(5) He’s back

It's not a perfect life (on Hiatus)

Yoona PoV

I was sitting in Kona Beans café, poking the now-shapeless cake in front of me with a fork. I didn’t need to hide since he invited me to go here at almost midnight and we were the only costumer left. In this café, which was owned by the mothers of Suju members, everything happened between us. Me... and the man who was sitting before me. Super Junior’s Lee Dong Hae.

But we stayed quiet since we arrived here except for ordering blueberry cake and a mug of hot chocolate for me and a cup of latte for him.

“Yoona...” He finally spoke.

I looked up at him, seeing that he was showing his warm smile to me. The smile I had been longing for.

A blush crept to my cheeks suddenly. After all this time, that smile still had an effect on me.

“I bring you here because...” he started a conversation with me but stopped in the middle.

“Oh! Before that... I... am... sorry for taking you here at this hour... I know you must be tired. Err... Actually, I tried to talk to you several times before. But... it seemed like you were always avoiding me when we had encounters. Well... I couldn’t make a scene on the stage. And...” He looked as nervous as the first time he confessed to me.

“...just tonight I have courage to fetch you from your dorm. It was lucky that you still accepted my request after what I’ve done to you...” he paused again and took a deep breath before continuing. “About that... the reason I want us to finally sit here together again is... I want to apologize.” He looked at me straight in the eyes when he said the last.

“I realized it was my biggest mistake ever. To let you slipped from my fingers... And I know I’m the one who was wrong. I should’ve known that was your job. I should’ve believed you did it professionally. I’m so sorry...” he put his right hand on my left one and squeezed it lightly. His face was full of regret.

I was surprised by his words and action.

It’s been a while since the last time he did this to me. The feeling of his hands against mine... I miss this...

 “I-I have forgiven you since a long time ago... I... understand at your jealousy, and... your reaction back then... I’ve forgiven and forgotten it.” I stretched the tip of my lips a little.

The next thing he did was bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it lovingly. “Gomawo...” his smile made my heart skipped a beat. I turned to stare at the abstract-form blueberry cake on the table.

“So... is there still a chance for us to stitch it up together?” he successfully made me looked up at his bright face again.

I looked into his eyes and, for a couple of seconds, stayed like that, searching for uncertainty from him but I found none.

This man in front of me... is my long time crush. This sweet and loving man has almost everything I want from a man. He is... my ex-boyfriend... But, despite his sensitive personality and possessiveness, he is the man of my dream... And I can’t deny that I still love him...

After all these time living around each other, after everything we’ve been through together, I guess... we shouldn’t be apart anymore. Because, we just can’t hide our self and our feelings from each other any longer.

I’ve made my decision.

---

“Alright! We’ve reached your residence, Goddess.” Donghae-oppa parked his car at the basement of SNSD’s apartment.

“Gomawo, Oppa...” I grinned at him, unfastening my seat belt.

I collected my things and reached the lever to open the door but I felt his hand grabbed my wrist.

“Wait. Jagiya...” I didn’t know how many times he had made my heart fluttered tonight. “Once again, sorry for disturbing you until late at night like this...”

I shook my head. “Aniyo, Oppa... You don’t have to be sorry. I enjoy it, really.” I gave him my best smile.

“And... I want to tell you that... I won’t be overly jealous anymore...” My smile turned into grin hearing his words.

“Only if...” He continued. “You tell me about every male friend who close to you and your activity with them, ahrasso?” he pinched my nose playfully.

I didn’t mind at all. “Ara. But you promise, right?” I took my turn to poke his nose.

“De... I promise...” he smiled and held out his pinky finger which I received happily.

Then, suddenly I remembered someone...

Jonghyun.

I became stiff and unhooked my finger from him. “A-Alright then... I guess I have to go now, Oppa. Or else, manager-oppa will scold me. Kkk.” I giggled to hide my sudden discomfort.

“De. Have a sweet dream, Goddess Yoong...” Then he leaned to land a kiss on my forehead, another thing that he used to do to me.

Usually, there would be a feeling of some butterflies flying inside my stomach when he did that to me. But tonight, apparently those butterflies were digested by the acids. Just because a flash of one name on my mind, for the first time, I felt uncomfortable about it.

What about him?

But… We’re just friends after all…

Right?

Maybe because he sensed my rigidness, Donghae-oppa asked me, “Gwaenchana?”

“N-ne... It’s just... I think... I’m not getting used to it anymore... Mianhae...” I told him my excuse.

“It’s alright... Maybe I just have to do it more often from now on, ne? Kkk.” he chuckled and bowed his head, seemed ashamed at his own words. Looking him being like that, I couldn’t help but smiling.

“Then... should I do this more often too?” I landed a peck on his cheek. He lifted his head, showing his shocked face. I quickly got out from his car, also ashamed at my action just now.

“Good night, Oppa!” I waved at him then turned around, making big steps to the building entrance without looking back.

---

When I finally got into my dorm, it was almost totally dark, except the dim lights in the corners... and from the pantry. I walked to my room after changing my shoes to slippers. When I was passing the pantry, a voice called me. “Yoona-yah.”

I turned to the source of the voice and found Jessica-unnie standing there, holding a glass of milk that was half empty. Or... half full?

“Oh! Unnie... You still awake?” I was surprised at her presence.

“Yeah... I don’t know why but I couldn’t sleep tonight. So, I thought a glass of warm milk would do.” she shrugged and then silence.

“So... How is it going now between you and Donghae-oppa?” she asked to the point.

I smiled at her, “Well... We’ve... settled it.”

“So... You... got back together?” she asked again. I just nodded at her, keeping a little smile on my face.

“Well... congratulation then...” she slightly smiled at me.

“Gomawo, Unnie...” I bowed my head at her.

Just when I turned to go from there, Sica-unnie spoke again, “But... Yoona-yah... How about Jonghyun-ssi? Aren’t you two close to each other nowadays?”

Her question made me glued to my place. I turned to face her again. “Well... Yeah... But, we’re just friends after all. He just thinks of me as a friend. So do I. Nothing special... I guess...” I lifted my shoulders.

“But still... I think you should tell him about you and Donghae-oppa.... And of course, to Donghae-oppa about you and Jonghyun-ssi... so that there won’t be misunderstanding between the three of you. Well... You know... Donghae-oppa has this possessiveness issue that-“ she gave me advice.

“I know, Unnie.” I cut her sentence. “I’m also planning on doing that...” I smiled assuring.

“Well... good then... I just... worry about Jonghyun-ssi because... usually, at this state, your close male friend has already fallen for you. Just like what had happened to Taecyeon and Seunggi-ssi... And I also worry about Donghae-oppa, if he knows about your closeness to him... I don’t know what his reaction will be now...” she explained her anxiety.

“Don’t worry, Unnie. He promises that he won’t be like the last time again. He has a reason behind it though. Apparently, he was really furious because I didn’t tell him about the kissing scenes with Geunsuk-oppa in details. He didn’t know that I would have some intense kissing scenes in close up. So, it’s just the communication matter actually.” I tried to convince her that this time our relationship would be better.

“That’s what I mean.” she replied. “I don’t suggest you to hide your relationships from both of them. It’s gonna break one’s heart... or could be both. You don’t want that to happen again, right?”

I nodded in agreement. “De... I will tell them soon. Thanks, Unnie. Good night...”

I left her to my room, my mind still filled by the thoughts of the two men that lived in my life recently.

After changing my clothes to the comfortable one to sleep, I laid on my bed with my eyes opened.

How should I tell them?

Which one better? Tell oppa first or Jonghyun first?

If I tell oppa first... 

No-no-no. I don’t want to ruin his mood and this situation with him early.

If I tell Jongie first... Well... Maybe he would understand the situation... He is one of the guys who can understand me well enough. And he is a good friend anyway.

I’ll contact him tomorrow.

With that conclusion, I drifted off to sleep.

------

The next day

Jinyi PoV

I was so happy because we, AGD cast—me, the oppas and Jung Nan-unnie, were having lunch together after script reading session. Of course, my crush was there too. But I only could steal glances at him from across the table where we gather. He was chatting with Jung Nan-unnie cheerfully before finally a pot of Kimchi jjigae was served between us. I could see his face brightened, with his mouth agape, when the food arrived.

Seeing his bright face like that makes me happy too... He really likes foods, doesn’t he?

I think I must learn to cook more diligently for him.

I was busy observing him, he was taking some of the jjigae’s contents to his bowl, until he spoke to me, handing me a piece of beef with his chopsticks. “Meahri-ah. Here, have some.”

I snapped and quickly lifted my bowl to receive the beef from him. “You must eat a lot. Because you have a lot of scenes ahead so you must remember more lines and work harder than me, ahrasso?” he said while adding more beefs, kimchi, tofu, and other ingredients to my bowl.

“N-Ne...” That was all I could respond to him. He finished it with showing his dimples to me. I tried to hide my blushing cheeks by bowing my head as low as I could.

I barely ate the food when suddenly his phone rang. He took it from the table and when he saw it, his eyes widened then changed to eyebrows furrowed as if he was wondering. He excused himself and walked towards behind me, where was nearer to the windows. I really wanted to turn around but I just couldn’t in this situation but I could still vaguely hear his voice.

“Yeobo*ahem*seo...” He sounded like me in the scene where Meahri picked up a phone from Attorney Choi, with an addition of throat clearing. I almost choked hearing him like that.

“I was having lunch with my co-workers. Have you had lunch yet?” I started to wonder who on the phone was.

Who could it be? Is it one of his band mates?

“Yaah... I’ve told you to eat a lot...” He replied to the one on the phone.

Hmm... I guess not... Maybe his relative.

I shrugged away the thought and put a mouthful of rice to my mouth.

“Mwoya? Jinja?” He sounded surprised yet exited. Because I was curious, I kept eavesdropping at him.

“Hmm... I guess I’m free at Thursday evening. Is it ok for you? As the face of Korea’s most popular girl band, you must be busier than me after all. Kkk.” I stopped chewing at his last sentence.

What did he say? Girl band? So, is it a female idol?

“De. See you later.” He ended his conversation and walked back to his seat. I tried to focus on my bowl and acted as normally as I could.

When he sat back on his chair, his face was brighter than when he saw the food.

“Yah... Jonghyun-ah, who was it? Your girlfriend?” Jung Nan-unnie . She indirectly expressed my curiosity of him.

“A-aniyo... She’s just a f-friend of mine...” his grin turned into a slight smile when he answered her.

“But you must like her a lot... Maybe even love her. I can see that from your face.” Min Jong-oppa, who was sitting beside me, spoke up.

His pale face turned pink immediately.

He looked cute that way actually. But the possibility of him liking that friend of his made me a little bit sad seeing him being like that.

What if she is really a member of the most popular girl band in Korea?

Wait. The most popular... Isn’t it still SNSD? What if she’s really one of them... And... Did he say she was the face of it? Then, wouldn’t she be Yoona as in Im Yoon Ah? The face of SNSD which was the most popular girl band in Korea!

Ottoke... How could I match her if it’s really her?? I’m just a rookie actress while she is national’s ideal woman... If there’s still possibility that he will choose me over her, I think it will be as small as a needle in a stack of straw...

I hope I heard it wrong or not heard about it at all earlier.

I sighed and poked the rice in my bowl absentmindedly until Dong Gun-oppa’s voice brought me back to pay attention at the conversation.

“Tell me when you finally make it official with her, ahrasseo?” Dong Gun-oppa told him using his cool tone.

“De...” he bowed his head shyly but then he lifted it again abruptly. “Wait. Mwoya? A-a-aniyo... I think that won’t happen...” he bowed his head again, this time, with a discouragement on his face.

Ah... I think he’s as unconfident as me to get closer to her...

“Yah... Young man...” this time, Jong Hyuk-oppa said his words. He put his chopsticks down and talked to him in serious tone. “If you really really like her...” He paused. “Wait. Scratch that. I mean really love her... Just make it official soon. If you really think she’s the one and you don’t want to lose her, just propose her to be your wife immediately. I was 29 when I asked my wife to marry me and it was just 10 months after I met her!” He looked so proud about that. “Well... our early marriage life could be said as miserable... But we could go through it together.”

“Yah! It can’t be like that!” Soo Ro-oppa joined in. “What if she was an idol? They can’t get married that easily. He’s still 22 years old after all.” He reproved Jong Hyuk-oppa and took his turn to give him counsel. “Look. Jonghyun-ah, if you don’t want to rush it, at least, make it official first. It doesn’t matter how long your relationship would be, if you two faithful enough to each other, you would get married in the end. I was dating my wife for 13 years before marrying her.” He also looked proud at his achievement.

Then, Jong Hyuk-oppa interposed Soo Ro-oppa. “Yah... What about me? I’m the only one who has been married for 12 years here.”

“But you’re too hasty in making decision...” Soo Ro-oppa replied.

“It was solely because I was so sure that she’s the one for me. And I don’t regret ever living in difficulties with her since now I have two handsome sons whom I can brag to you all.” He retorted, stuck out his tongue playfully in the end.

“Aissh... You-“ Just when Soo Ro-oppa wanted to replied back to Jong Hyuk-oppa, Dong Gun-oppa cut in.

“Don’t listen to them, Jonghyun-ah.” He turned to him and told his story with a smile.

“It’s ok if you don’t want to ask her to be your girlfriend soon. Maybe with reasoning that you both are idols and you can’t make any scandal in early years of your career. But make sure that you always on her side whenever she needs you during that time of waiting. Waiting for the moment where both of you are safe and steady enough to make it official and show it to the world.” he paused and sighed.

“Well... Maybe other people still have this thought in their mind that I married my wife because she was pregnant first. But the fact is I really love her for a long time, since we’ve been paired together in a drama. And my love is completed with the existence of my son now...” He ended it with a full of pride smile.

Wow... I didn’t know that they have that kind of love story with their respective wife. So, is that a love life of an actor or entertainer? Then, I must prepare to face any kind of those stories too... Maybe not for now, when I’m still new in this industry... And there’s also the man before me, who is still a rookie in acting too... But he has the heavier encumbrance from being an idol and actor at once.

The one I was thinking about only nodded his head at the words of his sunbaes as a sign of understanding.

It must be harder for him if he eventually falls in love... Moreover with a fellow idol...

Suddenly, I remembered there were still a man and a woman who hadn’t told their love story yet.

“How about you, Oppa?” I turned to the man beside me, Min Jong-oppa.

“Naega?” Min Jong-oppa was taken aback with my question. I nodded at him.

“Well... I...” he frowned. “If you mean an advice for him... I haven’t married nor had a girlfriend. But let me tell you something, Jonghyun-ah. I think it’s for you, too, Jinyi-ah.” he turned to me for a moment before focusing at him again.

“It depends on your choice whether you want to get straight to the point or wait and focus on your career first. But don’t ever let him...” he faced me and back to him, “...or her to hold your heart completely. Let’s say give him or her half of yours until you get married. Because in case both of you didn’t make it until a wedding, you still have a spare heart for another changes. Always give space in your heart, no matter how small it is. Because if the one who holds your entire heart eventually broke it, there’s no way that you could reunite it as a whole. That’s what happened to me.” he paused and leaned back. “So I try to focus on my career until now. Well, luckily, being in SM, I hardly have a chance to think about other concern except jobs.”

“Is that so?” he responded quickly.

“Uh. Most of the people in my agency are workaholic due to the long-term training.” Min Jong-oppa stopped to grab a kimchi from the pot and then continued, “Wae? Is she from SM?”

He went rigid as all eyes were on him.

I think my presumption is right.

Then, Jung Nan-unnie saved him. “Yah-yah-yah... Look what you’ve done to my dearest boy...” she looked sympathetic at him. “You’re being too far lecturing him about future, wedding and all until he barely touched his meal...” she nagged at the oppas before turning to face him. “Listen to noona, Jonghyun-ah. Just follow your heart.” she pointed at his heart. “If you’re unsure about her, leave her. If you really think she’s the one, then go chase her. Right, Jinyi?”

“Mwoya?” she caught me off guard. “Oh! De... Collin-ah, fightiiing...” I made a small fist and lifted it to give him support even though I also needed one.

He replied with a small smile at me. But that was enough for me, as long as I could see his smile, I would do everything. Then, I smiled back at him.

Jonghyun PoV

“Now, continue eating. We’re almost done here, except you and Jinyi-ah.” Jung Nan-noona made me broke a staring contest with Jinyi.

“Ah, de...” I grabbed my bowl and chopsticks again then started to eat while thinking about those advices from the sunbaenims.

Well... Those stories of them... it could be happened to me anytime, anywhere. But the problem is just how I could handle it when it comes to me.

As for me and Yoona, I have to carefully consider what I’m going to do next according to those advices.

Alright, I will think about that later.

I looked up and saw Jinyi. I noticed that she bowed sluggish and her face seemed paler than before.

“Meahri-ah, you okay?” I asked her.

She lifted her head and smile faintly. “De... I’m alright...”

But I didn’t believe it right away. “You don’t look like that. Come on, you should eat more.” I leaned to give her more from the jjigae.

When I held out a piece of kimchi to her, she refused it softly. “Ani... You don’t need to do that, Collin-ah... I think I have no appetite today...” she smiled again, assuring.

She really doesn’t want to look fragile in front of the others.

“But you still have to finish that, ok?” I pointed her bowl, smiling.

“De. I will...” she nodded and continued to eat though slowly.

Minhyuk is right. She’s really a nice person. I hope she will get a good man in the future. She deserves it.


'What's this? Where is the jongyoon moment?'

Maybe those question came to your mind when you finished reading this update.

I'm sorry before. I planned on putting some of it here actually. But it was longer than I had expected because I want to show you the things that would influence Jonghyun's decision on his relationship with Yoona.

And yeah... I put yoonhae here because they are a couple that just couldn't be ignored in the real life. They are cute though. *I've already mentioned about Donghae in the chapter 6

and why Jessica? Simply because she was believed having a relationship with Donghae. I hope it would make sense.

 

Well... I was facing difficulties on words composition while writing this update. I wrote long enough but then threw it away several times.

Mianhae... :(

I promise in the next update I'm going to put jongyoon moment.

Well... for now, at least you could guessing which path that will be choosen by Jonghyun.

Is it going to be like Jong Hyuk, Soo Ro, or Dong Gun-oppa? Or maybe like Min Jong-oppa?

 

As always, thanks for reading... :)

I don't know when I'm going to update this though. Hope that I can make it as soon as possible.

*Oh, I made and renewed the main poster