Chapter 2

Why Did He Choose Me?

I looked up at the clock on the wall, 1:00. I sighed, "Time to get ready for my date" I said half-heartedly and got up from the couch. It's not that I hated dating Jongup, I hated seeing other girls when we were out. Any of those girls could be the reason Jongup breaks up with me. I sighed as I swung my closet open. No cute or pretty clothes occupied my closet; all there was inside were shirts with the shoulders stretched, and jeans with the and thighs stretched out from when I first bought them. Like everyday, I went with T-Shirt and Jeans. Looking in the mirror never boosted my self-esteem, neither did Jongup's happy-go-lucky attitude. He always said he liked my body the way it was and to never get reconstructional surgery. I haven't even heard a complaint or a tease from him about my body type. Maybe it was because I would always say stuff like, "with a body like mine, I could pass as an Olympic swimmer!~"

I stood in front of the mirror and just stared. No make-up or Make-Up today? I shook my head and sighed. With mono-eyelids like this, I should just throw out all my make-up.

The door bell rang and I took my sweet time walking from the bathroom to open it. When the door was fully open, I looked up to see Jongup's classic smile. For me he was the true happy virus; If he looked happy and smiley, I get that same happy feeling. "Are you just going to stand there in your socks or were you planning on leaving like that?", he said with a mocking smile. "Save the comments moontos, give me a minute to get my shoes on" I said with the same playful tone. There was no point in more prepping, there was nothing extra to do anyway.

"What strange place are you taking me this time?" I asked, on the way out of the apartment building. "You're the strange one if Coex is a strange place", Jongup retorted. We took the subway to Coex and on our way there petite girls were dominating the walk ways. They were all wearing clothes that looked the same. Kill Heels, Mini Skirts, and a Blouse. Jongup noticed my unease and tried to cheer me up, "Hey let's go here! I'll buy you something!" and proceeded to drag me into a dress shop. I frowned, "you don't have to buy me anything. especially clothes" I said, trying to talk myself out of this situation, "Just think of this as a present!" which really meant, "Go get a dress of your choice before I force a dress of MY choice on you". I stuck my tongue out at him and all he did was grin. I started to the walk of shame to the back racks. "Size 7's" were printed boldly and clearly on the tags, that only made me frown more. "Well go on, pick a dress" He encouraged. That smile was plastered on his face, the size number didnt seem to change his facial expression. Without a thought, I just picked 3 random dresses and marched to the dressing room.

I tried on option 1, and looked in the dressing room mirror. "Oh Sweet Jesus...." I said in disgust. The reflection was a potato wearing a sad excuse for a dress. "Can I see~?" Jongup said, and from the sound of it he was standing right in front of the door. "um.......no" and i started on option 2, and then 3. Option 2 was definitely the winner, but I had to get it fixed a bit. At the register, I asked the worker if she could widen the hips, widen the shoulders, tight the waist and tighten the chest area. "Sure thing, Sweety" She said and walked into the back, dissapearing with the dress. I swear there was a snarky tone to her voice. I just stared at the door and narrowed my eyes. I took breath and looked around. Once again, I looked up to see his expression, he just grinned and said, "you better wear that dress for our next date". I laughed, "you expect me to wear that thing?". His grin turned into a smirk, "would you really meet my parents and go eat with them dressed casually?" he said, and I thought a while and said, "yeah, sure why not". He laughed and lightly pushed me, "I'm serious!" he said and attempted to drop his smile. "It doesn't look like you are" I said, holding in my laughter. I've never seen Jongup's face twist like this to drop his smile. "......hey look the dress is back" he said to divert my attention, I turned away and the worker was back with the dress. That dress is the bane of my existence. "Size 7, and tailored, that will be 75000" (75 dollars) the worker said. The girls beind me started snickering and tried not to make a face as Jongup paid. I took the bag from the worker before Jongup could and I led the way out. "Now we have the option of watching a movie, going to the aquarium, or shopping" He said, "To the aquarium we go then!" I said and grabbed his hand to lead the way.

7 hours later....

"You don't have to walk me home, it isn't that late" I said. He shrugged, "we don't get enough moments alone". I nodded and the thoughts about my body ran through my head. What I found strange was that Jongup hadn't said a single word about it, and now that I think about it, he didn't even lay his eyes on another girl. "Why do you love me?" "you should know why, we've been together for almost a year", i rolled my eyes. it was always the same answer. it was as if he was a broken record that played on comand. After a long and slightly awkward silence, i decided to bring up my next question. "Oppa, why did you choose me?" I said bluntly. In response he laughed, "choose? i wouldn't use that word choice, but I liked you because you were different" he said. I snorted, "different? that's pretty cliche".

"I know it is, but it's the truth. You see every girl we saw today must have gotten double eye-lid surgery, but you didnt. At the subway every girl there was wearing heels and a mini skirt, even though they were with boyfriends. that means they want more attention, but you dont. you're nice and casual. Being skinny, or being petite isn't everything. If every girl didn't accept the way she was and changed into a skinny stick with double eye-lids, then every girl would look the same. We all like a little bit of different every now and then right?" He said. All i could do was stared and blink at him, "what?!" "....i've never heard you talk so much" I said, "ya! were you paying attention at all?" I laughed, "yes i was. and thank you, for that long speech. now i know how you feel about...the fact that i'm not like the others" i said, "well, if you really love someone you should accept them completely. flaws and all" Jongup said quietly. I smiled at his comment and we stopped infront of my apartment building. "I'll see you tommorow~!" I said with a grin as i started to walk in. "I love you~!!!" he said loud and clear, for the first time in 7 months. I stopped walking and turned around, "I love you too oppa" with a grin and continued walking in after Jongup's Classic grin and happiness was plastered all over his face.

 

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

A/N~

i know it isn't very long...or maybe it is but i finished this at night and half of my sanity is slipping away ><

but in reality this is basically half of my thoughts, especially when shopping.

tell me what you thought of this story and give some criticism! i need to know what to improve in my writing~!