Awakening to it all (part two)

Lies are Worse

(Last paragraph of chapter 3)

"Nara?" He replied in a worried voice. She couldn't help it and started crying hysterically on the phone to him. She tried to stop but she couldn't control her body, it felt like somebody else’s. "Nara?" He panicked as he heard her cry. "Nara... Calm down." He took control over the situation as he was experienced with it from her. Jungshin had done this to her many times in the past. "Listen to me. Take deep breaths, tell me where you are. Me and Taemin will come for you." He commented in a stern voice and Nara obeyed. She took deep breaths as directed and all the while Key was still on the phone to her. After she calmed down, she informed him where she was.

***

Everyone was in their classes. It was completely silent. Apart from a girls heavy panting in the toilets of Gyocho High. She peered at herself with knowing eyes in the over decorated mirror under the florescent lighting. The girl staring back at her was familiar. Her knowing eyes examined her body.

Her skin was tinged with dirt and some blotches of a purplish bruises were slowly taking form. There was a deep scar across her left part of her forehead, blood painfully poured from it. The blood rolled into her eyebrows and her face. The girls clothes were mud stricken and had tears all over them; finally her hair was in tangled with dirt and leaves intertwined within.  However, the one thing Nara refused to believe was that she was helpless to do anything to those girls. She looked into her own eyes and the light had left them completely. It scared her. 

She skipped Art and Music as she didn't want to face anyone especially THOSE guys. (In Art she has to face Kim Bum. In Music she has the rest of Ocean5). It was sickening to know, as she hadn't attended a music lesson yet, but that is all that seemed to pop up in any conversation she heard. She heard a lot.

She turned the tap and crystal clear water trickled down. She started to wash her face with the cold water. The once clear water was drained crimson, it spiralled into the plug hole and disappeared. With an experienced hand she attended to her scar on her forehead. She had some plasters that she always kept with her after Key had persuaded her a few months ago. She slowly took one out and peeled it from its package and carefully stuck it on her scar. 

 The taste of blood was in and it intoxicated her nostrils. She started to bend forward to wash her face again but a shock of electricity flowed through her body that made her wail.  She stood up straight and placed her hands on the sink. She took deep breaths to calm her heart down. The pain was unbearable. She decided to change her clothes. One of her maids had made her take an extra pair after the incident with Kim Bum. She was thankful she listened. She stayed in the toilets for the rest of those two lessons. She couldn’t wait till Key would come.

* * *

She left the toilets as if nothing happened. She was limping at first as the pain in her legs was excruciating however, when other students started to come out of their lessons she stopped. Every step she wanted to scream but she didn’t. No one would have guessed.

Her clothes were perfectly normal and her skin was back to the milky white colour. Her appearance was just as perfect as when she entered the school. Her hair was neatly put into place and her scars-hidden.  She went on her phone and started texting Key.

It read:

“I’m by the P.E department.. (Well buildings?) The swimming baths... I’m waiting outside. Please, come quick… I can’t stay here any longer. I need to get out.“

She clicked on send.  She also added her location to Key as the school was ridiculously massive. Almost in the next minute she got a reply. She opened it.

“Okay. Stay there, I’m near the school now. Don’t move…I’m coming.” She couldn’t help but smile at the text.  She replied:

“Okay.”

She kept her phone in her hand and just stood there. Some students walked past her and gave her funny looks but ran off quickly as if they were scared of something. She ignored them as much as she could. She really didn’t have time for them right now. What she didn’t notice was those 3 girls walking from behind her.

“You!” The leader screamed. Nara jumped backwards in shock and fell. She landed on her right knee first and made a bigger impact on herself. She cursed herself under her breath, as she struggled to get up and get away from those girls. She dropped her phone on the floor. “What they are you still doing here?! You !” She roared at Nara. The short black haired girl quickly bent down and grabbed a handful of hair again and pulled at her, she started screaming as the dull pain in her head had started to get intensified. 

The black haired girl started to drag her inside the building. Another girl kicked Nara again that shut her up from her screams. They disappeared in the building. Her phone was left on the floor.

* * *

Nara was thrown on the floor in the swimming pool area. She was on her knees and her hands were in front. She was crying in pain but she didn’t make a sound. The force of her being thrown reopened some of the wounds and blood started to escape out. There were others in the room but she didn’t want to look up so she stayed looking down she hid behind her hair. She felt so weak, so fragile, and so pointless. She felt as if she was back in her six year old body.

-FLASHBACK-

Nara was in the kitchen with Luhan. She was six and he was two. They were playing with bubbles, on laminate floor. After each bubble would pop, water would be left on the floor making the floor slippery.

“Look at how many bubbles I can blow!” Nara squealed playfully running along the floor. Luhan started to run, following her but instead he started to slip. Nara tried to save him but he still fell flat on the floor. He started wailing really loudly and large tears started forming and spilled from his innocent eyes.

“Shhh!!!” Nara consoled in him trying to make him feel better. “Don’t cry!” She patted on his back, he started to get better. However, at that moment Jungshin came in and saw that Luhan was crying and was quick to judge.

“HOW DARE YOU MAKE YOUR LITTLE BROTHER CRY!” He roared in rage at Nara. She jumped in fright and Luhan started to cry even louder. After a few moments her mother rushed in and picked up Luhan trying to calm him down.

“What do you think you are doing?! He’s your little brother!” Bom shouted at Nara in an annoyed voice. She started to rub Luhan on the back and walked out the room to find his favourite toy that he loved to stop him from crying.

“I didn’t do anything!” She counter attacked back at them trying to defend herself harmlessly.  This seemed to enrage Jungshin. He stalked up to her and slapped her hard, sending her back a few metres.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

“Look who’s here” The es voice interrupted her thoughts. She helplessly started to crawl away from whoever was there; she just wanted to get out of there. She desperately wanted to be with Key and the rest of them, in her old school.... With her familar surroundings. She yearned for it. “Oh no, you don’t!” The es voice shrieked. She gripped Nara's shoulder and pushed her back making Nara hit her head first to the ground. Her vision blurred and black spots started to appear in her sight. The sound around her was distorted and she couldn’t make anything out... My head....

OCEAN5 all peered down at her. The twins smirked at her in her attempt to leave. Kim Bum simply laughed and paid no attention. G.O was nowhere in sight and Jonghyun got up and walked over to her. She was lying on the floor trying her hardest to move.

“Look at how dirty she is… I think she needs a wash!” He laughed darkly, his voice sent a cold shudder down her spine. She had a very strong idea of what he was about to do. All the alarm bells and sirens were bouncing off in her head; She couldn't swim, and she happened to be with the biggest dickhead alive, practically on the floor dying- next to a swimming pool. It was one of the many things couldn't do. Sports and Nara was like water and fire.

“Leave me alone…" She begged him with desperation. "Please…” Her voice broke. Fearful tears started to well up in her eyes, She tried to swallow them down and tried to put a brave face on but it failed. He scooped her up bridal style and started to head closer to the edge of the pool. She noticed that it was the deepest part of the pool as a sign indicated. It read 5 meters.

Thats when her heart started to crash against her rib cage and her breaths became short. Tears started to roll down her face so she gripped her hand tight around his shirt in a balled fist; so tight that her knuckles became white.

"I can't swim!" Nara screamed at him. He ignored her completely like she was speaking another language. "I'll die!" She paniked at him her eyes widening in horror. "I'll seriously die!" She screamed again. Nara started to squrim in his arms and weakly pounded at his chest in all the strength she could recover. She started kicking her legs but it made no use, his steel grip held her in place. He clawed at her hand from his shirt and threw her in, before she could do anything.

She heard a terrifying howl that even scared her, but then she realised the source was her very on voice box. Before she could take a breath she was below the dark waters sinking fast. was open and the water burned down . She didn't have time to think and before she knew it she was losing herself to the cold, empty abyss.