A Shoulder to Lean On

A Shoulder to Lean On

 

It was late at night, almost midnight at the SM training building. Most of the lights were turned off by the staff, but it wasn't completely dark. My group members headed out of the building, except for me. I had to go back to the shower room because I forgot the shirt that I wore when I practiced "Electric Shock". I was planning to wash it immediately when I get home.
 
I peeped inside the shower room. I looked at the counters and found a blue shirt.
 
"There you are."
 
I took it and left the shower room. I walked through the dark hallway by myself, since the SM staff were already gone. As I passed by several practice rooms, I noticed that there was a dimmed light coming from one of the rooms ahead of me.
 
Ahhh, maybe someone didn't turn off the light. I guess I'll have to turn it off myself.
 
As I took small steps towards the practice room, I started hearing some music.
 
Huh? Someone's in there? But it's late already... and everyone's pretty much gone.
 
I slowly walked to the door and peeped inside the room. A tall guy with blonde hair, wearing a black shirt and gray sweat pants was dancing to a nice R&B song in English. It was no other than Kris, the leader of EXO-M.
 
I've always liked everything about him. Mysterious. Cold. Full of charisma. A bit shy. Always acting cool all the time, as if he doesn't have any problems. I've always thought he was handsome, even during our trainee years. Although, I've always wondered what goes through his mind. Yes, we're really good friends, but it's hard to know what he's thinking about because he's so mysterious.
 
Right now, I can tell by the way he's dancing, that he's thinking about something deep. Is he depressed? Is he inspired? Is he happy? ... or maybe he's in love?
 
The song that he was dancing to was finally over, and I just realized that I've been staring at him all this time. Sweat on his face started dripping, but he quickly got a small towel and rubbed it on his face. Then, he took a refreshing drink from his water bottle.
 
Should I go greet him? ... No, that would be kind of awkward if I just come out of the blue. But wait, he's a really good friend of mine, so that wouldn't matter at all and he wouldn't think of it that way. Ugghhh. Fine, I'll just greet him and leave.
 
I went inside the practice room and he turned his head to me and smiled.
 
"What's up, Amber? I thought everyone went home already, but I guess I was wrong."
 
"W-well, I left my shirt in the shower room, so I went back to get it. I gotta go now. Just went here to say hi."
 
I turned around and walked towards the door.
 
"By the way," I added. "That was an awesome dance!"
 
He laughed a little. "Oh, you saw that?"
 
I closed my eyes and talked to myself in my mind. Ahh, Amber, why did you say that?! Now, he's gonna think you're creeping on him.
 
I turned around and faced him.
 
"U-uhhh... yeah, sorry..."
 
"Nah, it's nothing." He brushed his hair with his fingers. "Do you want me to teach you that dance?"
 
I would love to! But my group members... They've been waiting for me...
 
I looked at the door, then at him, then at the door, and at him again.
 
"Come on, Amber. It's kinda lonely being the only one here."
 
Ugghhh, fine, Kris. I'll just text Victoria.
 
I quickly took out my phone from my pocket.
 
 
To: Vic
 
You guys can go ahead. I'll stay here in the building for one more hour. I'm sorry about that. And don't worry about me.
 
 
 
I put my phone away and looked at Kris, who was waiting for my answer.
 
"So?" He said.
 
"Y-yeah, sure! I'll dance with you!"
 
I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket, so I took it out once again.
 
 
From: Vic
 
That's okay. We're on our way home. Oh, and have fun with Kris~ Hehehe~!
 
 
 
Wait... she knows that Kris is here?! Ahhh, never mind...
 
I stood next to Kris, facing a huge mirror, just like any dance practice room would have.
 
"Ready?" Kris the music and I started copying his moves.
 
_______________________________________________________
 
I danced with Kris for about an hour. I sat on the smooth, hardwood floor, leaning against the mirrored wall.
 
"Here." He threw a water bottle at me and I caught it perfectly. Then, he sat next to me on the floor.
 
At that moment, I wanted to ask him if he had any problems in his life. I mean, everyone has problems, but I wanted to ask him about those kinds of problems that have been bothering him lately.
 
"So, anything bothering you lately?"
 
He sighed. "Nothing really. Just tired from work and schedules."
 
I laughed. "Then why are you making yourself more exhausted with all this dancing?!"
 
"Ehh, I just felt like doing it."
 
I nodded my head and chuckled. For a minute, we were quiet. There wasn't anything to talk about at all... or is there?
 
"Ahhh, I'm so tired. I think I'm gonna fall asleep any second now." Kris yawned.
 
After a minute, his head leaned on my shoulder. My eyes widened and I was surprised, thinking of what he was doing. Was this intentional or what? My heart was beating so fast. I don't know what I felt, but I felt like I was flying in the sky.
 
I tried to look at his face over my shoulder, but I couldn't see his face. I didn't want to squirm around just to look at his face, plus, he would probably fall if I move a lot.
 
Ah! I'll just take out my phone and look at him from the front camera.
 
I slowly took out my phone from my pocket. Then I looked at the front camera on the screen.
 
Ohhh... He's sleeping...
 
Kris might look tough all the time, but he actually looks like an angel when he's sleeping. Huh. Must be an angel sent from heaven above.
 
I smiled as I looked at his face from my front camera. He looked perfect. His nose. His jawline. His small, red lips. His eyelashes. He was fast asleep and I couldn't do anything else but to stay by his side.
 
Maybe I should take a picture ... Hmmmm, maybe not ... Nah, forget it.
 
I stared at his face for a few minutes on the screen of my phone.
 
You know what Kris? I like you. I've been liking you since the day I met you. It's been several years already, how can you not see it? I know you'll never like me. I like you more than anything else, but how can I expect you to feel the same way about me? How can I ever tell you? Can you like me, please? Even just a little bit...
 
_____________________________________________________
 
"Wh-what?! How?! When?! Where?!"
 
I woke up on my bed. I looked around my room. The sun was peeking through my window.
 
Aish... That was all a dream. I thought it was real... Well, I'm going back to slee-
 
Someone suddenly opened my door. It was Victoria. Ugghhh, she didn't even knock.
 
"Yah! It's morning already! Get up!"
 
I grunted and buried myself under the pillow. First, I woke up from a beautiful dream that I thought was real, and now, a loud woman just entered my room. Can this get any worse?
 
"Oh, and here. Your phone." She put my phone down on my side table. "Get up and eat breakfast already!"
 
She finally left the room and closed the door.
 
I looked at my side table, and there was my phone. Why did Victoria even have it?
 
I reached for it and unlocked it.
 
Hhmmm... Messages from Jia, Key, and...Kris? ... Wait... KRIS?
 
I quickly opened Kris's message. We're friends, but I know that he barely texts anyone, so I was a bit surprised.
 
 
From: Kris
 
Hey, you fell asleep last night in the practice room. I actually did too. Luckily, I woke up and drove you home. I had to piggyback you all the way to your room. You were so heavy! Haha, just kidding. You almost left your phone on the floor when you were sleeping in the practice room, so I just gave it to Victoria. Oh yeah, and I took a picture of us when you were asleep. Haha! I attached it to this message, so be sure to look at it. ;)
 
{Open attachment}
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hello to everyone and to all the Krisber shippers. Hehehe~ I don't even know why I made this one shot. I just felt like the world needs more Krisber because I ship them so hard. xD And about the "practice room" picture... I know that SM's practice room has a sky wall/background (or whatever you call it), but I didn't feel like getting that picture for some reason. Haha~ xD Well, thanks to all the people who read this and I hope you enjoyed it. ^^ It's probably not the ending that you're expecting, but I'll leave everything to your imagination. =) LOL don't you guys wish that the attachment was real? xD Thanks again~ And please let me know what you thought about this story. ^^
 
EDIT 8/26/12: So like I said on the foreword, this one shot is a reposted one story. I mean, I created it myself, but I had to post it again because it disappeared. I created it on 2012-07-26 (haha exactly one month ago) and then poof~ a lot of stories disappeared on aff. Hehe~ well, that's okay. I'm just glad I recovered it because I like this story and it makes me happy because I ship Krisber so hard. lol Click here to see the original page of this fic (I don't know why you would want to look at it, though. The old comments are there.)
 
ATTENTION! ^^ If you liked this one shot, do you mind voting for this poll? I don't know if I have time to make a sequel, but I would really consider it if I get 10 votes! ^^ Thanks~