Flour

Flour

 

"Hyung, you have to help me!" D.O pleaded.

"I don't know..." Suho said hesitantly, looking down at the sheet music with the new song he was currently working on, "I'm kinda busy right now."

D.O moved from his chair over to Suho and kneeled down in front of him, hands clasped under his chin in a begging manner.

"Please?" he asked with wide eyes.

Suho let out a defeated sigh. He always had a soft spot for D.O's big eyes. "Fine, I'll help you," Suho told the younger boy in a tired voice.

"Thanks, Hyung!" D.O cried as he attacked Suho in a hug and Suho gently patted D.O's back. 

Although many people would think that D.O and Baekhyun were the romanticists of Exo-K, it was actually Suho. Behind his cheery smile and innocent looks, Suho was a ladies man, and all of the Exo members knew it. And that is why D.O went to him for help.

"Okay," D.O said after pulling away from Suho, "so I asked ______ out on a date."

"Okay," Suho nodded, taking in the information his dongsaeng just gave him.

Suho then waited for D.O to give him more details. But instead, there was an awkward silence as the two idols stared at each other, neither of them talking.

"And?" Suho asked, trying to get his dongsaeng to explain more about his dilemma. 

"That's it," D.O said with a blank look on his face.

"That's it?"

D.O nodded his head.

"Kyungsoo-yah! You have to help me here," Suho said, starting to get frustrated.

"I thought you were supposed to be helping me," Kyungsoo said innocently. 

Suho let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose with his pointer and thumb. This boy really did need help.

"Why did you ask ______ out?" Suho asked tiredly. 

D.O's face immediately lit up at the mention of your name, "Because I'm in love with her!" he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

Suho smiled at his blunt reply, "Why are you in love with her?"

"Because she's nice and smart and funny and pretty and really into cooking like I am," he answered, "She's perfect, hyung, PERFECT!"

"Well, it seems like you have your feelings figured out, Kyungsoo-ah," Suho laughed, "What are you going to do on your date?"

"I don't know, that's the problem," D.O told him.

"Oh, so that's why you came to me for help," Suho nodded.

"Yup, so what do I do?"

"Hmmmmm," Suho said, his pointer finger tapping his chin, "Well, you both like cooking, why don't you do something with food?"

"Like make her dinner or something?" D.O asked for approval.

"Nah, that's too common," Suho said as he shook his head, "Try think of something a little more creative."

After a few moments of silence, an idea popped into D.O's head.

"I think I got it!" he exclaimed, "Thanks, hyung!"

Suho smiled and nodded his head as he watched D.O race out of his bedroom.

---

You stared up at the tall apartment building and checked your phone once more to make sure you were at the right address that D.O texted to you. You walked inside of the building and entered the elevator, pressing the button that would take you up to the fifth floor. 

'506, 507, 508,' you looked at the numbers on the doors as you walked down the hall and stopped at the door that had a small plaque with the number '509' on it. You lightly knocked on the door and stepped back, adjusting your hair and clothes as you heard someone coming to open the door. 

"Hey!" D.O said after he opened the door.

"Hi," you smiled back.

"Come on in!" he said and stepped aside, allowing you to walk through the doorway.

After taking off your shoes, you stepped into the apartment and looked around.

"Wow, so this is Exo-K's dorm. It's much cleaned that I thought it would be," you said, giving D.O a teasing smile. 

D.O rolled his eye, "Just leave your bag on the couch and follow me."

You placed your purse on the sofa next to you and followed D.O into the kitchen. There you saw a bunch of mixing bowls, cooking utensils, and ingredients all laid out neatly on the counter. 

D.O saw you give him a confused look.

"We're going to bake," he smiled.

"Bake? Bake what?" you asked.

"Cake pops!"

You gasped, "I've always wanted to try baking cake pops!"

"Yeah I know," D.O said as he bit his bottom lip, embarrassed, "You told me that when we first met."

You smiled and ducked your head towards the ground, trying to hide the blush that was slowly coloring your cheeks. You were touched that he remembered something so minuscule about you. 

D.O clapped his hands, "Well, let's get started!"

You nodded your head and went over to the sink to wash you hands. As you turned the faucet, you felt a pair of hands start to gather up your hair from behind you. You tipped your head backwards to see D.O standing behind you, gathering your hair into a ponytail. 

"Do you have a hairband?" he asked.

You took the one off your wrist and handed it to him and proceeded to wash your hands.

D.O smoothly tied up your hand and patted your head when he was done. He then shocked you by reaching over your shoulders to wash his hands as well, trapping you in between his arms. When he was done, he grinned down at you and went over to the counter with all the ingredients. 

You shook your head and walked over to him.

"So what do we do first, Master Chef?" you asked with your hands on your waist.

"Well just follow the recipe that I found online," he chuckled.

You nodded your head and the two of you went to work. You baked the cake and prepared the frosting that was going to act as a glue for the cake pops. You also prepared the chocolate that was going to be used the outer shell of the pops. 

When the cake was done cooling, the both of you then crumbled the cake and mixed in the frosting. D.O then made the cake into small spheres and you stuck the lollipop sicks into each one. You watched as D.O expertly dipped the pops into the melted chocolate and placed them on a cookie sheet. You slid the tray into the freezer and closed the door.

"Now we just have to wait for them to harden," he told you as he read the instructions again.

You nodded your head. 'What are we going to do now?' you thought. You smirked and scooped a little bit of flour from the open bag that was on the counter onto your finger.

"D.O?" you called.

"Hmmm?" he said and looked down at you.

"You have a little flour on your face," you said innocently.

"Where?" he asked, wiping his hand across his face.

"Right there," you said and swiped your finger that was covered in flour across this nose.

Shocked, D.O touched his nose to see flour now on his hand. He looked up to see you covering your mouth, laughing at your own little prank. 

Nodding his head with a bitter smile, D.O scooped some flour into his hands that was spilled onto the counter while you two were baking.

"______?"

You looked up at him and froze when he patted both your cheeks with his hands that were also covered in flour, leaving two flour hand prints on the sides of your face.

"You have some flour on your face too," he laughed. 

With your jaw dropped, you grabbed a handful of flour from the bag and threw it at D.O and soon enough, the two of you were engaged in a full blown flour war. 

At one point, you were left without amo and D.O was in control of the bag. Your eyes widened as you saw him making his way towards you, a smirk on his face.

"Please don't," you begged.

"Remember, you started this," he reminded you.

You let out a small squeal as you ran to the other side of the kitchen. D.O set the bag down on the counter and ran after you and caught you by the waist from behind. The two of you started laughing as you waddled backwards until D.O's lower back hit the edge of the counter. 

Another wave of laughter hit the both of you when you turned around in his arms and the two of you saw each other's flour covered faces.

"You have a little flour here," D.O whispered and wiped some flour off of your nose. 

"And you have some here," you giggled and wiped some flour off his cheek using you thumb. 

You wrapped your arms around his neck as he pulled you closer and gave you a sweet, or in this case, flour-y kiss on your lips. 

---

"Good job. I think you're done for today," the producer said to Suho as he walked out of the recording booth.

"Thank you," he smiled and gave the producer a bow. 

His manager handed Suho his phone, "I think D.O sent you a message."

Unlocking his phone, Suho saw that he indeed did receive a message from D.O while he was recording. When he opened the message, a picture of you and D.O smiling at the camera, covered in flour while holding a tray of decorated cake pops showed up on the screen. Under the picture there was a message saying, 'Next date, we're making cookies ^^'.

Shaking his head, Suho locked his phone and slipped it into his pocket. 

'Another love life saved thanks to Kim Joonmyun,' he thought with a smug smile on his face as he followed his manager out of the recording studio.