32nd

Just Like A Puzzle, You Confuse Me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

32nd Piece of the Puzzle

“The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” 
― Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

 

 

"I'm so sorry, Taeyeon."

 

The onyx eyes couldn't stop themselves from shedding tears. Taeyeon was left alone, confused and messed up. Just when she was ready to take the risk, the other one just gave up so easily without even explaining things. All she could think of was 'WHY?'

She wanted to run after the girl who just walked out- Grip her arm, pull her close, and hug like there's no tomorrow. She wanted to stop the girl from leaving and just kiss her lips just to end all the heartache. All these just remained in her head.

 

Something was trying to stop her. And she had no idea what it was.

 

Dealing with a heartbreak for the second time around wasn't really a good way to start a new life.. And what's worse was she was left alone again, without knowing the reason why.

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV

 

'Do not turn back, Tiffany. You can do this. Just walk faster and you'll get through this in no time.'

 

I'm trying my best not to look back as I walk out of this restaurant. I'm sorry, TaeTae.

It's not easy to hold back tears when you know you're hurting the one you love. I'm hurting just as much. It's even worse in my part. Taeyeon has no idea how torturing this is for me.

 

Dad welcomes me inside our car with a look that's hard for me to decipher. He pulls me into a hug and the next thing I know, I'm crying a river.

"Was it that hard, Tiff?" He asks, patting my back with his hand. "You'll get over this soon. I know you, you're my daughter."

 

"I love her, dad." I say in between my sniffs. "And I'm sorry if you think I'm a big disappointment in this family."

 

He pulls away from the hug, wiping my tears using the back of his finger. "You are not a disappointment, Tiffany. If your mom's still alive, I'm sure she'll be so proud of you."

 

 

****

 

It's been three days since the break up. I am such an emotional masochist. For three days, I've confined myself in my room, going out only when it's necessary. I've been packing my things for a week already, but it feels like I'm always lacking something. And someone.

'I wonder what she's doing right now. I need her. But we're over.'

I always find myself staring at my phone, waiting for her to call me.

 

But for three long days, the only messages I've been getting were always from the network operator, informing me about their latest promos. Like I care. I'm leaving in two days. I'm not gonna use this number anymore.

 

'It's my fault, isn't it? I broke up with her. I deserve this. But I can't take it anymore.'

 

I grab my phone and type whatever my mind tells me to.

✉[TaeTae, can we talk? Please.]

Pressing the 'send' button is difficult. I delete everything and type again. This time, the message is not for her.

✉[Soo, I'm leaving in 2 days. You'll be there to send me off, right?]

 

***Flashback***

 

Tiffany was smiling up to her ears as she entered the main door. She was holding the 'love contract' that she wrote with Taeyeon not too long ago. Little did she know that her father was not from a far distance. He saw everything, but didn't hear anything.

"Tiffany, is there something going on between you and Taeyeon?" Mr. Hwang asked, greeting his daughter infront of their door. 

The young girl was bewildered by her father's question. She was taken aback for rarely did her father ask questions about this matter.

"W-what do you mean, dad?"

"You clearly know what I mean, Tiff. Go on. Spill it out. You know I'm a cool dad."

Tiffany was still speechless. She was pondering on whether to co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter