Old Love and Sweet Melodies:Journey (Part 2) (Chapter 9)

Old Love and Sweet Melodies

 

“Ok,” the Angel whispers. “Just do what I say, and no one gets held back. Got that?” He looks over his shoulders and sees Aiba behind Ohno nod, and Ohno followed after.
 
“Good!” The Angel puts his hand out. “Let’s do this!”
 
With all their hands joined in the middle, the three looked at each other with hope, and pulled back, their backs already against a wall.
 
+++
 
Somewhere in the middle of the white room, while the three were hiding in shadows, there was a loud ruckus about two humans crashing in Heaven and disturbing other Angels. As Ohno listened to these Angels talk, he realizes that they were talking about him and Aiba. He heard things from them like: putting their faces on wanted posters, or keeping them in Heaven until their souls wanted out, and other complicated things Ohno couldn’t understand.
 
“In about five minutes,” Jun drops back down, “they are going to leave and we will go inside the main room and drink their special potion.”
 
Behind Ohno, he could feel Aiba fidget in his position. “Oh!” He hears Aiba. “What’s the special potion?”
 
“Ssh!” Jun shushes the boy. “Not so loud!” He goes up a little and looks over the wall to make sure the Superior Angels didn’t hear them. 
 
“This special potion,” The Angel starts, “My friend told me that it grants you any wish you want. But I don’t know how he knows this; rumors spread around.”
 
“Ooooh,” Aiba nods his head against Ohno’s back. “How many are there?”
 
“Good question,” Jun looks over the wall again and comes back down. “But I don’t know how many there are.”
 
 “Oh,” Ohno hears Aiba sigh.
 
After waiting for a couple of more minutes, the Superiors finally left for dinner and the trio stood up, their hind legs poised ready to run. When finally getting out from their wall, Jun ran, Ohno followed, and Aiba was behind the two when something interesting catches Ohno’s sight.
 
Ohno gasps. “You’re a Superior too?!” He swore he heard the sound of screeching when Jun stopped running. 
 
“Yes,” He hears the Angel whisper softly. “I am.”
 
Ohno didn’t miss the sadness in his voice, asking himself why an Angel would be so unhappy when obviously, he moved on. And if he was a Superior, why would he risk everything just to save him and Aiba?
 
“Anyways,” the Angel interrupts his thoughts. “Let’s get moving; someone may come any minute through that door.”
 
Ohno looks to his left and sees this massive door that a ten feet giant can pass through. Why would they need such a huge door? Taking Alba’s hand in his, he ran and followed the Angel to the rendezvous. 
 
When they made it in, Ohno was taken back and so was the little boy. The angelic room allured Ohno to the transparent walls as he glued his face on it, and watched everything that happened back in Earth. Suddenly, the images turned dark and he could see Nino with the stranger by his side. How did it-
 
“Oh,” The Angel walks up to him. “The wall shows you want you are thinking of, and what you want.” 
 
So Ohno looks around, and sees that the wall was decorated with whatever was in his mind: a fishing pole there, a painting he painted a long time ago over there, Nino as a kid and running after him on the ceiling, Nino smiling near a corner, Nino calling his name, so on and so forth.
 
“Come!” The Angel pulls Ohno by the wrist. “There’s no time!”
 
Ohno takes one last look at Nino smiling, before moving to the center of the room, three glowing bottles in the middle. “Wow,” Ohno’s eyes glowed along with the bottle. “Beautiful…”
 
“I know,” He hears the Angel sigh besides him. “I never thought I could ever see this up close.”
 
“Yeah,” Ohno nods his head.
 
“Come on!” Aiba pulls both of the men. “Let’s drink it! (This dream is so fun!).”
 
Taking the first bottle, he opens it and a huge blast of power throws itself on Ohno’s face, but that doesn’t stop him. He puts the rim on the bottle of his lips and tilts it a little. 
 
To be with Nino forever and die besides him, Ohno chants his wish in his mind. To be with Nino forever and die besides him, to be with Nino…
 
+
 
When Ohno opens his eyes, he finds himself laying on the hard and familiar floor. He immediately sits up, looks around him, and his eyes soften. He sees Aiba evenly breathing, not awake yet, and Nino sleeping so close to the boy. Ohno smiles. 
 
“Wake up,” Ohno nudges Aiba. “It’s morning.”
 
The little boy opens his eyes, and squints. “Huh?”
 
“Wake up,” He repeats.
 
And so the boy gets up, rubs his eyes with the back of his hands, and opens his arms wide open giving Ohno a huge bear hug. “We made it!” Aiba squeezes Ohno. “We made it out!”
 
“Yeah!” Ohno cheers with him. “We did it!” But one question stays in his mind: What happened to the Angel that helped them?
 
“Shut up,” He hears Nino grumble. “I need to sleep.”
 
Ohno glares at him and wakes the young man up by kissing his cheek, not caring how his young master will react.
 
“The !” Nino cursed as he pushed Ohno away from him. “I brought you here because you seemed cold last night; not to make out with me!!”
 
Ohno doesn’t mind his young master’s rudeness as he was already used to it, and just laughed. He laughed so hard that he had to hold his stomach as tears were coming out from his eyes. Ohno laughed because he was happy that he was besides Nino; not that his young master was being adorable at the moment. And that he wanted to laugh in such a long time.
 
“Niichan!” Aiba hugs Nino. “I had such a cool dream!”
 
“Oh really,” He sees Nino’s eyes soften a bit. “Tell me about it.”
 
Ohno pouted, his young master completely forgot about him again.
 
+++
 
“Ow!” He winces as he rubbed his head. “That hurts.” In the complete and utter darkness, he only hears his breathing, determined to dig his way out of his own coffin.
 
After hours, or what seemed like hours, of digging his way up, his hand shoots out of the ground as he helped himself off the ground. Good thing there weren’t people around so they wouldn’t run around and claim that zombies are real. But he wasn’t a zombie. He brings his arms to the front, his skin already formed as it glowed under the shining sun. He touches his face, and his features were left the same before he died. He knows he would be happy back up in Heaven, but his heart and his feelings lingered on back to the person he loved. He really regretted ever trying to kill himself for some stupid small reason. With his same features and a new life, he sets out to find the purpose his reason of going back to Earth.
 
+
 
“Oof!” He bumps into someone. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to!” He immediately bows, and this person just laughs, telling him that it was ok. That laugh, he tells himself, it’s so familiar. When he looks up, he sees the person he bumps into already walking away. This person had such dirty clothes, and questioning hair, but those shoulders, they sloped so much just like…
 
“Hey!” he ran after this person. “I- uh-”
 
The latter turns around and before he could say something to him, his eyes widen and grabs him by the wrist, running to what seemed like a secluded place.
 
“J-Jun!” The latter sputters his name out. “What- How did-When-”
 
Jun puts his finger over the latter’s lips and goes closer until their faces were just inches apart. “I missed you so much, Sakurai Sho,” Jun whispers, and places his lips on Sho’s mouth.
 
+++
 
“Leave!” Nino pushes Ohno out of the alley. “We don’t need you. Masaki and I can handle everything ourselves.”
 
But Ohno doesn’t listen and walks to Aiba, grabbing him by the waist. “If I leave, Aiba is coming with me to the mansion. He’ll be Takuya’s brother.”
 
“No!” Nino yells and grabs Aiba back, but couldn’t. “Give him!”
 
“No,” Ohno turns around and starts walking away. “Not until you let me stay with you and Aiba.”
 
He hears Nino stomp his foot hard on the floor, cursing out loud and adding Ohno’s name. “ it!” He hears Nino curse. “You can… stay.”
 
“Yay!” Aiba yells as he drops on the floor. “Oh-chan can stay!”
 
Yes,” Nino gritted his teeth. “He can stay.”
 
“Thank you,” Ohno bows. “Now can you start addressing me as Ohno?”
 
He sees Nino turn his head sideways as his fist formed into balls. “Fine,” Nino turns his attention back to him, “Ohno.”
 
+++
 
“But you’re dead,” Sho sobbed. “How could this be? Am I dreaming?” Sho pinches himself, but that didn’t work since he made a face after and turned to face Jun again.
 
“This is impossible.”
 
“Actually,” Jun hugs his lover. “It’s not. It’s what we call a miracle.”
 
“Who’s we?”
 
“A group of people I know,” he smirks. Turning his lover around so they were face to face, Jun kissed him one more time and rested his head on the man’s sloping shoulders.
 
“You’re weird,” He hears Sho chuckle.
 
TBC