TAKE 3

My Byul

              The next day Ri In had a day off. She slept in a little longer than usual. She had been working so hard for the past few weeks. Now that she got herself a day off, she intended to spend it wisely starting with waking up late.  Just when she began to go back to her sleep, her mobile phone screamed at her ears. She jumped and took the call immediately to shut it.

“Hello?” she said picking up her voice.

“Are you awake?” Junsu at the other end sounded anxious.

“I am now,” she replied with a sense of annoyance. She could barely open her eyes. They wanted to sleep a little bit more.

“You sound tired. It’s ok then. I call you later,”

“What is it? What’s up?” she could sense he needed her help at that moment. Knowing for almost her entire life, she knew he wouldn’t gave her a call this early morning if it wasn't important/

             He explained the situation he was in briefly and she could just imagine how happy he was when she said she would come to help. He was probably jumping up and down when he had her agreement to come down to the kids centre.

             “I’ll be there in 20 minutes top,” she said before hanging up. She rubbed her eyes to and patted her cheeks to keep her awake. It’s not like she didn’t use to not getting enough sleep. Nonetheless, she would be spending her day off with her best friend, so it would be fun. What could she lose?

                Ri In’s mom was in her room checking the bank accounts on the floor. Her head started to ache looking at the number on it. She put her hand on her chest by now thinking it would lessen the “pain” a bit. She heard her daughter was calling her, she tried to hide away the accounts but she wasn’t fast enough. Ri In caught her red handed. Curiosity perked up in Ri In.

               “Umma, what are you doing?” she questioned as she made her entrance into the room.

               “It’s nothing. I’m just checking this and that. Nothing much,”

              “Are you going somewhere?” she attempted to divert their topic.

              “Yehh, but are you sure there’s nothing wrong? You look odd just now. Is there something that matter?” Ri In just fired her with questions.

              “You don’t have to worry. You might be late if you don’t go now. Hurry, go on now.”

                The way she tried to make her leave cause her curiosity to raise a level higher. Her mother was certainly being peculiar just now and she knew best not to argue. She was already late to meet Junsu. She left the house and went for bus to go to the kids centre.

----------------------------------------------

                Junsu was in the middle of circling kids. His sister was one of them. He definitely didn’t know how to react. He didn’t go well with kids that much and this is the very reason why he wanted Ri In to come and help him. His parents asked him to accompany his little sister, Junhui, to that place.  They were very generous people, they gave donation to the centre and it kind of benefitted both sides. They centre got the money supply and Junhui could play with the kids there and made new friends. The kids were still running around in circle surrounding Junsu while he was waiting for them to grow tired of the game and moved on with another one.

                The moment he was waiting for had finally come when Ri In stepped into the centre. The kids all came running towards her and attacked her with hugs at every angle possible. She on the other hand didn’t really mind by their actions. A laugh naturally came out of her and similarly to Junsu, he a painted a smile over his lips and waved at her direction as she put her head up; exchanging stares with him. She was especially beautiful today, he thought.

                The presence of Ri In certainly brought a change, the kids were now more controllable and they actually listened to what Junsu said for the first since he first came. They were not that bad compared to half an hour ago. Ri In finally caught a break and came to sit next to Junsu on the bench whilst the kids were playing with toys on the grassy playground.

                “You are so good with kids,” he complimented her as he offered an ice coffee to her.

                “I’ve always wanted a brother or sister all this time,” she chuckled.

                “How’s work?”

                “Talking about work, I wanted to ask you since we don’t keep secrets to each other. How come your past relationships didn’t last very long? I mean is it because you didn’t actually love them in the first place? or because they turned to annoying chicks?” she tried to ask casually but her high pitched voice betrayed her. She was enthusiastic to know and she didn’t know what really had gotten to her.

                “WOAH! What is this has got to do with “work” matter? I didn’t see any connections there. Help me out here please.” Since he didn’t get any response from her, he thought it was just best to answer the question.

                “Simply said, they were not my ideal type,” he turned his head to look at her.

                “What do you think of me? Am I close to your ideal type?” she asked bluntly as she turned to him.

                Junsu was caught off guard. For a very brief moment, he was actually considering “what about her?” She had known him since he couldn’t even remember. She always tries to understand whenever he was in difficult situations and he looked for the in his partner. Plus, if he looked closely she may not be the prettiest girl in the world but she got her own charms that made her enchanting in her own way. Why not her? He had been looking over at other girls but didn’t notice the one who had always been next to him all this time.

                “Are you okay? “ Ri In brought him back to the reality.

                “I was just joking. You really can’t tell when I’ being serious and when I’m not. You call yourself my best friend? I really am disappointed.

                Junsu still trying to regain his consciousness and he didn’t notice he hadn’t been responding to her question.

                “Kim Junsu? Are you there?” she strived for his attention.

                “Yeah, I’m here. I was just remembering something,” he finally uttered a response.

                “What a nice timing you got there,” she chuckled which he followed suit.

                “You still haven’t told me what’s this question anything to do with work?”  he asked to get back into track. He was slightly embarrassed with the way he acted seconds ago.

                She began with a grin and told him everything on what happened yesterday at the café; about the Chinese guy she happened to meet. She went on and on how interesting that guy was to him and it would be really nice if she were to meet him again. Junsu at the other end found it quite difficult to focus on her story. He didn’t dare to make an eye contact with her. His only reactions were only “Oh~” “Is it?” “Then?” He could hardly concentrate that every now and then his mind would drifted away and exclaiming how pretty the girl who was facing him. He must have lost it. What’s the matter with him today? He couldn’t be gladder when Junhui interrupted their conversation and asked him to sing to the kids.

                Junsu went in front of them and held a bottle as if it a microphone and began to sing a child song. He received a great response from them as they danced along to the song and sang with him. Ri in who was sitting at the back enjoy the sight. She definitely made the right decision to come down to help a bit. This wasn’t exactly what she had on mind to spend her day off, but it was better.

                At that moment, her phone rang. It was from her colleague at work. She answered and got told that there was someone who wanted to meet her. Her mind went racing to figure out who could possibly wish to see her. All of sudden she heard a man’s voice instead of her colleague’s at the other end. It was the Chinese guy she met yesterday. He introduced himself as Henry.

                “Ahh~ Of course it’s you Henry-shi,” she went jumpy instantly.

                “Yeh, yeh, yeh – It’s ok, I can get there by myself – See you there,” she eventually hung up after what seemed like forever.

                Junsu couldn’t help but overheard her loud call. Henry-shii? He thought. Maybe it was the Chinese guy she was talking about earlier. He went to ask for confirmation.

                “Is it the Chinese guy?” he questioned casually.

                “It’s him all right,” she let out a laugh obviously happy to hear news about him but Junsu’s mood was kind of dampened.

                “Are you going off now?”

                “Yes, I’m really sorry I can’ stay longer. I would love to but… you see my situation here.”

                “I can take you there if you like, wherever it is,” he offered a help considering she had done so much this morning  but really he just wanted to see this guy that his friend went crazy for. Was he worth this frenzy that seemed to be infecting her?

                “You would? Perfect then, but who’s going to watch over the kids?”

“The supervisor is inside I can just ask her to take care of them while I was away,”

                They set off to the destination where Ri in and Henry was suppose to meet. Ri In asked him to drop her off two blocks away from their meeting place so that he won’t get a wrong idea of both of them. This upset him. His friend has just gone insane in a day. For God’s sake, she just met him yesterday. He thought this Henry guy must be a hell of a guy. He did as what he was told but he secretly followed her with his car. He wanted to take a look of him.

                Henry; wearing  a blue t-shirt topped with white jacket matched with his white pants, waved his hand at Ri In who came approaching towards him. He was just as glad as Ri In who had agreed to meet him that day.

                “It’s nice to meet you again,” both of them said in unison as they stretched their hands to have a handshake at the same time.

                They were quite embarrassed by it but decided to laugh it off. They must have been nervous.

                “It’s nice to meet you, Henry-shii” Ri in tried again.

                “Nice to meet you two, just call me Henry,” he uttered as he offered a handshake.

                Ri In went blushing when he said to drop the honorific. Junsu eventually got a look at the Henry guy who had been his friend crazy.

                “So this is Henry-shii…”

===================================================

Sorry for those who had been waiting for the update. We’re kind of slow at this. We had this so many crazy ideas but in the end we decided to not use any of them because they were crazy just like the name suggests. Hehe. We hope you still have interest to read the story. Comments and criticism are welcomed and thanks for your time dear readers.

This has been jinshikee & devinEvil