Behind the scenes: the making of "Uncommitted"

Behind the scenes: the making of "Uncommitted"

"YAH! JC!"

 

I turned around to see my little sister Missy running after me. "Hurry up, Missy! Or we'll be late to get home! Mom will be mad if we are late again!"

 

My little sister, who is 10 years old, ran up to me and grabbed my hand. "You walk so fast, sis!"

 

I smirked coldly as we walked home. My mom is very strict. If you are even a minute late, she will yell at you like there's no tomorrow. I tugged my little sister's arm as I walked faster home. There was no way I wanted to get yelled at today! I can't take any yelling!

 

................................................

 

I opened the front door to the apartment Missy and I lived at. I let go of Missy's arm and headed to my room, before my mom realize we were 2 mintues late. 

 

"UMMA! I'M HOME!" Missy yelled as she took her red backpack off and placed it next to the shoe rack. 

 

I sighed......I stood at my doorway....waiting for the yelling to begin. 

 

"YAH! MIN JAN CHUN! I heard my mother yell out my full name. I heard her footsteps toward me. "WHY ARE YOU LATE?! YOU ARE ALWAYS LATE BRINGING HER HOME! IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF YOUR BOYFRIEND, IS IT?!"

 

I rolled my eyes as I turned around towards my mother. "Umma! How many times do i have to tell you?! We broke up! I dumped him!"

 

She pointed her finger at me. "Don't talk to me with that tone! Now why are you late again?!"

 

I shrugged my shoulders with frustration. "Seoul traffic is a , umma! You should know! You drive for a living!"

 

"You walk! What do you mean traffic?!"

 

"It takes a while to go through crosswalks! Plus I don't want to get run over by drivers who run red lights! Now get off my back, umma!"

 

I attempted to slam the door in my mom's face, but she put her foot in the way. I swear, she has a foot made of steel. 

 

"If Missy is late one more time, then I'll kick you out of this house! GOT IT?!"

 

She removed her foot from the door, letting the door slam. I swear....my mom can be such a pain in the ! She always threatens to kick me out! I threw myself onto my bed, only to hit my head on the backboard. It made a loud THUMP!

 

"QUIET IN THERE!"

 

I rolled my eyes at my mother's outburst. All she does is nag....nag.....nag. 

 

I rubbed my head as I leaned up from the bed. Just my luck......I grabbed my pillow to lay on, but I knocked over a stuffed animal off my bed. I growl at myself and grabbed it, only to stare at it. it was a white teddy bear, but the ear was dirty and torn. each detail....it reminded me......of him.......

 

*~FLASHBACK~*

 

My hands was warm while i held the teddy bear Junsu won for me at the arcade in the mall. My smile grew as he brushed a finger against my cheek with his free hand. I stared into his eyes. His beautiful eyes. 

 

"JC.....did I ever tell you that you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met?" He said with a y tone. 

 

I blushed a thousand shades of red. "Everyday" I responded. 

 

Suddenly, he leaned in and kissed me softly. His tender lips against mine. It was the perfect kiss....until we heard screams. 

 

We broke our kiss to see fangirls.....hundreds of them......screaming at our kiss. 

 

It was kind of Junsu and I's fault. We did decide to have a romantic moment in the middle of the mall. 

 

As the space between us and the mall exit disappeared by the fangirls surrounding us, we looked at each other for a clue of what the to do. Do we run? Do we talk to them? Do we asked them to leave us alone? Or do we continue to kiss?

The girls began to close in, making our decision to be a quicker one. then.......I felt Junsu grab my hand. "Hold on tight" He said. 

"wha-AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

 

Junsu grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the crowd. He ran as fast as he could without ripping my arm off. I tried to keep up, tripping on my own feet once in a while. 

As the door grew inches towards our escape, I felt the teddy bear I was holding be dropped. I gasped as I tried to pull away from Junsu. 

 

"what are you doing?!" he yelled. 

 

"I dropped the bear!" I yelled back. 

 

"leave it! I'll buy a new one!"

 

I sighed as we ran. Once we reached the door, he shoved me outside and ran back inside. I gasped as I saw the group of fangirls turn around, screaming as Junsu was stuck in the  middle of the fangirl crowd. I moved around, trying to search for him without going back into the crowd. 

 

I saw glimpses of him. he was blowing kisses to the girls. He was shaking hands with some, until I saw him disappear. When he popped up again, he shoved his way through the crowd. 

 

"I got it...." he panted as he held up the bear, 

 

I covered my smile as I gave Junsu a hug. "Thank you.....thank you so much!"

 

*~END FLASHBACK~*

 

I threw the teddy bear across the room. Why do I even keep it!? I sighed as I covered my eyes with my hand. I just wish that I could have lived my life a different way..................I began to drift to sleep.

 

*~DREAM~*

 

I was in a big house. I was cooking some kimchi stew in a huge, spotless kitchen. I tasted a small portion of the stew. i smiled and turned off the heat. 

 

"HONEY!" I cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled. "LUNCHTIME!"

 

I heard footsteps come down the marble staircase. Then he appeared. He had a book in his hand. "How's my wife today?" 

 

He planted a kiss as he closed his book and set it down on the counter. "You would have to ask her." I winked at him. "Lunch is ready. Have a seat I'll serve."

 

he nodded his head as he sat down with a bowl on the table. I grabbed the pot of stew and placed it on a pot holder in the middle of the small table. I spooned him a big ladleful of stew for him, which he began to eat as soon at the stew hit his bowl. I served myself a small portion and began to eat.

 

"Why not eat more?" He asked. 

 

"I want to watch my figure." I said as I blew at the stew. 

 

"What?! You are beautiful the way you are!" 

 

I smirked as I slurped the stew from my spoon. After a few spoons of stew, I looked over at Junsu, who was staring at me with a smile on his face. "What?" i asked. 

 

"You eat cute." He winked. 

 

I rolled my eyes. "Eat up!"

 

He smirked and dipped his spoon in his stew. As he attempted to slurp his stew, I smacked the table, scaring him. He spilled the stew. I began to laugh. He had an angry look on his face. Then he got up. Uh oh.....I rushed out of my chair and tried to run away. I ran into the living room, where Junsu was able to grab one of my hands. He spun me around, only to spin as well. I grabbed his other and we began to spin together in our living room, laughing with happiness...

 

*~END DREAM~*

 

My eyes shot open. My eyes quickly went to my alarm clock. It read 3:34am. damn.....it's early in the morning....I rubbed my eyes.

 

"What kind of a dream was that?!" I whispered to myself as I hunched over the side of my bed. "It's like he can't leave my mind at all.........fresh air might fix it."

 

I put on my coat and slipper as i sneaked out of my room. If my mom ever knew I was able to get out of the house in the middle of the night, she would kill me! I slowly turned the front door handle and stepped out of the apartment, closing it slowly and softly. 

 

...................................................

 

I walked to the park, where the swings slowly swung in the cold late night breeze. My hands were shoved in my coat pocket and my slippers scraped against the sidewalk as I walked. I looked over at the playground. It reminded me of another moment of Junsu and I's love.

 

*~FLASHBACK~*

 

It was midnight. i sat on the swing, alone. I sniffed as the cold nipped at my nose. I just needed to get out of my home! My mom was in her worst mood! And Missy is just fueling her rage! Every slip Missy says, it's always my fault!

"I had a feeling you would be here."

 

I looked up, seeing Junsu standing there, with two cups of coffee in his hands. "I thought you'd like a warm-me-up"

 

A smile slowly grew on my face as he handed me a warm cup of coffee. "thanks......you didn't have to do this." I said.

 

"I wanted to" He said as he sat down at the swing next to me. "What was she yelling at you for now?"

 

He always knew about my mother and how she always yells at me for nonsense. 

 

"I gave Missy candy before dinner." I sighed. "I swear i try to do something special for my little sis and she always spills the beans."

 

"You gotta cut her some slack though. She is ten years old." He said.

 

"No....she does it on purpose. Who slips by saing. 'guess what mom? sis got me a milky way before dinner.' "

 

Junsu chuckled. "Ok maybe that's just pushing it."

 

we both laughed quietly. As our laughter died down, I stared at the steam coming out of the cup. I took the lid off to get it to cool down faster. 

 

"How did you know I was here? I didn't tell you." i said. 

 

"I saw you." He sighed. "I was stuck all day at album signing. do you know how many girls I had to flirt with!? Too many! I just needed to see you to relax. I saw you left your apartment. i assumed you were in a bad mood. So I went to get you coffee."

 


"Why do you flirt with the fans?" I asked. "Why not just smile and thank them? You might be giving them the wrong message."

 

"What?" He looked at me with a shocked face. "That's how kpop stars make fans. they flirt."

 

"If you're single. you aren't. You have a girlfriend. I think you should stop flirting."

 

He was silent.....then he kneeled down infront of me. "You are my one and only girl. Those girls mean nothing to me. YOU mean the world to me.....JC.....I love you."

 

He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

 

*~ END FLASHBACK~*

 

I shook my head. Junsu needs to get out of my head! I sighed, seeing steam leave my mouth. I continued to walk, hoping to not bump into any more flashbacks.

 

......................................

 

I decided to walk on the streets downtown. Lights were bright. Music was loud. And cars zoomed by. I hope that the distractions will help me get rid of junsu for at least the night. 

 

but i was wrong. I passed the club where my heart was shattered. 

 

*~FLASHBACK~*

 

"lets go!" I heard my friends in the car yell on the phone.

 

"yah....keep it quiet. I don't want my mom to hear!" I whispered into the phone. I hung up, doing my routine of how I sneak out of the apartment. 

 

I sat in the backseat of the van my friend Han drove. My friends and I decided to go to the club to dance. I haven't been to the club in so long!

 

...............................................................

 

My group and I entered the club with confidence, where we saw people dancing until their bodies were drenched in sweat. I felt my heart beat to the music, making me want to dance. 

 

"LETS DANCE!" I heard Han yell. 

 

"HOLD ON! I HAVE TO USE THE BATHROOM!" I yelled back.

 

I shoved through the crowd of people as I tried to make my way to the bathroom. I avoided elbows, knees, and hands. 

 

I saw the woman's bathroom sign. I opened the door, seeing girls reapplying make up and washing their hands. I went into a stall, where I did my business. As I used the toilet, i heard some girls talking at the sinks.

 

"So I heard JYJ is here!" Girl 1 said.

 

"yeah that's what I heard! I just saw Junsu! He was chatting to some girl." girl 2 said. 

 

"Some girl?! i wanna beat up that ! Junsu is mine!" Girl 1 said.

 

"Chill out! He's a playboy, remember?! He kissed so many girls in clubs it's not even funny!"

 

my eyes widened. Junsu.....kisses other girls!? I finished my business and stormed out of the stall. I washed my hands and stormed out of the bathroom, back into the crowd. I searched, hoping I could find Junsu in the crowd. 

 

My eyes widened....i found him.....with a girl holding him. I stared as I saw the girl lean in and kiss him. He looked away, only to see me. His jaw dropped as I began to tear up. He HAS been taking this flirting thing way too far! I turned to leave, but I heard him yelling my name.

 

"JC!"

 

I ignored him and left the club.

 

............................................

 

My high heels clanked against the sidewalk as I tried to walk as fast as I could home. I could hear him running behind me, trying to catch up to me. 

 

"JC! PLEASE STOP!"

 

I continued to walk. I felt him try to grab my hand, but I yanked my hand away and turned around. "leave me alone! You've been a playboy this whole time?! I told you this flirting has got to stop! Now look! Here we are! Breaking up! yeah! i said it! breaking up! Because I can't be dating a playboy like you! Maybe you aren't ready for a commitment!"

 

He looked at me....speechless. his bottom lip began to tremble as he began to tear up. Tears flowed down my face as I stared at him with anger. 

 

"It's over, Junsu."

 

*~END FLASHBACK~*

 

I sighed as I turned around and headed back home. I guess getting fresh air has the most memories.

 

...................................

 

I ate my breakfast with Missy, who was playing with her food. I chewed slowly, with bags under my eyes. I couldn't sleep last night.....

 

"Min Jan Chun! Finish your breakfast and take Missy to school!" My mom snapped at me. 

 

"yes, Umma...." i said calmly as I finished my food. 

 

I saw as my mom slowly turned around and looked at me with worry. "Are you okay, JC?"

 

"I'll be okay." I calmy said as I handed her my dishes. "Lets go, Missy"

 

................................

 

I waved goodbye to Missy, who headed to grade school. I sighed as I began to walk home. there's nothing more I wanted to do is sleep.

 

I walked by a TV store, which each tv was on the music channel. Then I stopped. I stared at the TV screen as I saw Junsu on the TV, smiling. 

 

"So Junsu," The MC said. "Tell us about your new single."

"Well." He began. "It's called uncommitted. It's about a couple who broke up cuz the girl thinks the guy is unfaithful in a relationship, when in reality he loves her with all his heart"

 

I began to run. I needed to see this music video! I ran passed the crowd of people. I ran passed many shops and ran across crosswalks without looking for speeders. 

 

................................................................................

 

I ran into my room, where i my computer. I opened youtube and typed in "junsu uncommitted"

 

"YAH!" I heard my mom yell. "NO RUNNING!"

 

I ignored her and clicked on the official music video. As it ran. I covered my mouth with shock.

 

 

I felt tears run down my face as I watched the Music video on youtube. 

 

my ex boyfriend, Junsu. He came out with a new solo song. And it's called uncommitted. 

 

 

I watched as I saw him spinning in his room with his "girlfriend".

 

 

I remember doing that........

 

 

I saw him at the club, telling the girls about how bad his girl hurt him.

 

 

Does he know that he is hurting me by making this song?!

 

I tried to hold in my sobbing. 

 

"JC......is this why?"

 

I turned around to see my mom, who looked worried. "Come here." she said as she grabbed my head gently and pulled me into a hug. 

 

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I wept like a baby in her cooking apron. I heard my mother whisper "it's ok." as she my hair with her free hand. 

 

"I love him, umma......i love him." I sobbed. 

 

"It's ok.....it's ok..." she whispered. 

 

........................................................

 

The next day, I stared at my phone as I saw Junsu's number. do I dare to call him? Do I dare ask if his music video was about us? My thumb trembled......then I pushed talk. I pressed the phone against my ear and I took a deep breath, waiting for him to pick up.

 

 

"JC......" I heard him say on the other line.

 

"H-hi......"

 

"................."

 

"It's been a while...."

 

"..............yeah."

 

"........you doing okay?"

 

"never better." His voice had a tremble. 

 

"I just was wondering......if-"

 

"the music video was about us."

 

Then he hung up. I slowly took the phone away from my ear and stared at it. Tears formed in my eyes again. 

 

"Min Jan Chun! Go get Missy!" I hear my mom yell. 

 

"GET HER YOURSELF! I NEED TO BE ALONE!" i screamed as I left the apartment, not letting my mom get the last word. 

 

..............................................

 

I headed to the one place that I could think of to be alone....the park.  I walked to the swing and sat down, swinging slowly. How can I get him to leave my head?! He's torturing me!

 

Suddenly......I looked up and saw a man in front of me. He was holding two cups of coffee. then I looked at his face. It was Junsu. He looked horrible. Like he hadn't slep for days. 

 

"Looks like you need a warm-me-up." he said without trying to cry. 

 

I stared at him......not sure how to react to this turn of events. 

 

"JC....I've missed you.....And I-"

 

"AHHH! JUNSU!"

 

I looked over at a girl, who was waving at Junsu. she ran over to him, smiling. "remember me? We met at the club! Is that coffee for me?" 

Junsu looked at me, then at the girl.

 

"I also told you about the girl that left me because of my playboy ways. Well guess what?" he handed me the coffee. I took it. "This is the girl. The girl I love and will always love. the girl that I will promise never to go flirt with other girls behind her back. The girl that I want to spend my life with."

 

The girl stared at him with confusion. "THAT MEANS GET LOST!" Junsu yelled.

 

She gasped and ran, sobbing. 

 

"Junsu...."

 

I stood up. looking at Junsu with tears in my eyes. 

 

"I love you."

 

I dropped the coffee, spilling it on the ground and I wrapped my arms around Junsu's neck. I felt him hold me close.

 

"I love you too, JC. Forever"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

 

Technically it's not behind the scenes of the mv. but the story ties in to the mv itself! i hope you liked it!

 

Please subscribe and comment!

 

Sarang Hae!