Mornings

Ever Since I Was A Child,

The incessant ringing of my phone woke me up, groaning, I reached out for my phone that was beside me, I unplugged the charger and answered the phone.

“Hello………..” I answered in a groggy tone, my eyes were still not yet opened.

“Yah! Kim Heeyoung! Do you have any idea what time is it now?!” a deep voice roared from the other end.

I moved the phone away from my ear a little, “Yah, Park Chanyeol, it’s still early, stop shouting.”

“EARLY?! IT’S ALREADY PAST 7.30A.M, MUST I REMIND YOU SCHOOL STARTS AT 8A.M?!” my eyes opened immediately and I removed the phone from my ear to check the time.

‘0731’ was what it read in the top left corner of my phone screen, my eyes widened even more now, I threw my blanket aside, jumped out of bed and rushed to the toilet, “WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL ME EARLIER?!” I screamed as I hung up the phone.

Chanyeol smirked and sat down in the chair once again, the stomping sounds and door slamming could be heard from the top. “You know Chanyeol, without you, I don’t know how I can wake that pig up,” Mrs. Kim, Heeyoung’s mom, said.

“You’re welcome Mrs. Kim, it’s my pleasure to wake her up this way,” Chanyeol grinned and stretched his hand out to grab a piece of toast on the dining table, and started munching he waited for Heeyoung to rush downstairs.

“Aish, I’m so late now,” I mumbled as I combed my hair, untangling it, and put on my uniform, “that Park Chanyeol…”

I rushed down the stairs, and was about to race towards the door when I bumped into someone’s chest, “Surprise,” Chanyeol said and widened his arms.

I stared at him, confused, “What are you doing here?...” I pointed at him, “Aren’t we going to be late?” I turned to look at the large wall clock hanging on the wall beside me, it was only 7a.m in the morning.

I looked down, clenched my fist and tightened my jaw, “Did you just tricked me…?” I hissed.

“Err..nope?” he said fearfully and backed away from me.

I lift up my hands, “I give you five seconds to run,” I closed my eyes, and counted down, “5…,” Chanyeol eyes widened and looked about, finding places to hide, “4…” I folded one finger.

“1…” my hand was balled into a fist, and I opened my eyes, Chanyeol was nowhere in sight.

I ventured out on my hunting spree for Chanyeol, “Chanyeol…Where are you~~” I sing-song and found him hiding just behind my mum, “Now, now, Heeyoung, don’t be mean, Chanyeol was just trying to wake you up,” she chided, “Now come and have breakfast,” she placed the plates of eggs and bacons on the table. Chanyeol stepped out from behind her and stuck his tongue out at me, “Mehrong!”

I placed my thumb on my neck and pretended to slice it, ‘You die.’ I mouthed.

Chanyeol’s face turned white, and he gave a nervous smile as he sat down, eating the breakfast.

~

“Bye mum, we’re going off now~” I waved goodbye as I put on my shoes.

Chanyeol pounced on me, my body toppled abit due to his weight, “You can’t possibly still be mad right?~”

I just glared at him and made my way again. “Psh, always so cranky in the morning,” I heard him mumble. I twitched at his mumbling, as he kept ranting on about how cranky I was, “Yah!” I turned back at shouted at him.

He smiled, “Now, you’re not ignoring me anymore~” he caught up to my side and placed his arm around me.

“Yeah, yeah, annoying as always,” I groaned and he just smiled goofily as usual.