Get Home Soon, I'm Waiting for You~

Where You Lay Your Head [Taemin/OC Oneshot]

It's five o'clock in the morning

Conversation got boring

You said you're going to bed soon

So, I snuck off to your bedroom

I thought I'd just lay there

Then, I heard you come up the stairs

I pretended I was sleeping

I was hoping you would creep in

~ "5 O'Clock in the Morning" - T-Pain, Lily Allen, & Wiz Khalifa


She slid all the way up to the head of her bed, resting her back against the headboard. Getting comfortable and folding her legs Indian-style, she let her phone drop to her lap. She glanced over at the white numbers on her digital clock: 4:15am. She should be fast asleep, but, of course, she wasn't. She wouldn't go to sleep on him, at least she hoped not. Her phone lit up and buzzed and she picked it up without hesitation.

From: TaeBear

You're not asleep yet?

To: TaeBear

You always get mad when I fall asleep on you. Are you trying to get rid of me? T_T

From: TaeBear

No! D: I just don't want to keep messing up your sleep~

To: TaeBear

Let me worry about that, okay? ^3^

From: TaeBear♥

But you don't worry about it. xD So, I will~ You need sleep~

To: TaeBear

>_>" Pabo, don't worry unnecessarily~ What about your sleep?

From: TaeBear

I think I'm just going to sleep here at the hotel. (__ __)...zzZZ Too sleepy to drive back~ T_T

To: TaeBear

All right. Get some sleep then. I'll see you tomorrow, ne?

From: TaeBear

Ne. Now, go to sleep~ ^^

To: TaeBear

Yeah, Yeah~ ^3^

She smiled to herself, plugging her adapter back into her phone and setting it on the nightstand, next to the clock. She bit her lip, sliding out of bed. Although there was no one else in the house, her footsteps were precise and practically silent, save for the few defiantly noisy floorboards, as she made her way down the hallway to her housemate's room. Her eyes glanced over at the clock on his nightstand: 4:30am. She frowned a little, wishing he could get the chance to sleep in his own bed more often. While she really did want that for him, admittedly, she just preferred when he got the chance to sleep at home. Taemin's habit of crawling into her bed to sleep made her wonder sometimes why they just didn't sleep in the same room in the first place. She would never admit it, but she always slept better after a night of snuggling him and coaxing him to sleep. Unfortunately, she hadn't gotten the chance to perform the little routine as often since he'd accepted the job as a "choreographer to the stars." Taemin was very good at what he did, incredibly great to be exact. It's just that, with his continuous traveling, she had gotten the chance to realize just how attached she was to him.

Sighing sadly, and even tearing up a little, she reached for the puppy she got for him, that he kept nested in his pillows. She smiled a little and poked at the heart pillow the puppy held in its mouth. It was ironic how he kept the gift tucked away with care in the place he so rarely got to lay his own head. She crawled into the bed and glanced at the clock again: 5:00am. She snuggled the puppy to her chest and rested her chin on top, wondering if Taemin was asleep yet. She froze, hearing the door downstairs clicking shut. So, he decided to come back after all. That made her smile to herself.

She didn't move and stayed quiet while listening to the faint sound of his footsteps coming down the hall. The faint steps stopped for a moment, and she was sure that he was checking her room. The footsteps quickened in pace until they reached the room she was currently in. She wanted to giggle at the way she could hear him calming his breathing. It made her wonder if his heart had skipped or fluttered when he hadn't seen her in her own bed. "I know you're not asleep," his gentle voice floated to her from the doorway. She turned over slowly, so that she was facing him now. Her smile grew wider at how adorable he looked. Taemin was leaning against the door post, one hand holding onto the strap of his duffel bag, where it lay across his chest, and the other hand occupied with keeping hold of the arm of a cute white bunny plush toy. So, that's where the other stuffed animal she'd gotten him had gone.

Taemin slipped the strap he was holding onto over his head, setting the bag on the floor by his feet, before making his way over to the bed. He climbed in, holding the bunny to his chest, mirroring the way she had the puppy. He smiled sweetly, "Is it my turn to help you sleep?" She laughed softly, "What makes you think I can't sleep?" He kissed her forehead, "Seems like you're missing someone." "Yeah, I was," she admitted, running her fingers through his hair. "I missed you, too," he replied, voice touched out and distant. Looking into his eyes, she frowned a little. "T-Taemin..." she questioned with worry. Taemin simply smiled and pecked her lips. Her eyes widened a bit. "T-Taemin," she repeated. He chuckled, "Yes?" She couldn't think of a proper response, at least verbally, because, before she realized it, their lips were pressed together again. This time, it was her doing and he was left stuttering her name.

"I've been missing you a lot lately."

"But...like that?"

"'Like that?' What do you-- Oh..." she laughed nervously, a hint of red to her cheeks, "I care about you. I just worry about you when you're not home."

"...That means you're spending most of the time worrying about me..."

Another bashful laugh, "I do, but I don't mind it."

"I mind though..." Taemin frowned, laying an arm over her waist and pulling her close, hugging her to him. He rested his chin atop her head as she slid the stuffed bunny out of the way a little to press her ear to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. After a moment, she began giggling softly. He smiled bright and kissed the top of her head, "What's so funny?" "I just didn't think there'd ever be a time when you'd be helping me to get to sleep," she smiled. He shook his head, still smiling, and moved the stuffed animals from between them - placing them between her back and the wall, and then pulling her tighter to him.

"I'm here for you, too, you know," Taemin spoke just above a whisper, rubbing her back soothingly.

"Yes, I know~"

"...Do you know that I love you?"

She blushed and pulled away just enough to look up at him, "Ar-Are you s-serious?"

"Of course I am. I took a cab back at 4:30 in the morning just because I can't sleep when you're not just down the hall."

Taemin blushed and she kissed his nose, "I love you, too." He smiled brightly and hugged her yet again, "Oh! One more thing, do you mind taking me back to the hotel tomorrow to get my  car?"

"I'll take you, Minnie, now, get some sleep~"

"I have to check though~!"

"Check? What is it?"

"You-You're mine...right?"

"Ne, now, try to sleep." She pecked his lips and then curled into his chest again.

Taemin nodded, falling asleep almost immediately. With her in his arms, and finally as more than just his friend, he had the best sleep he'd had in a long while.


This was supposed to be at least a little bit ty, but it turned into all cotton candy fluff. OTL

Should I write up the astic version, too? o_O"

~AmbieAssassin ^^