died down. “Was there a reason you called me earlier or—”

“Oh, yeah! There was. Um.” Minho took in a deep breath and blew it out again. “I was just wondering, maybe you’d like to, um, have dinner. With me. Tonight.” The other line went silent and Minho started freaking out. I shouldn’t have asked! He scolded himself. He had to fix this awkward situation he’d created. “I mean, if you don’t want to its fine. I was just—well never mind. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked. Clearly you don’t—”

“Minho.”

“Yes?” He said slightly breathless from his rant. He heard Kibum chuckle before he spoke again.

“I’d love to have dinner with you.”

“Really?” He asked in disbelief.

“Yeah.”

“You understand that Yoogeun will be here though right? You don’t mind?”

“No, of course not. I love Yoogeun. What time should I come over?” Minho couldn’t believe this was happening. His heart did little flips in his chest and he couldn’t help but to smile like an idiot.

“Well, how about—” Before he could finish his sentence, he heard an intense sizzling and the sound of bubbling water. “! Could you hold on for a second?”

“Uh, sure.” Minho tossed the phone on his bed and rushed to his kitchen to find the pot of water boiling over. He turned the stove off and removed the pot from the hot eye and placed it on a cool one. The over boiled water had spilled onto the floor, causing a mess of discolored water, thanks to the seasonings he out in it. With everything under control, he went back into his room to grab his phone and went back into the kitchen to clean up the mess.

“Sorry about that. I had a pot boiling over.”

“It’s fine. By the way, what did you plan on cooking?” Well, he actually hadn’t planned on cooking any meals since he was sure Kibum didn’t want to come over. Now he was freaking out even more than before because he was stupid enough to invite someone over for dinner without having a dinner plan.

“I, uh, really don’t know. I didn’t—I didn’t think you’d come over, so I started making ramen for Yoogeun.”

“Ramen isn’t a full meal.” Kibum teased.

“Says you. Besides, you don’t have a picky eating son who literally won’t eat anything.”

“Tell you what.” Kibum paused to complain about the idiot driver in front of him. “How about I order take out and swing by at around seven-thirty?” Minho checked the time and it was only a little after five, so that would give him plenty of time to get ready.

“That sounds great. I’ll text you the address.”

“Alright. I’ll see you then.”

“Alright. Bye.” They hung up the phone Minho immediately texted Kibum his address. Afterward, he went to Yoogeun’s room to check on him. When he peeked inside of his room, he was sound asleep, which was a good thing because Minho needed a shower. He didn’t want to smell when Kibum came over.

Minho immediately went into the bathroom and stripped off his clothes before turning on the shower. He waited for the water to warm up before he stepped under the spray and began to clean himself. He paid special attention to his hair, as he always did, working the shampoo thoroughly through his chocolate brown locks. Once he felt clean, he turned the shower off and left the bat bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He entered his room and went straight to the closet.

“What should I wear?” he asked out loud, rummaging through his overstuffed closet. He wanted, no, needed to look perfect for Kibum. He had to make a big impression on him. Picking an outfit wasn’t easy, but he soon settled on light blue jeans and a striped button up. He left a few of the buttons ed, showing off a bit of his chest and the undershirt he was wearing.

The only thing left to do was his hair, which wasn’t a big task. All he usually did to it was blow dry and brush it. After he was finally dressed, he dabbed on some cologne, not so much that it was over powering, but just enough so that he’d smell nice.

He then brushed his teeth, making sure to have fresh breath. He checked the clock again and it was now seven. No wonder he had to get up so early in the morning. It took him two hours to get ready. Sometimes, no matter how early he woke up, he was still late because he never wanted to leave the house if he didn’t look good.

He went out into the living room and cleaned up whatever messes were made. Minho’s apartment was pretty much spotless save for a few toys left behind by his son, which he picked up and placed back in his room. He was cleaning off his dining table when the doorbell rang. He stared at the door for a second before rushing over to open it, not wanting to keep his date waiting. His date. He smiled at that thought and opened the door.

He stood in the open door, openly gawking at Kibum. He looked utterly y. His black pants were tight, too tight for his sanity. He wore a polka dotted, dark blue sweater on top of a white shirt and a grey hat on his head that looked adorable on him. He smiled and cleared his throat, bringing Minho back to earth.

“Are you going to let me in?”

“Sorry, yeah. Come on in. the kitchen is that way.” He said pointing toward the kitchen. “I’ll help you.” He grabbed one of the takeout bags from Kibum and followed him into the kitchen, not missing the way his hips moved seductively from side to side. They went into the kitchen and started unpacking the food that Kibum bought.

“You brought a lot. How many people were you planning to feed?” Kibum chuckled at Minho’s joke, slapping at his hand playfully.

“I wasn’t sure how much to make.”

“Wait, so you didn’t buy this? You cooked this? All of this?” Kibum nodded his head and continued to unpack everything he brought over, which was indeed a lot.

He put a lot into this meal, which meant a lot to Minho. There was Bibimbap, different noodle dishes, enough side dishes to feed all of Korea, and he even made desert. Damn, he cooked and baked. Yes, Kibum was perfect.

“Everything looks great Kibum. You really didn’t have to go through the trouble.” Kibum shook his head and smiled.

“It’s ok, really. I love to cook. Besides,” he took a few steps closer to Minho, stopping right in front of him. “The fastest way to a man hearts is through his stomach right?” Minho smiled ily at the blonde, who he now noticed was getting closer to him. He couldn’t tell if he himself was moving in or if Kibum was, but it didn’t matter. Their faces were extremely close now, their lips only mere millimeters away from touching when Yoogeun’s bedroom door opened. Hearing the squeaking of the hinges, Kibum moved away from Minho, smiling as he looked around the kitchen for plates. He looked down to his son when he felt a tug on his pants.

“Appa. I’m hungry.” Minho crouched down to his son’s level and ruffled his hair.

“You are? Well, Kibum seonsaengnim cooked for us. Is it ok if he stays?” Yoogeun’s eyes were sparked with interest as he peered around Minho to see Kibum. When he spotted him, he ran to him and hugged him around his knees.

“Hi Yoogeun-ah. Are you ready to eat?”

“Yes! Do you want to see my room first? I have power rangers!” Minho chuckled and shook his head. His son was obsessed.

“I sure would.” Yoogeun grabbed Kibum’s hand and led him to his room, Minho following behind silently. He watched as Yoogeun grabbed different toys and handed them to Kibum. Kibum didn’t seem to mind that he was playing with a child. He sat on the floor and began to play happily with the six year old, attacking his toy with his own. Minho figured he’d let them have their fun and set the table for dinner.

Yoogeun got up from his spot and went over to his toy box with Kibum crawling behind him. He motioned for his teacher to choose whatever toy he wanted and Kibum chose a stuffed purple plushie at the bottom of the toy box. Yoogeun’s eyes went wide and he snatched the toy back and sat on the floor, holding it tight.

“You can’t play with this one.” Kibum looked at the child, who looked as though he was on the verge of tears. The plush toy was obviously important to him, but he wanted to know why.

“Why can’t I play with that toy Yoogeunnie?” Yoogeun held his toy tighter and rubbed its soft fur. Kibum wiped a tear that fell from the child’s face. “Sweetie what’s wrong?”

“You promise to keep it a secret?”

“I promise.” Yoogeun held his pinky up.

“Pinky promise?” Kibum wrapped his pinky around the smaller one.

“Pinky promise.”

“I-it’—it’s Taeminnie appa’s. I took it before he left. H-He didn’t like me very much.”

“Of course he liked you Yoogeun.” Kibum motioned for the child to sit in his lap, which he complied to. “Sometime, grownups feel better if they’re apart. You’re Minho appa and Taeminnie appa didn’t want to stay together, but they still love you.” Yoogeun shook his head. He may have been young, but he wasn’t dumb.

“Minho appa loves me, but Taeminnie appa didn’t like me. He yelled at me a lot and didn’t play with me like Minho appa does.” It broke Kibum’s heart to hear these words come from such a young child’s mouth. Every child deserved to feel loved and Yoogeun didn’t.

“Well, guess what?” He looked up at Kibum.

“What?”

“I like you.”

“Really?” He asked, his small voice filled with hope.

“Really.” Yoogeun played with Kibum’s fingers for a while before speaking again.

“Do you like Minho appa too?” Kibum was taken aback by the child’s blunt question, then again, he really shouldn’t have been. His entire class was like this; young children who were curious about the world and weren’t afraid to ask. Kibum nodded and smiled.

“Yes, I like your Minho appa a lot.”

“So, does that mean you’ll be my new appa? I like you better than Taeminnie appa.”

“Um, well Yoogeun, I, um…” While thinking of a response for the child’s question, Minho appeared at the door and announced that the table was set and it was time to eat. Yoogeun, haven’t eaten since lunch, got up from Kibum’s lap and ran passed Minho to sit at his chair at the table. Kibum sighed a breath of relief and walked passed Minho with intentions of telling him about the talk he’d just had with his son. He didn’t want to break his promise to the boy, but this was too important to keep from Minho.

Dinner went better than expected. Yoogeun actually ate all of his dinner without complaining about what he didn’t like. Minho started to doubt his cooking because his son never ate vegetable, but he ate everything Kibum cooked including vegetables and even asked for more. The boy was so wrapped up in his delicious dinner the he paid no attention his father who was shamelessly flirting with his teacher. He didn’t notice how he glided his fingertips across Kibum’s hand or how Kibum ran his sock covered foot over Minho’s. If he noticed, he would have definitely pointed it out.

Dinner was now over and it was getting pretty close to Yoogeun’s bedtime. So Minho decided to run his bath and prepare him for bed. While Minho was doing that, Kibum volunteered to clean up the dishes. The taller male told him that it wasn’t necessary, but he insisted. Minho soon learned that once the blonde had his mind set on something, that was it. He helped his son wash up for bed and washed his hair. Once he was all clean, he wrapped him in a towel and took him to his bedroom to dress him in his pajamas.

“Appa, I can do it myself.” The boy protested when Minho tried to put his shirt on.

“Alright, appa will let you dress yourself.” He watched as Yoogeun struggled with putting his pajamas on and smiled when he got them on successfully.

“See appa! I did it!” he shouted as he jumped up and down, excited that he put his clothes on by himself. Minho laughed and picked him up only to swing him around and place him in his bed. “I told you I could. I’m a big boy appa.”

“Yes you are Yoogeun. You’re appa’s big boy.”

“Does that mean I can stay up later?” He chuckled and ruffled his hair that was slightly damp.

“No. You have to get your sleep. Goodnight Yoogeunnie.”

“Goodnight appa.” Minho kissed his son’s forehead and began to leave the room. Right before Minho closed his door, Yoogeun called his name.

“Minho appa?”

“Yes Yoogeun-ah?”

“I love you.” Minho went back into his room and hugged his son tight.

“I love you too Yoogeun-ah. Appa loves you so much. Now rest up. You have school in the morning.” The boy nodded his head and snuggled into his blanket. Minho closed the door to his son’s room and went into the living room to see Kibum sitting on the couch.

“Sorry I took so long.” He said as he joined the blonde. “I had to put Yoogeun to bed.”

“It’s fine. But, um, earlier, Yoogeun kind of asked me if I was going to be his new appa.” Minho felt the color drain from his face in embarrassment. He didn’t know what to say or how to make Kibum feel comfortable again. He didn’t want him to think he’d been telling Yoogeun things like that.

“I’m really sorry for that. I don’t know where he got that idea.”

“It’s alright.” He chuckled, filling Minho’s ears with the most beautiful sound. “It’s normal for children of divorced parents to think that every person their parent brings home will be their new parent.” Minho nodded taking in everything that he said.

The next hour was spent on them telling each other about themselves. Minho learned that Kibum was an only child and had a pretty rough childhood. His parents died when he was really young and he was raised by his grandparents. Not long after his grandparents took him in, his grandfather died.

He learned that Kibum’s school career was also quite tough. He was a small, shy kid, so naturally, he didn’t make many friends. He did have a small group of friends that lived in his neighborhood, but they didn’t go to the same school.

He learned that Kibum knew he was gay from the very beginning; he was never interested in girls. He didn’t come out until he was in college, fearing that he’d be teased and bullied if his peers found out.

He learned that Kibum was older than him by three months, but refused to believe it. He found it cute how Kibum pouted when Minho wouldn’t call him hyung, so he did it to make the blonde happy. They decided not to use formalities though, since they were so close in age.

He learned that Kibum wasn’t very experienced in dating. He’d only had a hand full of boyfriends, but they were pretty decent relationships, each being at least six months. His longest relationship lasted a year, but ended on a bad note with him being heartbroken.

He learned that Kibum wanted to be a child psychologist because he wanted to help children who dealt with pain and abuse on a daily basis, but soon realized that his heart wasn’t strong enough to listen to a child talk about being abused or ually assaulted. He decided on teacher children instead and being the school counselor.

He learned that Kibum was correct about his fashion sense. Fashion was a hobby of his along with photography and art. He bragged about how his apartment was full of paintings and pictures that he’d taken.

Kibum learned plenty about Minho too. He learned that, like himself, he didn’t have much dating experience either. He dated Taemin through high school and married him right after the younger graduated. They were married for six years before they divorced.

He learned that it was Minho’s idea to adopt Yoogeun and that Taemin was against the idea completely, but Minho wouldn’t take no for an answer. Taemin gave into his husband, even though he absolutely despised children, though he never told Minho that directly.

He learned that Yoogeun was three when they adopted him and had no trace of who his parents were. He was left in a blanket and car seat in the waiting room of a hospital when he was just a newborn. As soon as Minho saw Yoogeun, he fell in love with him and wanted nothing more than to raise him and give him the love and care he deserved and needed.

He learned that Minho had a fashion side too, mostly from his teen years when his dream was to model. He found happiness in buying new clothes or accessories, but never went overboard. He would end a shopping trip with a couple of items whereas Kibum would leave with two arms full of bags.

He learned that Minho was a manager of his best friend’s company. He made good pay and had the perfect hours thanks to him. He would’ve been a CEO but that would take time away from Yoogeun.

He learned that Minho was the middle child of his family. He had a younger sister and an older sister. His parents recently moved to his deceased grandparents’ house, which was where his mother grew up, in Daegu. Kibum got excited seeing as he was also from Daegu, but Minho corrected him, explaining that he himself was from Incheon.

Time flew by as they talked and laughed with each other as if they’d been friends forever. The pair hadn’t realized how close they’d gotten to each other. They didn’t notice how much they touched each other. Their laughter died down when their gazes locked, their eyes both filled with want. Closer and closer their faces got until Minho suddenly stopped, not wanting to take things too fast. He searched Kibum’s eyes for any sign of protest. When he was met with none, he let his eyes flutter closed as he leaned in closer until his lips pressed against Kibum’s.

It was a sweet simple peck, but damn, Minho felt sparks. His entire body was warm from the simply contact. He pulled away to look at Kibum who was blushing a bit, which he found very cute. He brought his hand up to Kibum’s cheek and it with his thumb.

“I’m not rushing anything am I? Was that ok?” Kibum nodded.

“It was fine,” He started as he brought his hand up to Minho’s cheek, rubbing it softly and moving to the back of his neck. “But it could be better.” Without warning, Kibum pressed his lips against Minho’s with more pressure than before, moving his lips in sync with the younger male. Minho’s lips were on fire from the kiss and his hands were in his lap, not really sure if the blonde would be ok if he touched him.

Kibum along the bottom of Minho’s lip, begging him for entrance which Minho gave him immediately. He was in control and Minho had no problem with that. He didn’t know what the blonde wanted anyway, so it was for the best. Kibum locked his hands in Minho’s hair and straddled his waist, making Minho’s heart beat even faster than before.

Their tongues battled for dominance, Kibum fighting more than Minho. The kiss was more passionate that sloppy, which was what Minho had hoped their first kiss would be like. Kibum then pulled away to examine the younger male’s face. He smirked at Minho’s flushed face and bruised, swollen lips. He raised his hand to his forehead and brushed his bangs away from his face. Wrapping his hands around his neck, he leaned in closer to his ear.

“It’s ok for you to touch me.” Kibum’s warm breath blew against Minho’s neck, raising goosebumps all over his body and sending shockwaves of desire straight to his lower regions. He hope the blonde male hadn’t noticed, but the smirk plastered on his face told him that he did.

Kibum claimed his lips again, getting immediate access into his mouth. Minho, feeling a bit more confident, placed his hands on Kibum’s hips, feeling that was the safest place to put his hands. Kibum pulled at the collar of Minho’s shirt, urging him as close as possible, which really wasn’t possible.

It was Minho who broke the kiss this time, felling that he should probably say something to defuse the situation he was currently in. Kibum had the look of pure lust on his face. He was panting from their breathless kiss, his face was flushed, he looked hot and ready. But they couldn’t do anything for his son was peacefully sleeping down the hall and he didn’t want to wake him up with their sounds of pleasure.

Besides, this was kind of their first date and Minho didn’t want to move too fast. But with the way Kibum was acting, he wasn’t sure how long he could hold out. It was a total one-eighty from the sweet, shy male he was first attracted to. This person was bold and y. He didn’t dislike Kibum’s alter ego, but he was trying to be polite and not him into the couch cushions.

“M-Maybe we should slow down. I don’t think we should take this any further.” Minho said, still panting from their previous kiss. Kibum chuckled ily, running his from Minho’s chest down to his stomach and stopping at his waist.

“Who said anything about having ?” He leaned to Minho’s ear again and whispered ily into it. “Maybe I just like touching you.” For someone who hadn’t planned on having , he sure had a funny way of showing it. Either way, Minho was to the maximum and lust was taking over.

He switched their positions so that Kibum’s back was pressed against the couch cushions and crashed their lips back together, savoring the sweet flavor of the blonde’s mouth. He swallowed a whimper created by Kibum when his fingertips brushed against a patch of bare his bare milky skin. He ran his hand further up Kibum’s side, raising his sweater dangerously high. They broke their kiss again when their lungs burned for air. Kibum smirked at Minho’s lust filled appearance.

“Thought you wanted to slow down.” He said as he raised his knee to meet Minho’s growing bulge. The latter’s eyes fluttered closed as he savored that electrifying contact the blonde was giving him. He managed to open then again and hovered over Kibum, sliding his hand across his smooth, lean stomach.

“That was before you temped me.” He leaned in and was about to kiss Kibum again when a faint ringing brought them out of their lust filled trance. Kibum groaned, knowing that their mood was now ruined because of his damn phone.

“I have to take this.” Minho nodded and climbed off of him so that he could answer his phone call. He waited patiently while Kibum took the call.

“Yes?” He asked with a hint of irritation in his voice. He stayed quiet for a while and waited or the caller to finish speaking. “… And I’m the only one that can do it? Yeah, alright. I’ll be there. No, it’s ok. See you in the morning.” He hung up the phone and looked to Minho who was waiting for a reason for his annoyance.

“I’m really sorry, but I have to go.” He said as he gathered his belongings. “The normal morning care teacher is in the hospital and I’m the only one available so I have to be there at like six in the morning and it’s already…” he checked the time on his phone. “Almost midnight.” Minho nodded his head as he walked Kibum to the door. He bid his goodbye and was about to leave before he stopped to face Minho again.

“So, um, about earlier…” He down casted his gaze and played with the edges of his sweater. “I’m sorry. I’m not usually like that, especially on first dates.” A tint of pink covered his cheeks as he ducked his head a bit. Minho was amazed at how this extremely cute, shy man ually assaulted him on his couch not five minutes ago. He had to admit, he liked his cute side a little more.

“Don’t be sorry.”

“I just don’t want you to think I’m easy or anything. That’s really not—” Minho pressed his lips against Kibum’s, locking them in a sweet peck. He pulled away and saw his face was red.

“I wouldn’t think that of you. You’re way too cute.” He ruffled the older male’s hair and Kibum swatted his hand away. “I guess I’ll see you in the morning?”

“Yes. But, before I go… what are we now?” Minho cocked his head to the side in confusion, willing Kibum to continue. “I mean, are we still just friends or…” He smile and took the blonde’s hand and laced their fingers.

“We could be just friends, but I’d much rather have you as a boyfriend, if you want to be that is.” Kibum nodded, trying to bite back his over excited smile, but he eventually failed.

“I-I’d like that.” They stood in the doorway for quite away just holding each other’s hand and avoiding each other’s gaze until Kibum announced that he really had to go. Minho nodded in understanding and let Kibum’s hand go, but not before tapping his lips with his finger, indicating that he wanted Kibum to kiss him. With a face as red as tomatoes, he leaned up to kiss Minho, his boyfriend, before pulling away again.

“Will you text me when you get home?” Minho asked, already super concerned about Kibum’s safety. The other just chuckled at him.

“Geez, you’re already worried about me. But yeah, I’ll text you.” The two said their final goodbyes and Kibum left the complex. Once he got into his car, he squealed and ran his fingers through his hair. Minho was the first boyfriend he’d had in a while, so it was safe to say that he was really excited. He started his car and drove in the direction of his one bedroom apartment. The whole drive home, his fingers were on his still burning lips.

He arrived at his apartment complex and wasted no time before texting Minho that he was home, but he didn’t get a reply. Figuring he was sleeping, he shoved his phone back into his pocket and unlocked the door to his apartment. He undressed for bed but that didn’t mean he actually went to sleep. How could he sleep with Minho drifting through his mind? He had to tell someone and knew just the person to tell.

He retrieved his phone and dialed the number he knew so well and hoped, prayed rather, that the person would pick up. He wasn’t all that surprised when he got the voicemail. His calls were always unanswered. Sighing, he waited for the beep so that he could leave his message.

“Halmoni, its Bummie.” He started, suddenly feeling like he shouldn’t have. “I just called to talk to you and to… to say that I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I ended up like this, but it wasn’t a choice. Even if it were, I wouldn’t take it back because…” a small smiled appeared on his face.

“Because I’ve met someone. He’s really sweet and has a little boy that’s in my class. I think you’d like him because he’s so polite.” A tear trickled down his face followed by another, and another.

“It’s been seven years halmoni. Are you ever going to talk to me again? Do you really not love me anymore just because I’m gay? Am I not worth your love anymore? I’ve been through so much pain and so much sadness but I’m finally happy now. Is that really not enough?” His sobbing stopped and he sighed an irritated breath.

“I’m wasting both my breath and my time. I wish you would just talk to me again, but I’m not going to beg anymore. This will be the last time I try halmoni. I love you and wish you the best of luck with life. Goodbye.” He hung up the phone thinking that his halmoni wouldn’t even bother with checking the voicemail he just left when in reality, she was waiting for it. She cried as she listened to the sadness in her grandson’s voice. She didn’t want him to feel unworthy, but she just couldn’t talk to him, she couldn’t accept him. He was gay and that went against everything she believed in.

Kibum wiped his tired eyes and decided that he should at least try to get some sleep. He lay in his bed and closed his eyes, replaying the moments he’d spent with the most perfect guy only hours ago. His finger went to his lips again; he could still feel the warmth and the softness of Minho’s lips on his. That where his fingers stayed as he drifted off to sleep.

 

{A/N}

Ok, that was the longest chapter I’ve ever written before. I hope you guys like my story so far. Sorry it’s a little fast, but it’s supposed to be. I don’t want to outline every single detail of their relationship because its rally unnecessary. But I will cover every milestone relationships hit plus some random cute fluffy chapters that make you say “Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww”. So yeah.

Thank you for subscribing and thank you for your comments!

Continue to subscribe and comment!

SILENT READERS… Y U NO COMMENT?!

Yeoleobun~~ Annyeong~~