Red Roses

Red Strings of Fate

 

"Eomma, palli~ I want to see Yeoshin noona's wedding dress," Chanyeol jumps lightly as his mother puts a cute neck tie to his collar.

"Be patient, Chanyeol-ah," she smiles affectionally, "besides, your beloved Yifan hyung also won't be there yet."

"Eh? Why? They will be coming, right? I saw the wedding invitation on their dining table~" Chanyeol frowns.

"They will come. No need to worry, Yeol-ah. I think they need to attend another event held by Wu ajusshi's company first, so they'll be coming late." says Chanyeol's mother, flicking her son's forehead.

Chanyeol looks cute with his plain blue shirt and dotted neck tie. He also wears suspender on his shorts, making him 1000x cuter than his usual cute self. He especially picked this outfit the night before because he wants to look handsome for his Yeoshin noona. She’s always kind to Chanyeol and he really adores her. Yeoshin noona owns a bakery shop in the next block and she often gives Chanyeol—and Yifan too—his favorite cheesecake whenever she can.

The church where the banquet is held is located only a few blocks away from his house. Chanyeol bounces happily beside the car while waiting for his parent. Chanyeol's dad ruffles his hair and chuckles lightly, "let's go, son."

The happy family then drives away to the church with Chanyeol animatedly chattering along the way.

 

*

 

Chanyeol is feeling star-struck when he sees Yeoshin noona entering the church. She looks beautiful, ethereal with all the lights gleaming from outside the door in the background. Her white wedding dress is a simple one, a stark contrast with her bouquet of red roses. Chanyeol can see the subtle smile on his favorite noona's face behind the veil, though he still hasn't understood the meaning behind that smile. The feeling of contentment, blessed, bliss, and others are jumbled up and symbolized by one subtle smile. At that time Chanyeol decides, someday he wants to smile like Yeoshin noona.

 

*

 

"noonaaaaaa~"

The ceremony has ended a while ago and the newlywed couple is now enjoying their time chatting with the guest. Chanyeol is running towards his noona and stretching his arms widely asking for a hug. Yeoshin noona crouches down and envelops Chanyeol in a warm hug before trying to lift him up and fails.

"Ugh, I should stop feeding you all those cakes, Chanyeol-ah. You're getting chubbier, boy," grumbles Yeoshin noona before jokingly adds, "you're heavy too.”

"I'm not faaaat~" Chanyeol pouts, "These are muscles, noona! Muscles!"

She kisses his cheeks lovingly before turning to Chanyeol's parents who watch his son amusedly. Chanyeol is now currently having a staring contest with the groom. If Yeoshin noona is beautiful, then his husband is a perfection. He is tall and cool, with all the muscles on the right places. The small lips, sharp eyebrows, and milky white skin does remind him of someone. Chanyeol giggles.

"So, is this Chanyeollie?" Siwon hyung is squatting down to Chanyeol's eye level. Chanyeol nods and blushes, and Siwon hyung rewards him with a pinch of his both cheeks. "Aigoooo~ you're so cute."

"Hyung, you are really handsome." Yeoshin noona hears the adoring tone in Chanyeol's voice and snorts, "of course he is, you dummy. If not then I won't marry him."

Siwon hyung turns to look at his wife with a (fake) sad look on his gorgeous face, "so you married me just because of my face, Yeoshin-ah?"

"Well, do you think I have any other reason?" she laughs hard and pecks her husband lovingly.

"I wonder if Yifan hyung will be this handsome~" mumbles Chanyeol as he stares at the lovey-dovey couple.

Chanyeol is back from his musing when he notices that Siwon hyung is waving his hand and calling someone, “Jinri-yah~!”

“Chanyeollie, this is Jinri, hyung’s lovely niece,” there’s a little girl peeks shyly from behind Siwon hyung’s leg. “Come on, Jinri -yah. Say hi to Chanyeol oppa.”

“Annyeong, Jinri!!” Chanyeol beams happily. Jinri seems relieved with Chanyeol’s welcoming response as she greets him, “Annyeong oppa!!” she waves her tiny hand excitedly, there’s no hint of shyness in her voice.

Little Chanyeol is just about to ask more about Jinri when he hears a loud yell from behind him.

“CHANYEOL-AH!!” Yifan is rushing towards Chanyeol, a wide grin on his stoic face. “YA! Shin-Chanyeol~!!”

“Stop it, hyung! I already heard you so you don’t need to ‘Shin-Chanyeol’ me.”

Actually Chanyeol doesn’t mind with Yifan calling him ‘Shin-Chanyeol’, he just doesn’t want Yifan to call him that when there are a lot of people. It’s Yifan’s special nickname for him, so nobody else but him is allowed to hear that name.

“Alright, alright. Why so serious, Yeol-ah?” Yifan throws his arm around Chanyeol’s shoulder and begins teasing him again. It takes a couple minutes for him to notice that there’s a girl beside them.

“Who are you?” asks Yifan.

“Let me introduce you, hyung. This is—“

“Annyeonghaseyo, oppa. My name is Choi Jinri,” says Jinri sweetly. Her plump cheeks are colored with rosy pink as she looks at Yifan. Chanyeol frowns.

“Hi! I’m Wu Yifan. Nice to meet you!”

Jinri’s blush gets redder at each of Yifan’s word. Chanyeol’s frown also got deeper as he looks at Jinri’s weird behavior. It takes a while before Chanyeol realizes that Yifan is tugging his sleeves and asking for his attention.

 “Huh?”

“Let’s get outside, Yeol-ah,” states Yifan while grabbing his wrist, taking the still-confused Chanyeol to play on the outside.

They had only been a few meters away when Jinri’s voice rings clear behind Yifan and Chanyeol, “Ummm.. Can I play with you, oppa?”

Yifan turns his head to Jinri and smiles, “Sure, you can.”

Jinri cheers loudly and then grabs Yifan’s free hand, humming a cheerful song. She looks oh-so-adorable right now and Yifan chuckles, amused by Jinri’s cuteness.

Chanyeol frowns again.

 

*

 

Both of Chanyeol and Yifan’s parents are currently engaged in a carefree conversation outside the church. They became close to each other in a relatively quick time, just like their son. Moreover, the moms are often going shopping together and the dads like to spend their time drinking soju in the nearby store, wailing over the misfortune of their wallet as their wives prying over the new arrival items. In a year of them being neighbor, they had been going on a joint trip a couple times. They went to Jeju Island together last month, the second honeymoon trip, they said. With Chanyeol and Yifan being glued together almost every time, they successfully enjoyed their so-called-honeymoon without being interrupted by their children.

Chanyeol’s dad sips his drink quietly before asking Mr. Wu, “So what made you come so late?”

“The talks in the company’s party were longer than I expected.” Mr. Wu nudges his wife, asking for a refill for his drink. Mrs. Wu then goes to the beverage table across the room, dragging Chanyeol’s mom along the way. “Let them talk with each other, and let us have our own fun too.” Chanyeol’s mom just laughs heartily hearing what her neighbor says.

There are those serious looks on Mr. Wu and Mr. Park’s faces as they converse. It’s strange because they don’t usually chat over serious things on an event like this.

“They want me to go back to China,” sighs Mr. Wu.

 

*

 

There’s a tinkling sound coming from the center stage of the garden. The newlywed couple is now standing and facing the guests, their smiles are so blinding. They express their gratitude towards all the guests and families who come. Shortly, the time has come for the bride to throw her hand bouquet to the single ladies. Little Jinri who stands beside her parents is rushing towards the bride, tugging her dress and motioning her to crouch down. Yeoshin noona leans her right ear down and Jinri whispers something that makes the bride laughs uncontrollably.

“This little lady over here is boldly asking for my bouquet directly. Should I give it to her?”

The guests are laughing along with the brides, feeling amused by Minji’s eagerness. Yeoshin noona hands her bouquet to Jinri’s little palm and smiles, “Good luck, dear.”

Minji rushes back to where Chanyeol and Yifan are currently standing; the bouquet is gripped tightly in her outstretched hand.

“Oppa, will you marry me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I know,

it's been a long time, and it's a lame chapter.. ;;_____________________;;

I deserve to be spanked, really.. *bowing deeply*

 

anw, I really thank you for all of my subscribers for bearing with me.. I  you *hugs*

comment, please? :p

 

 

thank you for reading~!! ^^