01

All the things you will never know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: First part is in Kyungsoo's POV

- - -

01 | Lost in Limbo

It seemed that time had stopped.  That was my only conclusion I could make, as I had watched the red stained sun stayed perched on the borderline between the sky and the ground for what had seemed like eternity. 

It felt like hours, then days had passed since I had first woken up in this strange wilderness with no recollection of how I came there.  I did not know how long I had wandered in the vast emptiness of the empty field that surrounded me. It seemed never ending and that in itself felt suffocating.  

Because I wondered, where were you?  Were you alright?

The air was still, with only a light scent of damp earth lingering.  It reminded me of the times you pulled me into the closest park after it had rained. 

With you and your favourite red gumboots. 

I watched you jumping happily from puddle to puddle as if you were without a care in the world.  And I remember your wide toothed grin clearly, but I’ve forgotten the number of times I told you that you were silly for being so easily amused. 

But the truth was, as I saw you splash in and out of the water, I was captivated.   I was mesmerized by your carefree smile and your limitless playfulness.

I had stored my memories of you securely in my heart.  I thought they would bring me comfort and relief when you weren’t around.  But now, just like the dull shine of the never setting sun, I felt a tugging ache in my chest. 

The one that that tells me that how much I miss you and how much I yearn to see you again.

Was this a dream?

But it felt too real to be a dream, the cold chill of the air felt harsh against my skin.  And even the large brown overcoat I found myself to be wearing did not stop the shivers down my back.  As I placed my hands in my pockets to warm them up, I felt a piece of paper brush again my fingers. 

It was a small piece of lined paper roughly ripped from a notebook, with a few numbers, ‘506’ scribbled in a rush on it.  I had no memory of either the piece of paper or the seemingly random numbers on it. 

Were these numbers important to me?  Because from the rushed of the numbers, I felt like they meant something that I should not have forgotten. 

But before I could ponder any further, out of nowhere a man appeared in front of me.  It seemed that he had just materialized from thin air. He smelt of smoke and petrol.  The man was wearing black jeans, a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket.  He seemed young in age, though his face solemn and expressionless. 

But I didn’t feel as shocked as I expected myself to be.  Maybe, I was beginning to adapt to the strangeness of the land I had found myself in.

“Sorry for keeping you here for so long.  It’s been a big clean up.” He said to me, as if he expected me to understand everything he just said. His voice was deep and soothing.  I didn’t realize someone could have such a calming voice. 

I just nodded, not knowing how to respond or even where to begin with asking him the countl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter