Lunch Date~

Lunch Date.

 

Students pour out of the class rooms, hustling and bustling to get to the cafeteria. On any other normal day, I'd be right behind them, getting bumped and pushed down the stairs, but not today. No, today I was waiting for someone. 
 
"There you are! Are you ready?" 
 
I turn my head to see Jinki walking down the hall towards me, smiling. I can't help but smile back. Today, I was having my first "date." Well, not really a date. We were having lunch together. But not only was I having lunch with someone, I was having lunch with Lee Jinki - someone I have actual, legitimate feelings for.  Feelings that have been present for quite some time now.
 
"Hey~ I'm ready."
 
We walked down the hallway side by side, approacing a set of stairs. When we got to the top, Jinki pulled open the door, letting light flood onto the staircase. A soft breeze twirled through my hair as I stepped out onto the ceiling of the school. 
 
There's nobody else up here except for the pair of us. A couple of old picnic tables and benches lay along the edges. The small rocks that covered the roof crunch together under our feet. I peek through the chain link fence to take in the scene below. Other students walk in pairs and large groups around the school grounds, sipping on cans of soda and chewing their lunches.
 
Jinki sits at one of the picnic tables, motioning for me to sit in front of him. I walk around the table as he takes two brown paper bags and sets them on the table. One for me, and one for him. He's so cute~ I think to myself, eyeing him as I sit down.
 
He smiles slightly as he shoves one of the bags over towards me. "This one's yours. I made it for you."
 
"Thanks." I smile. "It looks really delicious."
 
After a few minutes of small talk, we stop talking, concentrating on our lunches. The food he had prepared was actually really impressing.  The last time I tasted food this good was at my grandmothers, and I don't see her very often. 
 
As time goes on, I start thinking about things I could possibly say. I'm naturally a slow eater, so Jinki finishes before I do. Crumbling up his bag, he omits a contented noise.
 
"That was good," he starts, "are you thirsty?" 
 
I nod, swallowing. "Yes please."
 
Reaching down into his bag, he pulls out two bottles of strawberry milk. Keeping one for himself, he leans over the table slightly to give me it.
 
"Thank you~" 
 
He smiles at me, poking his straw into his milk. We both slurp away for a few seconds before Jinki breaks the silence.
 
"So _______, how do you like it up here?"
 
"It's actually really nice... The view is beautiful.  Thanks for inviting me up here." I pause. "And for the lunch too."
 
Jinki smiles widely, glad that I enjoyed his meal. "No problem! I'm glad you agreed to come to lunch with me."
 
He barely finished talking when the bell signaling the end of lunch rings. I frown slightly, knowing that our lunch date is over. I clamber out of the table, picking up my bag and cleaning up any mess that I made. Together, we walk back across the roof, opening the door. Side by side we head down the stairs, back toward my class room. No one is inside yet, so we stand there together for a bit.
 
"Thank you again for asking me to lunch. It was great."
 
"No problem!" He smiles. "I better get to class. I'll see you later, okay?" 
 
Before I know it, Jinki places a soft kiss on my cheek and starts quickly down the hallway. People start to fill in the class room as I stand there, contemplating what has just happened. A smile slowly spreads across my face. Maybe there might just be a real date between Jinki and I. On that note, I walk into my class room and sit at my desk. Well, I think to myself, today is good.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Give me feedback pleasu? o 3 o