A Disaster

Pssst, Niel and I Are D-a-t-i-n-g!

"Welcome to Super Star Show, please welcome our guest star for today, TEEN TOP!" The crowd goes wild at the sight of the popular boyband, each rooting on their own bias and spazzing on how cool, handsome, and perfect they all are.

.....

"So, Niel, are you dating anyone?" The MC asks the common question.

Niel smiles and casually says, "No."

I don't even feel anything anymore. I'm happy with him, and I don't need anyone to know about us to prove that.

...

"Yo, Byunghun oppa!" I smile as he ruffles my hair. I greeted the other as each walk in the backstage room.

"Oppa, how's your day?" I ask as soon as my boyfriend comes into view, laughing and joking with Chunji oppa. Yes, people. He's taken. By the ever-so-ordinary me. The rest of Teen Top only knew that me and Niel are best friends, nothing more.

"Taehui-ah!" He brighten up and hugs me.

"Ew, get away! You're stinky!" I pried him off me and toss him a small towel. .

He just sticks his tongue out and wipe off his forhead.

"You did well on the performance, by the way." I mumbled as I helped him tidy up his stuffs.

"Of course, I was doing it for you," He flirts as I roll my eyes.

I zip his bag and patted it, then plop myself unto a sofa. Soon enough, an annoying hand tickles my stomach.

"Taehui-ah, wait here while I get changed, okay?" I just yelled a 'Yes' as I take my revenge on Byunghun oppa. "YAH!!!!!!" I yelled as I chase him around the room. I am a rather fast runner and, sure enough, in seconds I tackled him and put him into a headlock.

"Hey, kids, stop!" CAP oppa yelled, and I tell you, when he yell, everybody stops. Every.body. I freeze and take my hand off Byunghun who sticks out his tongue to me, but definitely regret it as I step on his feet so hard he can't even shout. He hold his feet while wincing, me smiling and calmly sit back down on the couch, looking as innocent as an angel.

"This is not over," Byunghun oppa mouthed as he wince once again. Oops, I forgot they're making a comeback soon. Oh, well.. I just smile sweetly and play with my phone.

"Taehui-ah, kaja." Niel stepped out with a casual sweatshirt with a hood and a wig on. Yea, it's one of the downside of dating an idol. Even on dates you have to go undercover.

Speaking of which, I ruffled my bag for my own wig and glasses... Wait. It was there, I swear. I ruffled again, and in the end poured all of my postman bag's content. Crap, I didn't bring my disguise.

I smile sheepishly at Niel who just sighed and took off his sweatshirt and told me to put them on. I just did it without hesitation. I mean, we've been through this like what, ten, twenty times? No one has found out, so.. It won't be any different, right?

W-R-O-N-G.

I was just stepping out of an accessories shop, Niel insisting on us buying a couple ring. I'm not really a fan of those stuffs, but since I'm having it with Niel, I decided it's fine.

Just as we walked out of the shop, Niel's wig was stuck on a rack. Niel who didn't realize just walk and, of course the wig fell off. Just our luck, too, the shopkeeper was an Angel.

How did I know? Well, you would too. Her whole desk is full of Teen Top's photos. And Niel seemed to be her bias, too, based on a band with 'NIEL <3' printed on it around her wrist.

She in instinct flipped out her phone and ignored our pleas. She just snorted as she pull off my hoodie, "Tch. If I knew this were your standard, I would have auditioned for the position of your girlfriend."

I saw Niel tighten his fist, and I dragged him out of the store before he could do something stupid.

 

So here we are, in T.O.P entertainment's office, in front of Teen Top's manager, with several newspapers spread on the table. 

"So?" The manager reffers to one of the newspaper, Teen Top's Niel fooled us all, what else could he had been lying about? 

I read one of the others, The Angels don't think she's good enough? and, Teen Top's fancafe's users dropped, and Me2day account unfriended?

"Sorry." I say, almost inaudible. No, I'm not sad or anything, I couldn't care less about what other think of me. But, Teen Top's reputation is ruined, and I'm not happy for that.

"What do you want us to do, hyung?" Niel asks the manager.

"I don't know, sajangnim's pretty upset, though. You should start thinking of an excuse. Anything can happen." And by that, he walks out the door, leaving his sentences replaying in our ears.

"Taehui-ah, no matter what, promise me you won't leave me, ara? None of this is your fault." Niel looks at me and I smile, but really, I don't know.

I mean, I'm not a crybaby or anything, but this is.. new. I've never been judged and dissed this way before. I used to be the girl everyone feared. But this.. Angel's power is way beyond mine.

 

I'm staring out the window in Teen Top’s unused practice room. Teen Top’s environments are all already like a second home to me.

 

Come to think about it, who am I? I only got to know Teen Top because of Chunji oppa-he was my sunbae in high school, the one who introduced me to all the other Teen Top’s members.

Sure, the first time I saw Niel, I instantly had a crush on him. Who wouldn’t? He’s charming as hell, duh.

 

Suddenly someone said, “Boo!” right in front of my left ear, making me slap him in reflex.

“Ow!” I looked to my left to Chunji oppa. Thank God, I do need him right now. He’s sort of my best friend since he give really good advice. But even him didn’t know about me and Niel.. or so I thought?

 

“You know, I knew from a long time ago,” He spit out the sentence and he had my whole attention.

“Why did you never mention it to me?”

“Why should I? There’s nothing wrong with loving someone, even though he’s an idol or anything.” He shrugged as if it’s a small matter.

“Sure, it’s easy for you to say, because I’m the one going through this,” I bury my face into my hands.

 

“What should I do?” I ask Chunji after a long silence.

“You shan't ask me. The answer is there.” He says as he points to my chest, where my heart is.

I just sighed and asked him, "How's Teen Top reacting to this?" I feel really bad that they're taking the blame.

"We're fine, they're all worried for you. This kind of hassle isn't nothing new for us. It's our consequences the moment we signed with T.O.P," He smiled as he pulled me into a brotherly hug. I just space out, thinking about what we're going to do.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, sajangnim," Me and Niel chorus at the sight of Andy Lee, yeah, he's like T.O.P's CEO, I guess? I don't really know.

"Annyeonghaseyo, please sit." He gestures to the chairs.

"So, the media hasn't found out your identities yet, due to your hoodie covering most of your face. From now on you have to be careful. okay?" He pauses and I nodded befor he continues, "so I have decided that we," I bite my lips out of nerve.

"are going to make Teen Top go on a hiatus." Crap. What have I done?!

"But they've scheduled a comeback." I say, confused.

"It's no use making a comeback now, the fans would just ignore it and even mock it. It's best to lay low for a while, until the mob cools down a bit, also while we think about the next step."

"Neh, sajangnim." We both reply weakly.