The Happy Ending

Overboard. (Sequel to Just so you know)

She sat on a bench underneath a huge tree and tried to catch her breath. Pulling off her high heels sandals, hiccups erupted and tears flow nonstop from her eyes. Yonghwa, how.. I can’t face him. I have to go away. I have to…

“Seohyun…” A very familiar voice interrupted her thoughts. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand, as she readies herself from running away, again. But Yonghwa was faster this time. He caught her wrist and twists her body to face him. “Enough of running away Seohyun-ah. Please…” Seohyun closed her eyes, refusing to listen to him. “Please Seohyun-ah..” He knelt down on the ground, not caring if he’ll dirty his trousers. He held her hands firmly and squeezed it lightly. When Seohyun opened her eyes, she found him crying, begging for her forgiveness. This was not what she’s expecting. Not at all. She looked at him confusedly as he places her palms on his face. “Please don’t go away. Please forgive me. I’ve been wrong. Please don’t.. Don’t leave me again.. I can’t bear it anymore.” She saw sincerity in his eyes and before she knew it, she’s also kneeling at the ground, embracing him.

“I’m sorry for leaving you. I thought it was the best way for us.”

“Stop saying sorry. I’m the one at fault. I’ll make it up to you. Just please don’t leave me again.” He breaks free from her hug as he caresses her cheeks with his thumb. She nodded and smiled at him. At that moment, all the bitterness and hate was gone.

“Yah hyung! What the heck are you doi-, oh! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.. uhm, please continue.” Minhyuk hurriedly went back, frightened to be scolded by their very strict leader when he suddenly heard his voice.

“It’s alright Minhyuk-ah.” When he turned to see his hyung and his company, they’re already standing. The girl looked so familiar to him, that he can’t seem to take his eyes away from her. Seohyun, feeling conscious from the latter’s giving her, she touched her hair and looked at her feet. “Come here, I’ll introduce you to her.” With hesitant steps, he reached them and waited for Yonghwa to speak. “Minhyuk-ah, this is Seohyun, Hyun, this is Minhyuk, our band’s drummer.”

“Annyeong Minhyuk-shi.” The shy girl greeted. Minhyuk, still knocking up his brain for information just stared at her with confused eyes.

“YAH! Have some manners! Introduce yourself!” Jonghyun said, appearing from behind them along with Yoona.

“Unnie! Why didn’t you tell me that Yonghwa’s one of Jonghyun oppa’s bandmates?” Seohyun hissed when Yoona reached her side.

“What??! I’m doing you both a favor alright? It’s been 5 years Hyunnie, and don’t you think it’s about time you two fix things up?? We know you both have some barricade inbetween which I don’t know why you’re so afraid to break.” Yoona answered. Seohyun remained quiet thinking things thoroughly.

“Oh!! You’re that girl from Hyung’s pictures!!!!” Minhyuk finally said. A slapped landed on both side of his arms causing an “Ouch” from the poor boy. After some short introductions with Jungshin, who also came running when he realized that his band mates was nowhere to be found, they went back to the party and entertained their guests. Yonghwa, the always paranoid guy made sure that Seohyun’s always at his side, afraid that she’ll disappear anytime he blinks.

------------------------------------------------------

“Bye. Have fuuuun!” Yoona says as they push them inside Yonghwa’s apartment building. The couple waved awkwardly at the descending car.

“So..”

“So.. Uhm, want to go inside?” Yonghwa offered. Seohyun nodded shyly and follow Yonghwa who led the way. Inside the elevator, comfortable silence enveloped them while the tension dies down. They sometimes steal glances at each other and smiles are exchanged. When they arrived at Yonghwa’s room, he opened his door for her and she willingly came inside.

“Do you want some coffee??” Seohyun looked at him incredulously, and Yonghwa chuckled. “I know, I know, coffee is bad for the health. I’ll get you an orange juice.” When Yonghwa went to his kitchen, Seohyun roamed her eyes as she examines his place. It’s really nice and cozy. Awards, trophies displayed everywhere, a living room at the middle of the area, kitchen just behind the dining room, a door, maybe a bedroom at the corner of the living room, and another door beside the entrance. When Yonghwa came back, he’s carrying a two glasses and he put it at the center table in front of Seohyun as he sits beside her.

“You have a really nice place.” She says as she reached for her glass and takes a slow sip.

“Yeah, I love it here.”

“How’s your parents?” She ask.

“They’re fine. I sometimes visit them and stay there for a night or two, then I’ll come back here afterwards. My schedule’s pretty hectic, that’s why I could only see them once or twice a month.” As he speaks, she noticed that he’s become very thin. It saddens her a little and can’t help but touch his face.

“You should always eat. You’ve lost some weight and it’s scary.” He held her hands and felt her warmth.

“That’s because there’s no one taking care of me.”

“I’ll take care of you. I’ll never leave you again..” He stares at her for a long time and his eyes landed on her lips. Little by little, his face grew closer to hers, and the next thing she knew, he’s kissing her. She felt his soft warm lips on her and it felt home. The kiss became deeper and it made Seohyun nervous. Yonghwa sensed her tense and quickly stopped. He smiled when he saw her face changes to bright red and he really thought that she looks adorable.

“Uhm, Yong oppa, I think we should take this slow. We still have a lot of catching up and it’s been five years. You know, a lot of things have changed, and I would really want to.. to start from the very beginning.” She said nervously as she fidgets the hem of her dress.

“We have all the time in the world. And I’m willing to make it up to you.” After some time, they just sat there and talk nonstop until they both fall asleep on the couch, embracing eachother.

-----------------------------------------

“I’m very happy for you.”

“Thanks. And I’ll be there.”

“You better be! Or else, I’ll come running here and drag you whether you like it or not..” Seohyun heard voices as she stir up from her sleep. She stretched her hands and found herself on a bed. Yonghwa must’ve carried her while she was sleeping. Oh no! I fell asleep! She sighed in relief when she found she’s still fully dressed. Carefully, she put on her cardigan lying on the beside table and headed out of the door where she found Yonghwa talking to a girl. Eavesdropping is rude, but she’s dead curious as to who it was visiting him this early, as she walks quietly towards them, the girl catches her peeking and smiled at her broadly.

“Seohyun-ah! Long time no see!” Yonghwa looked back and saw a Seohyun who just woke up, and he can’t help but to smile at the sight in front of him. It’s been one of his fantasies to finally have Seohyun waking up at his place, too bad he wasn’t there when she first opened her eyes.

“Shinhye, nice.. nice to meet you too.” Seohyun managed to say. She felt confused and hurt as to why Shinhye’s there, thinking that maybe, what they did yesterday was just a dream. A very, very wonderful dream. And she’s back in reality. She suppresses the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. This did not go unnoticed by Shinhye.

“Yonghwa, will you please give me and Seohyun some time alone?” Yonghwa looked at Seohyun and she tried to smile encouragingly at him. After he left, she walked towards the sofa and sat quietly. “How are you Seohyun-ah?”

“I’ve been fine, thank you very much.” She says, knotting her fingers together, getting a hold of herself.

“Don’t misunderstand. I’m here to give Yong my wedding invitation.” Confused, she looked up to meet her eyes. Shinhye giggled to the latter’s expression and further explains. “I’m getting married next week to Hongki. You know, the guy I chose over Yonghwa. I wanted to personally give it to him today because I’ll be busy later on with the preparations and wanted to check on him. I tell you, that guy never eats on time. Have you notice how thin he is these days?” Still trying to absorb things, Shinhye went beside her and hold her hands tightly. “I’m sorry, Seohyun. For all the things I did. What happened between me and Yonghwa are all in the past now. He was very miserable when you left him. You should know that. He loves you so much. Be happy, alright? You deserve everything in life.” The tears she’s been holding back finally burst. Shinhye hugged her and it made Seohyun weep more.

“I’m sorry Shinhye. I ruined your relationship.. I’m sorry.”

“Shh. You didn’t ruin anything. Hey.. Listen.” She says as she held both Seohyun’s shoulder. “I want you to wipe those tears and be happy with Yonghwa oppa. You both have been through so much. You both deserve to finally be together.” With that sentence, she let go of Seohyun. She patted her shoulders and gave her a very warm smile. “Yong! I’ll be leaving now! You take care of your girl okay?” Yonghwa hurriedly appears from the dining room who ‘s no doubt, been listening to the conversation and went to see Shinhye out.

“Remember, you two, when I come back here after my honeymoon, I want to see you two getting married arraso?” And with that last wink, Shinhye closed the door lightly and went ahead..

-------------------------

“Cheers!” The clinging of wine glasses are heard as everyone yelled ‘cheers’ to one another.

“Congratulations you both! I never thought that my threat would actually work! I can’t believe you two are engaged!” Shinhye greeted as she hugged both Yonghwa and Seohyun.

“Yeah, I also can’t believe that you’re already pregnant. That’s a big melon you got there. Aigoo, Jiwoon-ah, is omma giving you a hard time?” Yonghwa crouched as he cooed Shinhye’s big bump.

“Yah Jung Yong Hwa!! Stop scaring my baby!!” Hongki appeared and scolded Yonghwa.

“Mian, I’m just excited to be an uncle.” He reasoned.

“Yeah you are. Hi Seohyuniie~! You look beautiful!!” Hongki praised as he put his arms casually around Seohyun’s shoulders.

“Thank you Hongsters.”

“Yah! Get away from my fiancé!” They all laughed at Yonghwa’s possessiveness as Shinhye dragged his husband away from them.

“Soon to be Mrs. Jung, would you do the honor of dancing with me??” Yonghwa said sweetly when the music started to slow down.

“Why it is an honor, Mr. Jung.” He held her hand as he led her to the dance floor. Cameras are everywhere, taking their pictures. Jung Yonghwa’s sudden announcement of getting married was taken lightly by his fans and they were happy for their idol to be finally reunited with his long lost love. Everything was well, and he’ll still be the leader of CN Blue. The other members were ecstatic, being fond of their newly sister-in-law, much to Yoona’s dismay.

Yonghwa kept on looking at Shinhye and Hongki not far away from them which made Seohyun a little upset.

“Do you still have feelings for her? Because honestly, I can’t turn away anymore.” Seohyun says.

“Are you kidding me?! You’re everything I want. You’ll always be what I want. You got that?”

“Then why are you looking at them like that?? Are you not satisfied with me?”

“Don’t be ridiculous Seohyun-ah. In fact, I’m the happiest man right now. You, agreeing to marry me.” But Seohyun noticed that there’s bothering him.

“Speak up Yong. You can’t fool me.” Chuckling, he shook his head and answered.

“You know me too well Hyun-ah. I really did the right decision didn’t I? Aigoo, my fiancé is really smart.”

“Yah! Don’t you try to change the subject!!”

“Fine. I want a baby as soon as possible.”

“WHAT?!”

“What? I didn’t wanna tell you, but you kept on asking..”

“That’s your reason??” Tilting her head up, she gazed in to his eyes and she could see the determination in them. Her heart softens and slowly, she moved closer and slowly touched his lips with hers.

“Yes.” He says breathless after breaking the kiss.

“Why don’t we make one after this party??” Yonghwa snapped his head and looked at her with wide eyes.

“You serious!?”

“Dead serious.” She says, holding back her laugh.

“Screw this, let’s go and make lots of babies!!!” Before Seohyun could protest, Yonghwa dragged her towards the building’s exit without a glance back, and made their way to the long journey of forever..

 

THE END