How did we get?

No Air

 

That is how they met for the first time. It was awkward and embarrassing.  It is not like the first time Hyosung sees Eric in real life, she saw him a lot before when she was in Good Entertainment, but in her memory he is someone who is quiet and serious so she found him very unapproachable and scary. Eric barely had an eye on her back then. More exactly, he probably did not have an eye on any one at that time. He had a girlfriend and for him Hyosung is just another contestant like any other contestant. Eric rarely watches TV but here and there, he saw Hyosung and Secret. He did not have much impression on her either. She is not his type. She is too young, delightful and approachable.

 It has been a week since they started shooting the MV and today is the last day. The story is about a man who lost his girlfriend in an accident when she left their house after a stupid quarrel. After her death, he found out that he could barely live without her so he kept making his own delusion that she was still with him like when she was alive. Until he realized it was just his delusion and that she was really gone, he broke into tears and was completely devastated. He suddenly woke up and realized it was just a dream and his girl was curling up in his embrace on their bed. However, when he closed his eyes peacefully knowing it was just a nightmare, there was actually no one beside him and he was actually still in his delusional world. So the song is about how people don’t appreciate precious things in their lives and when they are gone, they regret over it but it is already too late.

The shooting is going fine. Hyosung is doing quite well on her part. Then again, acting part is mostly on Eric’s court, all she does is just being lovely, dovey and sometimes intimate with him. Eric never talks about the incidence that day again, so Hyosung doesn’t feel too embarrassed or guilty as she was supposed to. They are being natural with each other on set. The relationships offshot is not intense, but not close at all. Eric is a ladyman, he is very gentleman, and very kind to everyone even though he is quiet and serious all the time. He treats Hyosung very well but everything just stops there. It is like Eric tries to draw a line between him and Hyosung. And he barely looks at her in the eyes. Whenever she turns her head to look at him, he never looks at her, he always concentrates on doing something else. He is even closer to the staffs than his lead lady.

 Hyosung tries her best to make the atmosphere between them better but it is hopeless. She knows she is not his type but she is just trying to be a friend with him. It is not like she has a crush on him and is trying to seduce him or something. At least she makes sure that is not what he knows.  There are many moments when she feels her heart beat very fast, and her face becomes warm but she blames it on how good Eric is as an actor. When they firm some intimate lover scenes together, the way he looks at her and his soulful eyes affect her very bad. The way he touches her and whispers in her ears send chills to her whole body and in many other scenes, she feels like her heart plays it hard to control. However, it may be just how she is absorbed in acting and trying to react to his role. Moreover, she knows clearly what she should and should not do.

Eric feels bad for being distanced to Hyosung. She is just a lovely girl who is trying to do her best in the job and trying to be comfortable with him. He knows how hard she takes it on how the relationship between them becomes awkward whenever the director says cut. He knows that so well. But he can do nothing about that. There is something about her that he cannot explain himself. Since the first moment he saw her being so tiny and confused in front of him that day, he immediately felt bad for yelling at her. He immediately wanted to her hair and to tell her he did not mean to be scary. It might be just because he did not deal of this kind of girl yet before he met her. Yes, he did know many young girls at her ages or even younger, but no one seems to be as genuine and pure as her.

He worked with many actresses before, and they are sure more y, attractive and more of his type than her but in his eyes, no one can be as lovely as Hyosung. The way she gets close with everyone so quick and how she cares for them all seem so sincere and so lovely. She does not try to act pretty and over-friendly that it becomes fake, but whenever she appears, everyone seems to be more at ease and more bright. Her smile warm up the whole room and her carefree laugh makes it become even more lively. Since the first day filming, every morning when he wakes up, he only thinks of how to get to the filming site faster just to see her waiting for him there and smile when he comes. He is sure everyone feels what he feels, and everyone likes her, from the director, his own staffs, and even the lighting staffs. He likes her too, but he wishes it stopped just right there so he can be nicer with her. To his surprise, it did not and that troubles him so bad. He just feels wrong all the time.

Eric is not any more a young boy who easily has a crush on just anyone, or neither he is desperate to touch any woman. Women come to him willingly for lust, for love, for fame, and for money and leave soon after failing to make him interested. At this age, after being in a number of relationships, he is way more experienced than that. Then Hyosung comes and messes up everything. Or is it because he is too into the role? He absolutely has no idea because he was never like this before no matter how much he is into his roles. Whenever the direct requires him to hug or cuddle her, he feels the tension building up somewhere inside him on how tiny and curvy she is. Her character only wears one super big male T-shirt during the whole MV and she always looks like she is swimming in it. Even so, her curvy body and her bare legs naughtily play hide and seek with every man’s eyes. Whenever she looks at him with her brown eyes, he desperately wants to drown her into his embrace. Whenever she touches him, he feels like dying of desire to make her his. It has been just one week and she is driving him crazy without her knowing. If he let her get any closer to him, he doesn’t know what wrong thing he could have done.

“The filming has finally finished. Thank everyone for working hard. I have such a good time working with y’all!” The director is announcing the ending of the shooting and giving some last words.

Finally it has ended. Now everyone can take a rest. Eric and Hyosung both desperately need a rest too, not physically, but mentally. They need sometimes to let their minds off,  forget the feelings that seem so wrong to both of them and move on with their real lives.  Eric will be back to prepare for his new drama’s shooting and Hyosung has new album’s photoshoot tomorrow. Life will be busy again and everything that messes with their minds this week will fade away through time. Hopefully.

“Eric shii, are you going to the after party with us? You have to, I guess we won’t have the chance to see each other anytime soon.”  The director asks Eric.

Eric is always polite to everyone. Normally he will join the party with them, but this time he feels like he needs more time to think about what has happened recently. And he absolutely does not want to do that in some crowded and noisy places. He doesn’t want to disappoint the director, but he does not want to join either. Eric is hesitating for a while trying to figure out what to tell the director so he won’t be too upset.

“Director-nim, can I talk with him for a minute?” Hyosung approaches them right after coming out from the dressing room.

“Sure sure, take your time. Eric shii, if you don’t want to join the party, that is fine, don’t feel so bad about it. I understand.”  The director then goes to the staff area to ask people where they want to hold the party.

Eric immediately turns his back to Hyosung to avoid her eyes. Her pair of brown button eyes have been messing with his mind too much recently. He doesn’t want to look into it any more second.

“Sunbae, are you still mad at me about that day?” Hyosung asks him softly while still keeping a distance. It is like as if she stepped any closer, he would try to run away from her.

Eric turns back right away after hearing her question.

“Listen, Hyosung shii, I am not the kind of man that keeps being mad about something for so long.” Eric sighs heavily. Even when he is facing him like now, he can’t look into her eyes.

“Then while you keep avoiding me, even now? We are not going to meet any more.”

“I don’t know if I am being annoying or anything. And I know one week is such a short time to be close with anyone for you but I just genuinely want to be more friendly. I don’t ask for anything more than that. I just want you to treat me like a hoobae, like someone whom you will greet when you meet again later but that seems still too much for you.”

Eric is staying deadly quiet. He doesn’t know what to say or how to defend himself. He is feeling like his heart being wrenched after her words. He wants to slap himself so bad right now. How can he be such a jerk to a girl like her? He should have controlled his emotions better and treated her better. She is just a young girl who truly cares for everyone.

“Anyway, thank you for working with me for one week. I learn a lot from you and I really appreciate the time we had together. We won’t be seeing each other anymore so I guess it is time to say good bye now. Please take care.”

Hyosung turns around and walks away from him so fast before he can say anything to her. Eric looks at her slim figure with all of his emotions that seem to drown him inside and he could not show it out before. It is guilt, regret, and maybe…something more than that…something that he still can’t figure out.

Suddenly Hyosung stops on her track, without turning back to face him she says:

“By the way, if you don’t want to go to the party just because of me then don’t do that. Please go to the party with everyone. I won’t bother you I promise.

Suddenly Eric feels like he is going to do something, something that he has always been scared to do. His heart is going to explode. His feeling wins over his mind and he chases after her. Yes he really chases after her.

“Director nim, where are you guys going? Can I go with you?”

Hyosung hears the husky voice that she has been getting used to for the whole week, the voice that she is always wanting to hear more from behind.

And she smiles silly to herself.

Little do both of them know, what they did today is the beginning for a path that they never imagined to take even once in their life.