This Time is Over

No Mercy

 

- Jongup's P.O.V -
 
"Hyuuuuuung~" I whined to Minsoo, knowing I was getting on his nerves. I'd been clinging to his arm trying to get him to stop walking for 5 minutes so he could explain what he had just done. "Did you really have to go that far?" Finally he stopped and spun to face me.
 
"Yes! It was the only way they'd stop taunting us!" he snapped at me. My face must have shown the shock I felt at him snapping because hyung closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying his best to calm down.
 
"Sorry, hyung" I mumbled as I continued walking. I hung my head and must have looked absolutely miserable because Minsoo placed a hand on my shoulder and stopped me.
 
"Look, I'm sorry, Jongup. I didn't mean to snap at you, I'm just annoyed at what happened." I just nodded my head and turned to walk away again. Seeing that I still wasn't cheered up, hyung continued talking "Alright, how about this: I'll buy some chili crab for dinner tonight."
 
I couldn't stop the smile from growing on my face "Chili crab~ Chili crab~" I chanted. As I got more into my little chant I began expressing it with my body as well. (*for those who don't know what I'm referring to, go and watch B.A.P diary ep 1 from 2:15 to about 2:30).
 
I glanced at Minsoo hyung as a small smile started tugging at the corners of his lips and knew I'd succeeded in cheering him up. Satisfied, I waved at the other members to catch up since they were always scared when hyung was in a bad mood. With the issue temporarily forgotten, all six of us, Minsoo hyung, Myungsoo, Baro, Dongho and JB, went out for a carefree dinner of chili crab and fun. None of us were thinking about what the future would mean for us or that we may not always be together just the 6 of us the same way again.
 
< flashback a few hours>
- Minsoo's P.O.V -
 
I sat at the window ledge of our run down apartment, starring at the night sky. A shooting star flew past and I quickly made a wish that the 6 of us could one day move into a better place. I didn't really believe in wishing on a star, but there was really no harm in trying.
 
I wasn't sure what had woken me up this early in the morning except that I'd had a terrible feeling about the dance battle we were participating in. Being a group of street dancers, these battles were the only way we could make any money besides those of us who were older and could work part time since the younger ones had to go to school, even though we could barely afford it.
 
"Couldn't sleep well?" a voice said behind me.
 
"Myungsoo-ah, should we really be doing this?" I said without turning around. I felt Myungsoo sit beside me.
 
"No, we should be sleeping and getting ready for the battle today." He replied.
 
I sighed. "That's not what I mean. I meant, should we really be dragging these kids into street life with us?"
 
"What's gotten into you? This isn't like you at all."
"It's just... These kids could be living a better life with a real family right now."
 
"Your wrong. First, they're not really kids anymore, there's only a few years difference between us all. And second, if it hadn't been for us then those kids would probably be in jail, dead after a gang war or living off garbage. Remember when we found Dongho? He'd been abandoned by his family and the orphanage and was living off scraps." Myungsoo had raised his voice slightly at the end but quickly lowered it again because of our paper thin walls.
 
"I know that you're right but I just can't help but to think that they should have a better life than this."
"Of course, every parent wants his kids to have the best life." He jokingly said. "But honestly, I think they're happy here. They have a family to lean on, food to eat and we've managed to keep them in school. They feel a connection with the others knowing that they've all been through the same thing. It's the only place they really fit in." Myungsoo finished.
 
I sighed again. "You always have to make sense, don't you?" I asked as I playfully punched him. He grabbed me in a head lock and ruffled my hair. Myungsoo may have been a few months older than me but I was the leader of our little group and could easily beat him in strength if I'd wanted to. Instead, I let him do it, enjoying the feeling of having such an amazing friend and knowing it wouldn't last forever.
 
 
If you're all still confused about what happened, please bear with me, it'll all be explained soon!!!!