Cacophonies

Maestro

____________________________________________________________________

Monday…each and every one of them had only one period besides Daemul. She was the only one who always had separate class from others. Minyoung planned to go home as soon as her class is finished. She didn’t want to get in sight of others especially not Hara and Jaejoong. Not that they would grab and beat her but she knew they would eye her separately. Right now she had somewhat figured that she was early in the campus so she kept wandering around observing the other department.

   There were opera department, drums department, guitar department and harps department. She kept thinking that she even had cello students in her department and that there were so many groups that she hadn’t even seen them at times as they have different schedules. Then she thought if she doesn’t go to her class soon, they might see her on their way so she quickly ran to her classroom, but on her way she heard a piano piece playing coming from another classroom and it was not the sudden play as she heard many departments practicing before class, but it was the piece that was played.

   Lacrimosa…Mozart piece…it was a very difficult piece for anyone to play and if anyone plays it would be the final year students who only comes at night for their class…so who would play such a difficult piece? Though she could catch the mistakes that were made even though she wasn’t a piano student…

 

‘Maybe that person is trying very hard to prove himself/herself. Oh well this place has too many diligent student, sometimes it makes me feel pathetic.’        She smiled and walked to her class though she once wanted to see the player as she was wanted to see the previous one…but she thought as this person is trying to improve, she might interrupt him and ruin his concentration.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Yoochun kept missing out his tune in the piece which caused him to get frustrated every time. This was his last attempt and his hands gave up entirely and slumped on the keys.

 

“This is hopeless!”   He exclaimed out. A sigh came out and he looked outside the window thinking about the woman. She caught up the tune so easily without a note; maybe he should get personal tuition. He felt so pathetic compared to other fellow mates and in particular Hara.

 

“What would she think of me? She just agreed to be with me and now…”   he left off as someone put a hand on his shoulder surprising him. He looked behind to see Hara smiling at him.

 

“You’re doing great Yoochun, even I cannot tune up lacrimosa…but I would say at least you had the guts to try.” She took a seat beside him and hovered her finger over the keys. Then that became a series of tune non-stop going forward and coming back.

   Yoochun actually looked at her like a goat looking in the water…he felt like a fool trying to take in the shock he was observing… she played so well.

 

‘Huh…and she said she couldn’t play…what a liar!’   He pouted at himself. Unknown to him, Hara had noticed his self pity….she stopped playing causing Yoochun to look at her. She giggled and patted on his shoulder. That kind of surprised him a bit…not because of the touch as he said been touched way too much before.

There were many girls who chatted with him at first then tried unsuccessfully to touch his knees, cheeks, head, hair, neck and…ahem…inappropriate places. But she only touched him as she would pat Minyoung or Ga-in…on the shoulder…she knew her place or she really didn’t go for his face or fame. Hara noticed his dazed look at her.

 

“Did I offend you? I mean am I not supposed to…”   she was cut off after he understood what she was asking.

 

“No I don’t mind…you can even pat me on my head.”   He was still dazed. Hara nervously smiled…

 

‘That’s not what I wanted to ask…I was talking about the piano…whether I offended you playing the same piece.’ She thought but kept to herself. The teacher entered as well as few other students meaning the class had started…and Jaejoong had entered as well.

He saw her with Yoochun…he lightly smiled at them when they greeted him as he greeted back.

 

“What happened to your face?”   Hara asked looking at Jaejoong’s light cut on his face. His hand touched the scar and smiled wearily. Of course he couldn’t tell her Ga-in beat him to a pulp.

 

“Just fell off the stairs day before yesterday…”   he answered then looked at Yoochun. He seemed oblivious to his mood. He just walked two seats away from their seats.

 

“Hyung come sit forward us or behind us, why two seats away?”   Yoochun asked Hara also had the same thing in mind. If he was thinking that she still is sickly in love with him like as before and she would do inappropriate act then that would be a very low act and if he thinks of her like that then he thinks of her very wrongly and very offensively…she didn’t like the way he was thinking…as she guessed.

   She even wanted to tell Yoochun that she loved Jaejoong and even got rejected…but Jaejoong told her not to at least threaten. And the fact that Yoochun might tell her to go to Jaejoong or even request him to accept her as Jaejoong did, and then she would feel awful and humiliated. She isn’t that pathetic…she might fall in love again with someone else and she had self pride. Plus there are many good men out there and would like to have her, or she might not want to get into relationships at all so that doesn’t mean anything for Jaejoong to act this way. In this sense Hara was much cooler than Jaejoong as he behaved like a teen age girl. She might end up telling Yoochun about it, cause she aint gonna follow his orders.

 

“Uhh…why bother? Just sit, it’s just one class.”   He answered. Hara merely shrugged and took the seat and Yoochun sat beside her while Jaejoong sat in the back. He was thinking whether they had finally gotten together, looking at the scenery they did and Yoochun did give him a hint.

 

~At least she’s isn’t going to make a mess about it. ~     Jaejoong smiled.

________________________________________________________________________________

Junsu just entered the class; saw Ga-in standing with a book in her hand reading. She was for the first time wearing a red full sleeved sweats and blue jeans making her look like a little boy. Her legs wasn’t revealed nor her figure. That kind of surprised Junsu…could it be? She has finally understood the art of conservatively. Her hair was not clearly brushed and she had no make-up on. In total she was completely out of her mind today.

He came in and stood beside her without her notice. He peeked into the book she was reading-Carmilla by Le Fanu. A book of female vampire falling in love with a human girl… awkward choice.

 

‘Uhh…a book of lesbian love…which is forbidden and one vampire another human…double forbidden. She does like things which are forbidden.’ Then he realized that Ga-in had noticed him and looking at Junsu peeking into her book with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Sorry…good morning…”   he glee. She looked back to her book without answering.

 

‘Probably she’s still angry about last day; of course I haven’t made a very good impression of myself in front of her. Maybe I need to hang out with her even more. How about a friendly match with her later?’       He thought to himself already deciding what to do.

Before he could speak his mind, the teacher Shank land stepped into the classroom.

 

“Alright, we are about to…”   he went on telling what he was about to do. Ga-in put her book down and listened to him. Junsu sidewise observed her. He didn’t need to ask her about it, one needle into her pride does everything.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Mrs. Yvonne’s class had finished and everyone already started packing up to get out. Jaejoong quickly packed his bag and walked when Yoochun caught his arm.

 

“Where are you going?”   He asked.

 

“I have an urgent matter in the library, why don’t you guys go ahead?”   He suggested and went out leaving Yoochun shrugging but Hara annoyed. She looked at Yoochun and asked.

 

“How about we continue where we left off?”  

Yoochun could almost jump out of the window, surely he was happy but this time more than excited. He nodded and took his seat in front of the piano.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Jaejoong was standing outside the library, for some reason he couldn’t enter the room. He didn’t think he had any reason to; he was simply leaving Yoochun and Hara with themselves to get along.

Junsu on the other hand, even after knowing everything, didn’t say anything to him. He was just disappointed that he didn’t bother telling Junsu about it. He felt bad for the younger one.

He looked up at plate above the door, and then looked forward. He seriously didn’t want to go into the library. He sighed, he had to; if he didn’t the other two would definitely find out…Hara might accuse him further for acting excessively which isn’t needed at all.

 

“Jaejoong?”   Someone called startling him. He turned around and saw Minyoung looking at him curiously, as if she had never seen him in front of a library before.

 

“Minyoung? Why are you doing here? I mean, don’t you have another class?”   He asked. Minyoung looked at him with an eyebrow raised. They might know each other but that gave him no right whatsoever to ask her like this-at least that’s what she thought. Yet she answered.

 

“Professor Pao On’s class had been cancelled just few minutes ago and I think my business is my business in front of the library. I was merely asking because you seem to hesitate to enter the library.”   She stated in a matter-o-fact way.

 

“Oh, I didn’t mean it in an offending way…I just…”     then he thought it’s better not to argue with her. He had to be more careful with her in terms of talking.

 

“Never mind what you do here, that is none of my business. See you later.”   She walked past him, and then stopped.

 

“What’s wrong with your face?”   She suddenly asked, causing Jaejoong’s reaction to be astounded. She didn’t fail to notice it…with her ignorant attitude; she was suppose to avoid it.

 

“Fell down from the stairs…but I’m fine now.”   He said and turned to look at her. Unknown to him Minyoung was thinking something else. She was thinking it must have hurt hara to see him like this…and she didn’t want Hara hurt…she could lay a punch on him for all she could care about and his face was last in line to concern about. But neither did she knew that Ga-in had already done it.

 

“Minyoung, if you don’t have any problem may I go to the library with you? I seem to have nothing to do…all the others are busy.”   He stated. She looked at him clearly guessing that he was lying. She knew he had a class with Hara and Yoochun. He must have done something to avoid them but she didn’t care. She agreed to his idea as she couldn’t be impolite to him. According to her Yoochun was first in line to be impolite, while Jaejoong is in first line of the ‘ninny’ category. Junsu was the only one alright to her. She had wished to be with Junsu talking about soccer rather than be with him. Ga-in told Minyoung that Junsu loved soccer, she wondered how Ga-in knew that. Of course he wouldn’t have gone for try outs if he didn’t love it. How silly of her. They both proceeded into the library.

 

Minyoung had gone to her way wasting no time with this girly man. Of course he was surprised, he had seen girls entering the library with him on purpose then they immediately start meaningless conversation with him. He tries to concentrate on finding books or other things but their squeaking makes everything worse. But she…was kind of…not kind of…totally like his mother. Unfriendly towards popular men, cannot stand meaningless gossips etc. on the contrary he was looking for a topic to talk to her…he had an urge to know more of her. Jaejoong walked behind her, like tailing her. She, while looking for the book, noticed that Jaejoong was tailing her like a kid. She stopped and turned to him.

 

“Do you need to say anything?”   She slowly asked, showing quite a bit of irritation.

 

“Uhh…no…yes…I mean…yes, yes I need to say something Minyoung. Please listen carefully and only answer after I finish.”   He said confidently looking at her. She merely crossed her arms over her chest, waiting for his ‘something’ to come out of his desperate mind. Looking at him like that really scared him. He had never scared of any women besides his mother…oh yeah the girls at SM…but she could kill him for disturbing the Lady Death or Daemul.

 

“Minyoung, you do know that Yoochun and Hara are…”

 

“Are what?”   She asked him waiting for him to continue.

 

“…couple and that…”

 

“That?”   She cut him off…what exactly he wanted to ask her?

 

“Will you give me a chance to complete?”   Jaejoong pressured.

 

“Why will I need to hear about anything that doesn’t concern me? Nevertheless continue.”   She looked away.

 

“Did Hara say anything after Yoochun proposed to her?”   He straight forwardly asked. She was really getting irritated, but it was good to know that he still cared about her but annoyed that he still had the nerve to interfere in her matters.

 

“No, she didn’t it’s her matter.”   She stated.

 

“I get the feeling you don’t like me Daemul.”   He said without thinking twice. That ticked her a lot.

 

“First thing first Jaejoong, I didn’t give you the right to call me that, second don’t change your subject and third since you are done with your questions and have no more please do not bother me.”  

She turned around and went ahead. Jaejoong could really kill her right now. Oh how he hated her, come to think of it even Yoochun didn’t like her that much. She was like that, no wonder she had no friends besides Hara and Ga-in.

 

~I don’t care what you are like…or what you think of me but I have to do what I have to. ~

___________________________________________________________________________________

Yoochun was playing beside Hara and they were talking in between.

 

“You live alone with Ga-in and your nanny…away from your parents…that is tragic. Don’t you miss them?”   He asked.

 

“Of course I do but that isn’t tragic, you live alone away from your family as well, so does Jaejoong and Junsu…what about you Yoochun?”   She asked back.

 

“Well they live in Korea, we once lived in USA for six years when I was 13 then returned then rece I turned 19. And I’m glad we did.”   He said.

 

“So you lived outside Asia? Oh man…the only foreign country I had a chance to go was in Japan. Even Ga-in had gone to several countries outside Asia like Dubai, Belgium and Germany and few countries in Asia like Malaysia and Singapore. She even stayed 2 weeks in each country with her father. Oh, well Minyoung lived in London for 7 years since 11 years old; then she returned alone for her studies. She sometimes goes after every semester. Lucky aren’t they?”   She said.

 

“Really? So you guys still kept in contact even being so far away from each other.”   He said.

 

“Yeah, actually Ga-in had been there even before meeting us…we met her during our high school times.”   Hara lightly smiled remembering her old days…they were good times.

Yoochun’s face reflected inside her eyes, even though she wasn’t looking at him. She wasn’t the type to forget her friends in her conversations…she values her friend more than any guys.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jaejoong still followed Minyoung/Daemul/dreaded woman out of the library. It was really irritating her, why did he have to follow her? Wasn’t he in love with Hara? Even if he is trying to stay away from Doll, his conscious would still want to stay with her, instead he is wasting his time with big man. She didn’t understand him.

 

“Jaejoong, if you don’t have anything better to do, you can spend your time doing something useful, like studying.”   She stated while walking.

 

“I don’t have to…I already finished what I needed to.”   He answered facing her back walking behind her.

 

“Studying has to end…it goes on. I though you out of all would understand that.”   It actually disappointed her. He was being pathetic.

 

“No one ever said that to me actually…you are the first one.”   He stopped…she noticed his motion and stopped as well. She hasn’t heard anyone say that in her life. She turned around looking at his face. He was looking down with a sad expression. For a moment she thought he was acting…then he sighed and looked at her.

 

“I’m sorry for bothering you Minyoung. We…I had to endure a lot in the past in SM and I thought I would have to endure here too but…I was only trying to look for people who shares thought same as mine. I guess I’m not satisfied with people around me and people not wanting to be near me. I won’t come at you again.”   He left leaving Minyoung alone standing in the hall.

She really didn’t realize that she could have hurt his feelings…then again she only said there is no end to education. What’s there to hurt him?

 

‘Drama queen…’

She walked behind the walking Jaejoong and tapped on his shoulder. He turned to her with a surprised face.

 

“Its true I don’t like you, you are way too emotional. And I only said studying has no end and you’re acting like a lonely girl with matches. You start talking about endurance and everything…so…tell me what’s really bothering you…so you won’t coming bothering me with your little riddles.”   She stated with a frown on her face.

He became really much astounded…no girl ever got his flaws out. He was always considered beautiful and she just called him a lonely girl with red matches. He suddenly smiled shining his face like an angel.

 

“Why are you smiling now? Don’t tell me you actually think I am very curious about you…I don’t even want to walk along with you let alone know about you. So don’t ever come whining that you had to endure all. There are people who are in worst condition than you.”   She stated further.

 

“I know, thank you and I’m sorry. Can we still walk together?”   He asked.

 

“No.”   She said and walked away again. But Jaejoong didn’t hesitate. He tagged along with her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Ga-in out on her zebra uniform and took her whistle. The players Kevin, Alexander, and Eli took position. Seungri and Junsu and…Junsu took position. This Junsu shares the same name with dolphin. Ga-in first found it irritating to identify them. She called one Junsu another Junsu responded so she decided…

 

“I’ll call you dolphin and I don’t care if you mind.”   Ga-in said.

 

“That’s a good one. I think I might get used to call you one.”   The captain smiled and the others laughed.

 

“Start!”   She blew the whistle and they started playing.

_______________________________________________________________________________

“Hey, I think we had done enough practice…you have caught up to the tune. Why don’t we go out?”   She said making Yoochun blush. She noticed his cheeks and her face became bored.

 

“Out in the field I mean.”

 

“Oh…he he he…sure. Come on.”    He stood up and walked out with Hara behind him. She wanted out smack him on his head for thinking so ahead, then again her mind laughed at her. He was way too humorous; she bet Minyoung would have ripped him apart.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ga-in stood aside watching the guys play…she hated that. She wanted to play with them, with him. She wanted to show that she wasn’t some typical fashion girl; she leaned on the metal net. Then she saw Yoochun and Hara coming out together. They were talking and laughing…after so many days. Then she saw on the other side Jaejoong coming along with Minyoung. That sort of shocked her. He was with Daemul? He had the courage to be with her? He didn’t tell her everything right? No if he did, he would also have to tell why she did it, so he already would have been dead.

 

She stood up straight and called them.

 

“Yo! Over here!”   She waived and got her reply from both Hara and Minyoung. Jaejoong was actually scared of the piper. He thought she would jump on him (not indecently) and strangle him to death.

She blew the whistle and adjourned the game. Junsu/dolphin ran to the guys and high fived Yoochun and Jaejoong.

 

“Enjoying?”   Yoochun asked.

 

“A lot and also getting better. I like my captain. I’ll be there in a minute!”   He called out to the others and looked at them. Hara with Yoochun, Minyoung with Jaejoong? That’s was weird. Yoochun on the other hand nervously smiled at Jaejoong and Minyoung. What were they doing together? Yoochun nudged Hara. She looked at him but didn’t get any sort of response from him. She looked back to the others.

 

“So how is your wound now?”   Ga-in asked boring her scary eyes in Jaejoong’s. He gulped and answered hoarsely.

 

“Yeah fine, I mean very good.”  

 

“It's almost evening, I should be going home. But I thought of seeing you two. This is the first time I had my class cancelled.”   Minyoung said.

 

“We’ll drop you.”   Hara said.

 

“Can we go too, that is if you don’t mind.”   Yoochun asked.

 

“Ask the girls, they are the boss.” Hara motioned to Ga-in and Minyoung.

 

“I don’t see any problem.”   Ga-in said shrugging then looked at Daemul. Of course she didn’t want any of them to come along with her but seeing hara and Ga-in having no problem she agreed. Not every day they make friends with guys.

 

“Right after we finish our game though.”   Ga-in said.

___________________________________________________________________________

“Drop me here people…my house is right ahead.”   Minyoung said. Yoochun stopped his Pajero and opened the door. She came out and closed the door. The car left and she started walking.

Meanwhile the others were still inside the car.

 

“Since her house was near, she could have just stopped in front of her house.”   Yoochun stated while driving.

 

“Maybe she doesn’t want anyone to see it.”   Jaejoong said.

 

“No, she’s just being nice not to trouble you guys.”   Hara corrected.

 

Ga-in and Junsu were sitting beside each other. Unlike the others they weren’t talking. Junsu really wanted to throw himself out of the car before dying of boredom.

Ga-in actually was tired…things have been happening and she really didn’t want to share it with anyone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

After dropping the girls, they were headed to their apartment. Three of them had different things in mind. Jaejoong was really thinking how to avoid Hara even more while getting more ideas to convince Daemul. Junsu was thinking how to persuade Ga-in into talking to him and forget about his behaviors while Yoochun…thinking about Hara but more curious about Minyoung. What was she doing with Jaejoong? It was a bit too awkward for him to accept these two even as friends.

 

Their thoughts were like clashing mixture of sounds.

_________________________________________________________________________