like dan and blair ;

Confession

 

 

Cha Sunwoo made his mind. Tomorrow was going to be the ‘day’ of his ultimate confession.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Junghwan asked. The two boys were playing basketball at the nearby basketball court at their neighbourhood. After a few rounds of one-on-one match, they decided to take a quick break.

 

“Nope, not really sure, but this is now or never.” He replied, as he gulped the water down to his throat. He was feeling determined, nervous, and excited – but at the same time, he was scared. He felt concerned if everything was going to change after tomorrow.

 

“I hope she would have the same feelings as you though. You’ve liked her since forever, and it’s getting pathetic of you to keep this to yourself, really.”

 

“Yah-” He glared at him and hit his arm lightly, causing Junghwan to chuckle a little.

 

“I was joking, alright?”

 

“You and your stupid jokes.”

 

“But really, what are you going to do, if she says no and rejects you?” This time, Junghwan asked him, in a rather serious tone. Being Sunwoo’s best friend for the past three years, he had long knew about his one-sided crush on this particular girl. Sunwoo talked about her, almost every day, he laughed at her jokes – even when it wasn’t as funny as it was supposed to, he picked up her calls even when it was midnight (he was willing to sacrifice his hours of sleep) and he would always be there for her, even when she was too blind to see it. Junghwan kept his fingers crossed and hoped that tomorrow, everything would be going well for his best friend.

 

“If she says no, then, I’ll just move on with my life. At least – I’ll get my answer.”

 

If only moving on was as easy as the words being uttered, none of the memories would linger in anybody’s mind, and everyone would be living their life with no attachments, no broken hearts, or whatsoever.

 

 

 

 

 

Today was the day.

 

He was busy rampaging on his game console, playing his favourite soccer game, when he heard the doorbell rang. He threw his console on his bed, and quickly carried his steps towards the door. He was expecting her to arrive – and he was right, after all.

 

“According to my watch, you’re late for a minute and 10 seconds.” He said, while leaning himself against the door, furrowing his eyes.

 

“You are lucky enough that I decided to come.” She replied back in annoyance, and pushed him sideway, so she could make her way into the house.

 

“Yah-, Yoon Bomi!”

 

Yoon Bomi is the name of his other best friend, the friend that he grew up with, the girl whom he would argue with every now and then, the only girl friend (not girlfriend) that would play soccer game with him and the person who was going to be his wingman for his date today. He thought that he was in need of advices, and who else would fit perfectly into the role, if the person wasn’t Yoon Bomi.

 

“So, spill me the details.” She said nonchalantly, as she planked herself into the sofa at his living room, while her hand was reaching the television’s remote control, and switching it on. It was always a habit of hers to make herself feel at home, more so, when she’s at Sunwoo’s house.

 

Sunwoo shook his head, and scooted over on the sofa, as he took a seat next to her.

 

“The girl’s name is Naeun, Son Naeun.” He muttered, starting off the conversation.

 

“Cute name. Who sets you guys up?”

 

“Junghwan.”

 

“Is she pretty?”

 

“Like a goddess.”

 

“She is way out of your league then.”

 

He glared at her, and she chuckled. “What, what? Did I say something wrong?”

 

Their friendship was one of a kind; it was like Tom and Jerry, like summer and winter, like Dan and Blair. One minute, they would be insulting each other, the second, they would be stealing each other’s foods, and sometimes, they would compliment each other – without even realizing it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, what should I wear, wingman?” He asked, while browsing through his piles of clothes in his wooden closet. He wasn’t a very neat guy, so most of his shirts were scattered all over the place. His room was a bit messy, in which, Bomi would call it as a pig’s barn.  

 

“You know, if your Naeun sees this, I bet she would be freaking out.” Bomi blurted out, shaking her head. She didn’t remember how many times had she advised him to clean up his unorganized room, as every time she nagged, he would shut her up by bribing her with foods. She was the kind of girl who would get all excited in front of foods and the only girl that Sunwoo reckoned, would have preferred white chocolates over flowers and roasted pork belly over vegetable salads.

 

“Which is why, you’re the only girl, who gets to enter my room with or without my permission. Not that you bother to ask permission, do you?”

 

She stuck out her tongue and took a seat on the couch next to his bed. She crossed her legs, waiting for her ‘wingman’ service to be called upon to. She had no idea of why she had come to agree to be his wingman, when he dropped the question to her last night during one of their late-night phone conversations. She must’ve had been that drowsy (or perhaps she had lost her mind), that she had said yes to his silly request.

 

“Should I wear this?” He asked, as he pulled out a black, collar shirt, matching it with a pair of blue jeans.

 

“That is kind of simple? But then again, you kind of look the best when you’re simple.”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?”

 

“Nothing. Go and get change now, silly.”

 

He threw the pillow at her, and scoffed. “Don’t peek.”

 

She was scanning through the pictures on the wall, while waiting for Sunwoo to get change. She noticed that there were quite a lot of their pictures together – and a few of her pictures. Sunwoo likes to take pictures with his Polaroid camera, and Bomi was often cast as his free-of-charge model – again, one of those many stupid things that she was willing to do for her best friend.

 

“How do I look?” His sudden voice startled her from behind. She turned around and saw how he looked sort of good looking, especially without his cap on his head. He had his hair all spike up, and his black collar shirt made him look rather masculine, although the baggy blue jean, added in his hip-hop style.

 

“Not wearing cap?” She asked.

 

“Should I?”

 

“Perhaps, not. You kinda look good with this spikey hair of yours. Besides, you don’t want her to look at you as if you’re a 16-year-old boy.”

 

“But you like me in caps though.”

 

“And not every girl would like you in caps, like I do.”

 

His lips somehow curved into a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was an hour more before the date, and Sunwoo’s nervousness started to dwell in him. It wasn’t his first time going on dates, but today – just for today, he had tons of butterflies flying wildly in his stomach.

 

“Should I get her some flowers?” He asked, breaking the somewhat silence between them. The two best friends have been walking together from Sunwoo’s house to the nearby town. At first, Bomi did not wanted to go but because Sunwoo insisted so (and because he said he needed more advices along the way), she decided to tag along with him.

 

“That would be a good idea. Girls love flowers.” She mumbled.

 

“What if she doesn’t like flowers?”

 

“Why won’t she?”

 

“Just cause. You know, a girl like you. You don’t like flowers, do you?”

 

“That’s because I can’t eat flowers.”

 

He let out a small laugh. His best friend is not the most girlish girl in the world, but she had her charms – which was attractive enough in any person’s eyes.

 

“Should I kiss her on our first date?” He asked, again. The question made Bomi to stop on her tracks, with her eyes widened. She pulled out a disgusting face expression – and he chuckled.

 

“Eww! That is so provocative!”

 

“It was a joke, you stupid.” He replied, ruffling her hair, with a naughty smirk. She stuck her tongue out and then dragged him to a small, souvenir shop, along the streets.

 

“You should buy something for her.” She then suggested, a silver bracelet, with a key, a lock and a heart-shaped, as the decorative pendants.

 

“Do you think she would like this?”

 

“I bet she would.”

 

“I think it’s cheesy.”

 

“No, it’s not, I’m your wingman, you should listen to my advice.”

 

“Fine, whatever.”

 

And so, he decided to buy it after all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The pair boarded on a bus, and upon realizing that his time was ticking, Sunwoo sat rather quietly, wandering off with his own thoughts. His anxiousness was starting to get the best out of him, and she had sort of noticed it. She had known him since forever, and whenever he got quiet, she knew that something wasn’t right and her instinct never failed on her.  

 

“Butterflies?” She asked.

 

He nodded slightly, with a forced smile.

 

“You’ll be fine. Don’t worry too much.”

 

“You think she’s going to like me?”

 

“She would, you’re Cha Sunwoo, after all.”

 

He smiled at her remarks, somehow it comforted him a little, but he was still as nervous as he could ever be. He was about to risk everything that he cared for.

 

They then walked a bit, before finally reaching the destination, the small amusement park at town.

 

“Are you ready for the date?” She asked, for final reassurance. “Remember what I said before? Be confident, be a gentleman, be a good listener and listen to what she says and don’t forget to give her the bracelet.”

 

“I would do so.”

 

She gave him a quick hug, before parting ways.

 

But he was still going back and forth, contemplating if this was the right thing to do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Opportunities don’t always come at the right moment; neither do such thing as saying that the right moment exists. Every moment is perfect if we utilized it with what we aim for and in this case, for one, that has been waiting forever for a confession – this would be the moment that he swears he would not let it to slip away.

 

“Hey, Bbom-ah, wait up.”

 

She glanced over her shoulder, and with her forehead slightly creased, she made her way towards the even more fidgety looking Sunwoo.

 

He paused a little, took a deep breath and gathered his courage. 

 

“There’s actually no Son Naeun in my life and this whole date thing is – fake.”

 

She shrugged, had not grasped his words, so she stood quiet.

 

“I like you. I like you as more than friends.”

 

She narrowed her eyes, clasping her cheeks with her hands. A moment of silence fell between them – which somewhat felt as if it was the longest silence in his life. He didn’t know what more felt worse, either waiting for her to respond or waiting for the possibility of him being rejected.

 

“If you ask me, for how long have I liked you; I have no answers for that. If you ask me, for why do I like you, I can’t seem to find the answers myself. It’s just that when I look at you, I see everything that I wanted in my whole life. It’s you and it has always been you.”

 

They say, unrequited love is the most foolish thing in the world.

 

They used to watch little clouds together, talking about the most random things, on how he would say that he would marry her if nobody had wanted her – and how she would laugh at the thought, because it was just too ridiculous – like how he took her as his date on their final high school’s prom and she thought that he pitied her for being rejected by her high school crush – like how he would pick her calls and stay awake with her, conversing about the silliest gossips in which most guys wouldn’t care – and like how he pulled her into his embrace on the day that she broke up with Chansik.

 

She might have forgotten all those little things, being blinded with the beauty of the world that she chased after, when the one that truly cared about her – was there, the entire time, waiting blindly for the perfect time, for the right time, that he thought would come.

 

“You’re cheesy.” She blurted out.

 

“I’m cheesy.”

 

“And stupid too.”

 

“I know.”

 

“I hate you.”

 

“I don’t hate you.”

 

“I hate you for making me waiting for this long.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

She carried her steps, stood in front of him, and stared deeply into his round eyes. He pulled her into a hug, and kissed her forehead. “A kiss on the forehead is fine for a first date, right?”

 

She smiled.

 

Today was going to be the beginning of their new chapter. 

 

 

 

 


p.s: I think this one-shot is kinda ugly and I'm being unfair to my side-ship, Baro/Bomi :(... Anyways, this is inspired from the MTV's reality show called, Friendzone.. I had this idea for quite sometime, but I can't seem to put it to words... I hope this doesn't disappoint though ~ and thank youuuu to my subscribers, for willing to subscribe this, even though the pairing is not popular (yet).. Take care and God bless ^^