----- Alternate Ending

Because I Love You

A/N ;; Initially, I was fighting with myself as to whether I should end this story happily or not. Something in me loves loves loves angst and when a fanfic makes me cry, so the original ending was for people like me in that respect. But I do also love fluff, and a few people I talked to mentioned the idea of a happy-ending version... So here it is, for those of you in the mood for something more cheerful. Which do you enjoy more~? :3

 

[[ Alternate ending begins at the same point in the original where "Three weeks later..." occurs and overrides the rest. ]]

 

 

 

Three weeks later, Chanyeol was walking on his own again. Wu Fan could see the raw pain in his eyes whenever he twisted his torso the wrong way, aggravating his healing ribs, but he always bit back his weakness and produced a happy smile.

Wu Fan’s nerves were on edge every morning when he brought Chanyeol something for breakfast, terrified that one day he would walk in and the younger would have forgotten him again. He would let out a thankful breath every time Chanyeol nearly bounced over to greet him at the door.

The doctors deemed Chanyeol well enough to go home a few days later. Yixing, Luhan, Sehun and Jongdae had come to see him off from the hospital. Wu Fan oversaw the signing of final paperwork and release forms before lacing his fingers with Chanyeol’s and, at long last, took him home.





“I’m so glad to be back.” Chanyeol beamed, looking around at his own living room as Wu Fan locked the door. The blond pressed his chest against his boyfriend’s back and very softly wrapped his arms around his waist. Chanyeol leaned against him and sighed, closing his eyes and reaching up to tangle his fingers in Wu Fan’s hair.

“I’m glad you’re back, too.” In more ways than one. Wu Fan arched forward and nuzzled his nose against Chanyeol’s neck, placing kisses one on top of the other until he got to the younger’s ear, and nibbled. Chanyeol shivered and playfully pushed away from Wu Fan. He bounded over to the window and leaned against the sill, looking out at the courtyard that he hadn’t seen in over a month.

“You planted flowers?” Chanyeol glanced over his shoulder at the approaching Wu Fan, his face radiating excitement.

“Not exactly. I had Yixing help me--he’s much better in the gardening department, and  I wanted them to still be alive for when you got home.” The blond smirked when Chanyeol didn’t even try to disguise his snort. “But they’re the really colorful ones I know you like.”

“They’re called spider chrysanthemums, Wu Fan.” The younger said matter-of-factly. “And they’re wonderful.”

Wu Fan stepped behind his boyfriend and back-hugged him once more, rubbing his knuckles against Chanyeol’s arm. They shared a quiet moment, soaking in the sun streaming through the window.

“Hey, um, Wu Fan?” The curly haired boy asked shyly. His boyfriend hummed against the side of his head in response. “I just… You know, want to say thank you. Yixing told me you went through a lot, what with me being… Asleep. Then with my memory and all, but you never once gave up on me.”

“I will never give up on you, no matter what the world puts in the way.” Wu Fan took Chanyeol by the shoulders and turned him so they were face to face. He saw happy tears shining in the younger’s eyes and he pressed their lips together in a passionate kiss. Chanyeol sighed against his mouth, and Wu Fan cupped Chanyeol’s cheeks in his hands and ran his thumbs under deep brown eyes. “I will never give up on you, Park Chanyeol, because I love you.”

And finally, the words that Wu Fan had been missing for weeks and weeks and thought he may not truly hear again in his life met his ears in Chanyeol’s husky, melodious voice - everything was all right in Wu Fan’s world because his boyfriend smiled at him and said, “I love you too, Wu Fan.”