Anger and Self-Hatred

Wonderboy - Get the whip!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Sam left, Donghyun sat on the edge of the bed and started gently playing with Minwoo's hair and cooed to him softly, Jeongmin could see they needed to be alone so he quietly left to go and find the others to talk about what to do now. He found then still on the roof with Youngmin sitting down and Kwangmin kneeling beside him while Hyunseong rested a comforting hand on his shoulder. Youngmin's tears had stopped but he could still not really support himself well however when he saw Jeongmin coming Youngmin's eyes flicked to his, holding immense guilt and fear he had never seen before in those usually confident and very beautiful eyes. When Jeongmin came close enough, the younger boy shakily stood and walked over to him, he expected him to yell or even hit him for mixing up the whips and he was prepared for either. What he wasn't prepared for was when he grasped his hands and kneeled before him asking his forgiveness in a similar way that he had to Donghyun earlier. Jeongmin was shocked but quickly recovered, he couldn't stand to have this poor boy beg for forgiveness on his knees for something he felt responsible for, he moved his hands from Youngmin's and moved them to his arms and helped him up. Youngmin seemed to cower into himself as Jeongmin held him at arms length as id worried he would hit him and he could still not look into his Hyung's eyes while still muttering apologies.

 

Jeongmin couldn't take it any-more, he hated how fragile he felt in his arms like he could disintegrate at the slightest breeze, he gently placed his hand under the younger boy's chin and lifted his face to meet his own.

“Shhh Youngmin, what are you apologising to me for? I'm the one who brought you the wrong whip, I should be saying “I'm sorry” to you, in fact I thought you would yell at me when I came up here” Youngmin looked shocked at his words and at the last part he almost fell to his knees again.

“No Hyung, it's all my fault, I put that whip at the top so of course you would grab it and I was the one who whipped Minwoo until he out!” his voice cracked and his eyes lowered again “And now because of me you might get in trouble, I'm so sorry, and no I wouldn't yell at you and I'm sorry for making you think that.”

Jeongmin was still so shocked at Youngmin's complete personality change, he had never seen him like this before. Unfortunately Hyunseong and Kwangmin had, they looked towards each other and Hyunseong nodded.

“Jeongmin, help me set him down again and then I would like to talk to you, don't worry Kwangmin will stay here and watch his twin.” Jeongmin just nodded and after placing Youngmin down again he silently followed Hyunseong down the stairs and through a corridor until they were sure they were alone.

 

“Hyunseong, why is Youngmin like that, I've never seen him like that before with any of our games?” he asked. Hyunseong took a breath before he answered,

“I have.” he replied. Jeongmin was taken aback,

“When?” he asked

“The last time he used that whip.” it took Jeongmin a moment to register what he said “It was just after your punishment and we realised you had passed out and how hurt you were. Youngmin was so full of guilt even though we all told him it wasn't his fault.”

“Why didn't he believe any of you?”

“Well he was the one who was wielding to whip so of course he would feel connected to the incident, also as you were still unconscious you couldn't try to convince him yourself which might have worked. You know how he is when he does something wrong in rehearsal, like mess up a move or get his timing wrong and he will get frustrated with himself and sometimes even cry because he feels he let everybody down?” Jeongmin nodded. “Well imagine what he would become like if someone got hurt because of his mistake, his response gets severely magnified.” Jeongmin understood but questions still plagued him,

“But what happened to him afterwards? Did he just forget it or...” he faded off, unsure of how to finish the question. Hyunseong half smiled without humour as if he had just been confirmed of something.

“I had a feeling you would say that but unfortunately that isn't my tale to tell, in fact I don't even know the full story. You could always ask Kwangmin.” he said. Jeongmin's shoulders slumped he knew as soon as Hyunseong told he he couldn't say, that it was not a good or simple answer.

“Ok.” he replied “Would it be ok to talk to him now or should I wait?” Hyunseong thought for a moment before nodding,

“You can ask him now. We'll head back and I think if he hasn't already, Kwangmin will want us to help move him inside.” Hyunseong finished and turned back the way they came with Jeongmin following behind.

 

Back at Minwoo's bedroom, Donghyun was waiting nervously outside while the doctor looked him over and applied medicine and bandages. He still didn't really know how to feel. A small part of him wanted to go and hit Youngmin straight in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter