Round One

Most likely to be...

--you POV--

"Ok, let's start off with something super easy - 21, also know as Blackjack. Who's in?" I announce while shuffling the cards.

Kangin: "Ohh! I'm definitely in for this!"

Hangeng: "I love this game!"

Sungmin: "I'm in."

Donghae: "I'll watch for the first match."

Henry: "Me too!"

I deal out the cards from left to right, all along the long table, to the players - Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Kibum, Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Hangeng, Leeteuk, Kangin and Zhou Mi.

"We all know the simple rules right?" I ask along the table. "Cards 2 to 10 have their face value, J, Q, and K are worth 10, and the Ace is worth either 1 or 11 it's your choice. The aim of this game is simple - get a higher score than my hand without going over 21. If you beat me, then I drink...but if you bust, then you drink."

Leeteuk: "What's the punishment drink?"

"For this first match, it will be shots of Rum & Coke." I say as I gesture to the filled shot glasses behind me. "Let's begin." I deal my face-up card. 8 of hearts.

Eunhyuk: "Hit me." He says without hesitation. 2 of spades.

Ryeowook: "Hit me!" 7 of diamonds. "Ah! Bust..."

"Congratulations! This first shot is all yours!" I say, handing him a shot.

Kibum: "Stand."

Sungmin: "Hit me." 4 of hearts.

Kyuhyun: "Stand."

Hangeng: "Stand."

Leeteuk: "Hit me." 6 of spades. 

Kangin: "Hit me." 9 of hearts.

Zhoumi: "Hit me." Diamond ace.

I take my deal and peek at my hidden card...Diamond Ace! Hmm, I can either take this ace as 11 to have a total of 19, or take it as 1 and hit...

"I stand." I announce.

Eunhyuk: "Hit me." 9 of hearts. "Stand."

Sungmin: "Hit me." Queen of spades. "Eh? Busted." I hand him a shot.

Leeteuk: "Hit me." 3 of clubs. "Ooh! Close call. Stand."

Kangin: "Hmm..hit me." 4 of hearts. "Damn." I hand over another shot.

Zhoumi: "Hit me." 7 of clubs. "Stand."

"Flip." I call, and the hidden cards are revealed. Eunhyuk had a hand of 19, Kibum 20, Kyuhyun 19, Hangeng 20, Leeteuk 20, Zhoumi 18. I reveal my hand of 19 and take a shot.

The five rounds continued this way, with Kibum leading and Kangin losing the most. Everyone seems to be more chatty and relaxed after a few shots, but still holding their professionalism. The 3 shots that I've had hasn't taken it's effect on me yet.

Kangin: "Oh! Next Match!"

Henry: "Maybe you should take a rest for this match...sing a song or two?"

Leeteuk: "Yeah, I think your bad luck is beginning to rub off on me."

"Take your seats~" I call, as Donghae replaced Kangin and Siwon replaced Ryeowook. "This second match will use beer shots."

I deal the cards after shuffling and call the match start. Firstly, I deal my face-up card. Ace of Spades!

Eunhyuk: "Hit me." King of hearts.

Siwon: "Hit me!" 3 of diamonds. "Bust..." He said disappointingly.

"Here you go" I say, handing him a shot.

Kibum: "Stand."

Sungmin: "Hit me." 9 of spades. "Bust." I hand over a shot and he drinks it begrudgingly.

Kyuhyun: "Stand."

Hangeng: "Hit me." 6 of diamonds.

Leeteuk: "Hit me." 5 of clubs. "Stand."

Donghae: "Hit me!" Jack of hearts. "Ohhh..busted.." I hand over another shot.

Zhoumi: "Hit me." 8 of spades. "Bust." Another shot passed across.

I reach out for my deal and peek at my hidden card. Please be a 10, please be a 10. Queen of clubs. Yes!

"21! You all drink!" I cheer as I pass over the shots to each of them.

Donghae: "Hah? Have to drink it again..."

Kyuhyun: "Yeah, she got lucky this time."

Kibum: "Ah, didn't think I'd have to drink this match either."

Sadly for Kibum, his winning streak didn't last after that shot. Hangeng came out as the leader at the end of the round with a slightly giddy Donghae ending up busting the most.

"Alright! And that, was 2 warmup matches of 10 hands. Thank you for playing!" I announce, bringing the game to a close.

*Knock knock*

Staff: "Your food is now served."

"Ok, food's here. Let's take a break and continue later!"

 

--RW POV--

"I got you little runaway~ I got you little runaway~" I sang while doing the dance moves. I notice Eunhyuk to my right drinking milk tea. 

"Where's mine?" I ask after I finish singing. He slides my milk tea along the table. "So? How did you go?"

Eunhyuk: "Eh, so-so." 

"Hmm.." I hum, "Next step." I get up from my seat and walk over to the food table.

you: "Hey! That's my chicken wing!"

Henry: "Mine now!" He exclaimed, dunking his wing into his Coke.

Kangin: "Hey..why do you keep doing that?" He asked, pointing to the floating chicken wing.

Henry: "Haven't you ever had Cola wings before?"

Donghae: "Ohh! I've heard of it but never tried! So this is how they make it! Let me try!"

Henry: "Hey! Pour your own cup of Coke!" 

Laughs all around the table as Donghae plopped his chicken wing into Henry's Coke.

"Yo." I greet as I take a seat next to you and Henry.

you: "Hey. Had enough of Karaoke?"

"Yup, for now. It's too depressing looking at the scores." I answer, grabbing a chip from the basket.

 

--you POV--

"Hey! That's my chicken wing!" I shout at the theif, after noticing my empty plate.

Henry: "Mine now!" He exclaimed, dunking his wing into his Coke.

Kangin: "Hey..why do you keep doing that?" He asked, pointing to the floating chicken wing. Hmm, Kangin seems to have sobered up already.

Henry: "Haven't you ever had Cola wings before?"

Donghae: "Ohh! I've heard of it but never tried! So this is how they make it! Let me try!" He stabbed a chicken wing and dropped it into Henry's Coke.

Henry: "Hey! Pour your own cup of Coke!" 

The members on the table cracked up laughing.

Ryeowook: "Yo." He greets, taking a seat next to myself and Henry.

"Hey. Had enough of Karaoke?" I ask, moving the basket of hot chips to his side of the table.

Ryeowook: "Yup, for now. It's too depressing looking at the scores." He answered, grabbing a chip from the basket.

Henry: "Donghae! Stop that! You're making more mess than I am!"

Donghae: "Hehe, more chicken wings!"

Leeteuk: "I think you've had enough wings for tonight..." He said, pointing at the pile of clean bones beside his plate.

 

After some more eating and cleaning up, I look through the fruit bowl for some sweet fruit.

Kyuhyun: "Yoink!" He said as he snatched the remaining apple from the bowl. "You snooze, you lose!"

I stare at the bowl, the bowl of sour, tasteless fruits.

Sungmin: "What's wrong?" He asks, munching on a piece of honey melon.

"There's no more sweet things.." I say, continually staring at the black bowl.

Sungmin: "Hmm, that's no good. Here, you can have my other piece of melon. Smile~" He said, holding the piece of melon in front of his face.

"Really?" I ask, turning to look at him. "Thank you Minnie!" 

Sungmin: "My pleasure! As long as I get to see you smile."

Siwon: "Hmm? Why are there rocks on the bottom of the bowl?" He asked, grabbing a starfruit.

I stick my hand into the bowl and grab one out.

"This isn't a rock! It's a passionfruit!" I exclaim. "Oh, that's right!"

Siwon: "Ooh, what are you doing?" 

I cut open the passionfruit and empty the contents into a shot glass and mix it with vodka. Ladies and gentleman, we have our Round 2 drink.