Forever Running

Forever Running

        I was running and didn't know why. I was out of breath and could feel my heart racing, but I couldn’t stop running. I was running down an endless dark hallway, and wondered when or if it would ever end. Then, I saw a small light. A light so small, it looked like it would disappear any second. So I kept running, gasping for air, reaching my hand out to try to grasp that tiny light before it disappears completely. And then, it was all gone. Everything disappeared. It disappeared because that endless dark hallway was no longer dark. It wasn't even a hallway, but a huge pure white room that looked as if the walls weren't even there. I looked around anxiously for some kind of trace of someone or something that could explain this all to me.

        Then, someone behind me cleared their throat. My eyes widened, and I spun around to see a young teenager, maybe 17 years old smiling angelically at me; his pearly whites shining as if they were stars. His hair was a warm brown color, his skin was fair and flawless, his smile sweet and kind. He was staring straight at me with his arms crossed comfortably across his chest. I was confused. Why would why would this angel-like man be staring at me? I'm a nerd, a loner, an outcast, an unsociable 16 year-old nobody; there has to be someone else he's looking at. It can't be me.

        Then I stepped back, not wanting to believe that this was happening. I ran into two hands that softly pushed against my back to keep me from bumping into their owner. I then slowly turned my head to see my ex-boyfriend, Henry. "H-Henry! W-what are you doing here?" I asked, blushing. I still liked him, even after he cheated on me with whom I thought was my best friend since day care, Yumi. I was heartbroken and left in the shadows by the person who I thought was the one and by my so-called best friend. I liked him so much from the time that he came to my middle school-which is an all girl's school-and confessed to me during my basketball practice till even now. He broke up with me after giving me flowers at my middle school graduation, and that was a month after I found out that he was cheating on me with Yumi. When I got home that night, I ripped the graduation card to shreds. And then collected all of the pictures I had of Yumi and Henry, went to the backyard, ripped them to shreds and burned them.

I quickly moved away from him and stopped when I was right between him and the beautiful stranger. Looking back and forth between the two of them, I started to tremble and the palms of my hands were getting sweaty. I wasn't sure what to do until a pair of arms came from behind me and gently wrapped themselves around my waist. Quickly, I turned to check that it wasn't Henry, he was just standing where he was when he first appeared. I turned to check for the stranger, but he was gone. Then, a chin rested on my shoulder and I turned to see the stranger's beautiful smiling face staring intently at me. He then kissed my cheek which made me turn to look at him again, and this time, he quickly pecked me on the lips. My eyes widened and then he smiled at me with a satisfied look for what he did. I turned my head to see Henry's reaction. He was shocked too, but his mouth was wide open as he stared at us. The stranger placed his chin on my shoulder once again but this time, he leaned his head against the side of mine.

        I couldn't move and I felt like I was an ice sculpture, melting in the sun, but I wasn't melting from the sun, I was melting from all of the tension in the room. When the stranger noticed that I was sweating, he lifted his head off of my shoulder and turned to face me. He stared at my face and then asked in a worried tone, "__________-ah, are you okay? Are you sick? Do you hurt anywhere?"

        Then, he lifted one of his hands and put it gently against my forehead, and then moved it, placing it back where it was earlier, wrapped around my waist. "You don't have a fever though," he told me.

"What's your relationship?" Henry asked quickly, glaring at him.

"Relationship?" I asked, wondering what he meant.

"Your relationship with him," he said, pointing at the man.

        I turned to see the man with a serious expression displayed on his face. I stared back and forth between the two of them, if this was a comic, there would be sparks or laser beams coming out of their eyes as they glared at each other.

        Then, out of nowhere, the man turned his serious expression into a cheerful and loveable one. I was so confused, but I've seen something like this before....but those people were bi-polar. And I don't think that he is......or could he be? My eyebrows fused together in frustration. He then un-wrapped his arms from my waist and then he turned me around and hugged me. I had no choice but to keep my arms on his chest because I couldn't move them. But it was comfortable. The way he held me in his arms, one arm across my back and the other gently petted my hair; it felt as if I was made to fit in his arms like that. I closed my eyes for a little while, imagining that Henry wasn't here and it was just the two of us. And then I started to have flashbacks of Henry and me. When I saw those flashbacks in my mind, I saw how happy we were together, and how when we were together, we seemed so inseparable.

        And then I remembered the time I forgot my cell phone in the school library and went back to retrieve it after school, and when I got it and was about to leave, I saw him and Yumi making out outside, right in front of the window. I clearly remember hiding behind under the window, crying as I felt the pain hit me like a ton of bricks. Although my heart felt like it shattered, I acted like I never saw what happened and like everything was okay. Then, my eyes opened, I was looking at the ceiling and still laying down, I looked around me, I was lying in a bed and the man was laying down beside on the hard floor, holding my hand. 

        I looked around some more, and then I saw Henry siting on a chair behind me, several feet away. He was also sleeping, but he had his arms crossed lazily on his chest. Then, I heard the stranger groan as he woke up so I turned my head to look at him. He slowly opened his eyes, and when he saw me, he smiled at me sweetly and said, "You awake now?"

        I smiled sweetly back at him and his eyes grew wider for a second, and then he smiled back at me. Then I answered, "Yup." Then we both sat up and looked back at each other.

        Then, he leaned closer to me and my heart started to beat like crazy. Doogun doogun doogun (sfx for a beating hear in korean). He kept moving closer to me, but not with a smile, but he had a serious look on his face. It wasn't like before, but this time, his eyes looked like they were longing for something, and they were pulling me to him and then I felt like I had to protect him. He seemed kind of vulnerable, and weak, but yet so strong. When he got close to me, he slowly closed his eyes and so did I. Then he kissed me on the lips. It made me feel so blissful and calm, and loved. I never had this feeling even when I was with Henry; I was so happy. "What are you doing?!" And then, the moment was ruined.

        We pulled away from each other, and then we both turned to see Henry standing in front of us, furious. As he glared at the man, his eyes were filled with hatred and anger.

        “I told you, she’s mine and to leave her alone!” Henry yelled at him.

        “No. She’s my girl now leave.” The man answered calmly. Then, Henry disappeared. It was as if he was only a figment of my imagination.

        “W-what’s going on?” I asked him, scared of what might happen next.

        “shhhh it’s okay. You’re alright now.” He comforted me.

        “Why am I here?” I asked, finally taking a good look around me to only see plain white walls surrounding us. And to add to that..no door. “and…..who are you?”

        The man answered, "I’m Baekhyun. And I was brought here because of your own curiosity, for your questions that only I can answer. You however, are here because you travel in a circle."

"A circle?"

"yes. you travel in a circle, going around and around getting hurt by people, getting used by others, pushed to the side by others, and you can't ever break that circle unless you change it yourself."

“well...how can I change it?”

“that’s for you to find out.”

“what?” I asked, confused.

He got up from the floor and turned his back on me. He walked to the opposite wall from me and knocked once on the wall, and then a wooden door appeared.

“Wait! Where are you going?” he didn’t answer me and slowly opened the door. I tried getting up from the bed to chase after him, but some invisible force kept me from doing so. “Wait! I thought you were supposed to help me! Where are you going?!” I yelled after him as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

As soon as the door clicked shut, I opened my eyes to find myself lying in my bed. I looked around and saw my room. Then I tried to sit up but couldn’t. Glancing down at my waist, I saw an arm wrapped around my waist. I quickly turned to see Baekhyun lying next to me sleeping peacefully. I sat there confused for a moment but then noticed that that was only a dream and that he, in reality, has been my boyfriend of 10 years and is now my fiancé.

He groaned and stretched, opening his eyes to see me and smiled brightly at me. “You’re up?”

“yea.. I just had the strangest dream last night.” I answered back, tracing his facial features with the tip of my finger.

“Wanna tell me about it?” he asked, curiously.

I told him all about the dream and how in the dream, he was a stranger. He nodded and listened intently as I told him and when I finished, he pulled me into a hug. “Yeobo~ do you think you broke that circle?” he asked me softly.

I thought about it for a few seconds and then smiled, wrapping my arms around his back. “I believe so.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: hey guys! so i changed it up a little:3

hehe so if you've read it before i changed a few things

...including the "angel" hehe

sorry~

i had to change it to my hubby! <3

so what do you think of it?^^

please comment below~

and check out my other stories like:

Forever Your Knight

Always By Your Side (formerly titled Last Rose)

thank you <3