Chapter 2

Set To Kill You

 

'why are you guys late for my english class?'
 
'sorry Mrs Lee..it's all my fault because I injured Wonho..'
 
'fair enough, go and take a seat'
 
Haemi bowed slightly and rushed to go to her seat with a sigh. Shin followed slowly behind her and saw a leg sticking out from one of the desks. Just as he was about to help her from tripping, she stomped on the persons foot and sat down in her seat smiling with a smug look plastered on her face. The victim of Haemi's foot-stomp was biting her lip down hard to keep her from screaming her lungs out..like really hard. So hard that small droplets of blood were trickling around the corners of her lips. Soon tears were making their way towards her eyes until she couldn't hold it in anymore. A loud ear piercing scream created echoes throughout the whole entire school
 
The female victim jumped up and lunged towards Haemi and started pulling her hair madly while punching her in the face. Shin watched in horror as Haemi didn't do anything. Nothing at all to protect herself from the vicious classmate.
 
'WHAT IS GOING ON?!' boomed Mrs Lee
 
She charged towards Haemi and the female trying to separate the both of them...well, mainly just the female.
 
'YUME! STOP IT THIS INSTANCE!'
 
Yume didn't listen and kept beating Haemi, creating bruises on her face while small chunks of hair fell to the floor.
The classmates didn't even attempt to try stop the fight. Girls were cheering Yume on to hurt Haemi more and more and the guys were too busy recording everything on their phones. In the end, Shin and Mrs Lee finally pulled Yume away from Haemi.
 
Haemi's face was...terribly beaten. Her hair was a horrible mess and blood kept making its way towards the floor making small puddles. Shin couldn't really respond to what had happened. He kept on thinking about how Haemi would recover from such a brutal beating and get her flawless white skin back again.
The teachers (Mrs Lee and Mr Shun) were outside with the principle talking to  Yume about what she had done and she was in a terrible situation.
Since Yume didn't have any proof of Haemi stomping on her foot, Yume had to take on all the blame, so she was suspended from school.
 
Haemi was let off because she didn't seem to have done anything wrong and she didn't fight back which was a bonus. After all, everything had gone accordingly to plan. Haemi knew that Yume would blow up and attack her if she stomped her on her foot. 
 

Haemi POV

Did it hurt? well, maybe a little bit but it didn't hurt when i kept thinking about how Yume would be suspended from school. It just made me happy so no pain i guess. 
 
Wonho kept taking small glances at me so i had to assure him that i was fine
 
'i'm okay, thanks for asking'
 
He was quiet for a while and it got extremely awkward. 
 
'do you need to go to the infirmary?' Wonho finally asked
 
'hmmm i think i should...' 
 
Wonho gave me a weird look telling me that i was out of my mind. Of course it would be worse if he knew that i did all these things on purpose. Atleast he is kind enough to take me to the infirmary...or maybe his only taking me because i helped him with his wounds? adckjvdjonv who cares
 

Authors POV

'You guys are here aga--OMO HAEMI WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE?!'
 
Haemi chuckled
 
'nothing big, i've had worse'
 
'true' smiled the nurse
 
Shin just stood there confused
 
'what do you mean you've had worse?' he blurted out 
 
After realizing what he had just asked, he cupped a hand over his mouth and muttered a small sorry
 
'no need to be sorry darling~ i would be curious too if i was in your shoes. I mean, who wouldn't be curious when this beautiful young girl here is being bullied badly?'
 
Shin nodded his head slowly while the nurse was taking out the medicine from the cabinet, 
 
'ever since Haemi came to Gene High, it had been a game...a game of survival. She was badly bullied for being close to those gorgeous kingkas and having a lot of male friends. She can't really help it if the whole female population stays away from her like shes a pile of poop! seriously! are those girls in their right minds? Haemi is a wonderful girl to hang out with! she is strong willed and has great potential to make a big difference in the futu-'
 
*a-hem* 'you guys do know that i am right here right?' stated Haemi
 
The nurse and Shin turned their heads to look at her
 
'oh dear! i forgot about your wounds! aigoo, i'm so forgetful!'
 
The nurse made Haemi lay down on the bed while she applied some disinfectant on her wounds. Then placed a layer of soaking wet tissues on her face.
 
'why are you putting wet tissues on her face...?' asked Shin
 
'because this is how Haemi's beautiful face will come back~ it will make Haemi's skin all soft and moist so no scars will be left behind' said the Nurse
 
'oh...does it really work?'
 
'yep~ Haemi was the one who came up with this idea'
 
'thats...interesting..'
 
Soon, Shin could hear soft snoring. The nurse laughed quietly and continued to change the tissues every 15 minutes. 
 
'Wonho, can you please get me another box of tissues on my desk?' asked the nurse
 
Shin nodded and made his way to her desk and grabbed a new box of tissues. He was just about to make his way back to the nurse but a few files dropped to the floor.
 
'crap'
 
He began picking up the files but something caught his eyes. 
 
'Haemi..Naem Haemi...why does that sound so familiar..?'
 
Then it struck him, Haemi is the girl he was supposed to kill afterwards. Why didn't he realize this earlier? Shin couldn't believe that he lost concentration on his mission. He usually wasn't like this and it felt so weird that Shin...THE Shin Wonho would actually forget his mission for a split second.
He quickly packed up the files and placed them back on the desk, then went to give the nurse the tissues.
 
'thank you Wonho'
 
He nodded and sat beside Haemi, staring at her. Would it be right to kill a girl his age that is having a tough life without anyone by her side? why was he pitying her in the first place? was it because of what happened a long time ago and be didn't want it to happen again..? whatever it was, he didn't want to be apart of anything that would involve his emotions ever again.
 

~FLASHBACK~ [ 7 years ago (10 year old Shin) ]

'OI WONTON, COME HERE AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN'
 
Shin whimpered and crawled deeper into the tree hole. A whistle was heard and two large boys walked up to the tree hole, trying to grab Shin. One of them managed to grab his shirt and pulled him out with strong force. Shin screamed in fear, his tears were unstoppable. 
 
'come on, i wont hurt you that much' 
 
The boy laughed and snapped his fingers, soon Shin was surrounded by about five boys around him. It was terrifying and Shin just wanted to go home. The guys soon started kicking him and cursing bad names about his family. He coughed up blood and thought that it really was going to be the end. Shin, dying at the age of 10 and he hadn't even gone through marriage yet. Suddenly, a voice screamed out scaring the bullies.
 
'YAH, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!?!? HOW DARE YOU HURT SHIN-SHIN! I'LL BREAK ALL YOUR NECKS'
 
A girl, not too small or not too big, marched up to them and kicked one of the bullies in the stomach. She might look weak, but she had the energy of a monkey and was very strong-willed, not fearing anything. That girl right there was Euni, Shin's twin sister. She was older than him by about..thirty seconds.
 
'Euni...w-what are you doing here?'
 
Euni crossed her arms and glared at the leader of the gang
 
'obviously to protect my Shin-shin'
 
'don't get involved Euni or you'll be hurt. You don't need a brother like him, his a weakling and his useless. Why don't you come and join my family instead? I'll give you whatever you want'
 
Euni pretended to think for a while
 
'hmmm thats the most ridiculous thing i've heard in all of my life living on this planet called earth, can't you just leave my brother alone Tae?'
 
Tae scoffed
 
'no way! his like my punching bag that makes me stronger'
 
'well, if you won't stop torturing him, you have to get through me first'
 
'i'm warning you Euni! stay out of this!'
 
'make me'
 
Tae got something silver and sharp out of his pocket but Euni didn't flinch. It was a small pocket knife and it looked pretty sharp.
 
'are you really going to do this to me Euni?'
 
'come at me bro'
 
Tae charged at her, he expected her to be scared and move away but she didn't so the sharp blade pierced into her stomach. Tae stared at her in horror
 
'WHY DIDN'T YOU MOVE AWAY YOU FOOL!'
 
Euni coughed up blood and fell to her knees.
 
'i can't let you hurt Shin-shin'
 
'WELL, YOU COULD HAVE MOVED AWAY FROM A CHARGING KNIFE!'
 
Euni coughed up more blood
 
'so you could stab my dear brother? no way in hell. I hope this will make you suffer in the future Tae. This shall be a lesson for you.'
 
Tae stared at the knife in Euni's stomach. He turned to look at his friends and they were as pale as a piece of paper.
 
'lets go!' 
 
They all ran away, fearing for their lives. Shin sobbed by his sisters side.
 
'Euni....w-what were you t-thinking?! HOW CAN YOU JUST DO THAT?!'
 
'Shin-shin....'
 
'w-what..?'
 
'you got some snot right over there...'
 
'THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO BE TALKING ABOUT MY SNOT!'
 
Euni laughed in pain but it soon faded and her expression grew soft
 
'Shin-shin...if something were to happen to me..i just wanted you to know that..i'm glad that i had you as a little brother and not some ...please tell mum and dad that i love them....become a strong person and make me proud will ya?'
 
Euni's eyes slowly closed and then, her breathing stopped. Something did happen to her..she died.
 
[OKAY, the connection between Euni and Haemi is that they're sort of the same. Sort of. They have lots of courage and aren't afraid of anything and are always fighting against bullies. Shin doesn't want to see Haemi die because shes trying to fight against a few bullies and stuff....and yea...just wanted to make that clear if you didn't understand] 
 

~FLASHBACK END~ 

 

Shin's eyes fluttered open. He looked out the window and it was dark. 
 
*was i sleeping for that long..?* he thought
 
*arghh, i had that nightmare again...Euni...you're happy wherever you are right?*
 
Shin sighed and got up from his seat. He was sleeping with his back arched over the bed so his back was really sore. It was then, that Shin realized that Haemi wasn't in the bed anymore. She was gone.
 

TADA~ chapter 2 is up~

and just a small note...i'm a very lazy person so...maybe my updates take a while so...yea