On Cloud 9

Most likely to be...

--you POV--

Smile? Check.

Gift? Check.

Mind off matters? Check.

 

Although these 3 criteria weren't exactly met in the best circumstances...I still fulfilled them all, albeit a little differently.

Their smiles with tear-stained cheeks, for I've given them back the gift of my presence. All eyes on me, taking their mind off all other matters, for nothing can beat the importance of this critical point in time.

 

 

“W-wa-“ I choke out.

Heechul: Ah! She’s awake!

“W-wa-water..” I cough.

Leeteuk: Water!

Sungmin: Water.

Kangin: Water!

Leeteuk: Here!

“Ah.” I respond reflexively as some water spills out of the cup.

Leeteuk: Ah! Sorry! Tissue!

Ryeowook: Tissue.

Eumhyuk: Tissue!

“Guys, calm down.” I reassure, after gulping down the water. “I’m fine.”

Donghae: But you don’t look fine…

“I feel fine.” I gave a small smile and shuffled up the bed to sit up higher.

Siwon: Woah, lie back down. You need more rest.

Kyuhyun: Yeah, I mean, have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately?

“Like your panda eyes are any better.” I pout and a soft knock sounded at the door.

Hangeng: Ah, doctor.

Doctor: Hello…everyone. May I just remind you all that we are making an exception for so many visitors, but please be quiet as to not disturb other patients.

Leeteuk: Of course, of course. How is she?

Doctor: Hmm, just a small concussion, but we’ll take a blood sample to check on her other vitals.“W-wa-“ I choke out.

Heechul: Ah! She’s awake!

“W-wa-water..” I cough.

Leeteuk: Water!

Sungmin: Water.

Kangin: Water!

Leeteuk: Here!

“Ah.” I respond reflexively as some water spills out of the cup.

Leeteuk: Ah! Sorry! Tissue!

Ryeowook: Tissue.

“Guys, calm down.” I reassure, after gulping down the water. “I’m fine.”

Donghae: But you don’t look fine…

“I feel fine.” I gave a small smile and shuffled up the bed to sit up higher.

Siwon: Woah, lie back down. You need more rest.

Kyuhyun: Yeah, I mean, have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately?

“Like your panda eyes are any better.” I pout and a soft knock sounded at the door.

Hangeng: Ah, doctor.

Doctor: Hello…everyone. May I just remind you all that we are making an exception for so many visitors, but please be quiet as to not disturb other patients.

Leeteuk: Of course, of course. How is she?

Doctor: Hmm, just a small concussion and low blood pressure, but we’ll take a blood sample to check on her other vitals.

Leeteuk: Yes, thank you.

Nurse: I'll be taking the blood sample now, could visitors please exit the room for a minute?

"It's ok. They can stay." I say after many pairs of wet, puppy eyes lock onto mine.

Nurse: I understand. 

 

Tszt. I'm not wincing in pain. Well, a little bit was from pain...but most of it was from the sheer sight of how much blood they took for a "sample". Vial after vial was filled with bright, red blood. My blood. 

The nurse left the room with the vials after saying that I'll have my results by tomorrow morning, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Henry: Are you okay?

"Yeah..." I reply, still depressed at my stolen blood.

Henry: You can say no...

"Argh, ahh." I exclaim, clenching my stomach.

Zhoumi: What's wrong?

"Argg...what time is it?" I ask, still holding on tightly.

Zhoumi: 2:16pm.

"Ahh...I haven't eaten lunch yet." I reply sheepishly.

Shindong: We'll go get something for you. You just rest here.

"Ah, thanks." I smiled and some members left to find food.

 

Noticing the heavy silence and swallowing, I thought up of an idea that would relieve the atmosphere.

"Umm...you guys must be tired...should go rest too." I start. Red, tired and worn-out eyes look back at me. "Or..you could stay here...but, I want to speak to everyone individually..."

Leeteuk: Alright! Order from oldest to youngest! Everyone out!

I gigled at Leeteuk's vigour and the grumbles from some of the younger members.

 

Leeteuk: This is one of the times I love being the oldest.