Warrior

No Mercy

- Jongup's P.O.V -

(flashback continued)

I woke up the next morning with an uneasy feeling but quickly shook it off, thinking that there was no way anything could happen while I had my family and the sun was shining. It was a beautiful day out and I wouldn't let anything ruin that. I quickly got dressed in a pair of sweats and a tank top and threw one of my sweaters over top, then quietly snuck out of my room so I didn't wake up the other 4 that I shared a room.

Almost every morning I got up earlier than everyone so I could spend time in our studio room, the room we use to practice our dancing, rapping or singing. I liked to have some time to myself in the morning and just dance. It made me forget all my worries and I could just get lost in it. Setting my alarm for an hour from now I turned some music on and just started to move.

Once the hour was up, I forced myself to have a quick shower because I had to cook breakfast for everyone else since I was always the first one up. As I stepped out of the shower I could smell something burning and ran to the kitchen, thinking someone had left something on our stove last night. I was startled when I entered the room and saw Minsoo hyung standing over the stove cursing and trying his best to save what was left of the bacon. A huge grin spread across my face at the strange sight because hyung was always the last one up and never cooked since it always ended in disaster. Minsoo must have heard me enter since he turned around and tried to hide the bacon, which was beyond saving at this point, behind his back and gave me a sheepish grin.

"What's with the treat, hyung?" I asked, "You don't usually buy something like this cause it's too expensive."

"I just... Thought it would be nice to have for a change," he muttered just loud enough for me to hear.

I could tell he was hiding something but didn't push anything because I knew he would tell us in his own time. "Move over, let me see if I can salvage any of it." I offered. He stepped aside and showed me the extent of the damage he had created. I tried to hide my next grin but it didn't work, it must have been contagious, though, because I looked over at hyung and could see him trying to suppress his own smile. Both of us started to laugh at what happened and that's how the rest of the members found us. They must have woken up to the smell of burning and loud noises in the kitchen.

After we finally had breakfast (made by me after I kicked hyung out of the kitchen) Minsoo put on a grave face and told us he needed to tell us all something so we needed to get ready and meet in the studio room as soon as possible.

When everyone had finally gathered Minsoo cleared his throat and began. "I don't really know how to tell everyone this but... I've made a mistake and dragged all of you into it. That 5 member idol group, who call themselves Infinite, initiated a challenge that I should have ignored but I didn't. Basically it's just a dance battle, us versus them, however if we lose," Hyung paused here, as if he was afraid if he said it out lous that it would actually come true. "If we lose we will have to separate and each of us will be taken into a different entertainment agency."

There was murmuring around me as the others talked about it but I could just sit there in stunned silence. If we lost this battle then I would lose everything. If it hadn't been for the hyungs I don't know where my life would have taken me but it certainly wouldn't have been anywhere good. This was my family noe and I don't know if I would be able to survive without them. But it just made me more determined to win this battle.

Two hours later we were all gathered at the park nearby our house. We'd done a ton of practicing for those two hours and we all felt pretty confident about our abilities. A few minutes later Infinite arrived as well. They all looked smug about their professional training and it started to worry me just a little.

Without any exchanging of greetings, except the glares we shot each other, we began. We were the first to start so we began with a little freestyle. When my turn came up to dance I stumbled halfway through and I knew from that point that unless they made a fatal mistake we were in big trouble. I sat back and watched as they started to move more as a group. They were perfectly insync and I knew we had lost. I'm pretty sure the others noticed it as well because they all looked defeated. Once Inifinite was finshed and the cheering died down, one of the members, who I didn't know, came over and handed Minsoo hyung an envelope. I would have bet my talent that it contained our futures in it. Without a word, he turned back and they promptly left.

We all knew this would probably be our last day together so instead of sulking and moping about, we decided to make the most of it. On the way home, hyung treated us all to chili crab.