Choi Seung Hyun

500 Days of Spring [Hiatus]

 


 

Bye. How could he have known that it was going to be literal?

 

 

“Oppa! Faster! We’ll be late for school.” Sulli shouted from outside the house.

“Coming!” Seung Hyun replied as he rushed down the stairs. Running to the garage, he went to get his motorcycle, a big bike.

“Aigoo oppa!” She hit her brother’s arm as he approached her.

Seung Hyun’s POV

Aish! That is my troublesome sister Sulli. Bwoh? What are you saying? I’m the troublesome one? Of course not. Anyway, she’s pretty isn’t she? But be sure not to tell her that, or she will be bragging about it for the whole week – or maybe even a month.

 

She studies at the same university as I am. It’s her first day as a freshman in college today that’s why she doesn’t want to be late. Sulli is actually a good sister to have. Imagine, at such a young age, she’s already started working as a model. She came here to Seoul earlier than me because she was offered the job here.

The two of them rode TOP’s bike and left for school. TOP drove fast for they, indeed, are going to be late.

“We’re here. See, I told you you won’t be late.” Seung Hyun said upon arriving at Seoul University.

Sulli glared at him, “You were just lucky.”

He chuckled, “Go to class.”

Sulli began walking when Seung Hyun called her again, “What time will I pick you up?”

She looked back at him but continued walking. She shouted, “I’ll just text you.”

Seung Hyun nodded. When he looked at his watch, he realized the time, “Oh, I’m the one who’ll be late! Aish!”

***

After class, Seung Hyun received a text message from Sulli asking him to pick her up. Sulli’s building is different from Seung Hyun’s so it will still take him about five minutes (if he rides his bike) to get there.

When he arrived at the building, Sulli, along with her friends, was already waiting for him at the entrance of the building.

Upon noticing Seung Hyun arriving, she jogged down the stairs and bid goodbye to her friends, “Oh, my brother’s here, I should go now. Bye!”

“Bye!” They replied while waving their hands.

Seung Hyun didn’t go down from his bike while he waited for Sulli. She rode behind him and put on her helmet.

“It’s the first day of school and you already made friends?” He asked.

“Well, I’m not like you, antisocial.” She teased.

Seung Hyun glowered at her making her laugh. He started the engine and drove.

“Is it okay if you just come with me to work?” He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

“It’s fine.” Sulli said then they left.

After a few minutes, they arrived at the club where Seung Hyun works. He was able to get a job here because their uncle owns it. When his uncle accepted him for the job, he also invited his friends to work at that club. There, he is known as T.O.P.

“Ayo, TOP’s here!” GD shouted at the mic when Seung Hyun and Sulli entered.

The crowd cheered. He and his friends are popular here because aside from DJ-ing, they are also great rappers and singers. This club, YG, is their stage.

Seung Hyun climbed the stage to get on with his job. He changed the CD and started rockin’ the club. GD left the stage to him and went to the VIP area where Sulli also was.

“Hey!” GD greeted.

“Why do you greet me like that?” Sulli seemed disappointed.

“Like what?” He asked as he threw himself next to Sulli who was sitting at the red sofa.

“Like I’m one of your brothers.” She said.

GD stood up and bowed, “Mianhe my lady.”

“Aww, stop it! That’s too much,” Sulli felt embarrassed and looked around to see if someone was watching, “Sit down!”

GD chuckled and sat down again.

“I was referring to a simple ‘hello’.” She said.

GD laughed, “You’re so cute.”

Suddenly, their other friends, Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung, came in.

“Does TOP hyung know you’re here?” Daesung joked.

“Why do I need to ask permission to him?” GD tried to act innocent.

“Maybe because you’re hitting on his sister?” Taeyang laughed.

“Yah! Don’t use such an informal term!” GD threw a pillow at him but he caught it.

The three cracked into a laugh.

“Don’t listen to them Sulli.” GD said.

“I’m used to it.” Sulli laughed.

“Sulli seems to become prettier and prettier every day.” Seungri remarked.

“Yo, maknae, shut up!” GD felt jealous and aimed at him with a pillow. Seungri dodged.

“Yah!” It was CL; she also works at the club with them. “Oh, hi Sulli!” She said upon noticing Sulli and gave her a friendly smile.

Sullli waved, “Hi!”

CL waved back then went back to scolding GD, “What are you doing here chillin’?”

“Waeyo?” GD asked.

“I was the first to DJ and TOP’s already up there. When do you plan to work?” CL was furious.

“Will you please calm down? TOP has been there for just a few minutes. I’ll change places with him when he’s tired.”

“Well, he seems tired. Now get your up there and work.” CL walked out.

Everyone in the room was quiet. They weren’t shocked though, GD and CL has always been like this. They are always teasing and arguing.

GD gave a deep sigh. He got up from the sofa and threw the pillow that he was hugging a while ago on the floor.

TOP was busy DJ-ing when GD appeared next to him.

“What?” TOP asked while nodding along to the beat of the music.

“CL asked me to trade places with you so that you could rest.” GD shouted because the music was so loud.

“I’m still fine bro.”

“You sure?”

“Yep!”

GD smiled then left. GD is TOP’s best friend. They’ve known each other since they were kids. They met each other when GD and his family moved next to TOP’s house. They have been friends ever since. However, the two grew closer when they learned that they both like to sing and rap.

When GD came back to the VIP room, CL along with her friends Dara, and Minzy, were already there, chatting with the others.

“What are you doing back here?” CL asked.

“TOP said that he’s not yet tired.” He said then he stuck his tongue out making CL irritated.

Everyone laughed, except for CL.

***

YG Club closes at 12 midnight. The group decided to go home and parted ways.

“Sorry if you had to stay up late to accompany me.” TOP said while driving.

“It’s okay, I enjoy being with your friends.” The sleepy Sulli said.

TOP smiled.

When they arrived home, Sulli went straight inside the house. TOP was still in the garage when Sulli called out to him, “Oppa! The lights are out!”

TOP went to the house and clicked the light switch on and off, “It is.”

“Ugh!” Sulli pouted and went upstairs.

TOP was about to go back at the garage when he heard Sulli scream. Worried, he immediately ran up to her room. When he got there…

“Yah! Oppa! How dare you!” Sulli said as she hit the person.

TOP was puzzled for he can’t make out who the person was. He walked to them to see who it was.

“Ta dah!” The unknown person flicked on the flashlight that he was pointing from underneath his chin.

“Hyung?” TOP said.

Sulli, who was standing with her arms crossed at her chest, rolled her eyes and irritatingly said. “Of course it’s Dong Wook oppa!”

“Hyung! You’re home!” TOP shouted then embraced his brother, Dong Wook. “But I didn’t notice your bike?”

“Of course! That’s because I hid it well!” Dong Wook bragged.

Sulli chuckled annoyingly.

“Yah! Why are you so irritated?” Seven asked Sulli.

“Maybe because you scared the hell out of me?!” She yelled then she sat down on her bed like a child having tantrums.

The brothers just laughed.

TOP’s POV

 

That’s our brother Choi Dong Wook, also known as Se7en. He owns a recording studio at Gangnam. He has lived separately from us for about a year now because of his work. We share the same passion for music that’s why we’re close, but we still fight occasionally.

The Choi brothers were downstairs, chatting, while Sulli tried to grasp back her sleepiness. After a while, the lights .

“Finally, I can sleep!” Sulli said as she threw herself on the bed.

“Let’s have a drink!” Seven said.

“Sure!” TOP replied then the two of them went to the kitchen to get some wine.